[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /v/ I've never been so conflicted on buying a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1874.jpg (83KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1874.jpg
83KB, 409x500px
Help /v/ I've never been so conflicted on buying a game before.

I know it won't be as good as a souls game but will it scratch the itch?
>>
I've been wondering this too.
>>
i saw someone sum it up really well in another thread "if you love the souls style games but dont have anything to play right now its alright" as long as you are willing to lower your standards it can be fun. the combat just gets repetitive by the end and the story is absolute garbage. its a 5/10 at best. nothing game breakingly wrong (till NG+ when your armor will bug out) but nothing great going for it outside of the neat limb target/chop idea that gets old really quick.
>>
>>378060789
why dont you buy vanquish instead of lowering your standards for a trash game
>>
it's totally mediocre. right on the line
>>
>>378060789
Its fun. 7.5/10, worth it.
>Pro
Crafting is fun, even farming to a certain point, since its an almost guaranteed drop of what you are looking for if you know what you are doing.
Fucking around in the map and then suddenly appear back in your "bonfire" hyped me as fuck, thats some nice DaS1 flashbacks.
Combos are fun, you actually need to git gud with their combination or you wont get too far.
You can do neat stuff switching weapons and combos in middle of combat. You will get your shit slapped if you attempt to be too flashy, enemies get tired of your shit fast.
Customizing your gundam suit is fun. But you can get overpowered, in endgame you may need to handicap yourself.
>Cons
The maps look more or less the same, but the place is like a giant factory so it makes kind of sense.
Very few bosses.
You can store your "souls" in a bank so you dont lose them when you die, usually a bad thing, removes the tension. You can always choose to ignore the bank though.
There are very few weapons, think of BB.
>>
File: 706063348.jpg (42KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
706063348.jpg
42KB, 720x405px
Itemization is garbage wrapped behind a shitty crafting mechanic

Upgrades are standard AAA-tier trash

Combat is barely a step above Zelda and extremely repetitive until late game, when they just start adding weakness-free one shot gimmick mobs.

In terms of trying to be a Souls game, the level design is somewhere between "Worst parts of Dark souls 2" and "Our level designer thinks getting lost in the catacombs was the absolute pinnacle of souls design"

7/10 game. It plays like it tries to be Dark Souls, rather than be inspired by it.
>>
>>378060789
it has no multiplayer or online components and it's an easy pirate.
>>
>>378060789
The combat is fun. But you have to forget cool lore, cool art design and some other things.

The combat it's actually better designed that in a game like Ds2. It's polish and feels good.
>>
>>378060789
7.5/10 it scratched my DS itch pretty well, you have to revisit the factory area like 4 times. Story is interesting, not a bad game, it's holding my attention
>>
>>378067245
what did you like about it? i kind of like the game but i think 7/10 might be a little too generous unless you're IGN
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.