[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your reaction when someone uses the word "tryhard"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1493967928406.jpg (34KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1493967928406.jpg
34KB, 640x637px
what's your reaction when someone uses the word "tryhard"?
i struggle to see how people can say it unironically, especially in a game that's competitive in any way at all. is it cool to straight up not trying to win at all nowadays?
>>
tryhard it's just a game dude
>>
Calling someone a tryhard is equivalent to admitting you suck at video games.
>>
It's used to criticize people for taking a game too seriously - the idea is that they either spend too much effort on the pursuit in the first place ("no life", etc.), are more concerned with winning the game than appreciating it as a holistic work, if at all, or they're manchildren who REEE when they lose.

Only the third is a valid criticism of a "tryhard" imo
>>
File: 1495659345547.jpg (60KB, 761x496px) Image search: [Google]
1495659345547.jpg
60KB, 761x496px
to me it's meant for "those guys". the ones that flip out over a minor mistake that is easy to recover from and think they're a god
underage that watch streamers have the same scrub mentality as fgc scrubs though. they think gimmicky situational strats are the peak of skill and taint the word beyond saving
>>
A tryhard is a person who is more obsessed with being the best than enjoying the game they're playing.

The kind of person who would pick Bayonetta to main in Smash 4 (out of knowledge that she's op), but couldn't tell you the first thing about the series
>>
U mad???
>>
>>378098704
>ggez ;)
>>
I think it's for people who abuse meta game mechanics like 3 medics on tf2
>>
File: 1495578370595.jpg (237KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
1495578370595.jpg
237KB, 598x792px
>do dumb play/play with low chance to work
>lose/die

you now have two options. accept you gambled too hard or did a bad play, or put the blame on someone else. if it's a team game it might be tempting to blame the team for not following up, or you can do what is also the typical thing in 1v1 games - blame the opponent(s) for something
a lot of people refuse to realize they fucked up and stay bad forever. those are the people that say tryhard.
it's the same as the more direct "nerd virgin" or "at least i have a life :)", blaming their higher skill or better play in that one encounter on problems elsewhere in their life
basically pic related
>>
the most defining aspect of a shitter is their refusal to accept they're shit
>>
>>378098704
Oh he´s salty.OK then, next game
>>
>>378100263
>kill dude
>he calls you noob
>>
tell them to try harder so it's more fun for both of us
>>
I immediately write off everything they've said.
By implying that "trying hard" in a competition is a bad thing, they're outing themselves as a retard.
>>
>>378099330
why can't people get enjoyment out of being the best?
>>
File: R6_GSG9_Jager_4k_001.jpg (21KB, 278x500px) Image search: [Google]
R6_GSG9_Jager_4k_001.jpg
21KB, 278x500px
>>378098704
No, being a tryhard is completely different than simply trying to win.

For example in Siege, if you're level 100 and gold picking this faggot then you're a tryhard. Just going above and beyond to wank out as many kills as possible.
>>
>>378106017
>getting as many kills as possible
>in game where eliminating the other team is one win condition
>can give you a numerical advantage too
>picking a guy good at doing so is bad

textbook scrub mentality
don't play competitive modes until you leave that mentality in the trash can where it belongs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.