[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never played the original Deus Ex. Is it worth playing today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: deus_ex_box.jpg (85KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
deus_ex_box.jpg
85KB, 953x953px
I never played the original Deus Ex.

Is it worth playing today? Currently downloading.

Any tips for a noob?
>>
On steam the game can run too fast on modern hardware so look for a fanpatch in case that happens to you. Go through the training mode to get used to controls and the various quirks. Dont really bother putting points into swimming.
>>
>>378036196
The GEP gun is the most silent way to take down Manderley.
>>
JC a bomb
>>
>>378036196
it's the citizen kane of gaming.

In other words, it has aged like milk.
>>
>>378036926

in that comparison its still a GOAT game because nowadays all modern releases ARE milk
>>
>>378036926
>Citizen Kane isn't GOAT
Come on you pleb, next you're going to tell me that the godfather is shit and 2001 is boring
>>
>>378037320
Godfather had murders and 2001 had space, Citizen Kane had talking
>>
The second half of the game becomes thrice as hard (and generally causes new players to just drop the game) if you don't fully upgrade swimming. So make sure you put all your skill points into swimming.
>>
>>378036196
yes, story themes are more relevant today than they were back when it was released
>>
>>378036196

Play it totally blind first, you'll be fine. If you replay it try and do different stuff.

Take the GEP gun.
>>
No, the graphics are bad.
>>
It's absolutely worth it, for the memes
>>
>>378036446
I like to pick my nose.
>>
We're 100% BLACK.
>>
>>378041703
Me too
>>
>>378036196
>Is it worth playing today?
Probably no. It has obsolete brush-based maps and some of the most cringeworthy VA in history of games, so the latter may not be drawback for someone.

>>378036926
Titizen Kane is still pretty good
>>
DOWNLOAD GMDX MOD
>>
>>378037528
>These are the kinds of people I browse this shithole with
>>
>>378036196
It's a love it or hate it type of game. I had to give this game a second chance before I really got into it.

>Any tips for a noob?
Play the tutorial first.
Upgrading swimming up to trained is ok, but don't go higher than that, it's not worth it.
Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjJt2_ZK4k4
>>
>>378045168
Also If you want to do a silent takedown with a prod or a baton then aim for the back
>>
>>378042309
>Probably no.
Wrong
>>
>>378042465
This. I am sad tho: Downloaded it and when I try to zoom with sniper it crashes.
>>
>>378036196
amazing game go in blind it makes human revolution feel like an downgrade with the movement option say climbing a stair in first person. Music is amazing.
>>
Max out swimming first.
>>
Stick with the prod. With the prod. Prod with the prod.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
WHY CONTAIN IT?
>>
Never upgrade melee.
you get a weapon half way through that kills everything in like one or two hits.
>>
If you can get to the North dock a UNATCO informant will give you a key to the statue doors. He responds with the code phrase "Iron cock". Beans might be useful.
>>
so what DO I upgrade?
>>
>>378047847
swimming
>>
>>378047847
Old men
>>
>>378047847
pistol, electronics, and lockpicking.
>>
>>378036196
Go in blind and ignore the memes or tryhards. I personally don't have a problem with it but some people burn out on the first level, push on through.
>>
>>378036196
>Any tips for a noob?

Go in and go in and go in like the US Marshal and his three daughters
>>
it runs fine as is but the new vision mod sharpens it up for modern displays
check the kentie launcher box when installing

this is all you need
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-vision

it's definitely worth playing
it's not really about shooting and more about stealth
my advice is to explore everywhere because you might come up to a keypad and instead of wasting a multitool to bypass you could search around and find the code, which also will give you exploration points that you can use to upgrade stats
>>
>>378045450
if an enemy didnt go down with one hit with a prod then I would just headshot with the silenced pistol
>>
>>378036196
It's worth playing, but it's a slice of what games could have been, not what they've become. By most modern measures, it's an awful game: but that's like saying that Shakespeare's plays are shit because they don't come with a Nord-fag ambient soundtrack and/or Michael Bay action sequences and/or GoT naturalism in the staging department.
>>
>>378036196
>I never played the original Deus Ex.
you should be permabanned for this
>>
File: 1428248263617.png (250KB, 675x694px) Image search: [Google]
1428248263617.png
250KB, 675x694px
this fucking thread is making me sick to my stomach
you just triggered my ptsd from 15 years ago
be one of the first kids with pc
fucking games need a college degree to get installed
go to friends house
disk in ps = instant fun

15 years later
op makes thread
30 replies
get this mod
no that mod
it will play fine if you install that thing

JESUS
FUCKING
CHRIST
>>
>>378037320
2001 was pretentious dogshit.
>>
>>378049407
>fucking games need a college degree to get installed
>dumb frog poster

Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>378049407
>frogposter can't figure out how to install simple mods
like clockwork
>>
>>378049554
>kubrick
>pretentious
wew
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.