[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No amount of updates will save this steaming pile shit unless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 26

File: sfv-logo.png (52KB, 292x222px) Image search: [Google]
sfv-logo.png
52KB, 292x222px
No amount of updates will save this steaming pile shit unless you fix the fucking netcode and asynchronous rollback.

I can't even play a fucking battle lounge match without supposedly 5 bar connections being fucking microsoft powerpoint simulators.

Do you hear that Crapcom?
>>
>>377956206
There are so many other games to play than this shit. Street fighter is dead. I'm horribly sorry anon.
>>
>>377956206
>Do you hear that Crapcom?

He thinks Capcom comes here
>>
>>377957002

not unreasonable to assume 1 of their 5 employees browse here
>>
What are the most over rated character in SFV?
My vote goes to either Gief, Rashid or Urien, they are no where near as good as people make out.

I literally cannot remember that last time i lost to those characters.
>>
>>377956206
Just wait until Street Fighter W
It'll be just like Street Fighter 4 where everyone shat on it until Ultra.
It'll be just like Street Fighter 3 where everyone shat on it until Third Strike.
It'll be just like Street Fighter Alpha where everyone shat on it until Alpha 3.

Street Fighter since SFII has been the fighting game whipping boy, having some presence only based on existing popularity but suffering a ton of negativity until some super turbo final final version suddenly makes the few people still playing it suddenly realize that they're low on players and need to pretend all of the shit they've said about the game never happened.

Fighting games communities are fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1480214562951.jpg (34KB, 286x308px) Image search: [Google]
1480214562951.jpg
34KB, 286x308px
>>377957156
Oh yeah, I'm sure the VP and the other big dogs on top are all in this thread right now and sweating bullets.
>>
>>377958381
Ultra STREET FIGHTER 5

Now with everything.

Capcom been doing this since the company started.
>>
>>377956206
works on my machine
>>
>>377956206
oh, it's this thread. cool. glad we can't make room for an original thread where we actually discuss vidya
>>
What exactly is wrong with this game (aside from online lag, etc)? I see everyone always shitting on it as the worst game ever but it still has massive amounts of players in their torunaments.
>>
File: Tekken_7_ComboGamer-01.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken_7_ComboGamer-01.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377956206
We welcome you with open arms as long as you have the patience and dedication to git gud.
>>
>>377959570
Honestly there is an exhaustive list of problems that i cba to type out so you're just going to have to believe me that its garbage.
>>
Why is it whenever I play SFV and go to casual match using Juri who is my favorite character in the game and arguably the worst I only fight the top 5 characters repeatedly? There are so many Balrog players its fucking disgusting.

Insult to injury the matchmaking times are ATROCIOUS, maybe nobody is playing but fucking hell it is ridiculous.
>>
>>377959570
The game is a success on it's name alone. One good thing this game has going for it is that it's the most supported fighter which attracts people as well. Basically it's a success off everything except the gameplay.
>>
>>377956206
This
Simply this
>>
>>377956206
I just need something more to do then waiting for games online. The game is in dire need of content that isn't their shitty survival mode. It doesn't have to be arcade, but it needs to be something more than 1v1.

I don't remember losing interest in a SF game so fast ever...I love the series but nothing is driving me to launch the game.
>>
>>377959570
Just to name a few:
>low number of characters, the game launched with 16 which is a fucking joke
>single player content is terrible, both the story mode that they patched in and the horrendous individual character stories
>survival mode is terrible because it takes 20 minutes for the cpu to start putting up a fight and when you lose you have to start from the beginning
>no arcade mode
>long matchmaking times and loading times
>capcom not meeting their deadlines e.g. characters being delayed to next month
>>
>>377956206
>asynchronous rollback

Is there even any other fighting game where this shit happens? What a disaster of a netcode.
>>
>>377956206
Honestly dude works on my machine. I mostly have good connections. Do you live in a relevant country or a shithole?
>>
>>377957863
laura imo

although i do think urien is very player dependent
>>
>>377957863
I dunno, I think all 3 of those are pretty good, with Urien a step above the others. He hasn't really placed yet but still
>>
File: Birds In FLight.jpg (106KB, 683x465px) Image search: [Google]
Birds In FLight.jpg
106KB, 683x465px
>>377960221
>low number of characters, the game launched with 16 which is a fucking joke
Nah, roster was fine. They all played unique enough I think. Problem is however, that defense oriented and zoning characters were non-existent
>single player content is terrible, both the story mode that they patched in and the horrendous individual character stories
Agreed. I hope more is added in coming seasons that further expands the world into SFIII
>survival mode is terrible because it takes 20 minutes for the cpu to start putting up a fight and when you lose you have to start from the beginning
I'm more mad that so much shit is tied to it. Hell, the only reason I had as much FM as I did was because of 1RS. Playing 2000+ matches AT MINIMUM is ridiculous for colors/FM.
>no arcade mode
I'd rather a newer unique mode that isn't just straight up round after round. Call it World Tour and put in a gimmick between fights.
>long matchmaking times and loading times
Loading isn't an issue on PC, but i'll be honest, waiting for games doesn't entice me to start the game up
>capcom not meeting their deadlines e.g. characters being delayed to next month
What's even more hilarious is how this keeps happening. After the Ibuki fuck up last year, they pledged to be better, and communicate more. Literally one year later they still are silent for months until it's time for you to give them money again. Keep your base interested in between things. Look to Blizzard or LoL or something and see how active they remain with their community. Even if little things are released in between or tidbits or something...I don't know. Anything. Costumes are fine, but 1/3 of the cast still only has three. But there needs to be more.
>>
>>377960169
whats even worse is when your opponent starts feeling themselves / thinks they've outplayed you. you message them its lagging and they think you're lying.
the salt levels cannot be put into words.
>>
>>377961046
>They all played unique enough I think.
I disagree, the game is called cr.mp to special simulator for a reason.
>>
>>377956349
>Street fighter is dead
Even on PS4 it's dead. And it's the most active fightan game.

I tried to get into the weeb fighters but nobody plays it, both PC and PS4, PS4 has more players but it's still a barren wasteland.

Fightan is dead, sadly.
>>
>>377961549
What are you talking about? It takes me less than a minute to find a game.
>>
>>377961479
But the roster is irrelevant in that case. That's a fundamental issue with the game. It could be 43 characters and it'd still be an issue.
>>
>>377961813
He just wants to find excuses to not play other games and keep playing 5
>>
>>377961813
What's your rank?
>>
if I want to throw fireballs do I HAVE to play Guile? I'm not trying to be super lame or anything I just want to have a decent one I can throw
>>
File: image.png (10KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 241x209px
>>377959570
Most characters have the same rushdown game plan without anything truly notable, defining or interesting ways to execute it.

Combos are not only simplistic but restrictive. The system does not encourage creativity.

The game encourages "player vs player" over "player vs game/character" but does not offer anything interesting.

The game, it's systems and mechanics are actually solid but like the rest of the package bare bones.
>>
>>377961479
oh no you can cancel a low medium into a special how unheard of.
>>
>>377962305
Yes. He's the only one with a real zoning styled gameplan.
>>377962368
>Most characters have the same rushdown game plan without anything truly notable, defining or interesting ways to execute it.
Being Birdie is suffering at times. Best normals in the game, but if feels risky hitting buttons against the unga bunga online tiers.
>>
>>377961959
Silver, but it also takes me less than 2 minutes to find a decent battle lounge.

>>377961925
I'd be surprised if he plays honestly.
>>
>>377962305
nash, chun li, rashit, laura, dhalsim, fang, ibuki, urien, akuma and soon Ed all use projectiles in their most basic gameplans.
>>
>>377956206
fuck off and go back to /r/ kappa.
>>
Kolin is really fun, at least. Does anyone want to play? West coast
>>
>>377962619
play risk averse. cr.lp and cr.mp can stop most online shitters in their tracks. no need to commit to slower buttons.
>>
>>377959574
5 bucks says Tekken's netcode is shit too
>>
>>377962837
Bullshit, until past silver I would get ranked matches, 5 bars only, in under a minute every single time.

And whenever there was lag, it was always the same person lagging every time, I can't wait for that blacklist feature. If you're experiencing lag constantly then maybe, just maybe, its from your end.
>>
I will never not be amazed and just how hard SFV died and just how much Capcom fucked up.

It's like one of those shitty "prediction" green text stories only it actually happened.
>>
>>377963309
Also, if you're the one lagging, then having long wait times is justified, because other people who set the search to 5 bars only won't be matched against you.
>>
File: image.png (6KB, 378x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 378x328px
>>377962619
>Birdie
>Neutral Monster
>Can forces opponent to make (bad) decisions in Neutral
>No good options against Fierce Spam due to priority system and having 11-12 frame fierce.

I'm sorry for your troubles. Birdies design is great and unique but has silly problems.
>>
>>377963393
and amazed at how hard some people will defend it
>>
>>377957863
Because in GOLD, the people who play those characters are mashing retards.

>Pray for random SPDs to work as gief
>Random braindead fake pressure and specials until it works
>Roulette of specials and normals that are + until they are half dead -> fish for aegis combo

Honestly tons of people play characters they don't even like, and do fake bullshit no matter if it's casual or ranked matches. Ranking up in this game isn't even about getting better, it's about figuring out what fake shit your opponent is going to do and learning when to punish it.

>e.g Random running bear grabs (bronze) Mika as a whole (silver) Rashid loops and Ryu zoning ( Gold ) etc.
The characters don't suck, shitters just can't stop pressing buttons.
>>
File: 2986279lcati.png (777KB, 890x1400px) Image search: [Google]
2986279lcati.png
777KB, 890x1400px
>>377956206
>asynchronous rollback

I'm not a fighting game fan. Can someone explain what this is for me, & why it's bad? Thank You.
>>
Did they fire Woshige yet?
>>
>>377962837
I'm Diamond so MM is not as easy as lower ranks though sometimes I fight players way above my rank, and I even lose to a few, not rank bragging.

Yeah the battle lounge is active but I prefer ranked games where I can tryhard.
>>
>>377963687
You push a button, game says "Nope you didn't actually press it even though you saw some of the startup frames because you two got desynched by a couple frames, BUT the opponent's attack came out just fine. Your footsies/combos are fucked."
>>
>>377963769
Need to fire that fucking faggot Combofiend first
>>
>>377959574
I'll be playing both. I need 1 good 3d fighter and 1 good 2d fighter. I like sf5 despite all the hate it gets. I do hope they eventually release some sort of super or ultra edition though to work out some kinks and bring in some new players. Tried Injustice 2 but it just isn't for me.

For my 3d fighter, I was a Virtua Fighter fag, but it's dead and buried, so I guess I'm jumping over to Tekken. I'm excited for it.
>>
>>377963309
You've got the wrong guy, I'm the guy saying I always find matches under a minute dude and that they rarely lag.

>>377964193
When I watch diamonds stream they get games fairly quickly too though.
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (118KB, 540x494px) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
118KB, 540x494px
>>377964282

>Input lag built into your monitor
>Slowdown caused by online connections
>Game recognized you pressed a button, but then decides you didn't press it

Holy fuck, no wonder fighting games are dead. You guys were better off in the 90s. At least those games were played in arcades so people could grab a pizza & socialize a little. CRTs didn't have any lag either as a bonus.

Fighting game fans had a tough life. How are they not dead?
>>
>>377963123
I can make a lobby pretty soon
>>
>>377963687
Basically it means one player is playing a laggy mess with constant rolled back inputs and the other player has what looks to him like a pristine connection.
>>
>>377964678
Fighting games suck online. The speed, connection stability and amount of information they need to transmit in order to maintain a smooth game is beyond what most households actually have from their service providers. It is critical that both players send data for each of their sixty frames per second to each other without a single lost packet, otherwise the match will fall apart. There is no magical "netcode" that will solve this fundamental problem, no synchronization, no GGPO, nothing. Until the infrastructure for internet connectivity has everyone in the world with a beam of light in their backyard, fighting games will suffer.

Fighting games will never gain the sort of traction that other genres like FPS or MOBAs or MMORPGs have because those other games can work with far less bandwidth and still offer a smooth experience. Any other kind of game can work with approximations and limited updates per second, interpolating it all together with client-server checks and individual rollbacks so that even a Brazilian furry with 300 ping is no more or less advantaged than his opponent Bulgarian cigarette seller with 5 ping.
>>
>>377964767
I'll join of you don't mind a shitter. I'm bronze as fuck and only play Alex even though I can't pull off combos with him to save my life. I just love his playstyle and design.
>>
What's the alternative though?

Tekken? Fucking no one plays that.
Injustice? And get shot at by Deathstroke forever.
Anime? and get put on a government watch list for pedophiles?

SFV is here to stay.
>>
>>377963670
>Rashid loops
this shit annoys me so much
i know that mixer is -2 or something like that but i regularly get counterhit by his followup if i press buttons after blocking it
something about it throws off my timing
>>
File: Ne9t_4kk.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ne9t_4kk.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>377965159
3 rounds
99 seconds
FT2
Password is 1119
>>
>>377965159
>find game
>finally
>match starts
>He's playing lame. Outsmart the shit out of them. Take the round
>Round 2. FIGHT.
>suddenly match is unstable
>wait for them to come to me and lame them out
>suddenly match jumps ahead 5 moves
>dizzy
>happens again the next round.
>points lost.
It's even more infuriating in a fucking casual game.
>>
>>377956206
>tfw fell for the sf meme
>>
>>377965642
Oops forgot
CFN: Chunnilingus
>>
>>377965115
its not a matter of bandwidth. sending inputs at 60 frames per seconds isnt something new either - most shooters run at tick rates way above 60 and they're perfectly fine with online play.
SFV online being shit isnt an inherent problem of network infrastructure. fightcade works near perfect. the problem with SFV online is that capcoms CFN is fucking garbage.
>>
>>377965115
>Fighting games will never gain the sort of traction that other genres like FPS or MOBAs or MMORPGs have because...
Because internet stabability aside, these games cater to people who want fun for no effort and at the same time can pretend they're good because they have 7 other players carrying their weight. But god forbid they lose, because it's the teams fault, not the individuals.

Fightan Games, online and off, are a fucking reality check genre the second normies play with anyone other than their core group of friends. That's why it'll never gain the same amount of traction.
>>
>>377965659
ive ran into someone that 100% has a lag switch if they begin to lose. Cant wait for blacklisting.
>>
>>377965941
It happens more often than i'd care to admit. But it is an issue. I just hope blacklisting won't be abused either.
>>
File: 004.jpg (326KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
326KB, 1133x1600px
>>377956206
I've had mostly fine matches online, but I honestly stopped playing because of the load times. I'm used to SFIV netcode, so SFV's already good enough for me, but damn if actually-three-minute load times absolutely kill this game for me.
>>
>>377965879
It doesn't matter if a shooter has 20 ticks or 120 ticks, you can drop a shitload of packets and still play just fine. If either player in a fighting game drops a single packet, a single frame of information, the match goes into disarray.
>>
>>377965790
lol you guys plat and diamond. I'm a fucking punching bag.

My goal is to not give you a perfect.
>>
>>377966129
Best part? The game isn't even loading. Most of the loading occurs only during the white screen.
>>
>>377965940
It's a fair point but i relate to casuals 2bh, i mean why bother sinking 1000's of hours into to practising a fighting game when you could learn an instrument or doing something that is actually valuable instead.
>>
>>377966271
Why bother playing video games when you could better the world around you instead :V
>>
>>377965940
>Fightan Games, online and off, are a fucking reality check genre
No they aren't. They're a genre that boils down to chance.

Two characters jumping around inside of an empty box, poking at each other until one lands a hit so they can perform the same few optimal combos over and over. There are not a lot of dynamic elements in a fighting game. There's nuance in spacing, timing, determining risky/safety in a large variety of moves, etc, but that stuff is for the most part irrelevant when your ability to employ tactics based on that sort of knowledge is more up to chance than choice. That is to say, the game moves so fast that it boils down to a game of rock-paper-scissors, your throw/high/low/block/overhead/actions are guesses. You may have had time to read your opponent's style so you can make a more educated guess on their habits, but even that is still just a guess.
>>
>>377966392
Because playing video games don't require 1000's of hours of practice.
>>
>>377966271
Valuable where?
>>
File: 1484768928453.gif (1MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484768928453.gif
1MB, 540x300px
>>377966267
That's what I've heard, but I really want to know the design reasoning behind such a choice. If most of the load is the white screen, why the freakishly long wait to actually get in the game?
>>
>>377966240
Don't worry too much.
Do you guys want it set to ft1?
>>
>>377966464
lmao
>>
Capcom's basically pulling a Wii-U where because they didn't properly anticipate how their design and production choices could possibly fuck up, they had no reliable contingency plans and as such are now just letting it coast along, doing the bare minimum to support the game until they no longer need it.
Street Fighter 6 and/or Darkstalkers 4 are going to be masterpieces though, not even memeing.
>>
>>377966271
Because I can do that and still fuck around with video games. Excuses to be honest.
>>
>>377966271

as someone that's just clocked 600 hours in SFV, i am starting to feel like its just a waste of time. i dont get anything out of it, half the time im not even happy if i win. this was not the case with sf4...
>>
>>377966180
>It doesn't matter if a shooter has 20 ticks or 120 ticks, you can drop a shitload of packets and still play just fine

then you end up with one of the following, depending on netcode
>desync
>lag
>rollback

it's the exact same technical issue as in any other real time multiplayer game, only difference is that genres like RTS or moba or MMO are not very tight on timing and reactions, so people barely notice it and dont give a fuck about an additional 150ms connection delay, while such a delay completely fucks up your shit in fighting games or shooters.
>>
>>377966464
This pretty much. It's the reason why you rarely see mindgames. Most of the hype comes from execution.

DotA 2 is hype from the pick/ban screen and you see a lot of crazy mindgaming. This also extends to how lanes are set up and player item choices. Fighting games are just like.. okay you got your hit, now do your infinite combo and if you don't drop it it's hype.
>>
>>377966580
I think it's artificial for synchronization purposes and/or to make the PC version not seem like the smarter choice against a console, which will always be significantly less quick in processing. Reason being that Sony was the one who invested in SFV to begin with and we mustn't bite the hand that feeds.

tl;dr Consoles ruin another game. Yet those kids will still call PC players a bunch of cheaters.
>>
>>377966464
>Chance
Stopped reading. Consider not playing NRS games in the future.
>>
>>377966995
are you actually implying rock paper scissors isn't a game of chance?

are you fucking dumb?
>>
File: 4094570_p0.jpg (331KB, 779x624px) Image search: [Google]
4094570_p0.jpg
331KB, 779x624px
Wasn't expecting this many.
Lobby is now FT1
>>
>>377967129
>are you fucking dumb
I'm implying fighting games aren't as rock, paper, scissor-y as you'd like to think.
>>
I haven't played Duty Fighter V in a good while and I kinda wanna pick it up again. Is FANG good now?
>>
>>377967182
Chunnilingus has no mercy ;_;

Alex will have his day.
>>
>>377967463
No
>>
>>377966507
Playing fighting games doesn't require 1000's of hours of practice either :)
>>
this was near unplayable
joining an american lobby from europe was dumb, connection just cant handle it
>>
>>377967598
>look guys i'm a retard! :)
>>
>>377956206
I fucking forgot the raging demon even existed akuma players use it so little, thanks for the ass beating chun
>>
>>377967685
Y u gotta be pointing out the obvious?
>>
>>377967849
Literally the only reason I started using Akuma was to do demon setups. They're so fun
>>
>>377961046
>Nah, roster was fine. They all played unique enough I think. Problem is however, that defense oriented and zoning characters were non-existent

How the fuck did you say this and not realize how retarded it is?
>Everyone is unique, you just have to play a braindead rushdown game
That's a genuine reason why the game feels bad. The characters in this game are "different" in the way they would be different in a DBZ game, they all have a unique gimmick but the same gameplan. Not only that but like you and everyone else agrees, the characters dripfeed into the game at random along with overpriced shitty outfits nobody asked for.

People complain about Arcade mode, but what about how battle lounges took forever to add? There's no online training mode or even half of the shit SF4 added and even if you farm fight money as much as possible you'll still be missing at least half the characters and stages, even less if you got baited into buying pointless trash like colors and titles.

The problem is that this game is barren as fuck, and going online you're pretty much fighting the same shit over and over again because there's only really one way to play and the only difference is what your opponent knows to block. So it feels like that MVC2 port where the modes are pretty much

>Fight CPUs for no reason
>go online
>training mode
with the added addition
>Buy shit that was never tedious or difficult to unlock in the past.
>>
File: 1487313392904.jpg (199KB, 716x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487313392904.jpg
199KB, 716x1000px
>No arcade mode
>Absolute garbage roster
>One super per character
>Having to grind survival mode for colours
>Shitty story mode instead of working on the game balance
I wanted to like the game but it's clear capcom don't give a fuck about it
>>
>>377968368
where do I even start with a garbage post like this
>>
>>377968231
>dhalsim has the same gameplan as zangief
k
>>
>>377963687
It means the game is actively lying to you about what is actually happening on screen.

You see you opponent jump in
You time an anti air and it hits
Roll back
You actually got stuffed and now you lost 50% of your life
>>
>>377965659
This is why if the lag is unbearable I just Flying Barcelona and 50 / 50 them until they die. Most of the time alternating between that and random slides works.

I shouldn't have to do it regardless though, no other game I know does the meta become
>Well shit he's playing like a retard
>Time to sink BELOW their level
>>
>>377968491
start by spitting out the capcom cum before you dare call my post garbage you worthless shill
>>
Gg's ghodere
>>
>>377968812
lmao blew your shitposting cover quickly.
>>
>>377966464
As of now this is really true. I went back to fightcade after being disappointed in SF5. What became clear to me immediately is that in SF5 I could climb to high Platinum without SHIT about the hitboxes. Most of the time I just opened to (FAT) that SF frame data app, looked at what moves were plus on block, or had a 3 frame start up and learned when to spam what.

The game is so braindead that instead of learning the other characters I would just mash that one normal to get out of blockstrings when it looked like I could or just holding up. Fighting games have been casualized so hard to the point where they just suck.

I feel like I used to come to fighting games for something fun and technical, and I could get some bang for my buck. Now you get a game that's catered to people who didn't like your game back when you did, and has a designated area within it for raping your wallet with shit that should have been there in the first place.
>>
>>377956206
And even if the game's netcode were fixed nothing will save SFV from being a watered down, streamlined, rushdownfest. Might as well be a Netherrealm game.

Actually, NRS games usually have characters with strong projectiles.
>>
>>377968874
ah, ggs

I'll be back later
>>
>>377969315
>The game is so braindead that instead of learning the other characters I would just mash that one normal to get out of blockstrings when it looked like I could or just holding up.
what did he mean by this
>>
>>377969334
This. As much as I thought MKX was gay shit and I was forced to switch from Ermac / Reptile to Erron Black / Ermac to have any fun against the laggy spammers and faggots on that game, suddenly Injustice 2 is starting to look good.

But I feel like I don't even like Injustice, because DC doesn't appeal to me. I feel like I just wanted a new fighting game and I got fucked by capcom because I bought the game on PS4 and eventually PC thinking they would deserve the money and now I'm bitter.

SF5 is a cashgrab flop, and MVC:I looks like a VITA exclusive that they turned into a console game at the last minute.
>>
>>377968783
This is how every vega plays with or without lag tho??
>>
>>377969820
I'm having fun with Dr. Fate. Although GG is my thing, not NRS stuff.
>>
>>377958381
Alpha and 4 never got shit on like V. Three kinda did but that was because everyone was butthurt about the lack of classic characters.
>>
>>377969750
>Play Vega
>Start blocking combo / blockstring
>Eventually just mash st.LK inbetween seemingly random parts of the string
>They get knee'd
>Walk up and grab / Do it again / Jump away etc.

Go ahead, try it with any character who has a 3 frame start up normal.

>>377969886
Probably in Silver, mixups and fake tick -> claw switch setups with or without command grabs are better. Plus it's VERY easy to air-to-air F.B in this game. Random claw dives aren't real.
>>
>>377969820
There's no better time than now to hop off the SFV train. Some recommendations from someone that plays everything:

>KoF
>Not much single player content, but technical, fun, and rewarding, especially for training mode lab-rats

>GGRev2
>Butt loads of content, from characters to stages to music to story mode
>Online can be a bit sparse, and like KoF, months down the line you'll be fighting either newbies or pros but no one in-between

>Blazblue
>Same as GG, but even more sparse online. It's also reflective of post-2005 anime, so you might hate the cliche shit in Story mode

>Skullgirls
>Like MvC, but more reset-focused. The offspring of Guilty Gear and Marvel vs. Capcom. Not much in the way of single-player stuff, but tons of really useful tutorials and training modes to help you get better

>Tekken 7
>No idea about the online net code, but it looks to be freakishly content-driven game
>Downside: no cross-play despite being on PC, PS4, and Xbone. Other than that, it's hard to estimate where the game will be in the near-future. Avoid fighting Koreans at all costs.
>>
>>377970389
If they get counterhit through their strings then their strings arent real.
>>
>>377970537
You don't "play" Guilty Gear Xrd's story mode, you watch it, make sure to point that out.
>>
Thanks for the matches
>>
>>377970743
That's the thing though. You can go in ranked with no knowledge and just mash out of strings ranking up. You might lose 66 points to the ONE random Bison who actually knows strings but not a lot of opponents will stop you on the way up.

I wondered why Ono didn't put Blanka in this game because a character that's based on doing gimmicky fake shit would fit right in. But then it dawned on me that EVERY character does dishonest gimmicky fake shit, so he pretty much made /every/ character Blanka. I mean I might be exaggerating but you have to respect so much stupid stuff in this game, and there's so much stupid stuff you can do.
>>
>>377971292
you can mash out of strings against shitters in any fucking game
what the fuck
>>
GG man, good Akuma
>>
>>377971684
GGs
You make fang look like top 5
>>
>>377971803
Ah, is lobby closed?
>>
File: 1470268539536.png (2MB, 769x783px) Image search: [Google]
1470268539536.png
2MB, 769x783px
IF HONDA ISN'T THE FIRST CHARACTER RELEASED IN SEASON THREE I'M GONNA PUNCH MIKE ROSS IN THE DICK
>>
>>377971429
But has it even been as slow as SF5 is? The game requires almost no effort to do shit on reaction, and the most optimal combos are ironically always started with the safest normals. It leads to a game that feels stale and turn based, and even in the case where you're playing devil's advocate this game is easily more shallow than the previous. Even though it got rid of some of the HUGE problems 4 had, it seems to have equally shitty balance and levels of imperfection that even 3S had. The only difference now is that it's prettier and more accessible.
>>
File: 1473202194975.jpg (32KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473202194975.jpg
32KB, 475x360px
I'm that shitter Alex from the lobby earlier. I just had my first rage quitter in ranked. Feels so good.

I've been playing less than a week but I'm almost up to super bronze now. It's such a nice feeling getting a tiny bit of aptitude in a fighting game. It's a super intimidating community to jump into, the games are so complicated and technical.

I have no ability to put together effective attack strings do I'm focusing on defence and counter hitting. It seems like other bronzies don't know how to deal with a decent defence so I'm doing pretty well. Just made that ultra bronze rage quit as I anti aired him for the win lol.

Sorry for the blog post, it just feels good.
>>
>>377975343
what you are saying in this post has nothing to do with what you said in the previous post.
>>
>>377975454
early on punish play will get you the furthest.
beginners pull so much unsafe shit, if you can punish it all you will get far.

later on that wont be that easy because good players dont pull that, but you gotta learn that anyways.

learn all of your punishes, those from jabs, those from mediums and those from really heavy buttons.
Alex can absolutely ruin somebody who fucks up a dragonpunch.
>>
File: NextLevelYomi.webm (1015KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NextLevelYomi.webm
1015KB, 1280x720px
>>377975454
I went from bronze to gold just by playing by reaction and anti airing. Strong defense will carry you far and I think it's much harder to learn then offense. Bronze and silver players will always do something unsafe like jump in or dash if you just stand there and block everything and Alex has very strong punishes. The hard part about him is getting in on players who actually have footsies down.
>>
>>377975654
Thanks.

I've been mostly using clp to hit them out of combos, does that combo into anything? Should I be using something else? I'm also getting used to using his lariat as my main anti air, I rarely have the reaction time to use that air throw maneuver. It seems like anti air lariat must combo into something. I guess I should go into training and practice to see what works.

What's the best way to figure out what actually combos? Set dummy to block after first hit?

I've heard Alex is low tier but I figure I'll never get good enough for tiers to matter. I would think that's not really relevant outside of diamond.
>>
File: 1464112671462.jpg (112KB, 965x711px) Image search: [Google]
1464112671462.jpg
112KB, 965x711px
>Balrog rapes every member of the cast, stuns in two combos without counter hit, has good defense and oppressive offense
>Nerf comes
>-25 HP
>>
>>377976463
https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/combos/Alex
I think that should cover most.
It only has heavy starters in the punishes category, but you can obviously also look at the light and medium starter combos to punish stuff that is unsafe, just not so unsafe that a heavy would work.

Combos work in two primary ways, you got cancels and you got links.
For cancels you interrupt the current move into the next move, like mp xx chop.
links are combos that work by putting one button next to the other. if the first button causes enough hitstun you can put in another button right after that.
cr.lk is +4 on hit so you can use a 4frame button right after as a link. lp is a 4 frame button so you can do cr.lk, lp.

When you read combo lists you will see both.
"xx" means cancel "," means link.
cr.lk, st.lp xx lp flash chop would be a combo that utilizes both.
Thats the theory behind it.

You can try to figure it out on your own by going through all possible combinations, but I think especially as a beginner combo lists help a lot.
You can also use that site to check framedata. There's a category named "Cancel Into" so you can see which move cancels into specials, trigger or supers.

And yeah, anti airs are kinda on the weak side in Alex case. If you really dislike that aspect you can try another character with better AAs (like I did.). Early on most beginners do really blatant and easy jumpins so Alex AAs should definitely be enough.

And yes you should practice combos by setting the dummy to block after first hit. You can also set the dummy to throw unsafe moves at you so you can get the punish timing down. Start with something easy like a Ken whiffing a dragonpunch.
>>
>>377976435
GIVE US BACK PRETTY MAZE ITS NOT FAIR ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS
>>
>>377976564
Even the shittiest Balrog's succeed with his stupid easy shit.
>>
>>377976435
Huh? I thought Kolin was new to Street Fighter?
>>
File: 1935243754165.png (449KB, 938x705px) Image search: [Google]
1935243754165.png
449KB, 938x705px
>You can buy characters with in game money!
>50 FM per fight
>Only if you win
>Characters cost 1mil FM
>Oh you have to buy their alt colors too :^)

Literally how the fuck is this acceptable? FM per fight should be at least 200, and the weekly challenges should be bi weekly. Shop items aren't much of an incentive to keep playing if it will take you a minimum of 1 month of non stop 12 hours per day playing to buy a single character.
>>
>>377979295
doing the FM missions and character stories is enough to unlock characters.
you dont even need FM from fights for that, but it helps if you want stages and colors.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>377975654
>>377976435

Bronze shitter Necalli here. I love running in like a madman and tearing people apart with constant pressure, especially getting in reads with my heavy command normal overhead and EX DPs, but I've never gotten past Super Bronze. Are you telling me that in order to get to Silver I have to turtle and play all boring like? That doesn't sound very fun...
>>
>>377979440
It'll get you enough for three more characters roughly, but after that it's grinding the missions and 50 FM per fight matches, which means you're pretty much better off buying characters with real money like Capcom wants you to.
>>
>>377979739
even as the most aggressive player you will not be able to be on the offense all the time.
neutral game is a thing and when you get knocked down you will have to deal with that too.

players will learn how to shut down your obvious approaches as necalli at some point.

necalli has one of the best neutral moves in the game with the vskill stomps, you will have to use stuff like that.
so no, you cant go full mongo forever.
>>
>>377969334
Injustice 2 has decent footsies with Ivy. She really is the antithesis of general NRS play that's rushdown and zoning
>>
>>377979440
Assuming you have zero FM at the moment and it was the most efficient way to grind after finishing other challenges, you really thing it's acceptable to wait approx. 14 weeks for 100,000FM?

This is ignoring 50FM per win, which alone would require you to win 2000 times.

The in-game economy is fucking stupid, anon.
>>
>shitters coming out of woodwork to pretend netherealm is a competent fighting game developer
>literally pleb tier pandering bullshit
>gimmicky story mode thats poorly written and forgettable
>all journalists applauding the fact that they never actually fight anyone else but AI
>>
>>377979739
Dont

If you donĀ“t attack like a madman with Neca you are playing it wrong
>>
>>377979930
Dont tell me about FM when you dont know shit.

You get about 32k every month from the weeklies alone, characters get released every two months on average.
Thats 64k just from logging in and doing some dumb shit for five minutes.
Use a new character and do the basic story/trial/easy survival shit with him and you will get enough for the next one.
>>
>>377979295
Characters cost 100k and you get roughly 5-6k from weeklies. It shouldn't take you more than 15 weeks to unlock a character and that's if you don't have any story or trial money to get. There is survival as well, but it's pretty shit.
>>
File: 5.02-Intro[1].jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5.02-Intro[1].jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>That character that you want to be good with but keep getting absolutely wrecked online with no matter what you try

What's her name, /v/?
>>
File: 20170524203716_1.jpg (426KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170524203716_1.jpg
426KB, 1920x1080px
Its easy to get like 5-7k with battles only, plus you gent for every new char like 20 doing dumb shit (story, Easy and normal survival, trials, and demostration) the trick is donĀ“t spend the money in dumb shit
>>
>>377980741
High level Vega players are hard as fuck, fucking jump kick is hard to punish
>>377980827
Being a Fangfag is suffering but really rewarding
>>
>>377958381
SF4 was popular from the getgo even though it really didn't deserve it. Most people who stuck with it since release to Ultra were pretty beaten down and bored with it though, regardless if they were the few that actually thought it wasn't shit. SF5 comes and it's just SF4 but worse.

fewer people knew about SF3 til 3rd strike, not saying the first two versions weren't pretty retarded with the juggles.

Street Fighter Alpha was always shit.

SF5 definitely needs a complete makeover update version and if capcom doesn't do that, it's gonna be retarded garbage and never really take off. It feels as if capcom has heard people complain that SF5 is boring as shit which is why the DLC characters are at least a little fun to play, but even that doesn't fucking save it when all the most popular characters in the initial roster play almost even less interestingly than Street Fighter 2.
>>
>>377980827
>+600 exp

Do you get more exp from fights the higher your level is? Or is it based on rank? All my characters are still around level 12 and I'm only getting 100-150 exp per match.
>>
>>377981630
You got more based on the opponent rank. For example, when I beat a diamond player, I get 1000 Xp. If I lose, 225.
>>
>>377981630
higher rank gives more exp.
I could probably play a few casual matches on my underused characters to get some SICK levelup FM shit now that I'm somewhere around diamond.
>>
>>377981630
is based on the rank of the faggot you beat

plats give 600 exp, if you beat me (super diamond) you get 1000
>>
>>377981494
>SF5 definitely needs a complete makeover update version and if capcom doesn't do that,
Yeah, I actually enjoy SFV, but it's probably because I don't have much familiarity with fighting games.

I'm really hoping that Capcom puts out an 'Ultra Street Fighter V,' edition at some point that fixes some core issues of the game, rebalances some shit, fixes the netcode, has all the DLC included, and at the very least, gives you more FM for winning matches, doing trials, survival, etc. Because seriously.
>>
File: BIRDIEFACE-Lego.png (929KB, 740x1159px) Image search: [Google]
BIRDIEFACE-Lego.png
929KB, 740x1159px
>>377981319
>High level Vega players are hard as fuck, fucking jump kick is hard to punish
>mfw Birdie cr.Mp
>>
>>377981961
Its not called one of the best AA for nothing
>>
>>377956206
I bet Injustice 2 breaks 4 million sales by Autumn
>>
Fuck, shitter bronzy Alex here again. How the fuck do I deal with super high pressure Cammys and Nashes. I can't find a damn opening on those fuckers when they never let up...

With Cammy all I can do is anti air them when they are dumb enough to keep jumping in. If she stays on the ground I'm a punching bag...
>>
>>377956206
You'd need more than that to save SFV
>>
>>377982446
It's a good game. It doesn't have the competence of SFV when it comes to the gameplay, but I don't dislike broken or crazy games.

I do dislike overly simplified, streamlined games where the differences in characters gameplans are so minute that there isn't a point in having character loyalty or being creative though.
>>
>>377982940
I'll pick it up when it comes to PC...but fucking christ are NRS a pain in the ass to play.

Stiff as fuck.
>>
File: disc-jam-characters.jpg (187KB, 1199x675px) Image search: [Google]
disc-jam-characters.jpg
187KB, 1199x675px
guys we should all play disc jam instead of sfv!!!!! it even has ibuki and balrog!!!!
>>
>>377958381
People loved Street Fighter Alpha 1. It was supposed to be a cheap side project but it sold way more than Darkstalkers and X-Men which they had put way more time and effort into.
>>
>>377983075
>Ibuki
>Balrog
Why would I bother when Jose Jiminez is standing right there!?
>>
>>377982807
Me again. Would any kind anon be willing to jump in a training room with me and teach me a few things? It could be your good deed for the day.

Things I most want to learn:

-How to tech throws more reliably
-What to do on wake up
-What to do when my opponent is down

I know I am not taking advantage when I have my opponent down, it generally just turns into a reset. Everytime I try something as they wake up I seem to lose.

Let me know if anyone is willing.
>>
>>377983064
yeah, I don't like the input buffers or the fact that you have to commit to every string before the sequence even finishes. At least it has some interesting characters.
>>
>>377982249
Speaking of AA, I still can't understand why Ed has so much of them. I mean, he can basically anti air with anything, from his Stand Jab to his crouch Fierce. He also has his Jump Strong, his Uppercut (not his best AA, but still, an invincible AA on three buttons isn't a thing I can complain of), his V skill, his Upkick and his phenomenal Stand forward (One of the best button in the game in my opinion).
>>377982807
>How the fuck do I deal with super high pressure Cammys
Well, to be honest, that's one of the hardest matchup in the game (and even so, it's 7-3 for her, so not unwinnable). When your only defensive options are a slow ass V reversal and a three frames ex armor special which is minus 10 on block, you just take the pressure and punish every stupid thing she might do. Once she knocks you down, you are almost done for.
>>
>>377982807
PICK A TOP TIER or play a different game
>>
>>377982807
against cammy its often not a bad idea to just take the throw midscreen. she gets no oki off that and the damage isnt terrible.
>>
File: 1493568486506.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493568486506.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
I love Street Fighter but I am also equally sick of it. I don't know how they did it but I don't care to see Ryu or his shitty fighting friends ever again.

I've been finding myself playing and paying attention to a lot of older fighting games lately, I think the genre is starting to hit that bubble bursting point for me when it comes to modern day sequels.
>>
>>377982940
oh yeah look at all those deadshot players expressing themselves through their gameplay.
>>
>>377983693
Nothing wrong with that. Not everybody has to go play the newest fighting game just because it's new, older games that were popular because they were good don't stop being good
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.