[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know /v/, this game could have been very good. It features

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: rage.jpg (57KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
57KB, 460x215px
You know /v/, this game could have been very good. It features an asteroid impact rather than yet another nuclear war, but it was too short and the racing aspects were kinda meh. I don't see why a sequel shouldn't be made to expand on the story and setting.
>>
It was a fun game
>>
>>378137287
get rid of racing and open world
>>
>>378137986
I agree with get rid of racing, but keep it open world to a degree. Not full on sandbox, but it would be fun to explore the country or a large portion of it in a car seeing how the asteroid affected everyone.
>>
>>378137769
Yeah, it was pretty fun.
>>
File: 20170210154328_1.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170210154328_1.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
Youtube 240p video - The Game
>>
Vehicle combat using autoaim was a major blunder, it's a brainless task.
Races weren't that good because the car handling is boring.
RAGE looks great at a distance, but when you on in the corridors, everything looks like shit up close.
Also feels like the open world shit is just a meme, the game is an empty hub world with many corridors scattered around.
The side content is a joke, it's all missions that are all "go back to that last level you were at and kill everything inside".
The game is ridiculously short, too many things simply were not well done.
>>
>>378140993
They really dropped it when it came to content, but what was cool about rage rather than being another oh god why must humanity suck we killed the planet with nukes :((((( the asteroid was going to hit earth and there was nothing you could do to stop it.
>>
The co-op levels were really good, and I kinda liked the racing. The "open world" aspect of it was terrible. Honestly overall the game is a weird example of the individual parts being better than the whole.
>>
>>378141421
Agreed
>>
>>378137287

Other than the game having no idea what it wanted to be, it was fun. The shooting itself was a bit sterile (esp. for id standards), but the enemy reactions to being shot were top notch. All sorts of different contextual animation, such as tripping and limping if they get shot moving forward
>>
>>378137287
Pros
>Mini games are good for a minute or two
>Enemies are well designed and interesting
>Weapons are cool
>Self revive is nice
Cons
>No reason to be open world but still is
>Racing is terrible
>Ammo is overly scarce
>Story is underwhelming
>Ending is absolutely horrible
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.