[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>boot up a game on the PS2 for the first time in almost a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (64KB, 1000x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 1000x690px
>boot up a game on the PS2 for the first time in almost a decade
>no bullshit
>just turn on the console and play
>literally feels like a next gen experience with how quick and seamless it is

What have they done, /v/? What have they done.
>>
****LOADING****..........................
>>
>>378183397
They sold you a dream, and left you with reality.
>>
>>378183397

Normies calling for more graphics, more functions for their "Netflix and chill" memes and shit.

Notice how consoles became "entertainment" systems rather than straight up being "game consoles". That's why they have all those other services you'll never use, but a few thousand do, so they keep adding shit in hopes of squeezing out more money.
>>
>>378183397
my ps2 is slow and faulty af
>>
lol PS2
>buy console
>have to buy another accessory if you want to save your game
>>
>>378185002
Damn I'd actually legitimately forgot memory cards existed. What a dumb idea
>>
>>378185002
They were cheap though. Also allowed you to bring your save data over to a friend house which was nice.
>>
>>378185002
i miss them anyway
>>
>>378183397

>forgetting how bad PS2 loading screens were
>>
>>378185460
Because load times are so much better now right?
>>
>>378185754
Uhh.... Yes?
>>
I get angry when i see any xbox related thing.
I'm not even sure if they started this push for consoles to be more of a home entertainment thing but i blame them.
>>
File: 1491883893338.jpg (46KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
1491883893338.jpg
46KB, 720x451px
>>378183397
>set autoplay on
>set auto update on/set offline mode

there, I fix it for you you retarded faggot.
>>
File: 41UsenalYlL[1].jpg (17KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
41UsenalYlL[1].jpg
17KB, 500x400px
>>378185002
>lul
>>
>Turn on PS4
>It was on Rest Mode, so it turns on instantly
>Play my game right away because it was just on stand by
I don't know, OP, maybe you're just old.
>>
>>378185754
by a fucking mile you retard. I remember when that was the defense for the bad load times on launch day Bloodborne
>60 seconds was the average on the PS2!
>>
>>378186230
game you were already playing. not same thing op was saying

you also had to spend hours downloading, installing, and patching said game
>>
>>378186316
>had
Exactly. I had, once.

And not even all the games, just the ones that have huge files to install. I bought Akiba's Beat today and didn't install anything so I played it right away. The update patch was laughably small, and it wasn't even mandatory.
>>
File: 5743734788.png (405KB, 529x376px) Image search: [Google]
5743734788.png
405KB, 529x376px
>>378183397
I hope you are just some poor PC toaster poster and that you are not this stupid you don't understand how to set up your system to get an ever better set up then that. I mean with both the xbone and PS4 they have functions on turn off that just freeze the game in place so when you turn it back on you start exactly where you left off. No 'load game' load times or any other boot up shit. Just press power and your set seconds later.
>>
>>378186316
>you also had to spend hours downloading
The whole game digitally? Sure, but on disc like the PS2? A one time minute or less processes and considering how fucking long saving and loading games were on the PS2 that seems beyond a fair trade off.

>patching
How many games would take hours to patch? It's rare as fuck to see patches that big but there is a system setting that will just do it for you if it's in sleep mode and you'll never suffer it. Also compare that to the PS2 era where bugs, poor performance and other issues you were just stuck with or had to buy the greatest hits fix/patch of it.
>>
>>378184342
>all those other services you'll never use
kek, prob most people only use netflix/yt/twitch apps on their consoles since they don't even buy games anymore only furr chin retards thinks people play bloodbrainclotborn/uncharted 24/7
>>
>Turn on PS3
>Updates waiting to install
>Turn off PS3
>>
File: nes-classic-edition-front.png (35KB, 556x189px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition-front.png
35KB, 556x189px
>>378184342
>Notice how consoles became "entertainment" systems
you mean 1985?
Honestly you just sound more normie spouting some claim to wisdom on shit your child brain doesn't even understand on a surface level.
Game systems have always been pushing other features on their systems, otherwise most wouldn't have advertised their disc base game systems could play music CDs (25 years ago) , they wouldn't try portable cameras like the gameboy one(25 years ago) or videos like the GBA shit (15 years ago)
This shit is nothing new and for you to even think this is a new problem tells me either how underage you are or fucking stupid you are.
>>
File: 2729.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2729.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>378184342
>Notice how consoles became "entertainment" systems rather than straight up being "game consoles"
You mean a twenty year old or longer processes of getting a leg up on your rivals by having you system do multimedia than the competition did?
>>
Always after 8pm eastern this place gets fucking retarded. Is it just burnt out college kids? leaf posters? Stuck inside NEETs?
>>
>>378183397
No installs.
No updates.
No setups.
No missing elements posing as doc.
And of coarse full backwards compatibility.
>>
>>378185754
Your right.
"FIVE FUCKING MINUTE LOAD TIME, SNIPER ELITE"
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.