[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/, I recently bought a New 3DS XL, so I've got a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hey /v/, I recently bought a New 3DS XL, so I've got a couple of questions:

1) I read there's been a recent banwave for systems with CFW. If I don't really care about online gameplay, should I be worried about using CFW + freeshop?

2) Are there any really nice hidden gems for this system?, the main lineup seems really good but I'd like to have an idea of what to play after I finish them

Thanks in advance!
>>
Codename S.T.E.A.M was pretty good. Reminded me of Squad Command if you ever played that.
>>
>>378062398
>If I don't really care about online gameplay, should I be worried about using CFW + freeshop?
No. The ban only affects online play (they don't even ban you from the eshop in case a banned user wants to give them some shekels). I hear rumors it's circumventable anyway.
>Are there any really nice hidden gems for this system?, the main lineup seems really good but I'd like to have an idea of what to play after I finish them
Depends on what you like. I mostly use mine for Fire Emblem, dungeon crawlers and emulation so I don't know about other stuff. Cave Story+ has a port that looks pretty gud with the 3D effect.
>>
>>378063203

>Depends on what you like. I mostly use mine for Fire Emblem, dungeon crawlers and emulation so I don't know about other stuff. Cave Story+ has a port that looks pretty gud with the 3D effect

That's great, what's in there in the emulation department?, I read there's a GBA emulator available, what about SNES and Genesis?

Also, DS games are not playable without the original cartridge/flashcard right?
>>
>>378063432
n3DS has SNES VC so yeah you can do SNES.
And correct on the DS games part, there has been some work done on running DS roms, but that hasn't got very far I don't think (probably because everyone just gets a flashcart)
>>
1)Nah, ban won't affect you at all
2)Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is a pretty great tactics from the creator of the original xcom.
>>378063432
Most, if not all of the GBA/GBC games are available as virtual console cia files, which are more convenient to install and play.
>>
>>378063432
mGBA runs on it, but juuuust below the native framerate of GBA games. It's better to do injects since Nintendo released a few virtual console GBA games and people have swapped in basically every worthwhile game for that. There's also SNES VC but snes9x works flawlessly and you get the benefits of emulation like save states, and there's no messing around with CIAs. In that instance it's more up to you. Game Boy emulation is pretty great too if you're into that.
>>
>>378062398
Boxboy is fantastic.

In general the system has a lot of good platformers.

I play Excave, as it's the closest thing to a Diablo type game on the system.
>>
>>378063989
Which are the best platformers would you say? I've probably played at least a few of them, but could do with somethings to check out.
>>
>>378063847
>>378063806
>>378063678
>>378063989

Thanks!
>>
>>378064201
donkey kong country series
>>
>>378063847
>Snes9x works flawlessly

Is this really the case for any 3ds or just new? I have an Old 3DS XL and would like to play some Snes games
>>
>>378065154
I never tried it on my old 3DS. I'd imagine that it already has to be pretty optimized to work on a New 3DS though, so it's worth a shot.
>>
>>378065718
Thanks, I'll try it myself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.