[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"anon, you have to play Persona 5" >"one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: maiqm.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maiqm.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>"anon, you have to play Persona 5"
>"one of the greatest RPGs of all time"
>"over 100 hours of gameplay"
>"great combat system"
>"elaborate puzzles"
>"intelligent writing"

I've never thrown out a game before, but I really couldn't justify selling it back to GameStop for some other poor dupe to buy. This is not an RPG. It's not an open-world. You have virtually no agency. It's a mediocre manga - instead of turning pages, you have to press a combination of buttons.

There are no challenging puzzles. If you get something wrong twice, one of your party members tells you how to solve it. The combat system is turn-based - if you're not playing Pokemon on a handheld console, this is inexcusable in 2017.

But worst of all, there is no role to play. You never make a meaningful decision, not even a cosmetic one like character build. The game has a trajectory you cannot stray from. Persona 5 is a comicbook simulator, not an RPG.

It looks like I'll be going back to Morrowind until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.
>>
>>378145742
Elder scrolls is a shit series with 0 gameplay that only nerd deviants enjoy
It's a fact
>>
>>378145742
>Goes into a jrpg
>"Wahhhh, it's not my open world shitty combat fantasy game"
What were you even fucking expecting? If you dislike those elements in a game, why buy it in the first place? It just sounds like it's not your type of game, and that's fine, but a thread like this is just going to piss off a bunch of people that genuinely like the game
>>
>>378145742
Persona is a 1000 times better than your bethesda and CDprojekt garbage. Enjoy your empty open world games with nothing to fucking do
>>
>>378145742
Lol levitate archer. What a pleb.
>>
>>378146419
Gothic 2 is a 1000 times better RPG than bethesda, CDProjekt and your weeb garbage
>>
You've been fooled by delusional weebshits manchilds who acually believe their interactive anime "game" is anything but a shitty dating sim with a ridiculous story and shitty setting, lame characters interactions and snoozfest gameplay.

Your fault for believing this weebshit board
>>
File: op.jpg (195KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
195KB, 1680x1050px
>>378146419
>empty open world games with nothing to fucking do
>anon fires up Persona 5
>25 hours of groupchat scrolling
>"Gained proficiency!"
>mandatory event with repetitive tall grass opponents
>"We did it guys, we advanced the plot!"
>25 hours of groupchat scrolling

Even if you enjoy this, how does it fall under the "game" medium, let alone the RPG? The only choice you have is whether to turn it off or keep staring at the same lousy artwork and reading the same stilted dialogue.

>pic related
>you
>>
File: 1481843004418.jpg (46KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1481843004418.jpg
46KB, 340x565px
>>378145742
>This JRPG isn't like a western open world RPG
Who'd have thought?
>>
>>378147624
>if I stick the word "Japanese" in front of RPG, "role-playing" and "game" no longer have the same meaning

If open-world isn't a bare minimum expectation for you, we have nothing to discuss.

>pic related
>you
>>
>>378145742
>That dialogue dump
>Those shitty character meshes
>That shitty texture usage
>That draw distance
Remind me again why people think Morrowind is such a great game for it's time.
>>
>>378145742
>Elder Scrolls fag complaining about gameplay

this fucking board...
>>
>>378147228
>H-hey, maybe if I make up flaws and exaggerate I'll be able to win the argument!
Fuck off. People enjoy the mix of story with time management, resource management and dungeoncrawling. Together they make a linear, story-based videogame.
>>
File: 1492486065408.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492486065408.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
>>378145742
>"intelligent writing"

No one says this.
>>
I feel like this entire thread is bait, but I can't shake the feeling that one of you faggots would actually think like this
>>
@378148387
There are so many things wrong with this post, not even worth a (You)
>>
File: 1495224227787.png (39KB, 296x389px) Image search: [Google]
1495224227787.png
39KB, 296x389px
>>378148387
Yeah, they don't have the same meaning. Honestly, they're 2 completely different genres, and Persona 5 isn't even open world. Why would you go into it expecting something like Morrowind? That's just nonsensical.
>>
>>378145742
>Turn based is inexcusable
Opinion fucking discarded
>>
>>378145742
>"elaborate puzzles"
>Persona 5

Literally no one has said this. You just made that up because you want to start another shitflinging contest. Fuck off.
>>
>>378149803
Pretty much. We're so deep into the ironic shitposting that I don't know either.
>>
>>378149803
I'm convinced that one autist (or maybe a handful of autists) gets bored and decides to "target" a certain game and try to shitpost it to death. Then he gets bored again, rinse and repeat. A lot of these threads have the same tone and style.
>>
>>378147228
Why do you talk about a game you didn't even play, you can't even make a decent strawman because you know nothing about it.
>>
>>378150267
Far Cry 5 comes to mind
>>
>>378150267
Yeah, it's always the same badly reasoned arguments too.
>>
>>378146078
>not being a nerd deviant
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: bmoon.jpg (26KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
bmoon.jpg
26KB, 540x405px
>>378148959
No game has ever been so radically different from its predecessors, especially in terms of what the medium is capable of. The freedom it gave players, the lore it built, the sheer size of the original landmass. It set a lot of benchmarks in a way that most of /v/'s favorites (Overwatch, Persona, NieR, etc.) never could.

The graphics were groundbreaking for its time, and are not so archaic that an otherwise good game should go unplayed (as in Fallout 2 or Planetscape: Torment). Though this is an especially bizarre critique to level if you enjoyed Persona 5. It's basically 2d cartooning. It could have been made 20 years ago.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.