[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That fact that he isn't big boss is the most retarded thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 196-0-1447296417.png (425KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
196-0-1447296417.png
425KB, 630x630px
That fact that he isn't big boss is the most retarded thing i can remember in gaming
>>
File: 14676904116995.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
14676904116995.gif
1MB, 245x184px
>meanwhile I'm ok with a vampire, a ghost, a possessed arm and every nosense bullishit kojimhack have done in the past
>>
>>378104161
>Possessed arm
Confirmed info drone who never played mgs4
>>
>>378104606
>>378104161

>Big Boss later revealed to Solid Snake that Liquid's "possession" of Ocelot was a planned ruse in order to fool the Patriots as means of lowering The Patriots' guard. Big Boss elaborated that Ocelot was able to use hypnosis and psychotherapy, drugs, and nanomachines to transplant Liquid's personality onto himself. Ocelot had removed the transplanted arm of Liquid because the so-called "possessions" during the Manhattan Incident had caused an imbalance to his psyche. In addition, the DNA data that he stole to access and hijack the SOP system was actually Solidus's DNA, as Solidus and Big Boss shared exactly the same DNA due to the former being the perfect clone.

>By adopting the persona of Liquid onto his own, Ocelot was able to conduct the full scope of his plans while putting The Patriots into a false sense of security. Big Boss revealed that The Patriots assumed that Liquid Ocelot posed little threat to them, due to having dealt with Liquid Snake before during the Shadow Moses Incident. As such, they underestimated Ocelot and adopted a logic of repetition.
>>
>>378103913
That's the least of MGS5s problems.
I was actually okay with that.
>>
>>378104606
Self hypnosis is even dumber.
>>
>>378103913
He is actually Big Boss though. BB created a fake persona out of guilt for the soldier in the helicopter who protected him from death. In his mind, not only did the soldier not die, he went on to share the legacy of the greatest mercenary of all time. He built an army greater than even BB did, and got revenge for MSF.

But in reality, it was all just something BB created in his head. Just like Paz. In fact, the Paz stuff is in the game to show you that BB makes up personas in his head out of guilt.

The biggest clue is The Man Who Sold the World. It's a song about a man who comes face to face with a doppleganger he believes exists, only to realize that they're the same person just a split personality.

Big Boss is also Skullface.
>>
>>378105621
Nope. Venom was just some avg nugger. Real BB was hiding like a little bitch.
>>
>>378104606
Pissed me off they stopped using Cam Clarke's voice for pseudo Liquid
>>
>>378105529
>not giving a credit to the man who made merely pretending into an art form
>>
>>378105621
I hear the BB is Skull face thing more often but never really got it. Can you explain?
>>
You didn't get it.
>>
>>378107296
I can't remember which trailer it is, but one of the trailers shows a clip from MGS3 with Big Boss wearing the skull face paint. There's the "From FOX two phantoms were born" line. If Venom is one phantom, who is the other? There's also some small shit, like there being Diamond Dogs supplies inside the XOF base.

I think Skull Face being fake, similar to Paz, was an idea at one point, but was ultimately cut. There was that rumor floating around before the game was released that one of the themes dealt with would be mental illness, and Big Boss coming up with these alternate personalities to deal with the sins he was committing would have fit that bill nicely, going along with him hallucinating Paz because he hadn't come to terms with her death.
>>
File: 1414347384170.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1414347384170.gif
1MB, 320x240px
That fact that every episode starts with episode nuember/ list of involved into this episode
>>
>>378107296
Sure.

The only time that Skullface interacts with anyone outside of tapes is either with Snake, or the shot where he gets killed. Every time he talks to Snake, Snake doesn't talk back to him. In OKB Zero, there are Diamond Dog logos. People on the base talk about how they think Snake was responsible for the attack on motherbase 9 years ago. The Trailer has Naked Snake morph into Big Boss morph into Venom and then morph into Skullface, showing they are all the same person.

In the scene where Skullface gets killed, that entire scene is dubious. First of all, Skullface is shown escaping and driving away from Sahelanthropus before his supposed death. Secondly, the last words he says are different than what Miller says they are back at base. Third of all, the part where Miller and Snake are shooting Skullface and literally morphing into their old selves is unrealistic and unfitting to the rest of the game; it obviously didn't happen. Then, when Snake gets back to motherbase, he sees Skullface there, showing that he's imagining him.

Finally, Big Boss and Skullface ultimately have the same exact goal; complete control over all the world nuclear weapons. Big Boss succeeds in Metal Gear 2.

And if you have any doubts that this is something that Big Boss would do, don't forget the very first game he's in (MG1) he plays a dual role of your commanding officer and the enemy commander, betraying both Foxhound and Outerheaven in one way or the other.
>>
>>378108146
>>378108404
That too. Plus there are things like Chico and Paz both being terrified of Snake when they see him(because they know he's Skullface and what he did to them). Big Boss also wanted to kill Zero, which he did. Skullface was involved with Snake Eater because he is Snake. Etc all the information is there. The contradictory stuff is lies and disinformation. The Truth ending and mission 46 is the easiest to disprove. None of it matches up with how things went at the beginning of the game, but that stuff is well known.
>>
when does the story in this game actually start, everyone talks about some in depth plot with all these fan theories and explanations in MGSV threads, I'm 15 or so main story missions in and its all just been pretty generic run of the mill side-ops style missions where you rescue a random guy.
>>
>>378103913
But Anon, he IS Big Boss.
Big Boss is a title shared by Naked and Venom.
>>
>>378108771

There's barely any plot, and what plot there is pretty weak. If you've watched all the trailers you've seen 80% of the cutscenes. Much of the discussion and theories about MGSV are due to it being a disappointment and people trying to attach some "genius" analysis to a barebones plot in an unfinished game.

Anyone who's ever claimed Kojima was trying to give us a phantom pain by having great trailers and a weak game needs to be shot
>>
>>378109129
And I think anyone who says the trailers were better than the game needs to be shot.
>>
>>378109195

Pistols at dawn it is, you fucking pleb
>>
>>378109129
If you've watched all the trailers you've actually seen 110% of the cutscenes, since they have more in them than the final game does. I find it primarily unforgivable that Shiggydiggylanthropus is stolen and, purely in-game, NOTHING happens about it. The story aspect is completely unfinished, the game aspect is about 70% finished. Ridiculous release state, primarily due to dicking around with making the FOX engine for umpteen trillion years.
>>
What the fuck with metal gear story man. Can't wrap my head around it. Too many codenames and details. Can someone sum it, metal gear 4 retards pls.
>>
>>378104161
>a possessed arm

was merely an act
>>
>>378104606
that's the worst part of MGS4
completely ruins the final boss fight and the Snake vs Liquid struggle in MGS2
>>
>>378109392
>man exists
>very good soldier
>does stuff
>gets cloned
>says 'wtf no' and starts first PMC instead
>illuminati hates him
>gets killed
>gets killed a second time
>clones are also good soldiers
>one is good one is bad the other is el presidente because it sounded cool as a line at the end of MGS
>the clones argue about who's the best clone and the illuminati
>best clone wins, blows up illuminati
>the end
>>
>>378104161
They were all in games that felt like Metal Gear, so it was goofy but took itself seriously enough to make you care.
MGSV had a weird grimdark realistic tone that made the goofy stuff feel very out of place.
>>
I didn't care about the replacing david hayter with some hollywood actor fiaso until I actually started playing the game recently. It doesn't feel like MGS game at all, where's all the interesting dialogue between Snake and all the characters? CUT because Kojima wanted to cosplay as a hollywood filmmaker and Kiefer would take too much money to voice as much dialogue as Hayter does. It feels like playing singleplay Ghost Recon Wildlands, not MGS.
>>
>>378104606
>Liquid's Japanese VA dies
>glorious nippon honor dictates they rewrite the entire character instead of recasting him
>every other country's localization is consequently fucked because all their Liquid VAs are still alive and available
>have to write yourself into a corner to accommodate silly chink rituals

Bravo Kojima!

Liquid living on through his arm was a fun twist that supplied that much needed trademark MGS goofiness. Retconning it to something somehow more retarded but less silly was just one of the many terrible ideas that constituted MGS4.
>>
>>378109392
>a dudebro named Big Boss (best soldier in the world) saves the world
>Starts a Illuminati Group with his other dudebros
>His best dudebro, Zero betrays him and clones him into 3 dudebros (Solid, Liquid, Solidus)

>Big Boss gets pissed and starts his own country composed of a fucking army, and declares war on everyone

>Solid Snake (the good clone with big boss' recessive genes) deals with him
>Solid Snake gets PTSD
>Solid Snake later takes out some dudebros at Shadow Moses island who want to revive Big Boss' "fuck everybody" philosophy lead by Liquid Snake (the other clone with big boss' dominant genes)

>Solid Snake becomes a fucking philosopher and visionary, teams up with a guy/scientist/likesjapaneseanimes he rescued from Liquid's army.

>Raiden, a gay ass actually NORMAL non cloned person, needs to infiltrate a scenario suspiciously similiar to Shadow Moses to stop Solidus Snake (a perfect clone of BB)
>Turns out to be an Illuminati conspiracy
>Raiden gets mind raped and heavy PTSD

>Solid Snake is old cuz hes a clone and shit, depressed af
>Raiden is a cyborg, depressed af
>Everybody is depressed af
>They destroy the illuminati for good
>>
>>378103913
Don't worry, E3 will explain everything.
>>
>>378109885
I don't know where people get the idea that the whole thing is a retcon. You can easily make the connection.
Liquid arm = actual possession
Cyborg arm = merely pretending
>>
>>378110398
Hello caramel
>>
>>378109392
The Basic Gestalt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
>>
>>378111406
Fuck I love this video so much.

Also, I want to make a video about the Phantom Pain with this song. NIИ is pretty edgy, but I think the lyrics are completely relevant to what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrf4ZzzrA8

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks
Would you find yourself, find yourself afraid to see?"
>>
File: fropmhge.jpg (341KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fropmhge.jpg
341KB, 1280x1024px
>I'm commander Shepard, and you are too.

The whole plot would've worked better in Mass effect desu

Renegade "Venom" Shepard isn't a zombie, but rather a bodydouble.
>>
>>378108771
>he fell for the MGSV meme
You get one cutscene every five or six missions.
>>
>>378103913
remember the head transplant...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
This scene made me cringe so fucking hard.
>>
>>378104606
You wanna know my headcanon?

In MGS2, Liquid really DID possess Ocelot through the arm. Hence the Cam Clarke voice, and the arm getting so buff it bursts through Ocelot's sleeves.

This is then explained in MGS3, with Ocelot being the son of the Sorrow, a spirit medium. Ocelot inherited his father's powers, and this is how was able to be possessed by Liquid.

Then, inbetween MGS2 and MGS4, Ocelot got tired of the random possessions by dick ass Liquid so he got the arm removed and replaced with an advanced prosthetic.

He then used the Liquid possessions to his advantage, since the Patriots knew he was possessed by Liquid. With this, Ocelot made up the plan to fake future possessions with self-hypnosis.
>>
>>378109885
It was Ocelot's Jap VA who died. In Japan they did the merely pretending shit even though it was Liquids voice.

The chink ritual you're talking about is real but Kojima actually subverted it with MGS4.
>>
>>378114342

That scene made me so fucking hard
>>
>>378104906
jesus
>>
File: MGS4-Old-Snake-Beast.jpg (87KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4-Old-Snake-Beast.jpg
87KB, 800x450px
>In MGS4, the japanese VA for Big Boss was the actual father of Solid Snakes VA.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.