[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can permanently remove ONE element from modern-Sonic games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: SonicWisps.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SonicWisps.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
You can permanently remove ONE element from modern-Sonic games (certain characters, gameplay elements, etc). What would you choose to get rid of?

Hard mode: A blanket "bad gameplay" choice doesn't count
>>
Rouge the bat
>>
>>378061937
sonic
>>
Normal human beings. They are so disgustingly out of place in the series. Eggman being the exception of course.
>>
File: ClassicSonic.jpg (7KB, 176x287px) Image search: [Google]
ClassicSonic.jpg
7KB, 176x287px
>>
The correct answer is fucking Shadow
>>
>>378061937
So, what's everyone's problem with the Wisp? Is it that they interrupt the flow of gameplay?

>>378062275
From the 3D games, for sure.
>>
>>378061937
Going fast
>>
>>378061937
I can really only think of two elements. The first element would potentially be the application of the boost mechanic. The idea for it is novel, but it does reduce a lot of stages to "push boost to progress" without much other involvement needed from the player. There's an argument to be made for level design, but it comes down to either designing the stage around boost to not make its inclusion useless or designing the stage around other elements making boost useless most of the time. It's extreme, but that's because I don't hold much faith for the devs to balance these extremes yet. My other reason for considering it for removal is that the devs feel that the boost should alter all sound around Sonic which isn't too bad, but they also include the background music as one of the sounds to be distorted during boost. Any song playing has its bass removed and is faded to simulate the increase of speed. I would not mind the inclusion of boost as much if they did not touch the music. It always makes me choose between enjoying the song or enjoying the stage.

The other element I would choose for removal would be Green Hill Zone, not because I dislike the zone, but I don't want it to be the "staple" stage of every upcoming Sonic game. I remember hearing that the people in higher authority want all new Sonic games to include Green Hill Zone as a way to promote the games easier, but I don't want to see it happen to other games past Forces and Mania. If they really want a call to nostalgia, I think it would be better to consider reimagining and implementing Emerald Hill or Angel Island zone as starting stages for new games, but in general, I'd prefer newer stages overall and not a trickling of older stages all the time. I don't know how likely it is, but I predict that we will see another Stardust Speedway stage implemented for a fourth time in Mania.
>>
good gameplay
>>
>>378062643
They were fine in Colors, but horrible in Lost World.
>>
>>378061937
There is only one correct answer:
>the third dimension
>>
I kind of want to fuck that wisp on the bottom, second to the left
>>
Voice acting.
>>
The developers
>>
>>378063909
Was gonna say basically this.
Although I reckon you could easily remove boost entirely. Sonic is really fast in the modern games anyway, the boost has always been overkill.
Or at least it needs to be nerfed, ie, it still kills enemies and stuff but it's not nearly as fast (maybe normal Sonic is slightly slower)
>>
>>378061937
Wisps.
Completely useless.
>>
Remove his tanned arms
>>
>>378061937
>remove
How about let's ADD a garden where you can raise both chao and wisps.
>>
what possible character could you remove from modern Sonic

Sonic?
>>
Boost.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.