[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I borrowed a wiiu from a friend and why isn't this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: dkctf.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dkctf.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
I borrowed a wiiu from a friend and why isn't this game praised as the best game of the wiiu?

It's WAY better than Mario 3D World.

Actually I enjoyed this more than overrated shit like far cry 4 and assassin's shit.
>>
>>377991792
the controls are kinda bad
it really didn't need a run button. you have to hold it 24/7 and roll
>>
>>377992389
?

Using the analog stick makes you run automatically.
>>
>>377993129
yeah, it goes by pressure
but its a 2d platformer so of course you'd want to use dpad
>>
>>377991792
Because Donkey Kong Country never gets recognition for being one of the highest quality franchises ever
>>
Metroidbabbies threw a fit, that's why.

Tropical Freeze and W101 are the only reasons to own a Wii U. I guess throw BotW in there as well.
>>
>>377991792
I thought it was, So it went without saying.
>>
This is one of my favorite games on the wii u. One of my favorite 2D platformers as well (behind yoshis island of course).
>>
I consider this as one of the best platformers of all time. All the hate comes from either fags that wanted retro to make metroid, or fags that needed to git gud.
>>
>>377994849
Doesn't help that it has a terrible name. Sounded like 60 dollar DLC for DKC:R when I first heard of it
>>
File: 1495365219066.png (201KB, 443x397px) Image search: [Google]
1495365219066.png
201KB, 443x397px
Does anyone remember back when people were spelling Retro's doom when a few of the Prime guys left? They ended up making Recore, Retro revived a beloved series and made some of the best games of all time.
>>
Literally the only reason I got the Wii U. Unfortunately it wasn't enough for me to keep the system.
I wish you didn't have to beat it once to use the other Kongs. DK should have had his own special ability as well.
>>
80% of the negativity was and continues to be that we got this game instead of another Metroid from Retro. I'd say another part of it was the Wii U absolutely drowning in 2D platformers by the time it was announced, as well.

But seriously the shitstorm was embarrassing, not just on /v/, actually the neofags were much more infantile about the whole thing.
>>
>>377993329
you forgot about Pikmin 3.
>>
>>377995478
Yea, I remember that, none ever told me "play this game, it's good", they only mentioned how it should've been metroid.

I played Mario 3D World And I found it way too boring and easy; launched DCK expecting nothing and my mind was blown.

totally underrated.
>>
Player 1 can't use any other Kong apart from Donkey in the normal game and for someone who's used to playing the agile characters in the DKC series, that's really annoying as hell.
Bonus levels are complete dogshit, what the fuck happened to the bonus level style from DKC2 and 3? On that note, collectibles are ass as well.
Enemy design is boring and look like they're fresh from a Dreamworks film. Bring back the Kremlings already.

Note that the game is still great but it aint DKC2 perfect.
>>
>>377996914
>Bonus levels are complete dogshit

I agree with that, the game Its not perfect, but Its one of the few almost 10/10 platforms in decades.
>>
I like Tropical Freeze but I would really like to have the old SNES DKC physics back.
>>
>>377991792
I haven't played it yet but everytime i heard about from someone they praised it.
>>
because bayo 2 and smash are better and it isn't even the best dkc game
>>
>>377997612
>comparing bayo to donkey kong
what?
>>
>>377998192
>why isn't this game praised as the best game of the wiiu?
>>
>>377998559
Got me there. In your opinion what is the best platformer for the wiiu?
>>
>>377998804
probably DK but I haven't played kirby
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.