[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i the only one having a hard time with this game? I do sidequests,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (13KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 266x189px
Am i the only one having a hard time with this game?

I do sidequests, use buffs/debuffs, keep a tank and a healer in my party, do level grinding etc., but i still get my ass handed to me in every boss fight

Of all the JRPGs I've ever played(FF, DQ, SMT, Tales of, and so on), this one is stomping my ass the hardest.
>>
Never fight any unique or boss enemies even if you're at the same level as them because despite their level, their stats are way more than that. Only fight them when you're a few level or more above them.
>>
>>378093520
I'm level 50 at the fight against Mumkhar
>>
are you taking advantage og knocking them over

>pink
>green
>yellow

in that order. And keep track of certain attacks uses. Some of shulks attacks work best if you hit the enemies side or their back. Don't just hack away, have a strategy, know what your characters are doing. You can change the attacks they are using as well. Maybe try rereading the menus if you're stuck.

The game was actually pretty easy. The only thing that made it suck was the side quests.
>>
>>378093363
Melia is really powerful once you get to know how to use her well. Spear kick and then starlight kick is virtually guranteed to topple an enemy. Also this >>378094079
>>
>>378093363
I'm a shitter and this game kicked my ass but I fought through because it's so damn good. It's worth the effort. First time metal face spoke to me I was hooked.

Best rpg of the decade.
>>
>>378094170
But you have to play her, AI will flounder around uselessly.

Stack some lightning damage gems on her and rain elemental death.

>>378093363
You don't necessarily need a dedicated tank or a healer. Dunban can dodgetank and Riki is also more healing than you usually need. Sometimes, Shulk is enough.
>>
Thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I'll git gud now
>>
>>378093363
>Using Sharla
S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>378095861
Before you dismiss this guy as a useless memer, listen to me elaborate.

Sharla has so little synergy with the others that her only niche is to help the party brute force through something by sheer attrition. The truth is, once you get a party going with constant linking, you can chain topple something endlessly and for 10x the damage. Certain characters will help a lot with this but I won't spoil.
>>
>>378093363
>having problems
>with Xenoblade
What's your party setup
>>
>>378093363

If by tank and healer you mean reyn and sharla, stop that. Either swap dunban for reyn or ditch sharla for seriously almost anyone else. You recover out of combat super fast anyway so in battle healing isn't generally that useful compared to simply putting the enemy out of its misery faster.

Also, make sure you are using gems in your equipment, and be sure to asign cross skills and shit through character affinity. You can swap passive skills between characters and it helps a ton.
>>
>>378093363
Pro-Tip: Don't always use Shulk, he's useless in some fights for story related reasons

Also if you want to cheese through every boss fight, get at least 6 levels above it, it will start missing most of the time
>>
I'm probably the only one here that beat this game without making any real use of the gem system and barely swapping out Reyn and Sharla
>>
>>378095861
My main party was shulk, dunban and sharla. You can beat the game with her
>>
>>378096202
Was using Shulk, Reyn, and Dunban. Gonna change that after seeing the replies to this thread though
>>
>>378095120
I dumped shulk from my party for a majority of the game to use her, personally.
>>
>>378096536
I had to swap reyn for dunban in the tank dept. FOr sidequest and hangin around i just used whatever character i felt like use at the moment. I remeber a pretyy nice combo with melia and riki
>>
>>378096715
There is nothing wrong with Shulk, Reyn, and Dunban. It's a good setup.
>>
>>378093632
Lol good luck, he's retardedly op
>>
>>378093363
the combat system for this game is truly awful
>>
>>378094341
Had a similar problem with XCX, i never finished it because of the massive difficulty spike on the last mission
>>
>>378097793
It's completely fine.
>>
>>378098013
Leveling up doesn't mean shit in XCX becomes once you hit the level cap (60), it starts taking a Monster Hunter approach outside of the main story. Once you have a deep understanding about how augments and overdrive works in this game, you'll find that those bosses in the last chapter are complete pushovers, the Vita could be solo'd easily,
>>
>>378098851
The problem i had was the horde of enemies directly after the vita, i couldn't beat it normally and i couldn't find any AOE attacks for my skell
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.