[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some SRPGs /v/? Been playing Disgaea 2 and Final Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
What are some SRPGs /v/? Been playing Disgaea 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and kinda feel theyre about as good as it gets
>>
why not tactics ogre then
>>
>>378107375
I guess you like them because you like the freedom of being able to make your own fun, since they don't force you to strategize to overcome deliberately designed challenges? I don't like that sort of SRPG; I prefer games that present specific obstacles that can be overcome with a few tools available to the player.

You might like Fire Emblem Awakening, which is my least favourite in the series.
>>
>>378108036
Pretty much this. The Disgaea games and FFTA aren't very good srpgs. Not sure how much experience you have with the genre OP, but if you've played a decent number of srpgs and consider those as good as it gets, then I'd suggest nuEmblem too. Along with Stella Glow, other Nippon Ichi srpgs (Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave), Joan d'Arc, Rhapsody, the Summon Night series, the Luminous Arc series.

Otherwise if you haven't played them yet, the obligatory big 3 are Front Mission, Shining Force and Langrisser.
>>
>>378108036
Yuck, FE barely counts as an SRPG, nuFE is basically your generic JRPG at this point, especially now that the focus is supports above all else.
OP, play Phantom Brave, Front Mission and especially Soul Nomad. Give Gungnir a try too if you want something really obscure.
I liked Pokemon Conquest.
>>
>>378111528
Gungnir counts as really obscure?
>>
>>378112081
Have other people played it? I haven't seen a single person on /v/ mention it, the main girl has maybe 4 pieces of fanart total, and the only Dept. Heaven game I hear about is Riviera. I honestly feel like I'm the only person who's touched that game.
>>
>>378107375
Shining force 3 is really good if you can get your hand on the 3 senarios and understand Japanese.
>>
Devil survivor
Tactis ogre
Most FEs
XCOM to a certain extent
Invisible Inc. for statless growths
Valkyre chronicles kinda

Absolutely avoid anything made by the creators of luminous arc and stella glow.
Jeanne d'arc is pretty boring too.

Play knights in the nightmare if you want to try something different. Be warned: you might get somewhat confused by literally everything.
>>
>>378112297
I've seen it mentioned from time to time. Granted, less than Riviera and also Knights in the Nightmare (which actually has pretty good niche popularity around here). Yggdra Union probably gets mentioned the least. I wouldn't really call any of them obscure though. It is a series that made it west and has a decent cult fanbase.
>>
>>378112352
Or if you have an actual Saturn and just play them patched into English.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.