[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oh Alm...imissed you so much after 7 years.i was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 395
Thread images: 51

File: Celica_through_the_ages_fixed.png (171KB, 675x403px) Image search: [Google]
Celica_through_the_ages_fixed.png
171KB, 675x403px
>oh Alm...imissed you so much after 7 years.i was thinking about you every night
>i missed you too celica
>so now what are you going to do Alm?
>i am going to fight an army that invaded us and save our country
>fuck you you fucking warmonger piece of shit.you like bloodshed don't you?you just want to sieze the throne and become an emperor don't you?have fun killing people.i'm going to pray to a statue to save my country
what did nintendo mean by this?
>>
It meant Celica was a naive princess raised by a family of degenerates who were likely incestuous so her brain doesn't work too good. It's why she's the one who ends up brain washed by a Lichman and Alm is the one who ends up remembered throughout history as a God King.
>>
>>378021946
>warrior princess celica is no longer canon and will never be referenced again
what is she even good for now
>>
>>378021946
She's the standard naive, idealistic nice girl princess. They can get upset when someone goes against their ideals.

>>378023654
They wanted her to look more generically waifish. "Warrior Princess" isn't as popular.
>>
>>378024139
>They wanted her to look more generically waifish.
>we live in a world where this exact sentence both unironical and correct
Where did everything went so wrong?
>>
>>378024749
For you? First grade English class, feom the look of it.
>>
>>378025809
I feel for you breh. Seeing that you made a typo in a post criticizing someone else's English ability is the absolute worst feeling. You just know anyone reading thinks you're a moron despite your mistake coming from a slip of the finger rather than a fundamental lack of understanding of the language.
>>
File: 1486430291374.jpg (106KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
1486430291374.jpg
106KB, 500x748px
>>
>>378026878
You stab them in a non-lethal place.
>>
>>378024749
Weebs.
>>
>>378021946
don't forget

>Celica slaughters every single bandit and pirate on her way to Zofia Harbor
>>
>>378021946
Japanese heroines are almost always fucking terrible.
>>
>>378021946
They toned down Alm's pragmatic take on the war and made him into a generic shonen hero who fights for justice and is an unarguably good person inside.

Then they forgot to rewrite the part where celica took issue to OG-Alm's aggressive ("Two wrongs don't make a right you say? I say two rights don't prevent the next wrong" and "It's a battlefield. The politics of it no longer come into play") take on fighting evil, which left us with Celica mysteriously spazzing out over new-Alm's not-even-remotely-debatable position.
>>
>>378029835
Now I don't want FE4 to be remade or else every antagonist will act just like the bandits at the beginning or the Lopt Sect.
>>
>>378030160
>implying FE4 can even be remade without them fucking with the incest, child hunts, betrayals and everyone dying in the first half
>>
>>378030160
Yeah if nothing else this remake goes to show that while the series' gameplay has more or less gotten better over the years, its writing has really gone down the shitter. Even through shitty rewrites of the characters, Echoes manages to have far better character writing than Fates.
>>
>>378030347
Child hunts would actually just make the story black and white.
>>
>>378030443
What I mean is that they would leave that in as it just makes it black and white.
>>
>>378030347
Really want to see them do this in FE15 so they don't shittily shoehorn child units in like in FE14. Cuz admit it, there's no way in hell they're gonna leave shipping and children out of mainline fire emblem after awakening and fates
>>
>>378027046
>Stab them in a non-lethal place
>There was a bit of dirt on my blade so now he's infected and has gangrene
>Oh yeah it's fantasy medieval europe and now he's dying a slow horrible death
>>
File: 1495611173247.png (191KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495611173247.png
191KB, 438x420px
>>378025809
>First grade English class, feom the look of it.
>feom

Are you a student in his class, too?
>>
You know how people love to suck Final Fantasy Tactic's dick because it emphasized the differing philosophies of the hero and villain?

This is basically the same thing with our protagonists. Although Alm and Celica deeply love and care about each other, they are trying to solve the Rigelian invasion in their own differing way. Alm wants to take on the empire head on and conquer the invaders, while Celica wants to more deeply understand the issue and resolve the conflict peacefully.
>>
>>378030443
>>378030534
FE4 was fairly black and white if you look at it from solely Sigurd's/Seliph's army vs the empire being run by Julius and the Lopto Sect. It's just that everyone else in between like Arvis, Eldigan and that one king in Thracia were morally grey and had their own motivations for being against you.
>>
>>378030565t
Well it wasn't forced in FE4 because the majority of adults were dead. But yeah if the adults live then there there is no point in having them.
Too bad Seliph can't bang his half sister while everyone else can.
>>
>>378030936
Poor Seliph.
>>
>>378030903
>Alm and Celica deeply love and care about each other
Anyone else not buy their deep love for each other at all? They knew each other a bit as kids, then haven't seen each other for 10 years yet are totally infatuated. People give Awakening and Fates shit for rushed romance in supports, but this doesn't really feel any better.
>>
File: 1480050874285.png (1MB, 1684x1920px)
1480050874285.png
1MB, 1684x1920px
fuck celica in the good way
>>
File: 1452906503284.png (667KB, 508x636px)
1452906503284.png
667KB, 508x636px
>Desert levels
>Now swamp levels
Fuck this I'm gonna play as Alm's party again.
>>
>>378031946
She looks so good in Heroes. I hope her artist does more charatcers.
>>
>>378021946
Did you miss the part where he called her father a lazy idiot and claimed the princess was non-existent and probably also shit, which is why war was the "only" option.
>>
>>378032465
She didn't even want to consider Lima her father.
>>
>>378032465
>and claimed the princess was non-existent
Actually she was the one who claimed that, Alm figured she was probably alive somewhere.
>>
>>378021946
Play the game, then revise your take on that scene.

>alm, we can just get the goddess to make the land not shit again, and avoid sparking further war against the kther country. That way you don't have to both get you and your crew slaughtered, and can also avoid them attacking our country even more ferociously in retaliation
>WOW WHAT A LITTLE BITCH I CAN TAKE ON ANYTHING YOU JUST WANT TO PUT NOBLES IN CHARGE AGAIN LIKE YOUR USELESS SHIT FATHE- I MEAN THE KING AND HIS WORTHLESS SHIT PRINCESS YOU DUMB COWARD CUNT
>you have no idea what you are on about you warmongering shit head.
>>
>>378032960
He claimed that the princess "if she even exists" wouldn't ever come because she would be as shit as Lima and most other nobles.
>>
>>378030565
Echoes is FE15 dude
>>
>>378031691
They only knew each other for like a week too, and celica was a depressed bitch for the first like 3 or 4 days
>>
>>378026878
>Echoes turned Alm into a typical shounen/jrpg protagonist and he doesn't act anything like this in Echoes

Another reason to dislike Echoes besides the boring dungeons and shitty maps still present from Gaiden.
>>
File: elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
Fates plot > Echoes plot

I'm tired of people "Echoes has good writing!"

It doesn't.

Echoes is the Jay Leno of video games. It tries to be as inoffensively bland as possible. The entire plot is riddled with cliches and it plays every single one of them completely straight. "Farmboy who turns out to be a prince teams up with a ragtag group of heroes to fight an ancient evil." No twists or even attempts to be anything more. The villains (Desaix, Slayde, Jedah) come straight out of a Saturday-morning cartoon, and the "grey" villains (Berkut, Fernand) are handily defeated and immediately learn a heartwarming lesson. Even in a series known for uninspired writing, Echoes manages to be less inspired than everything before it. The entire thing reads like the assignment of an unimaginative high schooler in his first fiction class.

Alm and Celica are both so incredibly boring and inoffensive I fell asleep reading their dialogue. Alm is the bog-standard "good" protagonist, like Roy and Eliwood (and a dozen other JRPG protags) except he's actually MORE boring, seriously there's literally NOTHING noteworthy about his personality. Celica is equally terrible. Both of them have been justifiably compared to Gary/Mary Stus in that they're chock-full of good qualities, have no flaws, are one-dimensional, and undergo next-to-zero character development.

Fates writing sucked but at least it was interesting. It tried to do something innovative and failed spectacularly, but it was glorious to watch. People will be shitting on Fates plot for years to come. Echoes will be forgotten in a month.
>>
>>378034291
Explain how he is a typical shounen protag in Echoes but not in that minor quote. Because you are pretty wrong.
>>
>>378034324
You lessen your credibility the more you try to turn this into a copypasta.
>>
>>378033356
Take a moment to consider the other same-age members of the opposite sex they've met. Celica's other options are a handful of other villagers who are either All's buttmonkeys or girl (boy) mode. And Boey. Alm's only available choice is Faye, who's idea of a fulfilling life is tying him to a bed in a cabin out in the country somewhere.
>>
>>378034548
not an argument lmao
>>
>>378021946
She got upset when Alm started slagging off the previous King.

>>378032978
Alm is saying he hopes the lost princess will take over, and that the father fucked up by not giving t'North any supplies or grain when they were going through their famine
>>
>>378034324
Fates has a better premise but the way the plot was handled was far worse. Doesn't matter to me though since gameplay > story. And even Birthright has better gameplay than Echoes.
>>
>>378034324
This is so wrong I don't even know where to begin. Fernand was fought multiple times without "learning a lesson", as was Berkut. Neither Alm nor Ceilca are generic or Mary Sue, largely because both have several notable character flaws, like Celica constantly thinking she is alone and trying to sacrifice herself, or Alm thinking that brute force will solve an entire country's environmental and political problems.
>>
>>378034978
>Alm thinking that brute force will solve an entire country's environmental and political problems

I don't think Alm thinks this because he sent a peace treaty to Rudolf or something.
>>
>>378034324
>fates plot is good because it is so bad that people will be shitting on it for a long time

If this sort of reasoning makes sense to you, it is not hard to see why you enjoyed the plot of fates.
>>
>>378034324
>Alm and Celica are both so incredibly boring and inoffensive I fell asleep reading their dialogue. Alm is the bog-standard "good" protagonist, like Roy and Eliwood (and a dozen other JRPG protags) except he's actually MORE boring, seriously there's literally NOTHING noteworthy about his personality. Celica is equally terrible. Both of them have been justifiably compared to Gary/Mary Stus in that they're chock-full of good qualities, have no flaws, are one-dimensional, and undergo next-to-zero character development.
Heres your argument. You are just saying this, you aren't providing any insight as why, you are just saying its like this and I don't like it.

So yes you sound like a parroting idiot and those dont have much credibility.
>>
>>378034978
They've been compared to gary/mary stus for good reason. I also don't think they're gary stus, but the problem is they're so fucking BORING, there's nothing interesting about them at all. You are severely overestimating the extent of celica and alm's characteristics.

Fernand and Berkut are attempts at grey villains that failed miserably.
>>
>>378035408
have you played the game?
>>
I'm glad that the secret prince who was appointed to his position as leader, running around with a magic sword only he can wield because of his blood, showed that Berkut that the station you were born in doesn't matter!
Wait..
>>
>>378034324
Fates plot is terrible but I sorta agree. It had a fucking awful execution but a decent premise. Echoes is just generic and never tries anything new.
>>
File: 1436629356053.png (2MB, 1448x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1436629356053.png
2MB, 1448x1462px
>>378025809
>tries to play the grammarnazi
>makes mistake
Shamefur display
>>
>>378035558
Appointed to his position as leader because he was raised by Mycen and believed to be his grandson, rather.
>>
>>378021946
2017 Celica is so beautiful
>>
>>378035409
>they're boring

God I must be getting old because I am getting tired of the insufferable children that keep visiting this board.

I can't think of anything other than underage finding alm and celica boring, when the plot establishes foreshadowing and conflict between them from the very beginning. How this isn't enough to keep you interested then i don't know, you must be one of those autistic fucks that need everything handed to them right from the start, spoonfed, and with as little complexity as possible, like Fates plot
>>
>>378032978
Except the Rigelians were going to attack them no matter what, because they broke the divine accord themselves in response to the shitty things that King Lima did.

And King Lima was a piece of human trash. He even pretty much raped Celica's mom and left her to die, fucked over Mycen, fucked over lots of people in general.

They weren't going to avoid war by sitting there. They'd just get their own citizens trampled as they sat in their castle hoping they could hold it while Celica hopes that praying to a goddess will fix all their problems instantly.
>>
>>378034324
>Fates plot
>above anything else
Yeah, nah. Fates's writing and overall plot is complete garbage.
>>
>>378035512
Of course, how else can i tell tha you are just spouting bullshit. In other words you're just trying to provoke, or you genuinely don't know what a mary stue is you prebuscent little shit
>>
>>378034836
But he didn't say that. He specifically said that the princess would never show up, and even if she did it wouldn't do any good.

>>378035409
>they're so fucking BORING, there's nothing interesting about them at all. You are severely overestimating the extent of celica and alm's characteristics.
How can I be overestimating something I know? It isn't an estimation.
>>
>>378035595
Whether the premise is new or not doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the end result, which is where Fates fell flat on its face.

Echoes was safe and generic but it ended out decent while Fates tried something new, failed at it spectacularly and ended up wasting a somewhat unique setting which just makes its failure even more notable.
>>
>>378035558
The point is that he still got to where he was through sheer effort alone. His royalty doesn't even matter until the very end.
>>
>>378035558
this so much

>>378035827
>>378035818
>>378035724
You have not been exposed to media if you think Alm and Celica are interesting protagonists. They're the heroes of bedtime stories. They're nice to everyone, they're nice even to their enemies, they only want the best for both kingdoms, they want everybody to be happy - this is as stereotypical JRPG protagonist as you fucking get. There's no conflict at all within their personalities, and they undergo zero character development as a result. You're fucking dumb if you think they were anything less than uninspired.
>>
Celica has given me a bare shoulders fetish.
>>
>>378035725
>pretty much raped Celica's mom and left her to die
No, not at all, Celica and her mother were pretty well to do. He was a shit father, but he never "left them to die". Play the game.

The point is that both sides had good points, amd both had issues. It wasn't just praying to a god that may not even exist, it would have been a face to face with a physical goddess who factually blessed the land with good harvests. Meanwhile Alm wanted to charge an entire country's army with a tiny handful of rebels, which is logically suicide.
>>
>>378021946
I miss Alm's pragmatic portrayal, he was supposed to contrast Celica
>>
>>378036179
>cliches are bad

This is how uneducated you are.
>>
>>378036179
You must not have reading comprehension skills to only see the base desires of a character as their entire person.

>they undergo zero character development as a result
Factually incorrect. Play the game.
>>
>>378036360
How can you miss it when it is right there im Echoes?
>>
>>378036365
They ARE bad you fucking dipshit. God you are fucking dumb. Cliches have their uses and most of the time it's unavoidable to write a story without them, but when your entire story and your protagonists are all cliches played completely straight - that's shit writing.

>>378036376
not an argument
>>
>>378036238
Oh, fuck right off. He fucking kidnapped her and took her away from the clergy, impregnated her, and she was utterly miserable to the point that she died shortly after Celica was born. The lady in the desert fortress tells you this shit.
>>
>>378031691
They built up unrealistic expectations of each other over the 10 years and when they actually saw each other, they were both disappointed.
>>
>>378032978
Didnt she hate her dad though?
>>
>>378035864
I rather they try and fail than never try at all. Fates may be garbage but it was interesting to see where Kamui's and Aqua's stupidity would lead them. While Echoes was just going through the motions of a regular FE story. Helps that at the end of every shitty cutscene, I would get some good gameplay as a result. I don't get anything with Echoes.
>>
File: pIf3jtg[1].png (20KB, 899x131px) Image search: [Google]
pIf3jtg[1].png
20KB, 899x131px
>>378035827
Why u always lying

>>378036638
Also she says she never wants Celica to meet Mila as a result
>>
>>378036586
>tropes and archetypes are bad
This is how dumb you are. Take a writing class, college isn't that expensive, it might broaden your perspective.
>>
>>378034676
>Saber
>Atlas
>Jesse

And while you're right about Alm since best girl Matilda is taken and Tatiana is all over 'Zeke''s dick, there's still Clair.
>>
>>378034324
>"Farmboy who turns out to be a prince teams up with a ragtag group of heroes to fight an ancient evil." No twists or even attempts to be anything more
I actually prefer this. The whole "protagonist who is born by the union of two gods and gets all the girls wet at the mere sight of him" got really old. Nice to see another classic Fire Emblem and not a shonen waifu game
>>
>>378036586
Do you know what a cliche is?

You're so fucking idiotic that you cannot comprehend that a story is built around cliches? Cliches are not just "overused character archetypes" for crying out loud, they are essential building blocks to a fucking story.

NOTHING is original, and you're immature as fuck to even think so.
>>
>>378036663
He still insulted the royal family as a whole.
>>
>>378036984
Pretty clear he only insulted the king, who was a known shit. Especially considering he was willing to cede leadership of the Deliverance over to the secret princess if she was ever found, and would happily head back to Ram.
>>
>>378036715
I would pretty pretty annoyed if I was told that I could solve a war and famine just by "showing up and doing royalty stuff". Alm had no clue what he was talking about.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (64KB, 581x480px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
64KB, 581x480px
>>378036586
>cliches are character-specific
Please educate yourself.

A cliche is often used as a negative connotation because it expresses something that is overused or overdone. But just because thats the case, it doesn't mean that the story is going to be bad and its more about how well you use the cliche when writing it. Infact cliches are pretty much necessary to writing, no one idea is ever original and is usually inspiration for something
>>
>>378036762
>>378036870
I minored in English and I've actually been published twice in short fiction mags. Cliches and tropes aren't even the same fucking thing. Cliches are by definition trite and hackneyed. A "too-old-for-this-shit" detective dies 3 days from retirement - that's a cliche. That's bad fucking writing, and Alm and Celica are equally badly written.

Then again, I'm not surprised that Echoesfags who think the game has good writing cannot grasp even the basic fundamentals of good writing.

>>378036858
Corrin was a godawful protagonist, but that doesn't mean Alm is a good one.
>>
>>378035981
He got his position as head of the deliverance thanks to his grandfather, Mycen, 's good name. His father also set up his destiny for him, he also had training that other soldiers didn't have as the grandson of a hero and the special blood needed to wield Falchion / Regal Sword. He even marries the princess that he knew for a week instead of the villager girl who he grew up with. Just really bad, contradictory, writing.
>>
>>378037328
No you dumb motherfucker. Cliches don't have a negative connotation, BY DEFINITION cliches are trite, overused, and lazy. What you're thinking of is a trope. Those are two different things. The fact you don't even realize the difference between the two just goes to show how stupid people who like Echoes writing are.
>>
>>378037342
>complains about cliches and unoriginal ideas
>gloats about publishing fucking fanfiction
>minor in english

Is this bait? Are you seriously telling me that characters such as celica and alm are bad writing because its been done before? Do you listen to yourself when you talk?

Worst yet you are criticizing a story that was essentially "original" in its time.

You are legit retarded, its not worth continuing this argument with you.
>>
>>378037131
Alm: Nrgh… If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear I was speaking to a blue blood. My station doesn’t matter, Celica. I’m here because I was called. I have a duty to perform, and I’ll perform it. No more, and no less.
Celica: Oh, Alm…
Alm: Do you think I WANTED this fight? This all started because Lima IV went and angered the empire. If you wish to point fingers, point them at the ruler who failed his people. It’s his fault we’re in this mess.
Celica: That’s not… Well, so what if it is? Maybe you should go become king if it’s such a damnably easy job!

He insulted her to her face, bro.
>>
>>378034446
He mean echoes turned him into a shounen protag, and he doesnt act like he does in his pic related in echoes. I'm guessing the picture is alm dialogue in awakening
>>
>>378037793
And yet she had to concede that he was right.
>>
>>378037729
>doesn't understand the difference between short fiction and fanfiction
holy fuck you're stupid

Nothing in media is original, but there are some things that's been repeated so many times people are sick of seeing them. Those are cliches. Stock-standard heroes who turn out to be royalty are as cliche as you get, and that's even without going into how uttery bland their personalities are.
>>
>>378037793
What by pointing out that the previous king fucked up?
>>
>>378037342
I have a Masters degree in Creative Writing. The fact that you seriously think Alm and Celica are cliched is laughable. It shows how much a minor in English gets you. I never claimed cliches and tropes were the same. YOU did.
>>
>>378037948
>>378038014
>If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear I was speaking to a blue blood.
After she just asked why he would make himself a target by forcing further conflict. Defending would have been far smarter and safer.
>>
>>378038058
I'd ask for a refund if I were you. The fact you think Alm and Celica are well-written shows your degree is worth less than the paper it's printed on.
>>
>>378035409
Fernand and Berkut were so shitty. Neither of them do anything of consequence except when Berkut sacrifices his girl that we're given no reason to care about whatsoever. They get carried by the voice acting and a few good lines.
>>
>>378021946
What the fuck happened in 2012
>>
I hate nuCelica. She's such a fucking bad character. Like, forget about the "oh so quirky" anime trip when she runs up the stairs, and then the "oh so quirky" (yes it was that quriky) way she jumps and grabs the boy she knew for a week and knocks over the orange boxes, and nearly sends them flying out of the caste, she's just annoying. Then poor Alm has no idea what he did wrong while he rounds on him for protecting his country. The only difference between Alm fighting a corrupt Zofia and Celica fighting some pirates is the scale. All that aside, Celica and Conrad are both bastards (i.e. Conrad's mother was some Rigelian, Celica's mother was some priestess forced into a relationship) and she still circumnavigates his claim. So it's okay for her, but not for Alm. Not sure why anyone likes this character.
Well, actually, I am. It's the same reason people like Tharja. "Cummies!". Really lame.
>>
File: 1465474885961.jpg (97KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465474885961.jpg
97KB, 960x960px
>>378034324
So you're saying... Echoes is a Fire Emblem game?

Better than Waifu Emblem: Rise of the Corrinsexuals.
>>
>>378038325
did this pasta come from reddit or what
>>
>>378031946
I want to beat her, body only so no one ever finds out!
>>
Echoes is a shit game. Everyone agrees.
>>
>>378038274
Wow, you, your pulp fiction, and your third world English "education" sure showed me. They aren't amazing breakthrough characters, but they are head and shoulders above literally any other FE protagonists in terms of characterization and growth.
>>
>>378038315
DLC cancer.
>>
>>378038449
Love this epic Reddit meme that Fire Emblem always had bad writing. FE1's is a straightforward exiled prince story, and FE3 is about them dealing with the consequence of a political marriage made in FE1. FE4/5 are accepted to have a great story. FE6 matches up with the rag tag team description, and FE7's story is just a straight-up copy of TRS' story. Genuinely not sure where this meme is from, I'm adamant that it's just a meme /v/edditors push when they want to excuse bad writing in Awakening. Sad, really. Echoes/Gaiden also lacks major Fire Emblem elements, like map design, the weapons triangle (which did feature in the FE1/3 remakes) and durability. The only people who like it are retards who eat up anything new.
>>
Post more yandere Faye
>>
File: Celica_Maeve_Echoes_Model.png (89KB, 260x156px) Image search: [Google]
Celica_Maeve_Echoes_Model.png
89KB, 260x156px
>>378023654
Just buy it as Downloadable Content, friend. Only $1.99, or $44.99 for the Season Pass! You don't want her to be an underpowered waifu, do you?
>>
>>378038546
It's not but keep talking to yourself like it is.
>>
>>378037342
Hes really not that good. I just prefer the straightforward underdog army fighting against evil boogeyman empire storyline without any bloated base building and eugenics mechanics
>>
>>378038814
>evil country invades good country
>"war is bad"
>a dragon's behind it

oh, and the villain is the ugliest guy

there you go. Every single FE story ever.
>>
>>378038814
As much as I dislike Echoes I don't think the weapon triangle would work in it.
>>
File: King Zephiel.png (823KB, 591x796px) Image search: [Google]
King Zephiel.png
823KB, 591x796px
>>378039025
>Zephiel
>ugly
The fuck did you just say?
>>
>>378039025
Even in the first FE, it's Gharnef who's behind it because he's a bitter twat. Is that all your Redditors can do, spout memes?
>>
>>378038814
>cliches are good for other fe games, but not gaiden which is widly known to have the best protagonists
Fuck off.
>>
>>378039025
>a dragon's behind it
Dragons are the Jews of Fire Emblem
>>
>>378039025
Garon isn't really ugly. He fucked a lot of bitches.
>>
>>378039415
Is this the new Reddit opinion?
>>
>>378039327
And Gharnef wanted to use...?
>>
File: Ferd-ashera.png (1MB, 1244x1315px) Image search: [Google]
Ferd-ashera.png
1MB, 1244x1315px
>>378039025
Ashera from Radiant Dawn was pretty hot
But yeah you're pretty much correct for the most part.
>>
>>378039508
Yes, hating Echoes's story is the nee reddit opinion.
>>
>>378039261
>replying to nu-males that only played nu-emblem
>>
File: latest.png (698KB, 874x764px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
698KB, 874x764px
>>378039025
>oh, and the villain is the ugliest guy

???
>>
>>378039793
he's not the villain. Jedah, Slayde, and Desaix are the villains
>>
>shit plot, Celica goes full retard
>terrible map design. Open fields on Alm's side, deserts and swamps on Celica's side
>fucking Cantors that can summon up to 8 additional enemies
>witches that can literally teleport anywhere to hit any one of your team which is fucking bullshit and throws any strategy out of the window
>Cantors that summon witches
>>
>>378039567
He used dragons, but dragons weren't behind it. Rudolf is behind the events of FE2, a cult leader named Manfoy is behind the events of FE4 and FE5, some salty Emperor is behind the events of FE6, Nergal is behind the events of FE7, The Demon King (not a dragon) is behind the events of FE8. Dragons exist in the universe, so of course they have a role to play. It's like complaining because there are humans behind some events in Fire Emblem. It's retarded.
>>
>>378021946
>it's been 5 fucking year since awakening
fuck
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.png (77KB, 196x253px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.png
77KB, 196x253px
/v/ is the only place I've seen that's been this negative about Echoes (and I say /v/ but even then, you can tell it's just the same 4-5 or so posters because of the similar posting styles and that Elise poster that always posts the same thing over and over)

Everywhere else knows this game is pretty much just the Zelda II of the series and is enjoying it for what it is, just a different type of Fire Emblem from the norm. It's too different from every other game, it's doing it's own thing. And it's fun in its own way. Not to mention the presentation is off the charts with this entry, it's hard not to get sucked in and enjoy it. And yes, aside from a few small nitpicks, I do think the story and characters are all pretty damn great. It has the tone of a Classic FE Awakening and Fates sorely lacked.
>>
File: 1469001015324.jpg (341KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1469001015324.jpg
341KB, 1500x1500px
i challenge my fate
>>
Have they announced if the next FE is going to be a new one or a remake?

>ISIS announces a remake of FE7 and 6
>Both games are going to be combined into one game
>Tactician will become a self insert unit
>Marriages from 7 will affect the kids in 6
The autism fallout would be unparalleled

On the other hand it would actually be cool if they remade Por and RD into one game and fixed RD shitty support system.
>>
>>378040118
How can you like the characters when you only get to know a handful of them. Most of your army only has one or two supports and never says anything in the story.
>>
>>378040118
>the Zelda II of the series
Why do numales, without fail, always go right to Zelda? It's it the numale equivalent of a food analogy?
>>
>>378040364
Please no its my favourite FE.
>>
>>378040421
They have a lot to say outside of support conversations, you get to know a lot about them through base convos.
>>378040454
Because it's an accurate comparison, you memespouting fuck.
>>
>>378040454
because people actually know Zelda unlike this backwater series
>>
>>378040454
It's the Wanderers from Ys of the Fire Emblem series. Does that make your retarded little mind feel a tiny bit better?
>>
>>378031946
>That one pixel of panty
M
U
H

D
I
C
K
>>
>>378040421
Welcome to Fire Emblem.
>>
>>378040118
Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. The gameplay pales in comparison to the previous games.
>>
>>378040812
I disagree.
>>
When does this franchise get good?
>>
>>378041002
Genealogy
>>
>only place you can farm Gold Marks outside of DLC is the bottom of Thabes Labyrinth
>if you're at the bottom of Thabes Labyrinth, you there's no reason to farm Gold Marks because you already beat the hardest thing the game has to offer
fucking stupid
>>
File: 1473803920059.jpg (17KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1473803920059.jpg
17KB, 268x284px
>tfw i enjoy every entry in the series
>>
>>378040616
You've already revealed to me that you're a numale. I can't feel better, knowing that you exist.
>>
>>378034324

FATHER CAN'T BE EEEEVULLLLLLLL!

Bazinga.
>>
File: 1457985669818.png (729KB, 646x654px) Image search: [Google]
1457985669818.png
729KB, 646x654px
>>378041096
Me too

Isn't being able to enjoy things nice?
>>
Why do people say Conquest had good gameplay? The maps were all gimmicky and you could still rely on the cheese tactics that gets you through every other game in the series.
>>
>>378040585
Yeah but they don't do anything in the story. Instead of 4-8 well written characters that command legions of soldiers, who then talk and react throughout the story and have proper development, we get two dozen animu nobodies who aren't even necessary to the gameplay (let alone the story) because the series is purposefully imbalanced.

Now with an added dose of cancer-inducing 3DS models and no unique aesthetic in sight.

>pick your hair color and/or tits and favorite arbitrary class and enjoy the schlock, idiots
-Intelligent Systems, 1990-2017
>>
>>378041090
Why are you farming gold? You only need a few to make the good shit and you get over 10 during the main story. I had like 13 when I beat it and I spent a few already.
>>
>>378041560
You can't really abuse 1-2 range until Xander and he was a mistake. He also still has trouble with Endgame Lunatic.
>>
>>378041560
it was marketed as the dark souls of fe and impressionable kids ate it up
>>
>>378021946
why is 2012 Celica a loli?
>>
>>378041560
By people I assume you mean Fates-kun. Pretty sure it's just one guy.

I don't know, either. I've never had a Fire Emblem map surprise me, gameplay, visually, or otherwise. They don't look cool, the setting of the maps themselves are wortheless because the stories are always trash, and the strategy element is rendered moot unless you play on a difficulty that increases the enemy's stats so high that there is then only one way to beat every map.

Shit's retarded. Tactics Ogre & FFT might be slow, but they've got more going on without resorting to dragon spots. Not to mention they have story and characters and a good, unique artstyle.
>>
File: 1495494566409.jpg (969KB, 1974x2099px) Image search: [Google]
1495494566409.jpg
969KB, 1974x2099px
>>378024139
>"Warrior Princess" isn't as popular.
I'm a fatefag myself but I feel like Saber is to blame for this
>>
File: IMG_8818.png (212KB, 328x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8818.png
212KB, 328x561px
>>378041863
Guest artist and no quality control.
>>
>>378041863
Because Awakening had shitty artwork. Also I think the artist who drew Celica does porn.
>>
>>378041002
Only FE4 was decent. There was a real reason to have child units in that game.
>>
>>378039025
>Not wanting to smash lyon's boipussy
Gaybo
>>
File: echoes-021.jpg (586KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
echoes-021.jpg
586KB, 1280x720px
>>378040946
>fatigue is pointless with all the food the game throws at you. Doesn't even reduce any of your regular stats
>one of the easiest games in the series
>none of improvements Fates brought to the series like improved weapon triangle or weapon effects
>no replay value, even when compared to the other games in the series
>overpriced DLC that makes the game easier than it needs to be
>dungeons are linear, boring, and repetitive
>maps are fucking atrocious, they have no thought or effort put into them
>mages and dread fighters are over powered as fuck
>can't switch weapons unless you go to the convey. Literally no reason this has to happend, just completely pointless

The only thing from this game that's good is learning skills from weapons and even that a bit jank.
>>
File: XE1YX2G.png (179KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
XE1YX2G.png
179KB, 512x512px
>>378039793
The rigelian empire is full of handsome men
>>
>>378040718
It's a shadow.
>>
File: this_guy_gets_it.png (626KB, 577x751px) Image search: [Google]
this_guy_gets_it.png
626KB, 577x751px
>>378042708
>>
>>378042708
>Fates
>improved weapon triangle
Here's your (You)
>>
>>378040585
>They have a lot to say outside of support conversations, you get to know a lot about them through base convos.
>a lot to say outside of supports
>get to know a lot about them
>a lot
Three base conversations consisting of a couple lines a piece do not "a lot" make. Getting character scraps handed to you in these tiny doses of the character talking AT Alm or Celica does not compare to even short support conversations which have the benefit of being complete dialogues that build up two characters simultaneously.
>>
File: shade.jpg (329KB, 441x600px) Image search: [Google]
shade.jpg
329KB, 441x600px
When does the character dlc come out? I kind of want to buy Shade but that's it.
>>
>>378042708
Oh and forgot Mila's turnwheel which should have been disabled on hard, supports are trash, and a Lunatic mode should have been added.

>>378043183
Another idiot who hasn't play Fates and Echoes yet think he knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>378042708
I legit forgot fatigue was in the game till Alm got fatigued during the bit where he has to go solo to get the Falchion.
>>
>>378043435
>Lunatic Witches
>Lunatic Cantors

Yeah, no. Fuck that.
>>
>>378043435
>silver weapons
>>
>>378043579
They're for dual strikes.
>>
>3 random Rigelian generals are better than fucking Camus
Ok
>>
>>378021946
Do you have one of alm too?

I wonder why it went from brave leader to shonen pussy moral fag
>>
>>378043524
It would have added much need strategy to the game.

>>378043579
Like the other guy said. It can be also be used for high priority targets like bosses. Such a shame that Conquest gets shit on despite being one of the best in the series gameplay wise because it's too hard and requires the player to think.
>>
>>378044140
>Like the other guy said. It can be also be used for high priority targets like bosses. Such a shame that Conquest gets shit on despite being one of the best in the series gameplay wise because it's too hard and requires the player to think.
It's shamed because the story is shit and the gameplay is full of gimmicks.
>>
>>378042796
of Valentia
>>
>>378044442
Cleaver.

Only Camilla and Olivia wear panties
>>
>>378043853
Millenials happened
>>
File: NuibabaEchoes.png (98KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
NuibabaEchoes.png
98KB, 250x250px
I want to titfuck Nuibaba!
>>
>>378043810
He got weak when he hit his head.
>>
>>378044140
Exploiting gimmicks != good gameplay
>>
>>378042468
tfw youre not Lyons type.
>>
>>378021946
Considering how stupid it was in the original, I think this time around the game does a better job of justifying Celica's idiocy by having the sub-text of her essentially not-wanting Alm to be anywhere near Rudolf due to her prophetic dream that she had. Looked through that lense it's just her being emotional, although it does bring up the question as to why she doesn't go 'I had a dream where you died fighting Rudolf so don't go to war with him.' When you're working with a barebones plot like Gaiden it's the best you can do, though.

Also if one of you faggots could justify to me why you're all complaining about Alm's lack of pragmatism when he still acts like a level-headed and pragmatic dude even when he's now moral-fagging (e.g. his conversation about whether or not to save Delthea) be my guest.
>>
>>378045636
i'm just happy he's not Corrin, both have similarity's but i'd say Alm is a better well rounded character.
>>
File: 1491303580830.png (211KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
1491303580830.png
211KB, 300x377px
>>378041096
>He plays and enjoys video games
>>
>>378022960
nice job you spoiler me the whole game you retard cunt
>>
Just got to fear mountain cave, is that worth exploring?
>>
>>378027046
thats the opposite you now let him to bleed out and he will suffer , the conpassionate stab is a kill
>>
>>378044320
What's wrong with gimmicks?
>>
Why didn't Mila degenerate like Duma and the other Divine Dragons?
Why did Mila seal away the Falchion to save Duma when he clearly sent Rudolf to kill her?
>>
>>378039576
The Senate is the villian in RD though. Ashera just shows up and decides to kill everyone, she wasn't some scheming fucker like Gharnef.
>>
I'm glad that Alm's party gets both Warp and Rescue, I can have people bungee into the enemy.
>>
>>378046705
But if you're after the scheming fucker then it's actually Sephiran and he isn't butt-ugly
>>
>>378046260
kek
>>
>>378042708
You can do this to every other game. Echoes is literally the best game on the 3ds and it's not even a contest.
>>
>>378046849
>filthy sub-human
He's ugly where it counts.
>>
File: 1494355242827.png (34KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1494355242827.png
34KB, 196x197px
>>378021946
Requesting titties or memes

Your call
>>
>>378046898
Bait post. Here is your (you)
>>
>>378046609
because its a shitty anime game and the writers aren't educated, experienced, or cultured enough to work out plotholes like this
>>
>>378047053
>>
>>378046849
Sephiran did nothing wrong.
>>
File: f5a.png (18KB, 559x600px) Image search: [Google]
f5a.png
18KB, 559x600px
>>378046176
you know it
>>
>>378046609
Also how did Mila's remains end up in Duma Tower?
>>
>>378045181
What do you mean by gimmicks? Please, explain to me how fates maps have gimmicks.

Do you just want every map to be flat with everyone having equal stats with no one character being better than another? Because if you are you aren't looking to play fire emblem.
>>
>>378042708
fatigue starts to matter in lategame and postgame
chapter 1 and 2 are easy but later maps ramp up difficulty
weapons have effects
you can choose not to use certain characters, choose to reclass them, or even use two characters in the other army
some of the dlc doesnt make the game easier but provides more story instead
some dungeons are somewhat complex and loop back on themselves in interesting ways (under the castle, fear mountain)
most maps are shit but some are okay and even interesting to play in
mages are only good, not op. their shit movement really holds them back.
you can trade weapons between units, and it has to be this way because letting you hold more than one item would break the balance of the game (stacking ring + wep boosts)

that said, i actually agree with everything you said. to a degree anyway
for example, the the dlc is indeed overpriced and a lot of the maps are pretty bad, but you're still not absolute on any point you brought up.
>>
>>378047480
You serious?
Fuga's Wild Ride
Legend of Zelda: Ryoma's Jars
Ninja cave
The boat with multiple enemy bosses
And that's not even getting into Rev
>>
>>378040364
I want a FE7 remake a ton mostly because I am under the impression that I could S Lyn which is what I wanted to do ever since I played it as a teenager

Having an aged MU would be pretty kick-ass too
>>
>>378040118
I really do enjoy it for what it is I just don't like faggots who go on and on about how Echoes is a return to FE's roots and love it just out of spite for Awakening/Fates. But fuck it, this fanbase is dumb and I'm not going to dislike Echoes nor Conquest because of them.
>>
>>378048019
And how are these bad? Because they have a actual layout with good enemy placement? The maps have various objectives that require more than just baiting the enemy and winning. You need to use the maps layout to your advantage to win.
>>
>>378046293
Ye, do it, I think that's where you get the Speed Ring.
>>
FE7 remake is guaranteed to have a robin-like tactician character.

Wouldn't be surprising if FE6 remake got one as well.
>>
>>378049000
If you comeback here with those goalposts you'll see what I was responding to was somebody asking how fates has gimmicks.
Although that said, the jar one is shit because it's difficulty is about as unfair to the blind player as enemy phase reinforcements
>>
>>378034324
>Alm is the bog-standard "good" protagonist, like Roy and Eliwood
Did you even play fe7? The entire fucking game past the lyn prologue is just taking a giant shit on eliwood and showing that he's a useless garbage that cant do anything, and every time he tries to do something he ends up killing people he loves. His stubbornness and unflinching moral stance puts him at odds with every neutral kingdom and potential ally except for the few dozen ragtag fools that join his party - most of them defectors, mercenaries, pirates, or other wanted figures that have little choice but to attach themselves to his surprisingly well-funded extranational military group. The fact that he turns out to be right and the black fang had to be stopped immediately because he was moments away from starting a second apocalypse was entirety coincidental - he had no clue Nergal was planning to reopen the dragon gate until he walked in on Nergal trying to reopen the dragon gate.
>>
>>378038229
>Defending would have been far smarter and safer.
Safer for the northern half of the country, who have their souls eaten by duma witches or some shit? Yes, it would be safer for alm if he never left his hometown, which is what celica is arguing, but alm wants to help everyone who is wronged by the conflict and cant just sit in his hands and watch then die.
>>
>>378049784
They didn't enroach in other countries until after Nergal tried to open the dragon's gate the first time, so after they already knew of the danger, and had the leader of the Lycian Alliance's blessing before they went into Bern, Uther knew what he was risking, when he did this
>>
They meant to say Alm and Celica's relationship would never truly work out, and after one really bad fight Alm will leave her for someone else.

Like a childhood friend, maybe.

haha
>>
File: 13.png (1MB, 1186x1600px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
1MB, 1186x1600px
>>378047854
>fatigue starts to matter in lategame and postgame
>chapter 1 and 2 are easy but later maps ramp up difficulty
They literally don't. You have so much food it doesn't even matter.

>weapons have effects
Not to the same extent as Fates. The majority are worthless. Only shit like + crit which are beneficial rather than having negative effect to balanced them out.

>you can choose not to use certain characters, choose to reclass them, or even use two characters in the other army
Not much replay value when the games did this plus more. The maps themselves aren't fun to play and dungeons have no variation so you don't want to slog through them again.

>some of the dlc doesnt make the game easier but provides more story instead
A lot of the DLC makes the game easier like 4 tier classes. That story shit should have been in the base game, Fates did the same bullshit.

>some dungeons are somewhat complex and loop back on themselves in interesting ways (under the castle, fear mountain)
>two
The dungeons should have more variation. They should be SMT/Zelda like with puzzles and giant labyrinths.

>most maps are shit but some are okay and even interesting to play in
Only Alm has sorta okay maps because they aren't boring as fuck to play just terribly design. Celica had the worst maps with desert and boat garbage.

>mages are only good, not op. their shit movement really holds them back.
Their fix hit rates hold them back, they still destroy everything do to the enemies having low RES.

>you can trade weapons between units, and it has to be this way because letting you hold more than one item would break the balance of the game (stacking ring + wep boosts)
Only Alm has access to the convoy. If you want to switch to another weapon that a another unit doesn't have you drag his ass other there. They could have just balanced the game better.

>>378049772
>unfair
The game tells you what the pots do at the beginning. Don't start breaking pots whenever.
>>
>make the setup so that Ragnarok can 2 turn Jedah
>"Duma's Gift nullified the attack!"
Why was this allowed ?
>>
>>378024139
>Lucina
>Warrior Princess is not popular
What?
>>
>>378051125
Not even in your dreams, Faye
>>
Priestess is literally the class I always wanted. Name it something else and make it avaiable for both genders in the Switch game and they got a sale.
>>
>>378051164
get gud
>>
File: 1354925274048.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1354925274048.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>start playing, get introduced to Faye
>think she's just another meek, shy girl with an unrequited crush
>get her C rank support with Alm
>"Hello Alm, I'm going to kill all your enemies for you, hee hee"
>pic related
>>
File: Horse people.jpg (220KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Horse people.jpg
220KB, 400x240px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>378052343
*unzips ridersbane*
>>
>>378051781
Mage fighter/Mage hero in FE4 is similar, but there's no point in using swords with them, so they just end up being discount sages. Not that sage is a class everyone should have access to.
>>
>>378052107
>Faye and Silque support
>Hey Faye since we're two of the few females in this army I'd like to be friends
>Fuck off bitch you're not Alm
>O-oh

>Rank B
>Hey Faye I though we could talk about Alm since you seem to like him so much
>Fuck off whore, talking about Alm isn't fun when Alm isn't here. Stop bothering me.

I haven't gotten A rank yet but I was completely expecting some sweet farm girl but Faye's kind of a turbo cunt
I actually like her a lot more like this than just being Mozu with a crush on the main character
>>
>>378052434
Yeah, forgot about them, they were pretty cool too but I barely used them since the only Mage Hero promoted too late.
>>
I don't like fire emblem but i'm enjoying Echoes a lot, there's a lot less squeaky female voices and shit isn't crammed with waifus.
>>
>>378052540
She gets a bit less cunt in rank A, she apologizes and agrees to have chats with Silque.
>>
File: Delthea_Echoes.png (257KB, 370x594px) Image search: [Google]
Delthea_Echoes.png
257KB, 370x594px
>>378052726
But it has better girls than Fates
>>
>>378049772
No it isn't. How is the jar one unfair? It tells you what jars are good and bad. You are timed on it from the start so you shouldn't be turtling enough for the reinforcements to get to you. Just because you can't read that the pots tell you if they are good or bad and are colour blind doesn't make the map bad.

It is a gimmick map sure, but at least it isn't route or seize like most maps
>>
>>378052961
I want to know why they went with a shitty breastplate instead of just having her in a robe or something
>>
>>378053047
because then they can't show off those lickable loli thighs
>>
Is I just bad or is Act 4 a big difficulty spike?
Suddenly Dread Fighters and Gold Knights are raping my boypussy.
>>
>>378052107
Note that Faye gains hit/crit as her support with Alm goes up, but she loses avoid.
>>
File: 1493726932254.png (185KB, 481x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493726932254.png
185KB, 481x600px
>>378053083
I want to commit a crime
>>
>>378053208
you did promote your units as fast as possible right?

this isn't like other FE's where you have to wait for max level to promote
>>
>>378053451
I promoted everyone as soon as I could.
Alm's group seems all right, but Celica's group is getting wrecked in these swamp maps. The Pegasus Sisters alone can't carry me.
>>
File: 1487039498276[1].png (749KB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1487039498276[1].png
749KB, 1600x1920px
>>378021946
>>
>>378053550
You're letting the Pegasus Sisters carry you? Instead of the Merc Squad of Double Crits?
>>
>>378053664
They get swarmed in the swamp and die.
>>
>>378053550
It was the same for me for a bit, until I gave Saber the blessed sword and had him kill hordes of terrors, and now he is as good as Catria.
>>
Why the fuck are all the Valm locations in Awakening completely inconsistent with the original locations in Gaiden/Echoes?
>>
>>378053556
Why are the Whitewings so shit character-wise?
Catria pines for a married prince, Palla pines for Est's husband, Est is retarded and doesn't understand her sisters' feelings.
>>
>>378054030
They just didn't care
>>
>>378054272
og pegasluts?
>>
>>378054272
Palla's victory pose is really cute though.
>>
File: 1489721959188.png (23KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
1489721959188.png
23KB, 212x172px
How the FUCK do you hit Jedah? Atlas can two tap his ass but I can't get a hit in.
>>
>>378053827
Mae and Sonya?
>>
>>378054783
Kill the terrors and wait for him to get bored, he won't attack you.
>>
>>378054378
They were obviously intentional references to Gaiden, so whoever decided to put those areas in the game was obviously aware of their original locations on Valentia's map. They explicitly went out of their way to choose a new location for a returning area instead of taking the easy option and just leaving it where it should be. What's the point of even making a reference if it's going to completely inconsistent with the source material?
>>
>>378054685
>>
>>378054783
>Atlas can two tap his ass
How? With the cursed sword?
>>
>>378054685
Her victory pose justifies being a turbo-whore who calls out to her sister's husband as she dies?
>>
File: Atlas.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>378055159
Retard strength
>>
>>378055429
>tfw made him a Cav
Fuck me, how am I supposed to kill Jedah when magic seems to not effect him.
>>
>>378055578
get your 4 Dread Fighters to slap his shit

you did get Deen right?
>>
>>378055792
No and each one doing 2 damage to him won't be enough
>>
Awakening Alm is the one that's wrong because it tried to portray him as some badass when he was just your average nice guy in the original. Echoes Alm is a lot closer to the original.
>>
>>378035558
This is why I believe Alm is a shitty Ike.
>>
>>378021946
The modern anime aesthetic really is cancer. I don't understand how any of you self respecting weebs are still weebs.
>>
>>378056160
Alm doesn't hijack the plot of a game and kill any and all chance of the new characters getting real development so he's still better.
>>
So will the next game be a new FE, a worlds best surprise BBQ remake, or different remake?
>>
>>378054887
Fuck he left right when I was gonna kill him. Rip shield.
>>
>>378036858
You Echoesfags really will defend anything.
>>
>>378054030
gaiden was such a literally who until the remake that not even IS played gaiden and they made it
>>
>>378054783
>>
>>378047069
>most weapons are useless because of the stat nerfs and all the good units have god weapons anyway
>Brought back no durability
>Fates brought in the worst RN system
>DLC that gets rid of the whole point of not being able to traverse a map
>Almost no reason to swap off the iron weapons for the most part
>Half your team are just used as backpacks for the other half
I'm sure there is many more I'm just not thinking of but someone is probably willing to add them
>>
>>378054983
You could always chalk it up to "1000 year timeskip so things change geographically"
>>
>>378056365
>implying they had a chance when the game tried to have like 50 playable characters
>>
>>378039259
It would if IS wasn't lazy and redid the maps.
>>
>trying to get the Draco shield
>Killed most of the generics and weakened Slayde with Lukas
>One more hit and Slayde will retread to heal and then I can lure him around the map with Claire
>Crit
>Slayed ded

Fuck this shit. Can I at least get it later or am I fucked?
>>
>>378056994
Camus and the 3 sisters show up though
>>
>>378056956
I'm sorry you can't just handaxe your way to victory anymore
>>
>>378056365
>hijack
Maybe it was always meant to be his game.
>>
>>378057172
There are no playable axe-wielders in Gaiden so the weapon triangle wouldn't work without making a bunch of new characters. It has nothing to do with the maps.
>>
>>378057172
There are no playable characters who use axes. They'd have to rework a lot more than just the maps.
>>
>>378057227
You should have just pulled Slayde on over to a forest and let him beat up someone who wouldn't die.
You can get Dracoshields later, but its annoying.
>>
>>378056956
Not sure what you mean about the dlc and not being able to traverse the map thing but ok.

In the other games you mostly use Iron weapons as well, saving your limited personal and better weapons for needed kills, what you are supposed to be doing with the silver weapons. The only difference is Fates saves you the bullshit of having to buy like 20 iron weapons.
You don't have to use the pair up backpack gameplay mechanics as well. You can just have them in attack stance like in classic fire emblem.
The biggest in game backpack, Charlotte, is actually a decent unit for crit and special kills. You can use each and every one though out of their backpack status.
>>
>>378057431
>>378057396
They already added new charatcers. Making an axe-capable class for villagers to class into or adding axes to another class' options would not be as difficult as you believe.
>>
Please tell me that the people defending fates are baiting?
>>
>>378057647
>you can't like this game, I won't allow it
>>
>>378056994
The slumbering remains of gods being completely relocated can't really be chalked down to geographical changes.
>>
>>378057647

Most people defending Fates opening acknowledge the story had issues. It's just that at the very least there was an attempt to try something new, whereas Echoes is much better told, but also more generic story-wise.
>>
Do I just give the devil axe to the village guy asking for an axe?
>>
>>378057803
You never shifted in your sleep before?
>>
>>378058023
There's a splitting axe to pick up in the village I believe.
>>
>>378057508
I meant with the grind maps with the dlc just as comparison to the "DLC that makes the game easier than it needs to be", I only meant to be talking about conquest because nobody cares about birthright too. With the whole thing about just using iron weapons you were much more inclined to use something like a steel blade if a unit has a high constitution I just want constitution back
>>
>>378057431
>There are no playable characters who use axes.

Wow it's not like they couldn't just add new characters like they added Faye and Berkut.

It's the least they could do for game like Echoes that isn't even worth 40 dollars.
>>
>>378057647
Kill yourself, shitposter.

>>378058161
I have that too but what do I do with the devil axe?
>>
>>378057995
People will remember fates story for being bad but it tried to do something. People will forget Echoes completely in a month or so. In my mind Echoes commits the worst crime, nothing is worse than being forgetable.
>>
The Fledgling Warriors Pack and Undaunted Heroes Pack could've easily been one pack that scales with the game's chapters or your team. Instead they decided to split it into two to get more money out of us.

The Lost Altars Pack isn't needed either and IS adding a postgame was likely an excuse to create Overclasses.

Rise of the Deliverance Pack could've easily been put into the base game and unlocked after completing the game a few times to give Echoes some much needed replay value. There are also no new maps and supports are being given to us behind a paywall.

Cipher Companions Pack is most likely the only DLC worth getting because it looks like they actually put some genuine effort into it and what do you know it's also the cheapest.
>>
File: Mae_Damaged.png (1MB, 999x1511px) Image search: [Google]
Mae_Damaged.png
1MB, 999x1511px
>>378044596
What about Mae?
>>
>>378058234
No idea, but it might be needed in a quest or something, better give the villager the regular axe instead of the demonic looking thing that might kill him.
>>
>>378058370
I want to strangle her so I don't have to hear her fucking grating voice
>>
>>378057995
The premise of Fates' story wasn't even that new, it was basically an expanded version of the choice to recruit either Samson or Aran. And there's no point trying something if you're going to not bother putting in any effort towards the execution. Fates' story is an utter trainwreck. If they're too incompetent to write a complex story then they should just stick with a simple plot with flesh-out characters.
>>
>>378058527
>with flesh-out characters.
So not like Echoes then?
>>
>>378057995
Even something safe and more generic like Echoes is infinitely better than the festering shitpile that is Fates' story
>>
>>378054783
How are you getting past Duma's Gift?
>>
>>378058683
That's every FE game when you think about it, there are some exceptions when they try, but for the most part, the best of being fleshed out are the main characters.
>>
>>378058370
canonically BLACKED
>>
Ian Sinclair has a great voice. Dub is great all around, though Catria is pretty stand out "eh".
>>
>>378058805
It isn't that bad, stop exaggerating. It isn't good, but It isn't that bad. You can have fun playing Fates, we are still talking about Fates even after two years. We won't be talking about Echoes after a month or so, and Echoes is not that fun to play.

Maybe fire emblem just isn't for you?
>>
>>378051146
>Not to the same extent as Fates
False. Weapons give a variety of abilities, buffs and debuffs. Let's compare, for example, the Steel Bow and the Iron Bow. The Steel Bow, when mastered, allows for the user to use a highly powerful art that is especially useful against bosses and enemies with high defense due to its high might, whereas the Iron Bow provides an art with a high 30+ hit, which can help counter terrain effects. You need to keep all of this in mind whilst also considering whether or not the extra +1 to Attack on the Steel Bow is worth losing another point in speed in comparison to the Iron Bow.

That's just one example, as-well. The sheer variety in Swords provides plenty of choices like this.

Also there's forging, which is nice.
>>
>>378059062
Mae is eh too. And there is something about Celica's screaming voice when she attacks that makes he want to rape and strangle her.
>>
>>378058683
The characters in Echoes aren't exactly deep but you could make that argument for the vast majority of FE characters. And unlike Awakening/Fates, the lack of marriage mechanics means that every character isn't forced to be marriable, so people can actually die during the story and have characters can actually have relationships that don't feel shallow.
>>
>>378059117
It is that bad anon. I've read hentai that has a better "plot" than Fates, also Fates is horribly unbalanced with the royals being miles better than everyone else
>>
>>378059352
Some of the greatest stories out there are hentai.
>>
>>378059446
It figures that you would think that since Fates' story sucks off Corrin so much
>>
>>378059315
>characters can actually have relationships that don't feel shallow
It's sad that they completely missed the mark on that with Alm and Celica.

>know each other for some period of time when they were kids
>don't see each other for 10 years
>but they're absolutely smitten with each other
>>
>>378059543
? I wasn't even the person you were arguing with. You just implied that hentai=bad story, which made you look really stupid.
>>
>>378059117
>It isn't that bad, stop exaggerating. It isn't good, but It isn't that bad.
It really is that bad if you actually try to think about it for longer than two seconds. Pretty much nothing makes sense. Fates is certainly not a bad game but the story is irredeemable.

>You can have fun playing Fates, we are still talking about Fates even after two years. We won't be talking about Echoes after a month or so, and Echoes is not that fun to play.
Plenty of people are still having fun with Echoes if you actually read the thread. It's mainly about 3-4 posters that constantly shit on Echoes in these threads. And talking about a game doesn't necessarily mean it's good, games like Sonic 06 and Metroid Other M still get discussed quite a lot these days, especially when a new game in their series comes out.
>>
>>378059117
>it isn't even that bad
Next you're going to tell me that Corrin was a decent mc
>>
>>378059571
Childhood marriage promises are a big deal in anime
>>
>game has no axe users
>the Wood Cutter's Axe still has a regular stat set as if it was usable by a party member
what gives isis
>>
>>378059571
They spent a significant period of their childhood together, they'd obviously care deeply about each other. And it's still a significant step up from "I want to marry you because you make nice rhubarb pies".
>>
>>378057384
PoR was his game. He gets no meaningful development in RD and the BK arc in RD was hamfisted as fuck.
>>
>>378056365
To be fair, Micaiah was fucking shit so anything to detract the plot away from her was a good thing.
>>
>>378060223
>significant
It's about a week and a portion of that was alm trying to get her to open up and smile
>>
>>378060223
Except people grow and change as they get older. That's why childhood friend love interests are garbage but so over done. It's a romantic shortcut that avoids giving them any chemistry or even screentime together.

Also I don't think they even knew each other for that long.
>>
>>378060686
It never says it was a week, especially considering that Mycen mentions teaching them both about swordplay which I'm sure would take a lot longer than a fucking week. I figured that it was a few months.
>>
File: Destroyed.jpg (704KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyed.jpg
704KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>378053271
She's too busy staring at Alm to dodge the enemy's attacks.
>>
>>378060879
No, getting rejected just turned her suicidal
>>
>>378058913
>Implying you wouldn't fuck the shit out of Boey's boipuss
>>
>>378060686
It takes more than a week for someone to go from being depressed to being extremely happy. Plus Mycen had to train them up together as well, which would also take a fair bit of time.

>>378060731
It is a shortcut, but be aware that this game is a remake. They couldn't really make Alm and Celica spend more time together without completely making a new game.
>>
>Characters say things like sodding and dastards
>American accents

Who thought this was okay
>>
>>378060804
>>378061245
It's not a significant amount of time given the other villagers are surprised that they're spending so much time together given that she "just" moved in
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>378021946

Celica is a fucking leftist SJW.

Alm wants her vagina.

>tfw Alm can't win
>>
File: 1492060524052.jpg (110KB, 500x813px) Image search: [Google]
1492060524052.jpg
110KB, 500x813px
>>378021946
I really wish they had just updated her original design. It was fucking perfect already.
>>
>>378061467
She "just" moved in relative to the other villagers, who have lived their all their life.
>>
>>378059232
You don't need to consider anything because you can steamroll the game with pretty much any random weapons equipped.

I enjoy the equipment system, but the gameplay does not let it shine whatsoever. You'll never be punished for failing to consider anything you mentioned and you won't be rewarded for going above and beyond with weapon strategy because nothing requires strategy to beat, just big numbers on your characters

Also a lot of the weapon arts were shit and didn't help much anyways. The steel lance armor crusher did fuck all more than a usual hit did, maybe like 20 or 30 percent more against armored enemies at the cost of your hp
>>
>>378059352
Woah! The royal families that are trained by the best teachers and have sacred weapons passed down through generations are amazing units?! Holy smokes! Really mind blowing.

I have read some good rental.

Again the story to Fates isn't good. But had fun with it. At least it isn't boring. It is a lot of things but boring isn't one of them. Fates was kinda like a car crash. You can't look away and I had a blast with the game play parts.
>>
>>378038058
Doctorate of Literature here, this anon is correct.

I teach a class at Harvard on Thursdays and Oxford on Tuesdays, I've also published numerous novels under the pennames of Stephen King, Salman Rushdie, Eric Roth, and Charles Dickens.
>>
>>378039261
>Zephiel
>Villain
You take that back right now.
>>
File: 1440309429993.gif (863KB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
1440309429993.gif
863KB, 358x202px
>mfw Slayde's map on The Last Bastion
I think I prefer big open fields now, thanks.
>>
>>378062006
You will get punished in terms of doubling, at least on hard, to be fair.
>>
>>378062081
Still doesn't change the fact that it's insanely unbalanced and that you're gimping yourself if you don't use the royals, which limits constricts gameplay
>>
>>378062006
This. The game overall is very easy even on Hard, and the 1-weapon system is more restrictive than anything else. They seemed to have greatly toned down effective weaponry. Weapon arts in general suck because they can't double. The only weapon art that stands out in my mind as being good is Killer Bow, and the entire weapon is OP as fuck and shits on every other bow, but that's just bad balance.

>>378062106
kek
>>
>>378037347
>He even marries the princess that he knew for a week instead of the villager girl who he grew up with.

Not a fault.

Childhood friend loses the battle of love 99% of the time in Japanese stories.

She wasn't even in the original game Fire Emblem Gaiden.
>>
>>378037347
t.Faye
>>
>>378034324
Fates has the better background, premise, and ambition. However the writing team was shit and couldn't make it good.

Echoes is insanely offensively generic and cliched. 20 years ago it might be acceptable, but these days it reads like the first generic fantasy fanfic from a teenager and plays every single stereotype, cliche, and tired plot twist straight.
>>
>>378037347
Faye don't make me beat you again.
>>
>>378062498
Ragnarok omega, the killing bow art, the one lance that adds speed to mt is good, the royal blade has that double hit art, falchion has that monado special that's pretty good, I think it's the iron lance that has the ranged art which is decent. These are the ones I remember being pretty good.

Although yeah, many of them are pretty bad, especially the "effective" arts. I'm sure knights and cavs appreciate them but I don't use either outside of Mathilda
>>
>>378062730
Fates had a better premise but it certainly didn't have a better background or ambition.
>>
>>378062730
>However the writing team was shit and couldn't make it good.

Let's not be hasty considering the plot was reorganized.
>>
>>378062851
Fates certainly had the ambition.
Three separate stories spanning three games which gives intimate viewpoints on each side of the conflict to humanize both armies makes for a thoroughly grey and grey situation.

Unfortunately somewhere along the way they ran out of ideas and made the 'true' route stupid and everyone going full retard in their routes mainly due to Azura.
>>
>>378062749
Does her husband have to beat her when she returns from her mysterious disappearances?
>>
>>378063851
Her husband is a literal cuck
>>
>>378062851
It had a much more interesting background by virtue of using something more than "generic middle ages with magic and dragons." Hoshido was actually a great addition in terms of visual design and gameplay, new classes were great. I ain't even weeb.
>>
>>378063443
And somehow it is still one of the most black and white games, ambition doesn't mean shit if you can't do anything with it.
>>
>>378064236
I never argued otherwise. Perhaps you should reread my post.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-25-18-57-37-1.png (146KB, 1080x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-25-18-57-37-1.png
146KB, 1080x1076px
>there are people here who legitimately believe Echoes has worse gameplay than Fates
Echoes is pretty bad. It looks pretty, but it has no depth or replay value.
>>
>>378064458
What are lowmanning, stat benchmarks, and snowballing?
>>
>>378037793
>Maybe you should go become king if it’s such a damnably easy job!
Well he's the future God King remembered for all time while she was forgotten
>>
Not to derail the thread but who should get Lex's paragon in Genealogy, Erin/Fury's kids or Lachesis's? I'm looking to get an overall A ranking.
>>
>>378064821
Lowmanning is funneling exp and other resources to just a handful of units. These units typically snowball into gods.
Stat benchmarks could be a speed requirement to double enemies or an attack requirement to 1RKO in a certain map.
>>
File: echoes review.png (205KB, 1437x1588px) Image search: [Google]
echoes review.png
205KB, 1437x1588px
>>378059232
I'm talking about weapon effects not skills. Like using the brave sword gives -5 defense to the unit to balance out how strong the weapon is.

>>378064458
>>
>>378026878
>>378027046
She was just telling Alm to stab HER in her COOCH with his WANG
>>
>>378066203
that review is more spot-on than I thought. People kept quoting the "reviewer hates the game because no saber x celica marriage"
>>
>>378066203
>Celica and Saber
These people need to be gassed. I hope they keep the MU shit out of these games from now on or at least don't bring back children.

He's right about the other stuff though
>>
>>378037245
That doesn't mean he was wrong. If Celica had done the princess schtick it would have given the Deliverance more legitimacy.
>>
>>378067019
It's a woman who was wet for Saber.
>>
How do i play the Jap DLC?
>>
>>378064360
But you don't deserve any points for ambition I could go out to write the next harry potter and get 5 pages in, I had the ambition, doesn't mean I deserve any points for it.
>>
>>378064458
Nice bait. It does have worse game play.
>>
>>378056276
>>378031946
>>
>>378062271
>python solo
>>
>>378066203
I don't think that dual stance actually adds all that much depth to the combat in any of the Fates games. Ultimately the game eventually funnels you into using pair-up, especially on higher difficulties, in order to make a dent into your enemy. It just ends up being more restrictive than anything as a result.

Also the weapon triangle adds so little to the games that I feel like people are upset about its lack of inclusion.

He's right about the maps and enemy types for the most part, although there are a few exceptions.

Marriage only does anything mechanically meaningful with child characters, and shoe-horning them into everything takes away more from the experience than the eugenics simulator adds. Otherwise complaining his crack pairings aren't canon is stupid.
>>
>>378067804
>Virtually no side objectives
>too many enemies piled up into one area
>Rout/kill boss as the only main objectives resulting in repetitive and linear gameplay
>gameplay that is way too focused on terrain
>Echoes philosophy is tedium = hard
>repeats previous maps several times
>uninspired and bland map design

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>378033175
that's not what he said at all. He said that the princess, if she 'is still alive' (you're making up the >even) can take the place of royalty once the fighting's done
>>
So I told Alm to stab his best friend and he actually did it the absolute madman
>>
>>378021946
>tfw im part of the degenerates that like 2012 design
>>
>>378068895
Why didn't she go insane like Duma?
>>
File: 1485595828957.jpg (92KB, 336x422px) Image search: [Google]
1485595828957.jpg
92KB, 336x422px
>>378066203
>Review mention legitimate complains
>People only remember the marriage part
>>
>>378031946
Was so happy to pull her. Dunno anything about her or her game but her art is awesome and she hits like a truck.
>>
File: 1340339738715s.jpg (6KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1340339738715s.jpg
6KB, 250x188px
>>378037793
>He insulted her to her face, bro.
Reminder that her father literally raped her mother
>>
>>378058370
>>378031946
post more of those high quality pics anon
>>
>>378069483
He's more aggressive and probably utilized his abilities more. So he was probably quicker to succumb to madness
>>
File: IMG_0834.png (488KB, 800x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0834.png
488KB, 800x912px
>>378070032
I want to protect her smile
>>
>>378068648
>I don't think that dual stance actually adds all that much depth to the combat in any of the Fates games.
It does though. It makes unit positioning much more important than the other games now that enemies can use and abuse. It helps weaker units get easier kills off for exp, balances sliver weapons, and it makes sense for units standing side by side together to join used during a fight. Guard stance being a necessity only happens on Lunatic mode during the later chapters like you said.

>Also the weapon triangle adds so little to the games that I feel like people are upset about its lack of inclusion.
This is why Fates triangle is the best since it's affected throughout the whole game. The triangle scales up to the units weapon level to see how much it affects the fight. Having archers and shuriken weapons be apart of the triangle was one of the best decisions ISIS made, since you could always counter them. It really balances them out. It doesn't matter in the previous games since they lose their effectiveness due to every one having high stats after a certain point (like Fates if you grind). ISIS just needs to work on it.
>>
File: 1479527488264.jpg (26KB, 498x352px) Image search: [Google]
1479527488264.jpg
26KB, 498x352px
>>378070306
Her dress is so tight against her body. The man the married her is a lucky lad I tell you what.
>>
Any good places to farm silver? Need to upgrade some stuff
>>
>>378071513
I hear some people like to think her and Saber got together due to her commenting on her liking older dudes. I don't think there's anything more behind that claim, though.
>>
>>378021946
She was worried about Alm and didn't want him doing dangerous things but knew he'd do it anyway so got frustrated and immediately jumped to berating him without even bothering with the show-worry step.
>>
>>378072025
It's just the wishful thinking of some people. Because I'm the one she married.
>>
>After meticulous planning an some tough plays finally take out Hestia Marla and the old faggot with Medusa
>Suddenly Duma moves and attacks Alm
>12% chance
>"Ok that's obviously not goi-"
>It hits
>Alm dies
>Have to start the whole battle over
ok
>>
>>378072295
What, you writing an Erotic YouXGenny fanfic or something?
>>
>>378055380
her sister would've want her husband to live on with a hotter wife
>>
>>378072479
I don't have the writing skill for something like that. If I tried it would come off as sillier than a Nasu sex scene.
>>
>>378036638
I got the impression King Lima had a whole harem of less-than-consensual wives. There was some other woman who got traded to Lima from Rigel in exchange for food supplies.
The game didn't go much detail about what exactly was wrong with Zofia (Life in Rigel was cold and brutal, life in Zofia was too easy and people became "degenerate") but I guess Lima's shenanigans were the main example.
>>
>>378072865
There are some hints about why Zofia is shit. At least 1 villager in Ram states that they all became super lazy because Mila gave them free food and with the drought they don't know what the fuck to do. Pretty much everyone shits on Lima IV for being a lazy asshole with a fancy seraglio that refused to give food to a famine-suffering Rigel. Said laziness also let a ton of pirates take over the seas and the eastern part of Zofia, as well as let obviously-evil guys like Desaix and Slayde stick around and abuse people without any fear of retribution.
>>
>>378027046
hit their hidden pressure point tho disable them.
>>
>>378072617
Write it. I could use a good chuckle.
>>
File: 1494587721426.png (137KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1494587721426.png
137KB, 353x334px
>>378042121
What in fresh hell
Thread posts: 395
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.