[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post shit normies say in a conversation about video games that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 33

File: d821b44d512393f5eeb971989b2c105e.jpg (112KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
d821b44d512393f5eeb971989b2c105e.jpg
112KB, 1280x853px
Post shit normies say in a conversation about video games that are innocent but still slightly annoy you because you're far more knowledgeable about video games and you're kind of smug about it.

I'll start.

>Subject is a game series
>"hey I heard they're making a new one"
>"new one." not even specific about what the new game is called, just the "new one."
>They probably haven't even seen the trailer, just heard it from a friend or saw a post about it online.

or

>Subject is about a new game
>"yo have you seen the new (game)? the graphics are amazing, it looks so real"
>The graphics aren't even exceptional
>The game only stands out to them graphically because they hardly play any games so there isn't much to compare it to.
>>
>>377996887
>normies

you mean normalfags? normie is a sanitized term for redditors/neofags.

anyway, I don't talk to people I know about video games so I don't run into this problem. most people don't even know I play video games.
>>
>>377997324
This OP
Never ever discuss something you know with someone who knows shit about it
>>
>>377997959
>someone who knows shit about it
That means they DO know things about it.
"Shit-all" or "doesn't know shit" would mean they know nothing.
>>
File: 1480251841639.png (71KB, 173x204px) Image search: [Google]
1480251841639.png
71KB, 173x204px
>i play videogames for the story
>>
>>377998054
Autism
>>
>>377997959
>>377997324

This never happened with me initiating the conversation about video games, the normies brought it up.
>>
lol my normie mate watched me play all the splinter cell games then watched me play all the mgs on the hardest setting constantly asking me to while play mgsv while mgs2 3 then i buy a cheap ps3 for mgs4 he watches me play the entire 20 hours of mgs4 still asking me to reinstall mgsv i keep telling it let me down and the story isnt as compelling as the other games

>but anon it looks sick you have 170 hours on in you cant tell me its shit

>download mgsv on my shit internet just so he can play

>he immediately gets in a tank and after fucking around with it for a few minutes gets out attacks a post and dies

>k im bored lets play something else anon
>>
>>377996887
Great thread OP.

>Casualcore friend talking about the Xbox One he just wasted money on
> "Yeah man, one thing I like is it plays 360 games"
>It only plays some of them and they're fucking emulated.
>>
File: pardon.jpg (115KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
pardon.jpg
115KB, 700x600px
One of my friends can't pronounce Majora's Mask the right way. He will always say Major's Mask and acts like there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>377996887
>Normies excited for andromeda
why
>>
>>378002731
normies happily eat any of the shit EA, Ubisoft, and ActiBlizz shovel down their throat purely due to marketing. Bethesda is getting dangerously close to joining that club if they haven't already.
>>
File: nice squid.png (494KB, 457x523px) Image search: [Google]
nice squid.png
494KB, 457x523px
>friend knows I like to play lots of Squid Game
>tries to talk with me about any changes that the sequel might bring and what I think about them
>clearly has no real idea what he is talking about
>doesn't even know that certain weapons already got nerfed at some point

Just keep smiling and nodding.
>>
>>"new one." not even specific about what the new game is called, just the "new one."
I'm sure they know exactly what it is called, but normalfags have a bad tendency to act dumb to appear more friendly and inviting.

Personally what annoys me in conversations with normalfags:
>"Oh man, I've been playing GAMEā„¢ 2, it's great!"
>hey, you should check out the first one some time, it's even better
>"nah"
>>
I have a rich friend who buys every single triple a release on release day.
then never plays games past the tutorial.
>>
>>378002996
That shit annoys me too

Its like they don't posess simple logic
>game 2 is really good
>game 2 was probably created because game 1 was also good and sold well
>i should try game 1

But no they dont see that
>>
>>377996887
>There are people that play video games but are not like me
>lets make fun of them for it
Pathetic.
>>
>>378002858
>Bethesda is getting dangerously close to joining that club if they haven't already
If you think they haven't then it begs the question as to whether or not you've been in a fucking coma for the last ten years and you just came out of it yesterday.
>>
>>377996887
Autism
>>
>>378002996
I have a friend who jumps into a series with whatever the newest installment is and just flatout refuses to give the previous games a chance because "the latest game in the series is the standard and previous games in the series never live up to that." He's such a smug egotistical fuck. Haven't talked to him in a few months, but maybe that's for the best.
>>
>>378003219
>>378003836
Some people don't like going back to play games from the past because they think it's a step backwards for some reason. Some of my friends will even buy remasters for games they already own instead of just plugging in their old console and playing that instead.
>>
File: frog-on-bench.jpg (26KB, 525x384px) Image search: [Google]
frog-on-bench.jpg
26KB, 525x384px
>gf first time visit you in your house
>see PS4
>"oh, I loved playing games on my ex playstation 4, mario was the best
>tell her that it's impossible, because there is no mario on sony consoles
>she is angry that I doubt her, say it was definitely Mario
>>
>>378004183
>Some people don't like going back to play games from the past because they think it's a step backwards for some reason.
I mean I kind kind of get that reasoning because logically, devs will have learned from the mistakes of the previous games and will have worked to improve upon them, but especially nowa days, that's almost never the case. They just remove things and streamline the shit out of what made the previous games good and give it a shiney new graphical coat of paint to appeal to a broader audience all while implementing whatever flavor of the month trend that's going on in the industry at that point in time.

I tried explaining this several times, but people just won't have it and the word "hipster" gets thrown around a lot. There's a point where it just boils down to being incredibly closed minded and people being easily influenced by hype and marketing.
>>
>casual friend wont stop talking about the competitive scene of a popular game like LoL or csgo
>"DUDE DID YOU HEAR HOW GOOK-SEUN YI OF MYDPK WON AT THE KDBSJ?"
>has NEVER played any of those games

I don't get it. How does he know whats going on?
>>
>>378003295
>Pathetic.
Where exactly do you think you are?
>>
>>377996887
>back in middle school
>me and friend talking about Pokemon
>the future normies of normalfags constantly butts in telling he has the game and found out some obviously made up Pokemon
>"yeah, and he's a dragon and does this thing electric with his antlers and..."
>tfw I felt a need to play dumb back then and listen to his shit

Nowadays it's pretty much
>you should totally play LoL with us!
>no thanks, I already tried and it's not my style of game
>then what do you play?
>I don't remember what I said, maybe Nier Automata or Yakuza 0, but I'm 100% sure they've never even heard of it
>one just rolls his eyes in an exaggerated way while the other chuckles

Like, what the hell? I was polite enough to decline playing their game, but they make fun of something they don't even know what is right in front of me.
>>
>everytime someone from the gaming indusry dies, normies flood all the social media they are in with shitty and empty tributes to someone they were not even aware that existed, like with Iwata recently (one of them unironically called him the Mario creator)
>get hyped and flood about any AAA game that will obviously be either shit or mediocre, like BF1, Andromeda and Ubishit games
>share shit like "normals won't get this only gamers will"

I hate normiebook, if didn't need it for work, I would have gone away from that shit a long time ago
>>
>>378005302
>normalfags talk about their madeup bullshit in midle school
That actually happened a lot to me, used to really like Shadow of the Colossus along with a friend, whenever we talked about, a shitbag would interrupt our talk and boast about how he had a Shadow of the Colossus 2 that his father got on a trip to another country his father was alcoholic lol
>>
>>378004690
Yeah I get what you mean, there's not much you can do about it when people are so rigid. It's annoying when friends would rather listen to the latest hype and e-celebs recommendations over your own recommendations. Then they come back a few weeks later and say "man Mafia 3 was boring I haven't even got half-way through it" and you have to try not to act like a smug cunt.
>>
>>378005302
>Like, what the hell? I was polite enough to decline playing their game, but they make fun of something they don't even know what is right in front of me.

literally a coping mechanism so they don't feel stupid for not knowing what you're talking about

if they've never heard of it, they're obviously "too good for" or "above" it, at least that's the justification they give themselves

in other words they're douchebags and you shouldn't willingly hang around people who do this
>>
File: 1454120002662.jpg (64KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1454120002662.jpg
64KB, 582x582px
>>378005307
I still remember my friend telling me tears ran down his eyes when watching the original Watch Dogs reveal with his League of Legends online friends.
>>
>>378005716
I have even forgotten about that reveal Anon! Was it in 2013? Normalfags were acting like it was the second coming of christ, when the gameplay looked mediocre and heavily scripted and, while the graphics were somewhat good, everyone informed knew ubisoft was infamous for the downgrades and it probably would happen here too
>>
>>377996887
> I did xy character build inskyrim. It was soo cool. I could do xy

Oh holy uck m8 there are like 50 people around us now giving us attention could we just not talk about skyrim.Idont even fucking like that game bro please.
>>
>smug asshole friend acts like he's hot shit at video games
>whenever he's challenged to a competitive game he makes up some bs excuse
>whenever you being up a hard game he says it was easy and If you try to question him about the game he tries to weasel out of it

Got I hated that guy

Shame he died tho
>>
>>378002948
Your friend just wants to be nice and talk about things you like.
Don't be a dick
>>
>>378006025
>2011/2012
>endless influx of arrow to the knee jokes from 9fag
>most of those tards haven't even heard about TES before

And it's just like this Anon here said >>378003219

>I LOVE SKYRIM
>You should really try Oblivion or even Morrowind, they are really great and even better too!
>nah
>whines nonstop because the DLC took more than 2 months to release
>>
>>377996887
I worked at a sea food joint for a while and I'd talk about vidya with some of the kitchen staff every now and then. They were a good group of guys and had decent taste for the most part, but there was this one time I was talking with a newer cook and he kept bringing up No Man's Sky and how much it blew him away. Said something like

>Man I can't wait to get home, I gonna roll up a joint and explore the stars.
>Yeah, No Man's Sky is like, a game for real gamers. It's pretty sweet.

This was a couple days after release, one day he just stopped bringing it up altogether, which wouldn't be such a weird thing but he fucking talked about that game any chance he got and about a week later, zilch, nada. The honeymoon phase must have worn off I guess.
>>
>>378006282
he probably realised you weren't into it so stopped bringing it up
>>
File: 1482461321443.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1482461321443.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
>dude I LOVE this multiplayergame, Im playing it so much!
>play it with him
>hes utterly shit in it and he never improves nor does he try to improve

Yeah, I get that hes not an autistic neckbeard like me who takes shit way too seriously, but I still expect that they are at least somewhat decent and have at least a little bit of passion for a game if they claim to love it.
>>
>>378006414
I had an opposite situation, friend wanted to play League and he's WAY too serious about it, he just seemed angry the whole time and yells if you miss your ultimate at all

Mobas were a mistake
>>
>>378002858
Bethesda's track record is pretty good though. Doom, Dishonored, and Prey are all pretty good.
>>
>>378007132
that's why I said they're on the edge

they're similar to mid-00s Blizzard right now
>>
>>378007132
>>378007245
Exactly 0 of those games were developed by Bethesda so why are you giving them credit for it?
>>
>>378007372
He is right, normies don't know the difference between developing and publishing, so, as soon as they see the bethesda logo, they will assume it's a bethesda game
>>
>>378007372
>>378007490
the point is that those games, despite being published by bethesda, are still decent. as opposed to ubisoft and EA, who mainly publish horseshit
>>
>>378007132
As publishers yes, as developers no.
>>
>they force me to play league
>I play league, eventually realise they're all silver surfers
>try to improve on my own, hit diamond after a year
>they all beg me to boost them
Isn't it fucked up when a person you introduce a game to ends up better than you? I'd be mad.
>>
>>378007846
What point are you even trying to make? No one is saying that those games are either shit or good, it's up to the players to decide, we are just talking about clueless normies that thinks bethesda MAKES those games and that they are the best thing on earth by association.
>>
File: disgusted.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>377996887
>Talking to qt3.14
>Says she plays games, watches gaming videos
>Ask her what her favourite game is
>"My favourite game right now is fallout 4"

I just looked at her and gave her a slight smile, then tried to think of a way to change the topic.
>>
File: iknowmore.gif (1MB, 359x200px) Image search: [Google]
iknowmore.gif
1MB, 359x200px
More /g/ than /v/ but
>sitting at graduation
>programming major
>normie sitting next to me is taking selfies and stuff
>facebook gets brought up
>don't have a facebook anymore because I don't want to be a cashcow for zuckerberg's jewish schemes, among many other reasons
>"How can a computer science major not have a facebook?"
>just act casual and "Eh wasn't for me"
>internally like
>>
File: 1490026467424.gif (259KB, 104x152px) Image search: [Google]
1490026467424.gif
259KB, 104x152px
>talking to qt girl about vidya
>decide to send her a download link to a game she'd probably like
>make sure to lay the instructions in baby steps
>she literally never makes a single comment about the game after that
Still not sure about what the fuck i was thinking.
>>
>>378009006
*act casual and answer
>>
>subject is that guy
>"hey I heard OP is a faggot"
>"you can't say that anymore jim"
>"No, I mean he literally sucks cocks for (you)s"
>and then they actually played videogames instead of posting on /v/
>>
>>378004207
>>she is angry that I doubt her, say it was definitely Mario
im laughing so hard because thats exactly like generic female personality
>>
>>377998058
This. Only people who say that are those who think it's the mature reason for playing games.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (739KB, 1636x1823px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
739KB, 1636x1823px
>Just started University
>Studying Computer Science
>Don't know anyone in the school so I think about looking up what clubs they have
>League of Legends club is the only one that has to do with computers or video games
>Anime club
>/sys/ters (take a wild guess what kind of club this is)
>Tea club, named IlluminaTe
>>
>>378008245
Never played LeL but wouldn't this just bring them up to the level of other players who'll fucking dumpster them because they weren't good enough to reach that tier themselves?
>>
>>378008414
>>
>>378009035
about your dick, I guess
>>
>>377996887
>Snobby nerds trying to initiate a "pissing contest" to see who is the most knowledgeable about video games.

You're all garbage.
>>
Things faggots say

>normie

It's so loosely defined. I work and have a cute Gf so I'm considered normie even though I've been using 4chan for over a decade.
>>
>Friend who doesn't care about games other than Resident Evil-series
>Show him Death Stranding E3 trailer
>"i'm totally getting this game"
He haven't never heard of MGS or Kojima, there wasn't even any game play. Also i explained once why Silent Hills got canceled and he was like "Well they shouldn't have done that".
>>
File: MVCEEZq.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
MVCEEZq.gif
2MB, 350x300px
>>378010005
>Snob
This word is only used by anti-intellectual retards to mock people smarter than them because they can't actually come up with arguments, only "insults"
Congratulations, you just played yourself.
>>
>>378010045
>not a smelly neet
>probably a non-virgin
Don't try to hide your ass, normalfag.
>>
File: 1412518346580.jpg (80KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
1412518346580.jpg
80KB, 442x650px
>play Asscreed Brotherhood because I quite like it
>normalfag friend asks why Im playing this game because its old as fuck and there are newer ones

I really dont get it. So just because there are newer games no one is allowed to play the old ones? Shit like this is the reason the gaming industry is going downhill. All AAA games are literal flavor of the month these days.
>>
>>378010045
ikr, me an my wife miku have been married for a long time and i go on 4chan too, i don't have to work though, my wife miku is a famous singer
>>
>>377996887
>talking with coworkers, Mario Kart somehow comes up
>"haha I'm the best at Mario Kart, none of you could beat me"
>he brings in his Switch and we have a couple of games rotating people
>everytime he loses "HAHA YEAH HE ITEMS IT'S JUST THE ITEMS"
>exact opposite when he wins
It's hard to do anything but smile and nod, dude brought in vidya though so that's pretty tight
>>
>>378010207
Your wife is a WHORE that dances on pizzaboxes for money
>>
>>378010045
You're on /v/ now, not /jp/ for example.
>>
>>378010168
Did you explain it to him or just post about it anonymously online?
>>
>>378010114
You will never make friends when you act like a snobby nerd. I've made plenty of friends at 'cons who were friendly and shared their love of vidya.

Not using video game knowledge to test if they're gamers or not. Only losers do this.
>>
>>378000039

Are you fucking 12? Learn to type rather than smashing your head against the fuckimg keyboard.
>>
>>378010475
>You will never make friends when you act like a snobby nerd
Who says I don't have friends, you anti-intellectual

>Not using video game knowledge to test if they're gamers or not. Only losers do this.
Sounds like your just an insecure cuck
>>
>>378010374
Obviously I just post about it anonymously.
I did say I just like this specific game and dont care about Syndicate. Normalfag just said "okay man" and that was it.
>>
>>378010114
>This word is only used by anti-intellectual retards to mock people smarter than them because they can't actually come up with arguments, only "insults"

Literally (you) think this
>>
>>378010618
Your explanation is satisfies me.
>>
>>378010716
I can satisfy you in more ways than one, boyo.
>>
>>377996887
Basically
>DUDE GWAFEX LMAO
Fuckin normalfags get the fuck out of my games!!!
>>
File: 1456195298998.jpg (13KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1456195298998.jpg
13KB, 200x193px
>>378010563
>Who says I don't have friends, you anti-intellectual

Look at special snowflake over here. What an epic nerd! xD

A lot of insecure nerds will try way too hard to go out of their way of looking and sounding smart. Because usually they lack something in their life. Shit job, probably lives with his parents or just hates himself or the world.

You nerds are all the fucking same. I can know a lot of shit about the world, including video games. I don't prance around like a fucking faggot and self-declare I know everything. Ever heard of being humble? You should stop being such a shit bag.
>>
>>377997324
>>377997324
>you mean normalfags? normie is a sanitized term for redditors/neofags.
Fucking this.
>>
>>377998054
YOU THINK I DONT KNOW FUCK NOTHING! I KNOW FUCK ALL!!
>>
>>378010787
SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>378010821
Wow, from someone who never regards anyones opinions and lives happy life, go kys.
>>
File: 0005.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
0005.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>I wanna get into the video game industry!
>like, not all that programming shit
>I wanna be an art designer for video games
>>
File: owo what's this.jpg (85KB, 307x680px) Image search: [Google]
owo what's this.jpg
85KB, 307x680px
>>378010975
>>
File: Wall of text.jpg (101KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wall of text.jpg
101KB, 392x500px
>>378010821
Nice irrational hate of nerds, on 4chan of all places
You seem like a bitter, insecure faggot
>>
>>378010563
>your

Fuck off brainlet.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (32KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32KB, 320x200px
>>378011108
Take you're anger somewhere else
>>
How fucking autistic must you be to be incapable of having a conversation about things that you're more knowledgeable of without spazzing out like a goddamn sperg. Normalfags* don't give a fuck and are just trying to relate to your autist hobbies, appreciate the effort instead of jumping up on your soapbox made of body pillows and 2-liters of Mountain Dew
>>
NormalFAG. It's NORMALFAG. If you come from a website where FAG is a bad word then you need to go back.
>>
>>378011252
This guy gets it.

>Having small talk with autist but don't care for the convo
>"Oh, yeah isn't that the new Mario game?"
>"ACTUALLYITSNOTNEWOMFGYOUSTUPIDUFCKINGMORMIEREEENOITCAMEOUTLASTYEARDIRECTEDBYMIYAMOTOOKYOUSTUPIDFUCK"
>>
>>377996887
>"hey I heard they're making a new one"
I usually say this, I don't know how knowledgeable they might be so this is a good way to start introducing each other's powerlevels without being too much of a faggot if theirs is too low.
And sometimes I don't know much about new releases, no point pretending.
>>
>>377997324
calm down edgelord
>>
>normie friends tries to give his """""""""redpilled""""""""" opinion on the Middle East, Russia or NK
>>
>normie
>normalfag

Same thing you stupid autists.
>>
>>377998058
Is "I play videogames for the gameplay" that better?
>>
>>378011781
no because video gameplay sucks
>>
>>378011467
Same, I usually say something like this to hide power level.
>>
>>378011745
t. normalfag
>>
How would /v/ rank these aspects, for being the most important in a video game?

>Story/Lore content
>Multiplayer
>Graphics
>Gameplay mechanics
>Replayability
>Branding e.g. part of a renowned series

Feel free to add
>>
>>378001797

The backward compatibility is certainly a mixed bag, but I appreciate it. I haven't had anything run worse, and things load really fucking fast.

So fucking fast, you'll never know what the load screen is telling you.
>>
>>378009035
The other day my girlfriend and I were shopping. I'd just bought Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and my girlfriend was picking up some stuff at a stationary store. The girl at the counter saw my Gamestop bag and asked what game I bought.
>Oh, just this rhythm game.
>Oh cool like Guitar Hero! What did you buy it for? Xbox?
>Oh, no, Playstation Vita.
>She gives me a blank look.
>It's portable... like Playstation's Gameboy.
>Ooooh so it's kind of like the Xbox Switch?
>she's completely serious, with this earnest expression on her face
>I smile
>...Yeah, kind of like that!
My girlfriend got her stuff and we left. She really seemed proud of herself for "knowing" about the hip and cool new Xbox Switch, it was pretty cute.
>>
>>377996887
you will get same result if you know a lot about art or machinery or science. literally anything. people cannot master everything so many of their interests are shallow.
>>
>>378012169
Equally important
>Story/Lore, Gampelay Mechanics, Graphics
Not important at all
>Multiplayer, replayability, branding
>>
>>377996887
>Talking to a pajeet about PS3 games
>"I got all the Tiger Woods games, gonna play them all in order so I get the full experience"

I didn't wanna embarrass him so I just said "ahhh cool"
>>
>>378012249
On the one hand it was nice of her to engage like that and try to find interest in the things you like.
On the other, she's a fucking retail employee. They don't care. They aren't paid enough to care.
>>
>>378012249
I usually tell people it's a PSP2.
Or a phone.
>>
>>378012419
So a well designed, aesthetically pleasing single player game appeals to you the most.

Genuinely guessing you enjoyed BotW?
>>
>>378012169

Story - 4
Multiplayer - 2
Graphics (Artistic) - 6
Graphics (Technical) - 3
Mechanics - 7
Replayability - 5
Branding - 1
>>
When anyone talks about Skyrim
>>
>>378012169
Gameplay>Replayability>Graphics>Story>Branding>Multiplayer
>>
>>378012502
I mean, I used to work retail. You don't need to tell me. I never suggested she cared - it was just sweet that she seemed so happy and sure of herself when she blurted out "Xbox Switch".

>>378012516
Referring to a PSP would have only caused further confusion with this girl.
>>
>>377997324
I dont care what the normies say it doesn't bother me really. I just agree with whatever they say and the go about with their lives. I pretend to be surprised and exicted for whatever game is subjected in discussion, but I know its gonna be shit.
>>
Not a friend, but I remember this guy walking into GameStop and going "AYE THAT GOT THAT NEW SMASH BROS ON THE XBOX YET?"
>>
>>378002208
Lol if I were you, and was a cuite gurl id have a big crush in him.
>>
>>378009756
>/sys/ters
These bullshit girl coders?
>>
>>378012719
Then it was nice of you to not crush that happiness by insisting she was wrong.
Perpetuate the good vibes.
>>
>>378002731
I hype up games with my friends because fuck it. Then when they realize its a trainwreck I act all surpised and try to defend it. Did this for no mans sky we ended up making fun of the creator calling him a cuck and shit.
>>
>>377998058
I've played many RPGs for this reason.
The story was the main thing keeping me interested in TW3
>>
File: 1491206491315.png (4KB, 203x231px) Image search: [Google]
1491206491315.png
4KB, 203x231px
>>378012459
>so i get the full experience
At least he isn't a full blown casual.
>>
>>378009756
>Join video game club.
>Its full of shitters
>bring my shit over
>Have a good(bad) time with the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer """classics"""
>N64 stays hooked up to the projector all semester
>Everybody gets addicted to future Gears of War (Vanquish) and Cave shmups

Gotta fix it OP expand everyone's horizons.
>>
>IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THE GAME IS 30FPS OR 60FPS, HUMAN EYE CANNOT REGISTER SUCH A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE
I usually don't go into debate with idiots but this shit triggers me every time.
>>
>>378013342
I just show my friends a 144hz monitor so they can see what true smooth gameplay is.
60 fps looking choppy after it.
>>
>>378012169
Mechanics > Artstyle/Music > Story/Lore >>>> Replayability >Graphics > Branding

Multiplayer is kind of a dumb category because I play both SP or MP games but I usually concentrate on one of either aspects.
>>
>>378012940
She tried so damn hard. Got to give her credit, she still apparently knew more about the Switch than my dickhead classmate who had never even seen one until my friend brought one into class (as in, he didn't know what it was until someone told him), then started going on about how impressive it was and that "the thing I like about Nintendo is how they are always so CREATIVE with their consoles these days, they're always so CREATIVE and INNOVATIVE".
>>
>>378013342
It's true though, but it depends on how much each person blinks. Since each eye can only see 30fps and 30x2=60, it's possible someone could effectively halve the PFP (Per Frame Potential) if they blink too much.
>>
>Chrono Trigger on Sega Genesis was pretty good but you can't beat the original NES game.
>>
>>378013546
Eyes don't see in framerates.
>>
>>378013612
Yeah sure but can you prove that?
>>
>>378013612
Work in video long enough and you'll see.
Play enough games on a toaster and you see straight away.
>>
>>378013546
When talking about video games, the difference is highly noticeable and it also effects gameplay so none of that shit you said matters.
>>
>>377996887
This is why you have no friends, sperg.
>>
>>378009006
I feel like comp sci majors are the most likely to not have a facebook.
>>
File: 1480143146634.jpg (30KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480143146634.jpg
30KB, 375x500px
>>378005302
>>378005689
>Like, what the hell? I was polite enough to decline playing their game, but they make fun of something they don't even know what is right in front of me.

What fucking autistic friends do you guys have?
I would just ask about it if i didnt know the game, not make fun of you/it. Nor would any of my friends.
>>
>>378006282
TFW brian
>>
>>378000039
>>he immediately gets in a tank and after fucking around with it for a few minutes gets out attacks a post and dies
>>k im bored lets play something else anon

Literally every time i invite someone to my house with my PC for gaming.

Cousin, friend, etc.

"why do you have so few games, lets install this one i wanna play!"
>he leaves before its done, or he plays it for 10 seconds and goes to do some shit else.
>>
>>378002948
this ---> >>378006160

Some people really dont know anything about socializing lol
>>
>>377996887
> i can't wait for the next assassin's creed
> Good thing i have cod to stave me off while I wait
Reeeeeee stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>378013726
With my own eyes I can see the difference between 60fps and 120fps. Apparently this can go right up to 200Hz but I don't have the means to test that.
>>
>>378013475
Eh, thought I'd put it in there, since there are a lot of people who wouldn't even consider a game if it didnt have multiplayer.
Whether or not those people deserve oxygen is another matter.
>>
>>378013984
That's because you have a low blink ratio. Stop assuming shit, dipshit.
>>
>>378009006
I just say that leaving was the best thing I could ever done. Also, I work in data protection and don't have that cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>378004207
if you actually said "it was impossible" you dont know how to tip toe around retarded female personalities.

you could have said "oh yeah Mario Kart is really awesome, but it was probably on the Wii". You let her have her moment to relate and then you correct her non aggressively.
>>
File: Helicopter-GIF[1].gif (1MB, 422x234px) Image search: [Google]
Helicopter-GIF[1].gif
1MB, 422x234px
>>378013612
yeah they do. there's shitloads of readily observable optical illusions that prove the human eye has a framerate
>>
File: 562.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>being smug about knowing useless shit about video games

Something tells me you don't have a lot of friends.
Like how the fuck do you get smug about something that solely exists to kill time? Even if you were smug about something else like your knowledge of history you would be a huge faggot, but fucking video games?

Come the fuck on.
>>
>>378010273
Offer to go a few rounds without items. You know, just for fun, haha.
>>
>Hey anon, why don't you like Overwatch? Its way more interesting and competitive then that old ass Quake game you play.

Literally tired of hearing about OW. I tried to even get a few of my normalfag friends into QC and they just whined that the game was BS because they're that bad.
>>
>>378014543
you dumb sperg, knowledge of history is fucking useless as well. knowing about bunch of dudes that lived 1000 years ago gives you nothing, you dummie. do you even know what hobbie means?
>>
my normie friends want to play GTA:O, COD zombies or other such shit.

I play with him a few times and meet one of his other friends who i have met IRL and is a personal trainer and total fucking chad.

I say these games are boring AF and im off to play something else. Chad asks what im playing and i say Bloodborne, expecting to have to explain it but the motherfucker is fucking lights up and we end up ditching my friend to do some coop chalice dungeons.

Nowadays we buy games we can play together even for a few weeks (tfw not poor or neet) like MKX, starcraft, DaS 1 and 3 etc. etc.

>tfw we now gym together but talk about geeky shit but since we are not fat neckbeards its not weird.
>>
>>378014754
That's nice anon.
Just don't go gay.
>>
>>378006235
Oblivion is total shit.
>>
>>378014732
>knowledge of history is fucking useless as well

Oh yeah, let's keep making the same mistakes our ancestors made. What's the point in learning from our mistakes and successes from the past, huh? Something tells me you're either underaged or a woman. Probably both, though.

>do you even know what hobbie means?
I do. Do you? A hobby is something you enjoy doing in your free time. I enjoy making music in my free time, does that mean I get smug about the knowledge I have that others don't? No. Because I'm not a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: f42.png (87KB, 200x245px) Image search: [Google]
f42.png
87KB, 200x245px
>>378014889
A little too late for that dont you think?
>>
>>378009006
>friends are all normies
>pester me about why I never use Facebook
>I literally only have it because I'm a huge Grandma's boy and that's the only way to talk to her
>always tell them it's straight up spyware that turns you into a marketing statistic
>"lol Anon you so crazy. You're just like dumbcunt's dad, he believes all those crazy conspiracies too."
>Her dad is 30% fill of it and 70% woke

Fuck all of them. NWO ain't learning what MY favorite flavor of McDonald's pie is. (Peach)
>>
>>378015092
When does this game gets good?
>>
This whole thread is autism. You are all talking to people who have absolutely no interest in video games but are trying to make polite conversation regardless
>>
>>377997324
I don't get the hate for the word normie, it's just a fucking abbreviation of normalfaggot, just like normalfag is.
>>
>>378015214
No idea. I dont know the game of the pic i sent you.
>>
>>378015182
hey it's me david rothschild and now i know that your favorite flavor of mcdonald's pie is peach
>>
>>378010273
>have a friend kind of like this
>never ever wants to play games that aren't team based
>if we win, it was all him carrying
>if we lose, it was the team or overpowered enemy comp
>he wonders why he's stuck in the trench in every single competitive game he plays
>>
>>378015182
>>always tell them it's straight up spyware that turns you into a marketing statistic
Hasn't it been actually motherfucking scientifically confirmed that they do that? they find out what you like, comment and share to know what ads to send to you with your location and IP on top of hiding comments that you are unlikely to like.
>>
>>378015371
FUCK
>>
File: 1443766324657.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1443766324657.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>377996887
>AAA game gets some perfect scores
>This is the best game ever!
>>
>>378015421
Yeah, it has. Mother fucking SHITLOADS of people have given talks on this. Defcon, TedX, John fucking CURRENT YEAR Oliver has a special where he flew to Russia to speak with Snowden. How is this not common knowledge?
>>
The last of us is the best video game ever made
>>
My wifes brother has a severe scizofrenia and I have to play dota2 with him

>Asking personal questions on discord
>Being a retard on every online game, 2,2k mmr in dota

I can't say no, he is the brother of mine wife
>>
>>377998058
>I like story games
>my favorite game is probably heavy rain
>my favorite game is totally life is strange!
>>
All of my friends think either BotW or Horizon will be GOTY.

I wish I could convince them that open world games are for drooling retards and that neither game appeals to anyone who enjoys even a modicum of complexity, but I know not to bother trying. I'm not that autistic. I mean these same people ironically enjoyed Fallout 4 so what can you do? I just don't bother discussing games with them.
>>
>>378015860
Unironically enjoyed, rather.
>>
>>378014331
This. Fucking permavirgins
>>
>>378004690
people want to appear current. I knew a guy in highschool who refused to watch movies that came out before the year 2000

but that's the thing with these cunts, they don't play games because they enjoy it, it's just part of an "image"
>>
>>378015712
Frogs realize when they suddenly jump into hot dangerous water and leave.

But if you put them in natural water and let the water heat rise up to lethal temperatures they will never realize its too hot until it kills them.

I am going kinda /pol/ and /k/ here but we live in a society where people REALLY has thrown out the idea of privacy and freedom in exchange for ease of information and security from an outer source.

People dont care about being spied on because they think "its not like i have something to hide". Which is a mentality very common.

Leaving politics out of it, people said that Trump tax returns were not public because he had something to hide. People thought that was the ONLY reason he wouldn't make public something that he didn't had to.

Then someone leaked it and nobody found shit.

People really gave up on privacy. Snowden made a talk about how easy it is to spy on people, or how easy it is for the government to spy on you.

People forget this:

Knowledge is power.
Someone else knows your name, gender and age? no big deal.

An entity knows your name, gender, and age? no big deal.

An entity knows name gender and age of everyone in a state? Then they sell that info for a high price. People forget that any little piece of useless information they give out can become a shit ton of cash and power when someone gets a hold of the same thing out of a lot of people.
>>
>>378011369
>so I've been playing Pokemon Crystal recently
>oh is that one of the newer ones?
>>
File: 29U7NNH.png (55KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
29U7NNH.png
55KB, 525x503px
>>377996887
how often do you even talk about video games with other people in real life
>>
>>378015860
>I'm not that autistic
But you think it, so you are
>>
It's the worst fucking thing being a fan of roguelikes.

Normalfags see your roguelike with tilesets and they automatically think the game is some poorly designed piece of 1/10 garbage.

Worst still, they literally cannot even begin to comprehend how you enjoy a game with ASCII graphics or how it could possibly have more depth than whatever the current meme game is. If tileset roguelikes are an instant 1/10 to them, ASCII roguelikes are a -5/10.
>>
>>377998058
The only thing you can take from this comment is they don't read books
>>
>>378011551
Yeah, calling someone a "fag" is extremely disrespectful and homophobic.
>>
>>378003209
I can somewhat understand this, all triple A games are terrible.
>>
>workmates find out I'm into Destiny
>about a month after its release
>one of them is super into it
>"we should play together anon, I can't stop playing it"
>eh what's the harm
>add him on PSN
>all he does is patrol
>runs in a big circle farming materials
>for hours
>"hey bro the guys wanna get a raid done tonight"
>"sure I'll be there"
>clan of workmates get online
>patrolfag is patrolfagging
>"patrolfag, you coming? Hello?"
>literally doesn't respond
>we join his game and he pretends to be AFK after 5 minutes of us chasing him around patrol
>10 minutes later he comes back
>"oh sorry my mic was off, can you hear me now?"
>we raid and he ragequits numerous times because he can't handle yo
mama jokes
>constantly comes back claiming his PS4 crashed
>every DLC he gets hyped about the new raids and team activities despite barely wanting to run them
>put up with his shit for 2 years because he moved up the work ladder to manager level

It's weird. The guy doesn't know enough about games generally to remove himself from normie tier but he sure as hell must be autistic.
>>
>>378015182
>flavor of McDonald's pie is. (Peach)

It always fucking shocks me that putting fruit in your pies is the standard in America.

I've had three pies this week. Here's what they contained:

>Beef, cheese, bacon
>Beef, egg
>Chicken, peas carrots

My favorite pie is tuna and cheese.

You Americans and your fruit pies are fucking spastics.
>>
File: IMG_8390.jpg (98KB, 960x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8390.jpg
98KB, 960x950px
>this thread
Good lord, it's practically nothing but
>someone I know talks about vidya
>I clearly know more than them and make sure they see that
>they go "lol k" and move on
>[INTENSE INTERNAL SPERGING]
Then you post about it here where everyone is "sympathetic" to how retarded it is and how "normalfag" they are
Good lord, this is /r9k/ levels of autism echochamber
>>
>>378016891
Shut up cuck, the only good pies are dessert pies, and pizza pies
>>
>>378016891
>I've had three pies this week.
Fatass.

Also apple pie is fucking delicious, wtf are you talking about.
>>
"I can't wait for the sequel" when talking about a game that doesn't need one.
>>
File: 1487667279913.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1487667279913.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>Working night shift with another autistic security guard.
>He talks about Undertale constantly and pulls up fan made music videos and shit to show me.
Man that sucked. No escape.
>>
>gamerfag friends either stopped playing games or only play PS4 multipalyer games
>normalfag friend gets a switch on launch for zelda after not playing games for years
>gets really excited for mario kart
>me : "you should get Splatoon 2 so we can play it over the summer"
>nah, im only going to get games that are nostalgic

what is this logic? you're buying a brand new system to get back into games and you're going to limit yourself to maybe 5-10 games over the run of the system
>>
>>378017125
>work as night shift security guard
>other dude recommends I play Undertale and is clearly into it
>buy it and play it over the course of my shift, had fun
>next day, talk about it with him and recommend similar games
Don't sperg out over other spergs, anon
>>
>>378013546
then how can people tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps, or 60 and 144 fps

dumbass
>>
>>378011551
>muh edgy
Now that's reddit!
>>
>>378017298
>undertale music videos
>dude its fine, I like undertale, why didn't you like that guy
>>
>>377998054
Not that guy, but I hear people say that a lot. They'll omit the "jack" part of "jackshit".
>>
>>378017420
Maybe he was the other guard.
>>
>>378017345
Their blink ratio diminishes once they focus on the different fpses, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>378014687
>literally had to explain to one of my friends why overwatch is mechanically and competitively shallow
>his literal only argument that he kept repeating was more characters = more depth
people should be given classes on how to avoid the dunning kruger effect before having opinions
>>
>Those cyborg tier guys that won't stop talking about Overwatch, Undertale and Game Grumps.
They honestly annoy me more than normalfags.
>>
>>378011252
I hate people who talk about shit they know nothing about like they're experts or something.
>>
>>378017014
That's all of /v/ you're talking about there. Everyone's in a pissing match about who knows more about some obscure developer. Rarely does any actual substance come from here.
>>
Fuck normalfags that try to talk to me to inflate their own ego. Fuck off, people don't exist for your faggoty selfish ass to use.
>>
>>377997324
I thought it was a /r9k/ thing because it rhymed with tendies?
>>
>>378019461
You entire post is self-serving and masturbatory

There was no need to post it at all unless you were as selfish and egotistical as them. Actually you are more so since they are usually trying to converse since its a normal behavior when you're stuck with people for long periods of time together. You on the other hand felt the need to post here, forcing yourself upon us for no reason other than to give us an opinion which you can now see was more about you than the people you were typing about.

Hoo boy. To be a sperg in the modern era of communication.
>>
>>378014331
>>378016032
>actually being whipped
>>
File: daedra rape.jpg (110KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
daedra rape.jpg
110KB, 800x600px
>>377996887
People who say they love TES but who's eyes gloss over when I start talking about the lore pisses me off to no end.
>I love Elder Scrolls!
>Hey cool man, me too! What's your favourite part?
>I liked Sovengarde!
>Sovengarde is cool, but the idea of the Far Shores and Realm of the Hist is more my kind of thing.
>The what now?
>You know, the places the redguards and argonians go to at the end of a Kalpa in hopes of making it to the next.
>Kalpa?
>It's an out of game lore term for when the world ends and restarts back to around the convention
>>
File: 1438983054990.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
1438983054990.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>So what do you do for fun?
>I'm mostly in front of my computer, playing video games, cooking and taking walks
>oh, what kind of videogames do you play?
>...
God damnit I hate when I get that question, never sure if I should just say "all kind of games" or just say some random normie games.
If I actually say what kind of games I play I will just look autistic but if the person that ask actually is somewhat interested in games also I will just appear like a normalfag.
>>
>>377996887
I've learned the Tibetan way of not letting myself get mad over something dumb like this. I just pretend to be excited about the topic at hand.
>>
File: banzai birru.jpg (25KB, 381x488px) Image search: [Google]
banzai birru.jpg
25KB, 381x488px
>>377996887
Anytime they call something they don't understand or haven't invested knowledge and playtime into a glitch, bug, or cheat.
>>
>as I get older I find myself focused on the story rather than the gameplay

I work at EB games. This shit happens all the time
>>
>>378004207
I would have sperged on her
>>
>dude i just beat dark souls
>oh did you do a 0sl no deaths no item run?
>...what? dude thats crazy
>... haha yea... who would want to do that
>>
>>378004805
Youtube?...
>>
>>378021634
They're right though
>>
>>378004207
>mentioning ex

how is that not a huge redflag?
>>
>>378014543
Elitism deters casuals and furthers the true advancement of a medium. Only a dispassionate person would value the company of friends over their devotion to a hobby.
>>
>>377998054
Autism
>>
>>378021634
>friend is big on all 3 dark souls
>keeps joining every retarded event announced on reddit
>they all suck
>"HEY MAN EVERYONE IS GOING TO DO A COOP SL1 RUN ON DS1 WE TOTALLY GOTTA JOIN"
>actually play with him
>it's all a gold-hemmed set chaos great scythe dick waving contest
I don't even know what I was expecting
>>
>>377996887
A friend of mine told me they don't like playing games because they are too stressful. I really can't properly explain, but this has always irked me. Sure Starcraft can be stressful when you're playing at 200 APM against similar opponents but most games are not like that and many games allow for people to approach at a slow pace should they want. Like how can something designed for entertainment and enjoyment be stressful?
>>
>>378024267
I can relate. My uncle bought a ps2 and sold it the next day for the same reasons. I'll never understand that kind of things
>>
>>378012169
Gameplay>Graphics>music>story>replayability>branding>multiplayer
>>
>>378024267
Pressure of performance
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.