[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets reflect on why diablo 3 is terrible. 1. First off, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: risen.jpg (9KB, 100x211px) Image search: [Google]
risen.jpg
9KB, 100x211px
lets reflect on why diablo 3 is terrible.

1. First off, this has to be the shittiest first act ever in a diablo game. You spend the entire time killing groaning targets. They do not fight back. It takes like you standing still, next to them, for like 4 seconds for them to hit you. So the whole fucking exercise is a time sink. In fact, has anyone ever died in this stupid game?

2. All the loot is incremental, nothing is really game changing till the very end.

If you look at good roguelikes, the two things that make them fun is 1. threat of dying and 2. game breaking loot. Diablo 3 had great graphics, and the wizard was a great class... but it was just so much clearing non-threatening trash to see slightly larger numbers whiling clearing non-threatening trash. It was a goddamn cleaning-your-room simulator.
>>
Another thing, was in Diablo 1 and 2, there was a feeling of gothic horror at descending into hell. You had a DOOM feeling of dread. Diablo 3 was just generic fantasy, just the orcs were called demons. You didn't really have any sort of natural horror to them.
>>
diablo 2 is still good, and getting better tomorrow
https://www.median-xl.com/
>>
It's easier to list things Diablo III DOESNT reward you for
>Exploring
>Optional bosses / mini bosses
>Killing anything
>Completing quests
>Playing the game at all
>>
File: Dodger_of_Sheep_Death.jpg (10KB, 173x226px) Image search: [Google]
Dodger_of_Sheep_Death.jpg
10KB, 173x226px
>>378072767
>median xl aka particle effects everywhere: the game
>good
>>
Did the Necromancer end up having summons as "attacks" where you simply target a location and they go there?
I lost any interest in even trying the beta or whatever when I saw the very first video.
>>
1 can be avoided by changing the difficulty to something where it's actually a challenge to get hit by groaning targets, and iirc it lets you do that right away.
You can also just skip the story altogether and play whatever the free play system is called.

Diablo 3 isn't Diablo 3 on launch anymore, thank god.
>>
>>378071797
What's your highest grift?
>>
>>378071978
diablo 1 had this the best
the problem is that you cant be scared of anything that doesn't pose a threat, and in d3 you wipe the floor with screens of monsters effortlessly
>>
loot grind level up games are inherently terrible
>>
>>378073058
Yes
>>
>>378072960
or you can turn 3d glide off
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.