[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides The Witcher series and Geralt, what are some other games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: mary sue.png (13KB, 395x304px) Image search: [Google]
mary sue.png
13KB, 395x304px
Besides The Witcher series and Geralt, what are some other games where I can play a Mary Sue?
>>
Ace Combat
>>
The classic Tomb Raider games
>>
A better question is what are some games you don't play a mary sue?
>>
Red Dead Redemption basically has you play as Geralt with a Gun
>>
I don't think playing as a Mary Sue is such a bad thing anyway. Makes you feel badass. Sue me.
>>
>>377986093
Starcraft franchise
Diablo franchise
Elder Scrolls franchise
>>
>>377986093
Most games desu.
>>
Persona series.
Mario games.
Batman games.
>>377986862
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>377986093
Doom
But it does it right because you are a god of men, but you are one and they are many.

>>377986354
Pokemon
Only example I can think of that is as an RPG in the second person since your character is a dipshit in a McDonalds hat and his pets do all the action.
>>
>>377986358
>John Marston, such a cool guy who lets people get eaten by zombies just because they're racist :)
>>
JUST
>>
>>377987253
>character is player-named self insert
>Is immediately liked by whoever they meet, some of them even exchanging phone numbers with them for no reason
>is given important tasks hilariously unsuited for someone the age of a teenager at best, and a literal child at worst
>legendary Pokemon are somehow convinced that said adolescent is worthy of being their master
Pokemon is the textbook example of a Mary sue character, especially as the series goes on
>>
>>377986354
Metal Gear Solid 2, everyone is too busy sucking Solid Snake's dick instead.
>>
What exactly is a mary sue here? People change the meaning of that term every time I blink.
>>
>>377989068
A character with 0 flaws basically
>>
>>377989068
Most of the time people incorrectly use it to refer to a character that they think is too powerful or has too much story sognificance
>>
>>377986093
Woah havent seen you spam this thread in a while.

Kys btw
>>
>>377988818
Would need to be the center of the story. I've played most every Pokemon and couldn't tell you the name of half of them, but mother fuckers can list every damn pokemon. Most people just assume Red/Blue was Ash and didn't know who it was.

Tidus from FFX

Another one where you play second fiddle to the more interesting parts of the game, Yuna in this case. FF12 as well for that matter since that was about Ashe.
>>
>>377989527
But they are the center of the story. Even in the early games where there is no story the story is about how great the player character is at magical cockfighting. Every game after 3rd gen revolves around the player, and ONLY the player, stopping the current big bad evil group
>>
>>377989068
Any character that's literally perfect in every way.

It's difficult to apply mary sue to vidya, since a lot of characters (chosen undead for example) purposefully don't have any character.
>>
>>377989068
https://youtu.be/H2-GIY9RTqU
https://youtu.be/YhrfhQbY0K8
>>
>>377989843
Yea buts like arguing Link is a mary sue. Sure kinda, but they were characterized about as much as a brick.

Hard to have flaws or not have flaws when all really have is a name.
>>
>>377989068
i think of it as people creating a character to be the 'best of both worlds' for something
for example someone writing to be a half-elf, with the intention of having the benefits of both species, and the downsides of neither
>>
>>377990307
>That first video
>"WAAAAAAAAH MUH WOMEN!"

Jesus christ what a butthurt cunt
>>
>>377986093
What are some video game forums i can post in where it's not a bunch of threads reposted ad nauseam?
>>
>>377987376
Racism is literally never acceptable.
>>
>>377986862
You don't actually know what a Mary Sue is, then.
Spoiler warning, it's not just about being special or super powerful, like some people think it is.
>>
>>377990307
>Linking to Terrible Writing Advice
The funny thing is he thinks he's being ironic with that title, but it's completely correct. His advice is ass. He's basically the human embodiment of everything that's wrong with tv tropes.
>>
>>377991287
I dunno, I'm about 4 minutes in and she clearly has a better understanding of what a Mary Sue fundamentally is than a vast majority of the morons that use this board.
>>
>>377992153
Please don't trigger /pol/, they're annoying enough as it is.
>>
>>377989068

Think Rey from Starwars.
>>
>>377993509
I'm not sure if I would really consider her a Mary Sue, just poorly written with rushed as hell character development.
>>
>>377986093
Any other CRPG really
>>
>>377988818
>Is immediately liked by whoever they meet, some of them even exchanging phone numbers with them for no reason
>he thinks being a likeable person is super power
>>
>>377986093
Persona 4
>>
>>377986354
Silent hill 2.
>>
>>377987245
Nobody in persona 1 or 2 was a Mary Sue.
>>
>>377986862

It's fun to be a Mary Sue

It's not fun to be with Mary Sue
>>
>>377994183
>fun to be a Mary Sue
No it's not.
>>
>>377988818
you just described persona 4
>>
Skyrim.
>>
>>377986093
>>377986358
Geralt and Marston are definitely not without flaws. Geralt is almost a sociopath who struggles with normal relationships and Red Dead is literally about John's mistakes and fuck ups.
>>
File: stalkin.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
stalkin.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>377986354
STALKER actually
>>
>>377994479
>Geralt is almost a sociopath
Yes
> who struggles with normal relationships
No people suck his dick almost immediately.
>>
File: mr. perfect.jpg (8KB, 290x214px) Image search: [Google]
mr. perfect.jpg
8KB, 290x214px
>>377989068
If you ever watched Recess, it had an episode that basically took the idea of a mary sue and flipped it on it's head
>>
>>377989068
ichigo from bleach
>>
>>377994562
Like 70% of the people you meet in any of The Witcher games tries to kill you, or wants to kill you. You walk past NPCs that hate Gerlat because he's a Witcher (freak, mutant, etc.), hell even cats hiss at him as he walks past in the third game.
>>
>>377986093
Can someone make a list of all the bot threads so I can filter them or something?
>>
>>377994562
that's not a normal relationship that's celebrity worship
>>
>>377988818
>legendary Pokemon are somehow convinced that said adolescent is worthy of being their master

Have you ever played a pokemon game? You have to battle them, beat them and use like 40 ultra balls.

The legendaries aren't convinced, you dominate them.
>>
>>377986168
Unironically this. In the games they acknowledge you have the power of several squadrons combined and that singlehandedly changed the course of war.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.