[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished smt iv and I wanna do more demon fusing and spell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: burroughs__medium.png (46KB, 250x125px) Image search: [Google]
burroughs__medium.png
46KB, 250x125px
I just finished smt iv and I wanna do more demon fusing and spell slinging. Should I try finishing Persona 4? I stopped playing sometime after saving Kanji because I couldn't be bothered doing social links or watching silly anime antics like mystery food x. Like I'm not hating on VNs, I'm a huge Fatesfag but Persona 4 has really poor writing and characters. Also no cute girls.
>>
>>378127147
too bad for you because IV has the best fusing mechanics in the series, your only option is IVA
>>
>>378127147
Play SMT4:Apocalypse
>>
Why not play apocalypse
>>
>>378127147
Play a real Shin Megume Tensay game, bitch. Go for Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga.
>>
Why not Apocalypse? It's a more polished version of IV.
>>
File: 1475591267935.jpg (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475591267935.jpg
100KB, 600x600px
>>378127391
If by "more polished" you mean a few quality of life upgrades in exchange for:

>worse cast
>worse story
>worse difficulty curve
>worse music
>worse dungeons (fucking somehow)
>>
>>378127147
IVA
>>
>>378127391
It's not a "version" of IV, it's a direct sequel.
>>
>>378127263
>best fusing mechanics in the series
I've never liked not even respecting a single demon skill from the one you're supposed to be fusing.
>>
>>378127837
IV:A has a better curve than IV. Also the new OST is good and I prefer Apoc's normal battle theme to IV's normal Tokyo ones
>>
>>378127147
If you didn't like P4's characters, you're going to have a hard time getting through IVA. Play Nocturne or Raidou. DDS is also good, but it lacks fusing.
>>
you are always super special
>>
File: 1475454706983.png (176KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
1475454706983.png
176KB, 513x513px
>>378128198
>IV:A has a better curve than IV

Apolcaypse replaced IV's "hard as balls with a 90 degree drop off a cliff after Medusa" with just staying at the bottom of that cliff for literally the entire game.
I really would not call that better by any definition other than consistency.
>>
>>378127837
>>worse difficulty curve
>>worse music
>>worse dungeons (fucking someh
You have no idea what you're talking. Weak bait.
>>
>>378128815
>difficulty curve
See >>378128448

>music
Nothing in Apolcapyse touches IV's boss theme. I mean music is the most subjective thing on that list but really I don't think it's that controversial.

>dungeons
IV's dungeons might have been wow-literally-nothing, but Apocalypse fails so hard in trying to fix them that it's worse than nothing.
Wow, teleport mazes and arbitrary walls that require me to backtrack through the dungeon three times in order to walk down on hallway. Amazing.

IV's dungeons were bland but Apocalypse's are outright frustrating because instead of actually making any cool puzzles or mechanics for them, Atlus just threw in boring roadblocks.
The egg was nonsensically laid out and YHVH's universe was padded to all fuck by sheer size because otherwise it'd just be another boring teleport maze.
>>
>>378129104
Apocalypse doesn't have as much tracks as IV but what it has is pretty solid. Divine Powers, Vishnu and YHVH's themes are pretty tight
>>
>>378129104
OP here. Are any of the dungeons as bad as Purgatium? That dungeon made me motion sick with its suddenly appearing platforms and Windwaker HD levels of bloom.
>>
>>378129104
Your description of the dungeons fits Strange Journey too though which is renowned for having gpod dungeons.
I swear I have no fucking clue what the criteria by which SMTfags judge a game's quality is.
>>
File: yhvh's universe.gif (231KB, 740x3182px) Image search: [Google]
yhvh's universe.gif
231KB, 740x3182px
>>378129484
Worse. Here's a map of the final dungeon.

All of this has the exact same music track and the exact same visuals, giant, shiny, colored blocks that you run around on with space in the background.
And believe me, every single one of those platforms you see on the map is WAY bigger than you think it is.

You can be running forward for 30 straight seconds and hit a dead end that has literally nothing in it for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>378127263
>Best mechanics
>You can't just single out two demons and throw them together in the cathedral
That part was fucking annoying.
>>
>>378129685
I hated a lot of the dungeons in Strange Journey. The ones that rely on teleports were absolutely awful and I don't defend them in the slightest.
But plenty of them were good, I remember the dimension-switching ability you get a ways into the game that not only that dungeon uses, but some of the previous dungeons are retrofitted to it.
SMT has a dungeon issue in general, even Nocturne's dungeons are almost always just straightforward labyrinths, you just walk to the end. Amala was GOAT though.

The combat and atmosphere have always been what hold the games up.
>>
>>378127837
>Worse dungeons
That's impressive. SMT IV dungeons are incredibly forgettable.
>>
Devil Survivor Overclocked has great fusion and huge tits if you don't mind SRPGs
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.