[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I play this? I tried over 20 times on beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: Wipeout_HD_Fury_cover.jpg (130KB, 300x376px) Image search: [Google]
Wipeout_HD_Fury_cover.jpg
130KB, 300x376px
How the fuck do I play this? I tried over 20 times on beginner with pilot assist or whatever on and the best I could get was 7th place ON THE FIRST RACE. I rarely bump into walls, but somehow the bots are always faster than me and I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>378161115
Git gud noob.
>>
>>378161115
First off, turn off Pilot Assist. It genuinely fucks up your play. Learn the game through your own input, it's infinitely better.

If you picked higher speeds, when you go airborne, press right-left-right or left-right-left quickly to do a mid-air barrel roll. You'll get free boost when you land, at the cost of some health.

Everything else, you'll have to learn on your own. It's really a skill-focused game that demands reflexes. But once you get the hang of it, boy you're gonna smile.
>>
>>378161115
TURN OFF PILOT ASSIST
that shit will screw with you in the worst places.

you get a small boost whenever you do a barrel roll, but you also lose some HP. Learn the tracks and where you can get enough elevation to get a quick roll in.
>>
>>378161115
Here, my man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzYkTralIA

Don't feel disheartened that you're not doing too well. WipEout comes from a time when games required skill. You'll get better at it eventually.
>>
File: 26L8bb463.png (52KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
26L8bb463.png
52KB, 240x240px
Pilot assist is a method to ensure bad people stay bad at the game - all it does is push you away from the walls when you get close which ensures it is 100% impossible to actually win anything when playing on rapier or phantom.

Also: breaking points are much earlier (and often later) than you'd think (fuck you sebenco climb).
>>
>>378162114
>Needing to break on Sebenco Climb
>>
>tfw tried to play again after a 8 years blank to get used to it again before omega collection and still managed to reach zone 92 on casual syncopia in 1 try (101 after another try)
But elite AI is destroying me again, need to re-learn the tracks

Skilled AI still too weak on the other hand.
>>
>>378162114
that's not all it does

it also reduces your top speed (kek)
>>
File: Pedal to the metal.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Pedal to the metal.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>378161115

You're lucky yo uare playing the patched version. The 1.0 release of wipeout HD had the time trials in the campaign only have a single time to beat (which is the current gold time) which meant very few people could actually beat it.

>>378162268

Sebenco reverse is easier to do without breaking but forwards the heavier ships really have to break to make it uphill.
>>
>>378162323
hope they didn't weaken the AI for the collection

the HD/Fury campaign had more lenient AI on Vita, but I assume that was to balance with the poorer controls plus 30fps -- hopefully it doesn't stick around when back to a controller
>>
>This shit at wipEout

Just end yourself, already.
>>
>>378162595
Fast wipeout races always look so sublime. Damn.
>>
>>378162323
WipEout is the only game I know you have to re-learn everytime you pick up.
>>
File: 904.gif (705KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
904.gif
705KB, 250x141px
>>378162929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCdJDNzfe0

This video made me buy the game on a whim. Still glad I did it.

>tfw jumped right into Phantom + Elite without even knowing how to play just to be as good as this guy
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-26_17-25-58.png (33KB, 807x136px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-26_17-25-58.png
33KB, 807x136px
>he doesn't have any WipEout platinums
whats you're excuse?

I'll accept bling brigade as a potential excuse.
>>
File: .jpg (38KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
38KB, 540x540px
>>378161115
>PSN >friend got platinum trophy like it was nothing
>>
File: Gotta go fast.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Gotta go fast.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>378162929

Jokes on you - that isn't wipeout.

>>378163136

Hellfire was one of the best wipeout HD players in the world and his videos are nothing short of amazing given wipeout HD has a reputation for being the msot difficult game in the series.
>>
so can you only get the van uber ship by preordering the digital edition or does it come with the physical copies?
>>
>>378164129
seem to be a bit of confusion, some stores in NA mention it as included for physical, but others don't

in EU it seem pretty clear it's digital-only
>>
>>378161115
>>378161115
Don't worry. Wipeout is a very hard game. You'll need a lot of practice to really start enjoying this game. Lots of practice.
>>
>tfw you thought you were bad at WipEout, but then OP came along
>>
>>378161115
greatest racing game of all time, I had so much fun in online
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.