[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been playing video games since I was a little kid.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

I've been playing video games since I was a little kid. From NES till now and I've never played a turn based JRPG until right now.

What am I in for?
>>
boredom, linearity, grinding, bad dialogue, anime cliches, waifus
>>
the most boring genre
>click on an enemy
>wait till your character does attack animation
>wait for enemy to do their attack animation
>repeat
>>
If you are playing Blue Dragon, you'll probably not like it. It's meant to be like a classic JRPG along with the flaws.

If you are playing a JRPG on Xbox 360, get Lost Odyssey instead. A bit more modern while maintaining the things that people love about JRPGs. The story also isn't dog-shit.
>>
>>377979992
Bad Dialogue and Waifus are both Anime cliches
>>377980040
There seems to bee some nuance between attack order and formation. I can see this making each fight like a puzzle as the game progresses.

>>377980154
They both were on sale but I liked the artstyle of Blue Dragon more
>>
>>377979903
Blue Dragon is a classic and from a mechanical perspective, a good place to start with the genre. However, the character design, music (boss theme LOL), and story will probably be off-putting if you aren't used to dealing with Japanese content. As >>377980154 anon said, Lost Odyseey is a much better game to pick up the genre with because it is still very similar to Blue Dragon with its classic JRPG elements, but it is much more modern in the sense of combat interactivity, story, and is more "western" despite being developed by japs.
>>
>>377979903
pretty odd choice for your first jrpg
>>
What's going on
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 50x124px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 50x124px
The other day I glanced part of the side of the box of my copy of Blue Dragon and for a split second I thought I was looking at a Jimmy Neutron game.

Says a lot about the art style when you can mistake it for early 2000's tv cgi.
>>
>>377981851

Me realizing the Xbox 360 might have had one good game in its ranks because I'm a whore for Job systems.

Quick someone point me in the direction of a working 360 emulator.
>>
>>377979903
nigga just play one and form your own opinion.
>>
>>377981985
Blue Dragon job system is pretty bland imo. I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey's take on their job system. Can't really use the terms for it because it's spoilers
>>
Don't play something that will leave a bad taste in your mouth. Try suikoden 2. The first game is good but the second is phenomenal and you don't miss much from skipping the first.
>>
>>377979903
Boredom.
>>
>>377982192

Lost Odyssey has a job system? I think I have that game in my steam library.
>>
>>377982192
>>377982616

Cancel that. I was thinking The Last Remnant.
>>
>>377982616
Not necessarily a job system, they have standard Black/White magics and a few other types. A select few characters (X) are able to learn from another set of characters (Y). X cannot learn from X and typically Y characters are able to reach higher tiers of their classes than X would be able to learn from. Keeping the post spoiler friendly because the actual terms for the concepts are more revealing than I want. Lost Odyssey is an underappreciated gem and one of the last truely great RPGs of its era. The story and soundtrack are excellent, even with a few hiccups. I absolutely recommend the game if you are looking for a 360 game to play
>>
>>377981851
I got new classes for the party and got them all to level 5 but I dont have any new abilities in fights

whats wrong?
>>
>>377982859
I've played Last Remnant as well and I think you made the right call on it. It's not a typical JRPG and you can very easily ruin a playthrough in that game by not knowing what you're doing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.