[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the best character, and why is it Roadhog? Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4503.jpg (81KB, 710x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4503.jpg
81KB, 710x399px
Who's the best character, and why is it Roadhog?
Please refrain from posting unless you are serious
>>
>>378075463
I like mercy.
>>
File: T10Q3oK.jpg (172KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
T10Q3oK.jpg
172KB, 1200x675px
>>378075463
Junkrat. He needs a buff tho. He gets played really not that often at all at the pro level which is where they balance they should balance the game primarily for anyways.

I'd recommend a second trap as a buff honestly. It might trigger all the babbies below plat because they can't aim but he seriously needs a buff.
>>
>>378075463
Started really getting better at Zen and hopefully tonight I'll hit diamond. Unfortunately diamonds seem to mostly be intolerable fucks.

My favorites are Zen and Zarya. Rarely lose when I play Mercy but she bores me now. Used to be a Lúcio main.
>>
>>378075778
don't worry at pro-meta babies. Junkrat is a roulete wheel. Sometimes you make it, sometimes you bust, which doesn't do well with "muh consistancy" fags. He doesn't need a buff real bad. A second trap would be nice, but as he is, he's balanced.
>>
>>378075778
He does, thats true. Not good in 1v1 imo tho
>>
>>378075973
>Wanting to consistently get kills is bad
Wow
>>
>>378075463
I adore playing Zen. He was the second-ever character I played in my second half of a match on Volskaya (first was Mercy).

He's a decent healer, but he also damage boost selectively from long-range for the whole team, and deal a huge amount of damage simultaneously. Especially to tanks with whopping craniums.

Plus he's chill as fuck. Getting his Nutcracker skin at Christmas only made me like him more.
>>
>>378075826
>Unfortunately diamonds seem to mostly be intolerable fucks.
Not really. If anything, plat is untollerable. Everyone's had a torb on attack, but only people in diamond really know how it feels to have a widow carry a game. Usually at diamond they just let you run whatever, want 2-2-2, but aren't stickler for choices.

Mercy is pretty fun when your team is positioned well. No better feeling in the world then having a well positioned team on Numbanii on defense.
>>
>>378075778
Honestly his trap is an issue because you aren't typically looking at the floor, especially during a fight, and sometimes it clips through whatever texture it's sitting on so just a tiny row of spikes shows. Not obvious.

It's okay when the match is going slow and you can think about where he is going to put it, but if he chucks it randomly in the middle of a fight and it catches you, you can easily be boned especially if you're a mobile character.
>>
>>378075973
The thing is he's actually not. Balance needs to be aimed around the competitive scene. You need to look at who is consistently getting played the most and who is getting consistently played the least.

Junkrat is one of the characters played the least. He DEFINITELY needs a buff because nerfing the other characters to make him more viable at that level would ruin the game.

The other two characters who need a buff are Sombra and Torbjorn. They're played the least aswell currently.

Lúcio
Reinhardt
Tracer
Soldier: 76
Genji

Are currently at the top of the MLG meta.
>>
File: 1400259846997.jpg (21KB, 485x325px)
1400259846997.jpg
21KB, 485x325px
>>378076464
>No better feeling in the world then having a well positioned team on Numbanii

Wish I knew that feeling. Who else
>/EntireTeamStoodBehindOrisaInTheCorridorChoke/ here?
>>
File: mhZaU2c.gif (685KB, 409x230px)
mhZaU2c.gif
685KB, 409x230px
>>378076640
You're not wrong. Here's the list of the current tiers for April at the highest levels if anyone is wondering.

Tier 1
Lúcio
Reinhardt
Tracer
Soldier: 76
Genji

Tier 2
Ana
McCree
Winston
Pharah
Zarya

Tier 3
D.Va
Zenyatta
Roadhog
Bastion
Mercy

Tier 4
Mei
Widowmaker
Hanzo
Reaper
Symmetra
Orisa

Tier 5
Sombra
Torbjörn
Junkrat

Blizzard is a shit dev tho so I doubt they'll release any fixes for those characters anytime soon.
>>
File: 1478453852035.gif (2MB, 400x274px)
1478453852035.gif
2MB, 400x274px
>>378076640
Don't you think it's just because of the way he functions on a basic level? If both a Soldier and a Junkrat are stood looking at a hurt hero on 50HP, I know who is going to secure the kill (more consistently and more quickly).

Defense heroes are simply all around the least played characters in GM and above. They're usually too specific in purpose and too easy to shut down.
>>
>>378076273
I'm not shitting on consistency other than it's boring as fuck. You wanna win games, sure do that, but I don't play to make some imaginary number go up, and junkrat usually gets shit on, because he doesn't promise that. I play to make games. I wanna feel amazing after getting a team kill/another fucking random lucio/mercy kill, destroy reins shield and fuck over his team, 600-0 a roadhog.

>>378076640
>>378076891
Junkrat is fine how he is, it's just that the meta doesn't promise him much so not many people put their money on junkrat. That's the type of character he is and he doesn't get chosen much over typical solo carry characters.

That's just the nature of the scene
>>
Tanks and supports are the best characters in the game and Blizzard is afraid to do anything about them because they got a casual fanbase to appease to who love them.

They're over-statted and are too effective for how easy they are to play. All of the onus is on the offense/defense hero to outplay them in a significant way and while it makes sense that many of the dps-oriented heroes are harder to play, their stats are just not in the same ballpark as tanks and supports.

It makes zero fucking sense that a tank can just facetank a dps hero and kill them outright 1v1. A tank should be able to sit there, block loads of damage and be a huge distraction, but they shouldn't be stronger than dps heroes. It's why the game is such a fucking mess. It's been a BAD game since launch and Blizzard has only made it worse with each patch.

tl:dr: Overwatch is not going to be a good game until the meta is "4 dps, 1 tank, 1 support"
>>
>>378075463
The gameplay of genji is pretty good and nervous
>>
>>378077247
>game was best after launch, because no one knew how to play
I agree
>>
>>378077247
If your meta involves 4 DPS, then the DPS will be weak as fuck individually, or the tank/support will be quickly melted and it'll turn into an Attack cluster-fuck. Surely.

Otherwise you just inadvertently break the tanks and supports. I think you've misunderstood how the damage of the tanks is balanced, anyway, since they have to be quite close to you to be effective. They serve as a meaty distraction by getting in your face or shielding up the team (apart from Orisa, but she isn't a good hero).

A 1 support meta would also facilitate lower damage across the board. Even with a very effective healer like Ana or Mercy it's still tough to keep an eye on everyone *solo* and have DPS topped off.
>>
the only game mode that might actually be fun competitively is new 3v3 lockout since the maps aren't chokepoint pieces of shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.