[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: of you could change just one thing about Soulsborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 11

File: 1911500_0.jpg (37KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
1911500_0.jpg
37KB, 540x309px
Serious question: of you could change just one thing about Soulsborne games to make them more accessible, what would it be? Personally, I think the simple inclusion of an actual pause feature would greatly relieve some of the stress. This is a serious question, so no "get gud" alright.
>>
>would relieve one of the core aspects of the game
Yeah, I wish don't starve had a grocery store
>>
Pause would break the immersion so I wouldn't do it. I don't know what I would do.
>>
>>378049920
No matter the circumstances, pausing should always be an option. You never know what could suddenly happen.
>>
>>378049179
Add a story to go along with the lore. It doesn't need to be complex or straight forward, but just give players more of a reason to go out and explore beyond there being two bells that as far as you are aware mean nothing to you.
>>
Different diffulties
I can't spend an entire month trying to beat some shitty boss, some of us have a real life out there
>>
File: 565478877.png (139KB, 377x689px) Image search: [Google]
565478877.png
139KB, 377x689px
>>378050296
>No matter the circumstances
If you are online you shouldn't be able to pause.
>>
>>378049179

A pause button would not work for the Souls games considering how the multiplayer aspect is implemented.

If they were strictly single player games and had no multiplayer functions, then it would be nice. I just don't see it making sense as the games are now.
>>
Bonfires are your pause screens
>>
>>378050594
Why? You are invading or getting invaded or have a friendly phantom in your world = can't pause. At all other times = can pause. And if you're playing offline you should be able to pause whenever, it makes no sense not to allow it.

That wasn't so hard.
>>
Wow, a normal Souls thread...

I think it'd be tits if you could infuse boss souls with weapons of your choosing, changing the weapon art and buffing the damage it does.

Gael gets a special executioner qreatsword, so I want a badass Claymore.

I also keep thinking it's kinda ridiculous armors have no color options. Everyone with the same set looks the same and I wish you could change the cloth colors. Switch some armors from silver to brass, black to silver, etc.

>>378049179
>>378050296
>>378050875

Souls games already have a damn pause button. It's the bonfire. No invasions, no interruptions, nothing at all really, if you sit at one.
>>
>>378049179
I'd add quicksave / quickload.
>>
>>378051447
That's so stupid. You can just quit the game and return to the position you were at when you load it again, which is usually a lot faster than running to a bonfire and then running back, not to even mention everything respawns if you do that.

But that still doesn't substitute a pause feature and there's still no reason not to have one.
>>
>>378051813
The fact of the matter is that Souls games are intentionally designed without one to 'keep you on your feet' as explained by Miyazaki himself.

How about asking for things that weren't intentionally left out the games.
>>
>>378050296
Pausing IS always an option

Just hit start, then hit quit game. That's the pause. When you resume you'll be in the exact same spot you left.
>>
I'd just remove some of the bullshit moments where you're pretty much guaranteed to take damage if you're playing blind.
>>
>>378052241
Just how the hell do you imagine the 15 wasted seconds to quit, go through the login process and reload my game keep me on my feet more than pausing and unpausing in 1 second?
>>
>>378049179
If you were to make an easy mode of the games, making blocking regenerate stamina as regular instead of a reduced amount would make the game way more accessible for new players (because they always forget to drop their fucking shields). Also because, in their minds, it's not really obvious why putting a shield in front of you instead of holding it at your side would make you exhausted faster.
>>
>>378049179
Add a ring that makes you immune to invasions but disables summoning. Also if you take it off it breaks, so no switching abuse.
>>
>>378052787
Because saving and quitting fast enough to not die from that fall is tricky and requires fast input and reaction time
>>
>>378051447
i like this
>>
>>378053880
And what does being able to quit from falls have to do with pausing?
>>
>>378054138
Because if you can pause with a single button during any stressful situation and take your time, it's not a stressfull situation
These games were intended to be somewhat stressful, as a tool to get you focused and immersed in the game
>>
>>378055370
>goal is to make something more accessible without ruining everything
>can't pause because the game's atmosphere isn't good enough to carry itself
>>
>>378055370
Take your time to do what exactly? Pausing doesn't need to allow any extra input or even show the game in the background.
>>
>>378055608
There are many ways to get a player immersed in a game; games like the witcher used storytelling and characters, super metroid used atmosphere very well, and dark souls forces you to stay on your toes and keep alert or die
There is nothing wrong with any of these
Even older games like Tetris would prevent you from exploiting the pause button to plan out your moves by removing all elements from the screen when you pause
>>
File: 1310431060440.jpg (26KB, 219x265px) Image search: [Google]
1310431060440.jpg
26KB, 219x265px
How would a pause button make souls more accessible?
>>
>>378049179
Just add more random phantoms everywhere instead of just near the bosses ala Scholar or TOH.
>>
Yeah and get rid of autosave too why don't ya? It's "dated."
>>
Feels like you have to watch videos to really understand everything about them. Stats are explained poorly.
I still don't know what the +X next to my weapon's damage in Bloodborne comes from.
>>
>>378056572
I'm pretty sure that's the scaling coming from your stats like Strength, Skill, etc.
>>
Remove the way AI spins 360 degrees in 0.2 seconds
>>
File: 1495479621357.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
>>378049179
Changes I'd make to Bloodborne, I haven't played any of the others.

> less painfully linear
> have music outside of boss battles
> have a story
> make the combat fun
> make armour in any way worthwhile bothering with
> be longer
> be fun
> make PVP not atrociously laughable
> make it in any way challenging

I played Bloodborne after being encouraged by the constant stream of threads dedicated to furiously masturbating over it on here, I was so disappointed. Nevertheless I still managed to platinum it in 10 days.
>>
>>378056572
From your stats. Look towards the bottom you will see icons with a letter grade next to them telling you how it scales. Gems can also effect how your weapons scale.
>>
>>378056989
>have a story
Opinion discarded. If you think bloodborne didn't have a story you are braindead.
>>
>>378057164
Lore =/= story.
>>
Why do they need to be made more accessible?
>>
>>378057232
You are still wrong and still retarded.
>>
>>378056717
>>378057004
That makes sense.
Why are they letters, though? Especially since after looking at a calculator just now C for one weapon isn't the same scaling as C for another.
I guess hiding that sort of thing can be better for beginners, though.
>>
>>378049179
The games are already very popular so I don't think they need to be more accessible.
>>
>>378050603
you can still get invaded at a bonfire.
desu just quit the game, souls games quicksave automatically, you won't lose progress. that's essentially a pause screen
>>
>>378057234
Ffs just stop it, you people are not some kind of L33T HARDCORE GAMERS for playing Bloodborne. The game holds your hand to unspeakable levels throughout but under the guise of being a hardcore game.

> 24 vials carrying opportunity essentially giving you 12 extra lives at any time

> spectres and notes every step of the way to literally tell and show you what to do

> dodging makes you basically invincible

> it 100% auto aims attacks for you when locked on

> opportunity to summon 2x people at any time to do anything remotely difficult for you

> you can literally just run past every single enemy without getting touched

> attacking an enemy replenishes your own health lol

> numerous cheese items gifted to you to make bosses a complete stroll in the park

> weapons hit circumference beggars belief

The game is not inaccessible to all players, the game is a complete stroll in the park. It appeals to millennials who like the idea of playing something challenging but don't actually need to face a challenge.

I platinumed it in 10 days and was barely trying.
>>
>>378057283
Nope.

There is no in game story, you have to seek out the story through lore. The game offers no story.
>>
>>378057371
>I guess hiding that sort of thing can be better for beginners, though
That's probably it. You can see exactly how leveling up a stat will effect your weapon's stats before leveling though.
>>
>>378057775
I want you to know I don't like you but I agree with much of what you say here
>>
>>378057775
When did I say Soulsborne games are hardcore? Its just the opposite. The Prepare to Die is a meme. Thats what I'm saying; why do they need to be made more accessible when they aren't all that difficult.
>>
>>378057945
Not exactly. You can tell that it will, but you can't compare if it'd be better than investing in stam or health.
I just put points where I felt like they'd fit without actually knowing. Apparently there are soft caps and stuff.
>>
>>378057886
The game immediately tells you that you are looking for paleblood. You talk to the guy in yharnam and he tells you where to go. From there the plot progresses as any plot does. Also bloodborne in my opinion has the best characters in any souls game. Take the doll and Gherman for example. Hell the lore is even character driven and you can actually see those characters interacting with each other in some cutscenes or you can even talk to the characters yourself like Gherman and Ludwig. In dark souls it is mostly just implied. BB probably tells it's story more clearly than the other games.
>>
I'd honestly just rather have a Demon's Souls 2 or level design similar to Demon's Souls. I liked the idea choosing which path you walked with the areas getting progressively harder and more intricate with each boss you defeated.
>>
>>378059061
But you have that anon, it's called the chalice dungeons :^)
>>
All I could think of is a better explanation of some of the stats in shit, namely in DeS.
>>
I like all the games for what they are, but I would like a more RPG like game with more quests during the age of fire. Visit all the locations at their prime. Maybe a little close to the end of the fire age so there can still be fucked up monsters but still.
>>
>>378058484
40 points for soft cap, 60 for hard cap.
>>
>>378059061
>progressively

every world but 1 has three levels and I'd argue that 3-1 and 4-1 are more intricate than 3-2 and 4-2
>>
>>378049179
Drop the 'loose your souls when you die' mechanic.

It's actually stupid and just a pain in the ass. Yes of course it gives you an adreline kick but most of the time it is stupid.

Oh and when you press start the game should pause. Thanks.
>>
>>378059642
It's better than losing items when you die, and they give you an opportunity to get them back at least.
>>
>>378053236
Why? Because you like the blood stains and messages on the floor? Just play offline.
>>
>>378053236
Literally just don't ember
>>
>>378059736
Yeah but how often did someone cursed because they rolled into nothing or whatever and just lost x-thousand souls.
For newbies this can be stupidly frustrating.

But idc about that, just give me the fucking option to pause game whenever I want. I don't give a fuck if that gives some hardcore vibe, I don't want to die to a stupid boss when I am doing good, just because someone needs my help or whatever
>>
>>378059642
The game would be too easy then.
>>
Add a map you can view in the menu.
But you have to buy it for each new area and it costs as much as one level up for your current area.
>>
>>378060079
I don't think giving a hard pause option and ruining the multiplayer capability is worth it because 'someone needs your help or whatever' from time to time.
>>
>>378060303
I like that idea. Do you think it should be just a vague map or should it show items or points of interest?
>>
>>378060079
>just because someone needs my help or whatever
Tell them to wait. Besides pausing and helping them will probably mess you up anyway.
>>
>>378060427
Maybe be a vague map that fills in Silent hill style as you go into those areas.
>>
Nothing. They accessible as they are. If you think they're inaccessible, find a different hobby because you suck at games.
>>
>>378060427
I think a vague directional map would be best, maybe hinting at unexplored paths without revealing the specifics of how to reach them. no idea what that would look like
>>
>>378060079

There's a ring for such cases, there's no excuse if you loose a high amount of souls, you just played bad and didn't think.
>>
>>378060353
Then let it not work during online mode or whatever

>>378060479
Sometimes you can't anon. That's it.
>>
>>378049179
A button that wipes your memory of the last soulsborne game from your mind.
>>
>>378060762
A map for a gameseries that got more linear world and area wise every iteration.
>>
>>378061106
well yeah, the world would have to be complex enough to justify it. DS2 wouldn't need one, for example
>>
Writers to create actual NPCs that aren't stale rehashes with loads of dialogue that can change depending on what class the player chose, the boss order, the state of the world, what equipment they have on, what other NPCs are at the shrine, etc.
>>
>>378049179
All of my issues with the series are combat related, so I want faster combat and combos that *actually* work. Two swings and a roll isn't a combo. Bloodborne was a step in the right direction, but it's still far slower than anything it's competing against, Also climbing enemies would be neat...I want Dragon's Dogma 2, okay?
>>
>>378061496
There's not classes in Dark souls games because there's nothing to hold you in any one playstyle, mate. The shit you choose at the beginning is only there for stat advantages in the early game.
>>
>>378061050
Then just die.
>>
>>378059642
OP should've put a disclaimer that said
'aside from things that are 100% intentionally in the game'
>>
>>378061748
the class implies the characters background in the lore, though more stat flags beyond "ur 2 stupid for magic" would be better yeah.
>>
>>378056989
> make the combat fun
> have a story

austic clearly comfirmed at this point

> have music outside of boss battles
> make it in any way challenging
ok nevermind, just baiting
>>
>>378057886
are you new to soulsborne games ?

what did you expect cutscenes and cinematics telling you explicitly whats going on bit by bit ?

and to be fair BB has one of the most easily comprehensible and solid story
>>
>>378061929
Having npcs and other things around the game change simply because you wanted a few more dex or str points early on seems like a bad idea. The "lore" for the classes is just weak at best, and the fact that you can in fact go in all kinds of crazy directions with your character doesn't compliment a tied, consequential description of your characters origins.
>>
>>378056989
Wow dude you're really good at Bloodbourne and video games in, that's cool you're so cool. And in only 10 days wow you are too smart and skilled for this board, why are you here? Your intellect would be better utilized anywhere else. Leave.
>>
>>378062040
Not baiting.

99% of the time in the game you are playing in silence.

The game is inherently easy.

See:
>>378057775
>>
>>378062616
It's a forum dedicated to talking about video games. I'm talking about video games.
>>
I would remove the "this game is so hard" marketing strategy and the content that was developed as a result of that. (See: Nameless King, Friede, all of The Ringed City, defiled chalices, et cetera.)
>>
>>378049179
Fix those in-game menus: make them easier to use, navigate and understand.
Less menu screens, more concentraded information that matters.
Overall game options and in-game menus should be activated by different buttons.
It would also be great if you could have an 'equip full set' option when you select a piece of armor (I could say the same thing for Zelda Breath of the Wild, btw). I think you should have a quick selection option for pre-determined full sets (including weapons) so that switching between them isn't such a pain in the ass.
The pause problem is a bit harder to solve. I think you should be able to pause the game at bonfires, at least for overall game options (settings etc); during the time you spend in pause-menu your character appears as a ghost to other players. Maybe you could have something like a pause button in some other circumstances where switching armor and weapons is crucial. In that case it wouldn't be a full pause, but rather a slow-motion effect that remains activated while you're in the menus.
Combat and progression wise, I think the game is supposed to feel challenging anyway, so there isn't much that can be done about that.
But I guess some aspects of the game can feel quite unfair when we're talking about PvP interactions in the middle of the game.
>>378053236
Solutions like these could be an interesting way to deal with that, but I think the whole invasion mechanic is too appealing to be just ignored.
First, I think invaders should be vulnerable to npc attacks if they accidently hurt them (making them aggro towards them).
It could be a nice idea to match the invader's hp points (and other attributes) to the host's level.
Surviving invasions should be more rewarding too.
Other than that, all the times when the Souls games suck (it's mostly a combination of technical problems and demanding level design that doesn't take them into account... and platforming sections), the solution is just better game design through patches.
>>
>stress
>souls games
How old are you? Is it your first games after cod and skyrim?
>>
>>378062257
I've platinumed the game in 10 days, so I've obviously played it through. My memory of the entire story goes something like this:

> I'm a hunter
> people don't particularly like hunters
> people act weird
> there are numerous beasts roaming around the world
> in killing a big beast in the sea it makes the moon turn red
> There's a doll that can speak
> a man in a wheelchair is there, then he is not, then he is again and it turns out he wants to kill you
> choose to fight him or get killed by him willingly
> if I eat umbilical cords I fight another beast and get a different ending

That is honestly all I can recall. How any of it links together, means anything or in any way correlates with each other isn't covered without the main story. As I understand I have to read item descriptions along the way to try and work out what is going on story-wise. I wasn't willing to do so.
>>
>>378062717
>99% of the time in the game you are playing in silence.

again, are you new to this type of games?
its the devs choice not to include music, but to limit it to bosses.

also there is constast screams, laughs, noises in yarnham

>The game is inherently easy.

the game gets easier as you learn mechanics and gameplay and level/upgrade your character.
>>
>>378062812
You're stroking your ego about how easy the game was for you.
>>
File: 377945761377945761.jpg (2MB, 600x5267px) Image search: [Google]
377945761377945761.jpg
2MB, 600x5267px
>>378063186
>>
>>378063186
That's because people confuse story for your character and story for the world. The story for your character in BB is the absolute worst out of all the Souls games.
>>
>>378063186
>As I understand I have to read item descriptions along the way to try and work out what is going on story-wise. I wasn't willing to do so

>game hides details and important plot informations in item descriptions
>thats how you get to understand the story
>i dont wanna do it
>wtf i dont understand the story.

also the fact that you keep stressing out the fact you went for the autistic 100% achievement before even trying to understand the story of the game you're playing, prooves that you are some kind of autistic teen
>>
>>378063309
No I'm not, I'm saying the game was easy and is inherently easy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. A damn fool.
>>
>>378063661
>inherently easy

please elaborate in detail what makes an RPG game """ inherently easy""""
>>
>>378063591
I'm probably older than every person in this thread.

If I have to learn the story through reading item descriptions that is not being given a story. It's equivalent to reading all the books in the library in oblivion or Skyrim, it's lore, not story. Bloodborne's entire story is made up of lore.
>>
>>378063820
See
>>378057775

Most notable in that list is that a core game mechanic is the ability to get 2 people to do anything difficult for you lol

It's inherently easy. Any difficultly is completed manufactured and self imposed.
>>
>>378052482
Honestly this, it's one thing to die because you fucked up but losing your souls because of a cheap "lol GOTCHA hahahaha prepare to die haha" death is just frustrating.
>>
File: 1492952456771.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1492952456771.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>378063919
>It's not being shoved directly in my face so there's no story
Everything is still tied to the events of the game, regardless of how the information is presented.
Also, how are you in every souls thread? Why do you think a 10-day platinum is noteworthy? It's not. Like, at all.
>>
>>378063919
>I'm probably older than every person in this thread.

what does this have to do with anything ?

who said that story telling only works in the steriotipical standard dialogue driven way ?

if you are too lazy to spent literally 20 seconds to read 5 lines of an item description, but feel compelled to whine about not understanding the story you are, to put it simply, an arrogant cunt.
>>
>>378064603
Say what you want but the fact remains that I platinumed the hardest game you've ever played in 10 days and subsequently destroyed it's legacy of being a hardcore game.
>>
>>378064878
sure buddy, you a real big boy!

ask mummy for bonus tendies
>>
>>378064687
The previous poster (you?) called me a teen. Hence my reply re age.

I don't know what else to do other than reply, lore =/= story.
>>
>>378064878
>it's legacy
it's past your bedtime dude your mom is going to be pissed if she finds you're still on the computer
>>
>>378057775
>10 days
Aaaaand there it is. Listen man most of what's you are saying is not wrong but you have to stop with the faggotry.
>>
>>378064982
What are tendies?
>>
>>378065102
nintendos
>>
>>378065052
I'm 31 years old, I don't live with my mother.
>>
>>378065004
>, lore =/= story.

t. bethesda fanboy that preorded FO4
>>
>>378065075
I'm glad you agree with what I'm saying. All I'm doing is talking about Bloodborne in Bloodborne related threads, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>378065207
holy shit are you this autistic
>>
>>378065180
If that's true, it seems like an unusual comment to make.
>>
>>378065285
See
>>378064878
>>
>>378065207
>>378065301
>>378065413
I know you're pretty new, but on 4chan you don't actually need to reply to everyone who replies to you, and doing so actually makes you sound like kind of a faggot
>>
>>378065307
What do you mean?
>>
>>378060303
>you have to buy the maps
This is actually a good idea, those that lost regularly can ease that burden and those that like not having a map can skip it and be better off souls-wise. I like it.
>>
>>378064878
It's not the hardest game I've ever played. Hell, it's not the hardest game in the 'soulsborne' series. Probably one of the easiest platinums I've ever earned.

It's pretty well understood that 'souls difficulty' is completely overblown by journalists and morons who mistake 'punishing' for 'difficult'.

(Up to) 10 days of in-game time isn't an impressive platinum, particularly when you can do it in a single playthrough.
>>
>>378065516
I've probably been visiting 4chan for longer than every single person in this thread.

The nature of a chat forum is to communicate with others. I don't see the problem in doing so.
>>
>>378065740
It's not 240 hours that I did it in. It's 10 days since purchasing the game.
>>
stop replying to the obvious autistic baiter you faggots.
>>
>>378065915
That's why I said up to 10 days. Glad we're in agreement.
>>
>>378065740
>i could platinum bloodborne in a single playthrough
>platinum bloodborne
>single playthrough
>bloodborne has one trophy each for its three mutually-exclusive endings

intentional logical fallacies.jpg
>>
>>378065956
> please stop talking to him
> he's saying things I don't like to hear
> :'(
>>
>>378066062
>What are save backups
>>
>>378066034
In game time
>>
>>378066062
You can save in the cloud, noob.
>>
>>378066323
>>378066209
casual faggots
>>
>>378066209
>>378066323
>subscribing to playstation plus
>>
>>378057775
/thread
>>
>>378066532
I can't imagine having a PS4 without the online capabilities. You're missing out on so much.
>>
>>378066507
You're just embarrassed because you didn't know about it and everyone else did.
>>
>>378066849
>looks up guides to get 100% as fast as possible
>>
File: 1346789285258.gif (1MB, 356x240px) Image search: [Google]
1346789285258.gif
1MB, 356x240px
>>378066210
Okay, I'll keep biting, let me simplify for you:

10 days since you bought the game, which allows for 240 max hours of gameplay if you were some kind of robot, is not impressive for a platinum. 120 hours is not even an impressive platinum.
>>
>>378063025
Fuck off with this type of talk. You can't deny that souls games are a bit stressful, they're explicitly designed to be. The thought that you can lose your money when you die in a game designed to make you die is stressful.
>>
>>378049179
>>378050296
>Personally, I think the simple inclusion of an actual pause feature would greatly relieve some of the stress.
Pointless.
Completely and absolutely pointless.

Unless you're getting invaded, you can just exit to the main screen and take a shit or whatever you have to do that couldn't wait.
>>
File: 1438593562835.jpg (519KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438593562835.jpg
519KB, 1920x1080px
>>378057775
>vials leave you open to attacks and parries and you have to farm extra if you use too much
>notes can hint at secrets you didn't know about but that's pretty much it
>dodging eats stamina like a motherfucker and has more cooldown than i-frames
>doesn't work as well on moving targets and it's usually better not to lock on anyway
>summoning opens you up to invasions too
>running past enemies is dangerous when you don't know the area or enemy attack patterns yet
>R1 spam for regain is usually a bad idea if you're facing mobs or a fast enemy
>you do have to find the cheese item first of course, which can be more difficult than just fighting the boss head-on
>so do most of the enmies' attacks
But I'm basically giving attention to an insecure shitter who had to resort to grinding to even complete the main quest in this self-proclaimed "easy" action-focused game, so I'll stop replying now.
>>
>>378067003
I did it in 60
>>
>>378068096
Your a lier
>>
File: 1435187120200.gif (497KB, 370x263px) Image search: [Google]
1435187120200.gif
497KB, 370x263px
>>378068130
I did it in 50
>>
>>378068315
See >>378068228
>>
>>378068096
>>you do have to find the cheese item first of course, which can be more difficult than just fighting the boss head-on
Using fire/bolt paper and/or beast pellets trivializes almost every boss fight and they are super-easy to find.
>>
>>378068564
Or pungent blood cocktails too which you can just buy
>>
>>378057775
I think you are the old man in the game. For every single thing you said the opposite is true.
>>
>>378068679
No it's not.
>>
>>378063186
You must have at most an 85 IQ because there is much more to learn from the story eithout reading a single item. Also item descriptions are still plot if it pertains to people you interact with.
>>
>>378064139
Fucking Seath...
You could've just gotten frozen or some shit.
>>
>>378068743
Prove it fag.
>>
Get rid of PvP.

All it does is invite autism
>>
>>378068908
Wrong
>>
>>378049179
infinite respecs in every game
that's it
>>
>>378068981
I don't need to. What you said is inherently wrong.
>>
>>378069080
You're a cunt.
>>
>>378069186
>>378068981
>>378068908

this>>378065956
>>
>>378068130
>>378068315
if you really got plats so fast you're guidefaggots and that's not something to be proud of
>>
>fuck off with the level up lady bullshit and just let me use any bonfire like in DS1
>an in game way to change the color of armor/clothes
>keep the fall damage consistent between games instead of making people have to guess and test it for every game since it's different for every game
these are specifically for bloodborne
>let me sit at lamps without bringing me back to the hunter's dream
>replace the need for grinding/buying extra vials/bullets and just have a permanent number of vials/bullets like with the objectively better estus system
>don't lock entire weapons/armor/enemies/bosses in the shitty chalice dungeons or find a way to make that part of the game actually enjoyable
>>
>>378049179
>go to bonfire
>sit down
game is pretty much paused at that point
alternately, just teleport to the nexus area

but to answer your question if I wanted to make Soulsborne games easier I would maybe add a mode where you can't use online functions but health regenerates at a miserable rate like 1hp/sec
>>
>>378069186
Rager.
>>
>>378049179
Don't make sucking a punishment.

It's hard to "git gud" if you're stuck as hollow or your health is halved or you have to refarm blood vials. DS3 is the only Souls game that doesn't really punish you for sucking at the game.
>>
>>378069479
There are multiple rings/weapons/shields/spells/items that you can use that slowly regen health and quite a few of those can stacked together to regen more health
>>
>>378069159
Nope.

> 24 vials carrying opportunity essentially giving you 12 extra lives at any time
This is false, extra lives are when you can continue after dying. You get killed in Bloodborne and you are dead, vials only allow you to heal when in a safe position which you have to get into.

> spectres and notes every step of the way to literally tell and show you what to do
There are barely any notes in offline so this is false. If it's true for oline well you have to pay for online so it costs money to even get that shit and based on my experience with souls messages aren't that helpful.

> dodging makes you basically invincible
This is just false you can easily be killed if you dodge at the wrong time.

> it 100% auto aims attacks for you when locked on
Again false, it hits in the direction of lock on nothing more.

> opportunity to summon 2x people at any time to do anything remotely difficult for you
Only true in online which you have to pay extra for so this is basically wrong.

> you can literally just run past every single enemy without getting touched
Nope, what are bosses.

> attacking an enemy replenishes your own health lol
Only for a limited time again wrong.

> numerous cheese items gifted to you to make bosses a complete stroll in the park
Name one fag. I can't think of a single cheese item.

> weapons hit circumference beggars belief
What?
>>
>>378069347
Wrong
>>
>>378049179
Don't have multiple tiers of the same ring. It's annoying to get them all. DS1 did that right.
>>
>>378069674
>Only true in online which you have to pay extra for so this is basically wrong
Oh also summoning makes bosses harder. And possibly enemies too.
>>
>>378069674
Music box. Noob.
>>
>>378069661
I know, but that requires hunting them down and donning them. I'm saying a mode right off the bat that regens health on its own, obviously with stacking once you get the pontiffs eyes and such.
That said, I'm over all against the idea of making the souls games easier. If anything, they should be more challenging.
>>
>>378049179
Put in a level cap.

Make Health/Stamina/EquipLoad/Attunment be a function of Soul Level.

Remove every stat except STR, DEX, INT, FTH.
>>
>>378069851
Well that proves you only played the game for a little while then quit. Music box is useful for gascoigne and that's fucking it.
>>
>>378069840
Wrong
>>
>>378049179
Allow me to warp to any bonfire/lamp using homeward bone/bold hunters mark. It's just inconvenient to have to warp back to my last bonfire/Firelink and then warp to my final destination, and even worse in Bloodborne where I have to warp to my last lamp, warp to the Dream, and then warp to my destination.
>>
>>378049179
More accessible?
Increase spawn drop rates by a reasonable amount for specific enemies if you're wearing the same armor as them. Enough grinding for two hours just to get a pair of matching boots.
>>
>>378069840
Gonna correct you here; increased boss stats are generally trivialized by the split aggro between 2+ players.
>>
>>378069927
See
>>378056989
>>
>>378070058
I guess but it's like complaining a game has an easy mode. Is DMC3 bad because it has an easy mode?
>>
>>378070192
No, not at all. That's not what I was getting at, just commenting on the effects of co-op. My preference is to solo bosses, but I'm totally fine with challenges of a game being self-imposed or having the option to bring in help.
>>
From should just get rid of the whole durability aspect. It really doesn't add anything unless you happen to run into the rare enemy that spits corrosive or a player just using an acid move but that's really rare anymore. Since your shit is fixed whenever you sit at bonfires it may as well not exist and you have to actively be trying for your weapon(s) to be anywhere near the point of being at the risk of breaking.
>>
>>378065798
>chat forum
>doesn't know the like 3 or 4 year old tendies meme
Jesus christ dude. Just stop digging yourself deeper.
>>
More accessible to whom? Retards? Not clinical retards, of course.
>>
>>378070507
Alright I figured. I was just arguing against the other guy.
>>
>>378049179
I'd actually explain how i-frames work, which is a totally crucial mechanic that new players who don't play Japanese games don't know about. Casuals get through the games without ever learning about it. What a fucking nightmare. How does not knowing how dodging works improve their experience?
>>
>>378049179
Can think of a few things.

Fires outside of boss areas. Why? Because needing to do a little walk back to a boss is always obnoxious. There is a reason checkpoints came into being in games. Literally needing to run back to a boss every time you lose adds absolutely nothing to the experience.

Also I'd add a way to have proper coop support, rather than the system we currently have. Something to let people experience the game together, rather than only one side being able to collect items/progress.

Finally, last thing I can think of is an option to turn off PVP. Some people like it. Some people don't. I see no reason whatso ever to force the two together. Yes, I know theres an offline mode, but no reason to shut off all online features for people who don't want to deal with PVP.
>>
>>378071006
> Literally needing to run back to a boss every time you lose adds absolutely nothing to the experience.

I'd say it adds tension because you know you have something to lose if you die.

>Also I'd add a way to have proper coop support, rather than the system we currently have.

Agreed.

>Finally, last thing I can think of is an option to turn off PVP.

Agreed.
>>
>>378071258
>I'd say it adds tension because you know you have something to lose if you die.

Getting to the bosses is generally just a 10 second walk or so, with enemies you can sprint past typically. Also generally its best to not bring any souls into the fight you don't want to lose.

Even with that tension, it really doesn't add much to fights, especially harder boss fights where you might die a bunch to the boss themself. Its kind of the equivalent of an unskippable cutscene that you're forced to replay again and again, serving as nothing but a time waster before you can get to the fight.
>>
File: KF3_JAP_Cover_Front.jpg (86KB, 641x650px) Image search: [Google]
KF3_JAP_Cover_Front.jpg
86KB, 641x650px
I would take Souls back to its honest roots. But that definitely wouldn't make the series more "accessible." It might even put off existing Souls players. This generation's idea of hardcore difficulty is really pretty tame.
>>
>>378071603
I feel the same way about adding multiple phases to bosses that aren't consistent in difficulty, most noticeable in DS3 (NK, Friede, Gael, etc).
>>
Implement a PvP system that is more rewarding in terms of gear and extra stuff such as gestures. Reaching gold rank and the quest for hate mail gets repetitive and boring.

If FromSoft could implement a sustainable PvP system for soulsbourn series the re-playability aka the lifespan of the game would be significantly higher and more fun.
>>
>>378071867

I can see the logic in what you're saying. I'm more forgiving of that because it is a video game staple, however.

The fires just annoys me because we moved past this shit after the Nes era. Everyone realized that checkpoints were a good thing cause it cut out all of that artificial bloat whenever you died and let you just resume where you left off.
>>
I'd just improve the animations in DaS2, then it would be hailed as the best action RPG of all time like it rightfully is. even by /v/edditors
>>
>>378072209
The bosses I listed came off as obnoxious to me because the starting phases tend to be drawn out even if you're playing well. Multiple phases aren't a flaw as a rule, but I also don't think there's a free pass just because it's commonplace in vidya.
>>
>>378071795
King's Field's difficulty is just that it is so fucking boring you just want to sleep.
>>
>>378072583
>>378072139
So what level are you suppose to be for Friede and Gael?

I was playing them at my friends house and Gael gael was only taking 100 damage per hit, and while I could get Friede to her 3rd phase without too much trouble , she'd absolutely wreck me once I got there.
>>
>>378072583
I don't think I've gotten to those bosses quite yet in DS3, so thats something to look forward to I guess.
>>
How to make the Soulsborne games better.
Step 1
Play Dragon's Dogma instead.

Step 2
Literally just mix the two together. It'd be the perfect action RPG.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.