[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading issue 290 of Game Informer >Top 100 RPGs of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3099.jpg (508KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3099.jpg
508KB, 2560x1600px
>reading issue 290 of Game Informer
>Top 100 RPGs of all time
>pic related is number 1
WHY? Why does EVERYONE like this piece of shit so much? They put this garbage above FFVI, P5, The Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Bloodborne. What the fuck? I'm honestly disgusted.
>>
>>378164749
Because it's easy for casuals to get into and the systems are simple to create your own character.
>>
>>378164846
That's just nauseating. Why does nobody understand that's not a GOOD RPG? Or even a good game?
>>
File: common-sage-web.jpg (110KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
common-sage-web.jpg
110KB, 1024x681px
thats nice
>>
>>378164749
shitrim is number one

a godddamn pile of buggy shit that was made to rip people off is number one fuck game informer i bet those stupid fucks put some of the bioware game sin the top ten when all of them are piles of fucking shit

fuck bethesda and fuck game informer those sjw cucks need to go asap
>>
>>378165215
What irks me the most about it is that a bunch of fucking retards are going to look at that and completely blow off better games because "LE EPIC SKYRIM IS TEH BEST xd"
>>
>>378164749
>caring about other people's opinions
Even if you're new that's still not an excuse. A hour of browsing the internet itself should teach you to stop caring dude.
>>
>>378165101
It's barely an RPG.
>>
>>378165215
can't sage with an image lad
>>
>>378165293
You're actually right. Trash Effect 2 is 4 (one spot above The Witcher 3) and KOTOR is #7.
>>
>>378165410
See >>378165330
It's going to teach all the little kiddies who subscribe to the mag that modern TES garbage is better than actual games with depth that you have to think about. As a well known publication they have a lot of influence on the people's opinions. People think that they're actually a reliable source when it comes to these things.
>>
>>378165837
Why do you care if people like shitty games? Hell, CoD is still somewhat popular.
>>
>>378165980
It's not good for the medium. Developers will obviously pay attention to what's successful and make more games like that. That's how trends and industry patterns are started.
>>
>>378166241
Well you're several years too late. Devs are already doing that. Just do what everyone else on this board is doing and wait for the next Video Game Crash.
>>
>>378166430
There have been some quality RPGs in recent years, most of which I've already mentioned, but most don't get the attention they deserve. It's just frustrating is all.
>>
>>378166890
Welcome to the Entertainment Industry, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>378164749
It's immersive and there's a lot to explore, a lot games have that too but skyrim does a good job on those traits as well.
You guys are snobs or prestigious about anything popular that casuals can into as well.

Though I agree that being 1 is absolutely ridiculous
>>
Im using this game to bait my nephew away from minecraft and roblox. Its a good stepping stone.
>>
>>378166890
cry more about if you pussy
>>
File: 423233.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
423233.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
>>378167081
>I'm going to get my nephew from playing memegames by giving him a meme game
Shiggy diggy anon.
>>
>>378167065
I'm not saying it shouldn't be on the list, because like you said I can see it being a good entry point for people who don't play a lot of RPGs. I'm just mad that it's above games that are objectively better, more immersive, and with more, cooler stuff to explore.
>>
>>378167442
Well I got the impression that you thought it didn't belong from the way you said things like
>Why does EVERYONE like this piece of shit so much?
>this piece of shit

But it I guess you feel a bit outraged.
>>
>>378164749
Maybe it's becasue you are a contrarian along with 90% of /v/.
>>
>>378169360
I thought Breath of the Wild deserved all the praise it got tho. Skyrim is just objectively not a great game.
>>
So my main issue with Skyrim is how brain dead the PC is. A Dunmer won't know about his own people, a Breton won't, a Nord won't. Your character is literally a fucking brain dead idiot who doesn't know anything. Why the fuck couldn't Bethesda have your character have some innate knowledge and to help the normies who don't know TES lore put tool tips?
>>
>>378164749
Literally none of the games you mentioned are actual rpgs
>>
Every RPg is bad. Every JRPG ios bad. The genre is devoid of value. the reason Skyrim is the best is because the RPG elements aren't really that important, it's about getting immersed and having fun. that's the reason why so many people have 300+ hours, even on the console versions without mods. Mods make the game even more enjoyable. You people are just mad that you've wasted your life browsing RPGCodex, thinking the worst genre in vidya actually means anything.
>>
Bloodbourne, Dark Souls and Witcher 3 aren't RPGs.
>>
>>378165101
i bet these people don't even really play games

bet you the guys that made this article if you checked their steam/game hours it would be

CS:GO, League, WoW Or Overwatch

and probably Fallout 4
>>
Codexfags BTFO
>>
Op should learn to discuss without resorting to sjw tactics . On /v/ your opinion is actually the norm so you going off like it's the end of the world as if mostly everyone here is not already agreeing with you, just stop over reacting like a college aged female sjw about what you don't like
>>
>>378164749
I really can't understand it I tried so hard to like Skyrim I really did I've played it modded unmodded and installed and uninstalled it a few times but I can never stick more than a few hours of it, the gameplay and everything about it is just so shallow
>>378165547
>KOTOR being a list of anything great
If KOTOR wasn't star wars people wouldn't have blinked an eye at that shit it was downright awful
>>
>>378165496
You can't sage period, it hasn't been a thing forever. That guy is a retard, the typical Skyrim audience.
>>
>>378173676
You can sage, it just doesnt show
>>
File: 1489328340860.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489328340860.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Watching some shit gaming channel on youtube talk about TES as a series
>Fairly accurate and objective discussion on the history of the franchise
>Get to the point where they're talking about Skyrim
>All the objectivity goes out the window and it goes into full subjective dick sucking as they try to make the game's over simplification into a positive attribute
>Blatant lies like 'the first time the series made a classless RPG system work', 'it has huge cities', and 'the streamlining really helped the game'

There's a case to be made for Morrowind and Oblivion having trade offs with their simplification of the games before them. Morrowind traded in the biggest TES map for one that wasn't randomly generated and had a more handcrafted feel. Oblivion traded in the art direction of Morrowind for a bigger area and the depth of the dialogue system for voice acting. Skyrim absolutely annihilated a ton of good features in the name of making itself easier for retards to play and gave us nothing in exchange save for some newer graphics and QoL changes that intensify the streamlining.

Are people just retarded or what?
>>
>>378164749

Those polls work the same way as elections. The focus isn't on what's best, but what's popular.

Skyrim was ENORMOUSLY popular - Not because of the game itself, but because of the modding community. Without the modding community slaving away for Free, Skyrim wouldn't have cracked the top 10.
>>
>>378164749
it really should be number one just because of the billions of hours that went into the modmaking
>>
File: excuse me.png (112KB, 637x658px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
112KB, 637x658px
>>
>>378174906
this
>>
>thinks Skyrim is not a good rpg
>yet lists jRPGs, Dark Souls and Bloodborne
k, family
>>
>>378171419
You're a [your picked race] that was border hopping into Skyrim from Cyrodiil. So basically whatever race you played, you are just a random Imperial citizen, integrated into Imperial culture, not a proud Nord, Dunmer or whatever
>>
>>378164749
>FFVI - Nostalgia
>P5 - Boring slog of a game with no real gameplay, style over substance, waifubait game
>The Witcher 3 - No arguments here, kills Skyrim
>Dark Souls - Great game, not an RPG
>Bloodborne - Great game, not an RPG
>>
>>378176503
But your character doesn't know anything about the Imperials either. The character knows absolutely nothing.
>>
>>378176747
I tried to explain it as best as I could, but actually, forget it. In every TES game you were pretty clueless about everything, because you, the PLAYER, doesn't necessarily have to know about lore or anything. Tool tips are boring, but asking about stuff from a character is more engaging, so that's way how many RPGs handle this sort of thing. Some games, like The Witcher, have an in game justification for this (Geralt is amnesiac at the start of TW1), others just use this mechanic to introduce players into the setting
>>
>>378164749
Because casuals have shit taste and don't know any better.
>>
>gameinformer
The quality of that magazine took a nosedive.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.