[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just installed Morrowind for the first time since 2002. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Morrowind_1.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
I just installed Morrowind for the first time since 2002. I don't recall anything except annoying flying dinosaurs, the last boss and some wandering orc with a badass sword. Do you guys have any mod recommendations? Good builds? Just random tips?
>>
First, the Morrowind Code Patch:. Vanilla Morrowind has some real fuckups like the blind effect actually BOOSTING hit ratio, and a whole month missing from the in-game calendar.

Oblivion style spellcasting: The ready magic hotkey casts spells directly without needing to switch between weapon and magic mode.

Fair Magicka Regen (I think it was named like that): It adds Oblivion style Magicka regen in function of your willpower.

Graphic Herbalism: Activating a plant makes you visually harvest it and removes the harvested ingredients from the plant's model (sorta like in skyrim and oblivion), instead of taking you to an inventory like in vanilla MW.

At Home Alchemy: You can activate alchemy aparatuses in the world to select them, when you select a mortar and pestle the alchemy screen shows up, so you can have an alchemy lab in your home without having to carry it around. You can still pick them up if you are sneaking.
>>
>>378139169
Thanks bro! Can I find the best versions of these on Nexus?
>>
Magicka Based Skill Progression: Makes magic skills progress based on magicka spent instead of spells cast (Makes magic less grindy).

Sotha Sil Expanded: An amazing quest mod from Trainwiz based on expanding on the Clockwork City. It has lots of Michael Kirkbride stuff. Some things look very unpolished, but it's a really good mod. It has a sequel for Skyrim called Wheels of Lull. Very laggy in some areas.

Speed and Stamina: Makes Morrowind less sluggishly slow, running no longers costs stamina.

MGE: Allows you to add bloom, HDR, etc to morrowind, needed to run some mods.

Ownership Indicator: Turns the crosshair red whenever you are looking at something that's owned.

Third Person Crosshair: Adds a crosshair to third person.
>>
>>378139169
Not OP, but are there any movement patches? I don't mind the MISS combat, but before playing the first time I at least want to able to maneuver
>>
You can find SOME of those at Nexus. It's because Nexus is relatively a new site compared to Morrowind. The biggest mod repositories are Morrowing Modding History (It's a mod archive that has some mods that can't be found nowhere else), and Great House Fliggerty.
>>
>>378137527
Take 400 skooma and run off the highest mountain
>>
>>378140096
That's Speed and Stamina. There are three versions, Normal, Extra and Extreme. It allows you to run without a stamina cost, boosts stamina regen and makes you faster. The Normal version is the most balanced
>>
FUN FACT: You can Shift Click a spell to delete it, And double click on the minimap to create a map marker.
>>
openmw.org
>>
The mods mentioned so far are all you need. Don't sully it with graphics mods.
>>
If you have a pretty decent computer, there's a mod pack called Morrowind Overhaul that makes the game look really, really pretty.

It's not without issue but it can turn Morrowind into one of the most atmospheric experiences you'll ever play.
>>
>>378137527
Get one of the many anti cliff-racer mods if you value your sanity. I use cliff racer exterminator which removes them from leveled lists so only 8 remain in the game.
>>
>>378140972
Don't do this. It's an incoherent mess of gaudy "muh grafix" trash.
>>
>>378141071
Sorry, I enjoyed it.

It's not necessary in the slightest and does boil entirely down to taste, though. The vanilla game has its charm and is plenty playable today.

I would reccomend MGE, though, and fiddle with it until you get settings you like.
>>
File: 1459359798786.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1459359798786.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>378140490
>And double click on the minimap to create a map marker.
u fucking wot, mate
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.