[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't think of any other game that hurts me more then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

I can't think of any other game that hurts me more then TF2.

The game, the playerbase, overwatch forcing a wake up call, valve flopping around like retards after that wake up call.

It's even more depresing that people are trying to hang on to this sink
>>
It lasted ten fucking years dude
it's time to hang up the hat
>>
>t people are trying to hang on to this sinking ship

Accidentally submited
>>378153407
II'm glad it happend I'm just not happy with how it died.
>>
I take it this isnt a good time to get into tf2 then
>>
>>378153273
it was always babby shit for casuals

R6 Siege should have been a wake up call to make a better Counter Strike but they fumbled that too with fucking glove skins
>>
Tf2 was just a concept/idea with no plans for the future and as a result was making things up along the way. It wasn't intended for comp and it wasn't intended to last so long
>>
>>378154028
If you haven't played in YEARS, maybe, at least you can find servers with retards trying to play instead of retards not playing the game.

>>378154141
>These games are competing because they are the same genre with similar themes

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read all day.
>>
Been playing for 10 years almost and still find it fun.
>>
We need Team Fortress 3 in the Source 2 engine.
But every time I suggest it:
>muh wacky items
>muh furry Pyro headcannnon
>muh undeveloped meta
TF2 needs to die
>>
>>378154528
>These games are competing because they are the same genre with similar themes

that's literally how it works retard
>>
>>378154325
Is TF2 the Smash Bros. Melee of PC gaming?
>>
>>378155043
The best game in its series?
>>
>>378154631
Same. The community and UI have gone downhill, but holy shit the autists posting these threads are acting like it's unplayable just because they don't have quite as much fun with it any more.
>>
>>378155043
the game with the most autists?
>>
>>378154325
Seriously
The MannCo update was when they cast it off to sea, they've just been phoning in updates (with other people's work) since then
It hasn't been Valve's problem since like 2010
>>
>>378153273
Fuck valve. They've become the microsoft of gaming. They got their monopoly and the dough is rolling in. Dota 2 and cs go and steam keep the money flowing in but they are dying and those lazy fucks at valve don't know whats going to hit them.
>>
>>378154823
What about the fucking gameplay and scene, The fucking reason of why these games are popular.

People who play counter strike at a serious level don't want it to become more like R6S, and vice-versa.
>>
>>378154760
>muh undeveloped meta
Maybe the meta would be more developed if they DIDN'T FUCKING BAN EVERYTHING THAT CHANGES THE META
>>
>>378154631
I'd say TF2 is similar to wow in that it still has defenders that are so deep in the sunk cost fallacy that they'll play forever and think it's always fun but in it's prime it was way above what it is now.

Hats, more hats, non-hat cosmetics, the shitty uncreative items, the ,""""""ESPORTS"""""", the F2Pers As it is now everything feels really stale with pathetic attempts at trying to stay fresh, if that makes sense.
>>
>>378156457
I never indulged in that crap so whatever.
>>
>>378154760
>tfw TF2 will never be ported to Source 2
>even if there was enough demand and willing Valve programmers for it, toasterfags will still hold everyone back
>>
>>378153407
>hang up the hat
They won't, they'll just release more.
>>
File: 1495592543940.jpg (25KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
1495592543940.jpg
25KB, 400x337px
>>378156457
>Hats, more hats, non-hat cosmetics, the shitty uncreative items, the ,""""""ESPORTS""""""
None of this has to do with the actual game and the f2p crowd has been there for half a decade, too. There are some legitimate concerns with how Volvo has been handling tf2, like the questionable matchmaking system or the Bison nerf, but they haven't ruined the game either.
>>
>>378154760
>We need Team Fortress 3 in the Source 2 engine
Yeah, makes sense, even the comics are about how it all ends.

>muh wacky items
Upsetting the whales that bring the money would be pretty stupid, no more idiots with money to spend means less economy for the game.
But porting every item would be even dumber, and you couldn't make "A fresh start" so to say, that's why it's a topic.

>muh undeveloped meta
Said who? most comp players say the game is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE and starting from 0 would be easier.

>muh furry Pyro headcannnon
What.

I don't know where you go to hear some of these "reasons" to not make a tf3 unless you are making shit up to say "I'm morally better than every player in tf2"
>>
File: 1488234577857.jpg (11KB, 210x256px) Image search: [Google]
1488234577857.jpg
11KB, 210x256px
>>378156595
>toasterfags will still hold everyone back
Everytime I hear people talking about Source 2, they're expecting TF2 to have be much more optimized in regards to performance. Thus actually helping toasterfags. Was that just a meme?
>>
>>378157492
They mean REAL toasters, like, potato tier pcs that can't handle DX9. or faggots who play in DX8 to get 10 more fps
everyone else should be fine.
>>
File: How to kill an Engineer.webm (2MB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
How to kill an Engineer.webm
2MB, 640x400px
I tried Overwatch for a while, but I went back and had more fun playing TF2 again.
>>
>>378154631
Same.
>>
File: 1482268555887.jpg (35KB, 410x424px) Image search: [Google]
1482268555887.jpg
35KB, 410x424px
>>378154631
The only thing that made TF2 less fun for me is that my favorite community servers either way less active than they used to be, or completely dead. I still very much enjoy TF2, my go-to server is alive twice a week and I almost always attend whenever I can. but casual mode is just plain boring to me and I can't stand playing more than a couple of rounds on it at once.
>>
>>378156072
Or maybe they shouldn't have added all these weapons
>>
File: 1487273795935.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1487273795935.webm
1MB, 600x338px
You're all delusional. The game is still alive and well, albeit with a smaller playerbase. Maybe that's a good thing though. You've got people who genuinely enjoy the game and just want to have a good time. The kids are gone and you can witness real skill from years of practice put in.

The best Dustbowl server still has a 20 minute queue on Friday nights.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.