[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://gonintendo.com/stories/28102 7-game-freak-hiring-for-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-05-25.png (42KB, 664x364px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-25.png
42KB, 664x364px
http://gonintendo.com/stories/281027-game-freak-hiring-for-3d-rpg-on-3ds
no no no no
stop this
>>
Don't even expect a Pokemon game to be on Switch in any time soon.

Pokemon Company has already said that they will not make a Switch game anytime soon.
>>
File: 2017-05-25 (1).png (91KB, 829x725px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-25 (1).png
91KB, 829x725px
>>378056821
but what about this then?
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/03/18/game-freak-recruiting-for-someone-to-create-models-similar-to-wii-u-and-vita/
>>
>>378056579
>Pokemon is the only game that Game Freak produces
>>
>>378057123
Well pretty much yeah.
I mean sure they made Drill Dozer on the GBA and that elephant game on PS4/PC, but come on.
>>
>>378057123

it may as well be
>>
>>378057310
They released Giga Wrecker not too long ago.
>>
>>378056821
>Pokemon Company has already said that they will not make a Switch game anytime soon
Why not? Dp they not realize how much Switches nomies would buy for that game alone? Are they retarded?
>>
>>378057009
So it's obvious that they are making a Pokemon game for the Switch and 3DS.
>>
Literally why
>>
>>378057540
GameFreak doesn't profit off Switch sales and there is already a well established and large DS user base which are more accessible than the switch.

I would rather Pokemon move to the switch but it's too soon
>>
>>378057415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C68k8KFRUU
no wonder I never heard about it
looks mediocre
>>
>>378057814
>inb4 Pokemon Rumble Switch

Would be pretty cool with the HD Rumble and on the go co-op.
>>
>>378056821
GameFreak needs to reuse assets for as long as possible. The people there are extremely incompetent and every change is one step forward, two steps back.
>>
>>378057814
I think it's stupid excuse, but I could see those idiots think that

I mean come on, if Pokemon was announced for the Switch the real concern for Nintendo would be being able to keep on with the demand
>>
Why now though?
>>
>>378057884
That looks like a janky-ass indie platformer.
Guess they're only good at pokemon.
>>
>>378058056
>implying they're good at pokémon
Pokémon made by Monolith fucking when?
>>
>>378058056
They aren't even good at that, have you seen how shit all of their games run? They just got lucky and hit on a winning formula, I'd rather have almost any other dev make the mainline pokemon games over them.
>>
>>378058056
>Guess they're only good at pokemon
Game Freak can't optimize for shit.
They use extremely fucking detailed Pokemon models which doesn't matter because the only way you're going to see that detail is with emulator upscaling.

Because of that they can't get the game running at even a stable 20fps when there's 4 Pokemon on the screen - less depending on the Pokemon itself.

The only reason a Pokemon game on Switch would be good would be because the Switch could handle their shit optimization for the time being.

Nintendo really needs to buy 100% of the rights to Pokemon and hand the series off to someone else to make.
>>
>>378059528
>hand the series off to someone else to make

Well not if they're gonna give it to a company like Ubisoft
Fuck
>>
>>378058020
The smartest move would be to wait for switch sales to slow down, then port the most recent Pokemon game to switch while announcing a new Pokemon game for switch is in the works as well
>>
>another 3ds pokemon game

time to move on gamefreak
>>
>>378059528
My understanding was that they made those models so they wouldn't need to make new ones when moving on to newer systems
>>
Disappointing.

I don't want to play another Pokemon game on the 3DS.

I just want to play a 3D Pokemon game that doesn't frequently go below 20fps at 240p.
>>
Why have Nintendo not bought Pokemon completely?

Pushing out another 3DS Pokémon is just silly, Pokémon Switch would shift a ridiculous amount of Switches.
>>
I guess not everyone consider switch a proper 3ds successor.
>>
>>378059528
>The only well optimised pokemon was coded by Iwata in a few nights as a favor

LOL
>>
>>378062741
RIP, Nintendo's best.
>>
Hopefully they're looking to make Pokemon great again.
>>
File: 1397164417931.png (670KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1397164417931.png
670KB, 1200x1200px
>people are still making 3DS games

240p in fucking 2017

it was outdated when it came out SIX YEARS AGO
>>
>>378056579
harmoknight 2 confirmed
>>
>>378056579
Hope its a Pulseman reboot.
>>
>>378063269
And it will be outdated six years from now when games are still being made.
>>
>>378057123
They've made I think 3 non Pokemon games ever.
None of them were large scale, big budget titles. All of them made by small teams.
>>
Cruel joke.
Game Freak is literally insane to be doing this right now. But they always take forever to move along. This will only be worse as the disparity between 3DS and Switch is much larger than DS to 3DS.
>>
>>378056579

>game freak

i thought they changed their name to "The Pokemon Company" or something?
>>
>>378065614
The Pokemon Company is just the manager of the brand. They're owned between Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. Game Freak's just the developer of the main games, and they're still their own company. They make non-Pokemon games sometimes, too, even on non-Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>378060893

They've been using over detailed models since they switched to 3D. It's relatively simple to reduce LOD on models while keeping the higher quality ones for other ports.
>>
>>378057814
They can profit off of whatever incentive Nintendo gives them. As long as Nintendo wants to invest enough on the switch, I believe gamefreak would do whatever they want.
>>
>>378065918
But they aren't even reducing the LOD on the 3DS
>>
>>378066231

That's my point.
>>
Not surprising at all, it's BW2 again.
They're not Nintendo. They don't care if some people buy Switches to play their game. The 3DS userbase has tens of millions more potential buyers right now, which could not be made up for even if every single customer tried to buy a Switch tomorrow. Meanwhile they can rehash the old engine and models cheaply and sell 10 million copies easy.
>>
>they didn't specify it was for a famous series like last time
It's going to be some niche thing.
>>
>>378056579
it's for the d/p remakes
>>
>>378065365
Actually 11
>>378061273
>>378063269
The wii u tier model job listing is more descriptive. It says its a game everyone knows and its a world wide popular rpg. The 3ds listing only says its a 3ds rpg. It is most likely harmo knite 2 or giga wrecker 3d. Why would they ask for new models if they were making a 3ds game?
>>
>>378057009
>deformed materials
they're clearly working for Bioware duh
>>
>>378066802
>game freak is making a console pokemon game on the wiI u
Madmen.
Sounds cool though.
>>
>>378059528
>Nintendo really needs to buy 100% of the rights to Pokemon
Pretty sure they already own 100% of the rights to Pokemon. GF has ALWAYS been a third party company and I'm pretty sure the only reason why people still assume GF had anything to really do with the creation of Pokemon is because TPC wasn't even a thing back when the first gen was made and GF was such a no-name company that people just assumed they were part of Nintendo. What seems even more telling of this is that all GF titles outside of Pokemon seem to reveal GF's true colors as being no better than any other generic indie dev when they don't have Nintendo backing them.
>>
>>378068167
Nintendo owns 2/3 GF owns 1/3
>>
Shouldn't be news, Gamefreak programmers are a fucking joke.

Look at how they couldn't fit Johto on G/S without Iwata stepping in and saving the day (and there was so much room for improvement he fit fucking Kanto, albeit a lesser version)

Look at how many years it took them to transition to the 3DS.

Look at how the 3DS games experience slowdown that they have no reason to, even when you factor in the weak hardware.
>>
>>378068167
Game Freak had everything to do with the creation of Pokemon. Satoshi Tajiri, Ken Sugimori, all the people responsible for the original idea worked at Game Freak. Nintendo's just who they pitched it to.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.