[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Blizzard planning to deal with the stupid walls behind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Free-Overwatch-Loot-Boxes.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Free-Overwatch-Loot-Boxes.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
How is Blizzard planning to deal with the stupid walls behind the event-specific skins and items, exactly?

At LEAST give us a paywall or something, even TF2 isn't this assbackwards
>>
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>378031563
Overwatch.

There are skins and other unlockable items that are only available during events. When the event is over, you can't get them anymore. For new players, they can see the skins and items, but can't ever acquire them so they just end up looking at things they can't get.

TF2 didn't do this IIRC and it's kind of a retarded practice
>>
Is there a zenyatta skin
>>
>>378031854
Its also how they make their money.

Whilst still letting people earn free crates.

There is nothing for blizzard to "deal with" here.
>>
why give people what they want when you can use rng as an excuse to make even more money.
>>
I just want to pay for a fucking expac of this bland sack of shit that has been in need of content for the past year, ffs.
>>
>>378031854
Events are going to repeat themselves, they already confirmed Summer Games will be back this year for instance.
TF2 does the same shit and actually locks cosmetics to certain times of year like Halloween and full moons, or they did last time i checked. Now that was retarded.
>>
>>378031854
i don't play overwatch but don't other games of this type do this as well?
i vaguely recall league having legacy and beta skins that can't be obtained anymore.
since their just cosmetics its not like it really affects gameplay and it lets older players show off the fact that they've been playing longer than other people which is an excellent way to cater to people who like that sort of thing without any actual effect on gameplay
>>
>>378031854
nice shitpost
>>
>>378031149
BUY 100 BOXES YOU FUCK
THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME
XD
>>
>>378031912
Not in this event.
https://js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/ANNIVERSARY_2017

>>378032646
Yeah, it's pretty standard stuff in online games with seasonal events.

>>378032447
I would legit pay for a coop expansion in the same vein as Uprising.
>>
If you can just buy your favorite cosmetic then how will Blizzard earn more money?

It's just business.
>>
>>378033130
Just make uprising-like missions the MVM equivalent, pay money, get exclusive stuff
>>
File: 1459443560677.jpg (65KB, 960x960px)
1459443560677.jpg
65KB, 960x960px
>>378033130
That coop mission was a Hell of a lot of Fun. Reminded me of Destiny, but it was actually fun and good and full of variety.

I wish Overwatch had a full single player
>>
>>378031149
They'll have to eventually add the skins permanently. I'm thinking each season renewal maybe they'll make more skins but old the old ones part of the pool. Either way it's going to be dilute as fuck and these dirty jews can go fuck themselves. Hopefully Destiny 2 doesn't have some monetization scheme.
>>
>>378031854
That's literally the main appeal.
>>
>>378032630
Custom servers let you have holiday modes on whenever you like though
>>
>>378033587
Titan was scrapped
>>
>>378033912
Destiny 1 already has monetization. Why wouldn't Destiny 2?
>>
>>378031854
>Being this buttmad over cosmetics

Anyone who complains about this are fucking cancer to vidya and it's stupid fucking DLC practices. Just fucking stop.
>>
>>378031149
They'll repeat the events with occasional changes to them so none of the skins or items are gone permanently.
>>
>>378036190
This. It's ridiculous just how much /v/ is getting played by blizzard, valve and the rest.
>>
>>378031854
Because making certain skins available only during events creates an urgency for players to drop money since they can dark only so many crates during that time.
Otherwise many players wouldn't spend anything if they can just grind and get the skin eventually.
>>
>>378035246
Did the microtransactions in Destiny actually matter at all? I played a decent amount when Taken King came out, and never once had to use the currency.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.