[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difficulty in video games is fun, prove me wrong. Sense of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: 1473269575662.jpg (217KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473269575662.jpg
217KB, 1280x800px
Difficulty in video games is fun, prove me wrong.

Sense of accomplishment is directly tied to the amount of work put into the accomplishment.

Examples:
Dark souls
Hotline miami
SMT
Metal gear solid V with quick time turned off
EVE online
>>
Does anyone even disagree on this
>>
File: download (24).jpg (10KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
download (24).jpg
10KB, 193x261px
>>378176953
>dark souls

this boss killed me now I have to walk all the way over to it again

>hotline miami

Oh no this guy shoot me through 6 million Windows

>smt

Pic related
>>
>>378177580
Le filfy casual
>>
>>378176953
>>378177580
>mgs5
>hard

fuck off

Post games with stalker misery-like difficulty or go to reddit
>>
>>378177685
Stalker is easy
>>
File: 1492829127374.gif (492KB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1492829127374.gif
492KB, 230x173px
>>378177580
I saw a comment earlier today where someone says difficulty in video games shouldn't exist, and video games are primarily story telling mediums (all with fotm anime reaction images)

>>378177656
>dark souls

Finally kill the boss and get a rush of euphoria and new loot to faun over

>hotline miami

Finally clear the level and get a rush of euphoria and new weapons to faun over. Go for a highscore later.

>smt

Finally kill the boss and move on to experience more of the story.

>>378177685
>misery
You're everything that is wrong with the stalker community.
>>
>>378177685
I'm talking about difficulty = fun, I never even played any MG game you massive turbonigger
>>
>>378177964
>with anime reaction images
It was a shitpost.
>>
File: fun.png (7KB, 495x365px) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
7KB, 495x365px
>>378176953

Winning a difficult game is more fun than winning an easy game, but winning in general is usually more fun than losing.

Otherwise, all games would be incredibly difficult. (Proof: Developers don't hate money.)
>>
>>378176953
>single player games hard
Fuck off or go play fighting games if you want to know what difficult is
>>
File: fun.png (6KB, 495x365px) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
6KB, 495x365px
>>378178321
>>
>>378176953
You're ignoring all the games that are so hard no sane person has ever completed them.
When you get older you'll realize not all accomplishments are equal. You'll never get back those 2 days you wasted completing the final stages of Meat Boy.
>>
File: 1445659967285.png (131KB, 218x342px) Image search: [Google]
1445659967285.png
131KB, 218x342px
>>378176953
>Sense of accomplishment
If video games are where you're looking for a 'sense of accomplishment' that's probably a big red flag that you need to rethink your life.
>>
>>378179224
Why do you play "video games"? Escapism? Is that why you play glorified visual novels?

>>378179079
>no sane person has ever completed them
Good, normalfags should be put off.
>>
>>378176953
Girls with less than a C cup aren't worth dating.

See, there's this thing called subjectivity where -as we are not robots- we all derive pleasure and enjoyment from different things, scales, and methods. If everything you liked was objective, your be the most boring person, in the world, along with the rest of the world.
>>
>>378180650
Games shouldn't be easy though.
>>
>>378178321
>
agreed, sometimes if its too hard you cant even really get the hang of anything since you simply cannot find what could actually work.

At that point you can only imagine that properly played means flawless, something that can be managed but not expected.
>>
File: hmmmmmm.jpg (47KB, 499x512px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmm.jpg
47KB, 499x512px
Is there any really hard game? Not babby tier like Dark Souls, something REALLY hard. Unbeatable hard.
>>
File: 1494113377599.png (6KB, 485x351px) Image search: [Google]
1494113377599.png
6KB, 485x351px
>>378180796
Remade his graph for you

>>378180928
There are games designed to be purposefully unbeatable. Dark souls is not baby tier for the average normalfag.

A game thats TRULY difficult, that I don't think can really be cheesed or anything, would be street fighter and NRS fighters at a high level.
>>
>>378177964
It makes the game more fun the higher you progress, the linger you play, the better you become, a sense of accomplishment is just something they define as an experince, it wont change anything in real life
>>
>>378181078
>street fighter and NRS fighters at a high level
What is so hard about them? Making the enemies have more HP and more damage is not what I had on my mind. More like these obscure Mario hacks, which take more than just grinding and spamming a button to beat.
>Dark souls is not baby tier for the average normalfag
Well, it's not like these games are challenging at all. Most enemies deal either obscure damage or have insane HP, but after a few tries you can usually do it, given you're not completely retarded
>>
>>378180928
Wizardry 4.
>>
>>378176953

I enjoy a bit of a challenge, but nowadays I don't feel like memorizing patterns and spend 2 hours retrying a boss until I get it right. I don't have too much free time, so Iwanna feel like I'm really having some sort of progress every time I play vidya.
>>
>>378181595
>what is so hard about them
NRS and streetfighter are hard not only because of the depth of their mechanics but the people you play against are usually unpredictable and provide a new challenge each time you play them. The game requires not only precise movements and control combinations (with mistakes in this causing your loss) but also memorization of chess like openings, movements, and combos. The pros even have to learn frames, and 1 frame links in other cases.

>dark souls is not hard
it's hard because it changes everything people know about games. it's one of the few games that is only possible to play through going slow as possible. Enemies are put in obscure positions, and players who dont know where they are will get buttfucked.

Enemies are readable, have attack cooldowns, and weak areas. Damage is entirely avoidable, you are never forced to take damage.

The average normalfag will blaze through the game do stupid shit, die, and then say HARDEST GAYME EVAR. HP and damage have nothing to contribute since you are comparable to most mobs in terms of health and damage.

Also, the map design is convoluted as fuck and without any sense of direction, the developers have put dozens of noobtraps and locales which arent possible.
>>
>>378181981
>>what is so hard about them
I guess that's true, but a lot of "e-sports" are hard at a high level. You could say the same about CSGO for example. Only grinding deathmatch for years will make you a half decent player

>>dark souls is not hard
Well, most of these points are easily countered by running through the level a few times. Once you die to a hidden trap or enemy you won't fall for it again.
>>
>>378182362
Those games are even hard at a begginers level, and grinding death match won't give you the magical communication skills required to play the game.

A team of people who cannot aim for shit, but can throw grenades and communicate will beat a team of people who can aim.
>>
>>378182482
Depends. Will 5 nading and talking DMGs beat 5 all aim no brain russian LEMs? Probably. But even the best coms won't help if the theres a big gap in mechanical skill. I doubt the Tier 3 pro teams have much worse coms then Astralis, but the skill is just not there.

Also, acquiring the ability to use your mic can be done in a second if you change your mindset, which every half-serious player will do, while a good aim must be trained for years
>>
>>378182881
I'm not just talking "using the mic and making call outs". If you've watched pro gameplay (which I assume you do) then you can see the crazy nade set ups they have, where the timing is perfect. Flash goes down, smoke goes down, entry goes in, awp peaks down, and then 3 people die in less than 10 seconds because they were synergized. Pub stompers couldn't handle this.
>>
>>378183027
I've studied and played cs for thousands of hours and I fully agree. But my point is that coordination can be easily acquired if the team is willing (which apparently is a big flaw of NA teams: lack of discipline) while aiming requires years of grinding.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.