/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did they intentionally cast the most annoying fucking voice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (385KB, 407x494px) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
385KB, 407x494px
So did they intentionally cast the most annoying fucking voice actors possible for the companions in this game? I'm only 2 hours in and three of the companions: Jaheira, Xzar, and Imoe make my ears bleed whenever I click on their portraits. Is this because I'm playing the enhanced addition? Was the original game this awful sounding?
>>
I SERVE THE FLAMING FIST
>>
Pretty sure they always had those voices.
BG1 has companions that annoy you by repeating shit, in BG2 they do it by being pretentious twats who need to tell you their life story after every rest and/or lust after your cock.

Almost makes me wish they were all silent
>>
Spare no one!
>>
>>378020651
I don't understand how they could have thought Xzar's "STOP TOUCHING ME" shriek was a good idea.
>>
go for the eyes boo, GO FOR THE EYES AAAAAAAA
>>
HEEEEYA IT'S ME IMOEN
>>
>>378020457
You're a queer fellow.
>>
>>378020648
GET ME OUT OF THIS HELLHOLE
>>
I am Silke

Thespian extraordinaire
>>
>Cheats:DrizztAttacks()
>I've sparred with demons from the nine hells themselves, I shall barely break a sweat here today!
>I've sparred with demons from the nine hells themselves, I shall barely break a sweat here today!
>>
Best BG character coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfA4pvkYNVI
>>
File: Noober.png (10KB, 65x99px) Image search: [Google]
Noober.png
10KB, 65x99px
*block your path*
>>
>>378021823
>best bg character
>can't stand best girl(aka best character) in your party
>>
>>378021823
>literal cuck
>betrays you for Drizzt
>>
>>378021960
But anon he is fine with Imoen.
>>
>>378021960
>pure cleric
No thanks
>>
File: nich5555555.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nich5555555.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>378021823
>wears great armor set
>cannot be sped-up because of it
Were they trying to emulate the experience of having to wait for an old man who cannot keep up?
>>
>>
File: 1487701265033.jpg (257KB, 961x963px) Image search: [Google]
1487701265033.jpg
257KB, 961x963px
>>378020648
GREETINGS MERCENARIES

I AM SILKE

THESPIAN EXTRAORDINAIRE!
>>
>>378020934
You do realize that Xzar is supposed to be a raving lunatic, right?
>>
>>378022052
>cuck
>with minimal encouragement he throws his cheating wife in prison and has her lover executed
>and it turns out the guy was impotent in the first place
>>
>>378020457

My hotel's as clean as an Elven arse.
>>
>>378022879
>and it turns out the guy was impotent in the first place
Is it what his wife said?
>>
>>378021939
>Hey-ya
>>
>>378020648
SO I KICKED HIM IN THE HEAD 'TIL HE'S DEAD NYAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>378022878
doesn't mean he has to sound like THAT.
>>
Nasty times are comin' I reckon
>>
>>378020457
Many of the NPCs in BG1 were deliberately done in an over-the-top manner. There's not much characterization in the first game, so they went with hammy acting to make them memorable. The cast is top notch, with a lot of A+ tier VAs.
>>
>>378023028
He's all over the place. Sometime he talks in a low baritone, sometimes a high-pitched squeal. It's how they make it clear than he's unhinged. There's no other indication of his personality beyond the short blurb in his bio.
>>
BUTT KICKING FOR GOODNESS!
>>
I'm sure the director's instructions to the VAs were along these lines:

>Ok, Mr Welker, this guy is a crazy evil wizard. GO!
>Ok, Mr Cummings, this guy is a justice-loving ranger with a head wound and a pet hamster. GO!
>>
File: Viconia DeVir.jpg (106KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Viconia DeVir.jpg
106KB, 894x894px
>>378023565
Pretty much
>Mrs DeLisle, you know what to do
>>
YER ALL SUCH BIG MEN
>>
>>378023697
Exactly. Most of the cast were already top-rated voice acting veterans. Most of the lines were probably ad-libbed and completely the creations of the actors themselves. You don't force that level of talent into some narrow ideas that dorky game writers might come up with, and they clearly didn't try. It worked extremely well.
>>
>>378021491
GET ME

GE-GE-GE GET ME

GE-GET me OUT OF this Hell HOLE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a516asqvfR4&t=116s&index=2&list=PLBxu-h_98gNVS7sklOpiZp27nLgkLBYdS
>>
They were memorable and every person who played the game can probably think of 10+ lines that are etched into their memory forever. Everyone who has played the game knows every line posted in this thread, down to the intonation and voice quality in which it was uttered.

Today, there are hundreds of thousands of lines of voice acting in a video game probably, to the extent that no phrase will stick in your mind the way an arbitrary phrase in BG2 would.
>>
>Well, if ya wants to go strappin' with yer snab, ye'll first have to put up the socket-money

>Hey sexy! Do ya want to take a look at me ditties?

>Are ya interested in some thrills, darlin'?

>Sheep ain't been puttin' out lately...

Also, Imoen literally asking you to tell her a story about harlots...like the kind Winthrop would always tell her.
>>
Are any of the character mod not shit?
>>
>>378020457
>using Xzar
but why tho, he's shit
>>
>>378026189
Imoen romance mod
>>
>>378025531
Trollops and plug-tails, she says. Imoen confirmed for furry?
>>
does anyone have that image showing powerlevels of all the npcs?
>>
>>378027342
That's Cant. Her speech is peppered with it. She's thirsty af for Charname's bhaalcock.
>>
>>378027459
Would have been interesting if they'd released something with more of Imoen's background. Her bio says she came to Candlekeep ten years after the Protagonist did, so she was a teenager by then. It would seem she grew up around thieves, one of which must have trained her in the disarming of traps and whatnot.
>>
>>378020457
Delete this
>>
>>378027628
You get to learn more about Imoen's background if you have her in your party later on in ToB.
>>
You want some whisky? I got some cheap beer for ya!
>>
I'm more amazed by the annoying as fuck character portraits. Why is Icewind dale literally the only game that did a great job with this?

You don't even have to draw a lot. It's a tiny static square. Literally just pay an intern that's "good at drawing" to doodle on a napkin and scan it.
>>
The main reason I can't play this game.

I cannot stand the repetition of those voices.
>>
File: sound options.png (368KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
sound options.png
368KB, 638x477px
>>378029268
If only there was a way to mute those voices. Wouldn't that be great. Just imagine.
>>
>>378029789

Wouldn't that mute the normal dialogue that isn't repeated every half nanosecond for every single small action as well?
>>
>>378029789
In english doc
>>
>>378029959
Yes, but the game doesn't really have anything other than canned lines that get repeated every half nanosecond. There's a reason this thread is full of quotes, and let me assure you they are not remembered because they are such great lines.
>>
I didn't play BG1 because pathfinding in BG2 gave me PTSD. Any narrow space and your party goes apeshit. Is there a way to fix it for either game?
>>
File: 1325037826922.jpg (13KB, 223x224px) Image search: [Google]
1325037826922.jpg
13KB, 223x224px
>>378030965
>I didn't play BG1 because pathfinding in BG2
>>
>>378020457
Try fallout 4. It was made for people like you.
>>
Life is so hollow
>>
>>378020457
Imoen never bothered me but I absolutely could not stand Jaheira and Khalid. I would never keep them in my party due to how irritating they both were. Minsc is also infuriating.

I don't play evil parties so never had to deal with Xzar.
>>
>>378032360
Its the same engine famperoni
>>
>>378030965
Other than increasing the pathfinding nodes, no. Supposedly they improved it for the EE version but I've never been able to tell the difference.
>>
>>378035441
I played EE and I think it's better.
>>
>>378032408
yeah anyone who doesn't like annoying voice acting must be a casual
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.