[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games where the church/major established in-world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1492928902569.jpg (76KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492928902569.jpg
76KB, 683x1024px
Are there any games where the church/major established in-world religion ISN'T the big bad/corrupt/scapegoat for everything that's going on? It feels like such an easy low-hanging fruit to go for.
>>
File: out.gif (2MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
out.gif
2MB, 353x234px
>>377971073
The only thing that comes to mind is the Fallout series.

the only reason I hate this trope is because it isn't even done right.

Instead of "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" its "huuurrrrrr do you even tip? Religion is the opiate of STUPID CHILDREN".

If you're going to take a dump on religion at least be creative, and don't pretend like it's some hot and fresh idea
>>
Any Dragon Quest game
>>
>>377971073
That's because religion is a scourge.
>>
>>377971073
Shin Megami Tensei, if you agree with the law path
>>
>>377971073
Trails series
>>
>>377972493
It's fine if you think that, but as a story concept it's completely overdone. It's always "the church was actually evil, LMAO" and then they have them act more over the top and corny than a scooby doo villain.
>>
>>377971073
Persona 5 didn't have anything to do with organized religion, it just used God as an analogy for people's desire to not want to think for themselves.
>>
File: EstellePls.gif (1023KB, 360x205px) Image search: [Google]
EstellePls.gif
1023KB, 360x205px
Legend of Heroes
>>
Why dont more games have you duel the pope when the church turns out to be evil
>>
>>377971073
neptunia you are the religion
>>
>>377973579
DMC4 did it, but those fights were kind of lame.
>>
>>377971073
Dragon Quest
>>
>>377973695
Dark Souls 3 had the last good pope fight in vidya
>>
>>377971073
The Trails series, the Septian Church is legitimately good, for the most part.
I mean yeah they'll decimate your sorry ass if you try to fuck with its artifacts, but otherwise all they do is for the good of the people.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.