[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a video game thread. Not a bait thread, not a false flagging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

File: vidya.jpg (241KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
vidya.jpg
241KB, 1300x1300px
This is a video game thread. Not a bait thread, not a false flagging thread, not an off-topic thread. Just a video game thread. Talk about what games you played today or whatever, i'm just tired of all the shit threads currently up.
>>
I was able to try Magician's Dead at R1 yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG3KeCgk5d4

There's a free tutorial on the machine. It seems neat.
>>
Should i buy puyoteto with my last $30?
>>
just finished up some Tomb Raidin' and about to fire up TR3 now.
>>
File: 1408209116489.jpg (153KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1408209116489.jpg
153KB, 768x1024px
Look at this video game shill.

I haven't gotten to play anything yet today, but I'm going to spend the next few hours on some Witcher 3 and Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. I sure do love video games.
>>
I'm playing some Runescape and shitposting in between waiting for my guy to get his grinding done.
It's amazing what a difference having members makes, moss giants were barely 20k per trip in F2P and they shot up to 100k+ from all the ranarr seeds.
>>
Got every achievement in Bayonetta earlier today. Took me about 34 hours.
>>
>>377954546
It's a very good game, anon.
Certainly worth its price.
>>
Got to play F-Zero AX the other day. What a blast; I've always wanted to play that machine.

Today I'm playing SC2 and will be watching WCS later today. I'm a plat scrub atm.
>>
>>377955404
yeah, but if i buy it, i will go broke until my next paycheck. There's no much problem anyway, but who knows.
>>
File: aJxqAfO.jpg (513KB, 560x4559px) Image search: [Google]
aJxqAfO.jpg
513KB, 560x4559px
This is a story about a videogame.
>>
>>377955582
I mean, if you need /v/ to tell you to be responsible, I don't know what you're expecting in life.
>>
>>377955794
kek
>>
I played with my cat girl in FFXIV
>>
>>377955794
not so much, i just wanna play videogames and be comfy.
>>
>>377954028
best way to start a shitposting thread.
>>
>>377955958

Who is this girl?
>>
File: 1472437786401.png (421KB, 704x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472437786401.png
421KB, 704x900px
>>377954028
I've been playing Fallout 4™ and im having tons of fun. What is your favorite mission OP ?
>>
>>377956124
encouraging /v/ to talk about video games is shitposting now?

yeah that sounds about right
>>
>>377956431
haha
>>
>>377956431
that's not video games, stupid frogposter.
>>
File: HHHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH.jpg (707KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HHHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH.jpg
707KB, 1920x1080px
I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma today and got my ass fucking handed to me in a mission where you have to fight a trillion of all of the games dodgiest cunt enemies in a tiny arena
>>
>>377956431
mine does too. especially if i go a while without cleaning it. it emits a distinctly cheddar-like odor
>>
File: 1475189822852.jpg (95KB, 707x578px) Image search: [Google]
1475189822852.jpg
95KB, 707x578px
>>377955582
you should hold off a bit and look if you can find other people who'd play it with you.
In general go lurk puyo tetris threads whenever they go up and decide wether or not the rabbit hole is worth jumping into.

I really enjoy the tetris stuff because I love versus tetris in general
however I never really got into puyo puyo and while it's a good version of puyo puyo,
It hasn't really convinced me to get good at it.

What I love about tetris is how fast paced it is and how you don't just always build things ahead of time to make chains
but quick decision making and adjusting to a new problematic situations happens in a much faster pace and Puyo never really does that for me.

The game does have a LOT of different creative modes that feel like a nice deviation compared to just the normal modes.
The game is 40€ where I live and I still think it's worth that price but in the end you'll have to decide what your money is worth to you.
>>
File: 1389007668027.png (1KB, 214x198px) Image search: [Google]
1389007668027.png
1KB, 214x198px
>>377956654
you know..there are ways you can fix this problem for a small fee
but i'll give you a good deal
>>
I've been playing DCSS as a conjurer since berserker got a bit boring. It's a nice change of pace but as soon as I encounter something I can't kill in 2-3 casts the suffering begins.
>>
Played some CoD World at War and Cities Skylines.
Five hours in WaW and I really like it so far, it's the same problem with Cities as before tough, I start a city, get to 30k ish citizen and then get bored of it and stop playing for a while
>>
>>377956517
This game is baby mode compared to black
>>
>>377956457
Ironic >le catalogue is shit bread xD
If its so shit why is no one doing anything about it? You know people could organize and spam the whole board by stopping what they do and making threads demanding hiro to fuck off or fix his shit. But since that is not happening anytime soon OP is just a faggot pretending to be one of the cool kids that still care about vidya. If did care about vidya he wouldnt be fucking posting here in the first place
>>
File: fucking bullshit.png (811KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
fucking bullshit.png
811KB, 600x875px
I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links on my phone all day because it's a slow as shit day at work. Sphere Kuriboh is the most infuriating card in the game.
>>
File: 1458850219882s.jpg (12KB, 250x217px) Image search: [Google]
1458850219882s.jpg
12KB, 250x217px
>>377954028
without the memes, how much better is W10 compared to 7 for gaming? I'm using a kaby lake CPU which is already unsupported on 7 but still seems to be running fine but I have a feeling I'm gonna have to eventually upgrade since my wifi has been having issues lately.
>>
>>377957094
>OP is just a faggot pretending to be one of the cool kids that still care about vidya
He made a thread for discussing recently played vidya. The fucking nerve of him.
>>
>>377954028
I played Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead but didn't make much progress. Can't make it past day one. Was hankering for some of that Rising Storm Vietnam since it doesn't unlock for a few more days I played some Squad instead. Played a bit of Stellaris too
>>
File: They are blue.jpg (78KB, 848x465px) Image search: [Google]
They are blue.jpg
78KB, 848x465px
>>377957078
Alright, what ever you say Black-chan
>>
I think I'm gonna get Budokai HD and host a tournament with a couple people I know
>>
I'm considering the recent humble bundle with the Boringlands Pre-sequel. How is it?
I enjoyed BL1 and BL2 was pretty decent.
Did they change up the core gameplay loop a lot?
>>
Fleamen and Medusa Heads were invented by Satan himself. CV1 is pretty fun though when I'm not being total shit at it. Probably gonna move onto either CV3 or Ninja Gaiden 1 afterwards, though really I should beat some of the other games I'm currently playing.
>>
>>377957314
W10 is alright. I haven't had any major issues with it, just the "we're going to restart and update and fuck whatever you were doing" thing I had to disable.

I just got Classic Shell, and restored the w7 start menu and I'm good to go.
>>
>>377958009
Classic Castlevania was a lot about what to expect. Especially is difficult places, you want to know when that Medusa Head is appearing. (It will always appear when scrolling at the same point, unless it is an area where they continuously appear.) Most of the time, you can get away with taking one step forward and then whipping; the timing will hit them if you get it right. You can also jump forward and whip when you predict one, and will typically catch it on your way down without needing to stop.

Medusa Heads aren't that bothersome once you get a good way to manage them. It just takes awhile to learn how to deal with their pattern.

Fleamen are massively annoying, though. Your best bet is to get ahead to where they are going to fall, then a ducking whip as they land to kill them before they start hopping around. Also, know when you are close enough to the room exit to run and when you are too far and still need to destroy Fleamen showing up behind you.
>>
I need a VIDEO GAME that's relaxing
I've been under too much stress lately and the video games I have been playing are causing me stress
>>
Is Day Of Infamy any good?
>>
>>377958225
alright, thanks. I'll probably upgrade later after I get my stuff backed up
>>
>>377956832
Have you played WaW on veteran yet?
>>
>>377954028
I've been playing Shadow of the Colossus for the first time lately. I'm I think 9 bosses down. It's fun
>>
File: jesus christ.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Just playing some dead by daylight while I wait for Friday the 13th to release. Moderately excited.
>>
>>377957314
I had some serious memory leak issues impacting games that use a lot of ram (doom, shadow of mordor, etc.) I have 8gb of ram so I think I'm justified in saying win10 still has some issues.

http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-high-ram-cpu-memory-usage-after-windows-10-update.html
This is the site I used to solve most of the problems.
>>
>>377959230
Fuck, this is the exact shit I was afraid of. Granted I have 16gb of ram but still, fuck.
>>
>>377958597
Which games do you find relaxing? I find games like jedi academy relaxing because of the slapstick that occasionaly happens.
>>
>>377958981
No, I started my first playthrough on normal since I don't play FPS all that often.
I imagine it's fucking hell on veteran.
>>
>>377954028
I've been playing as many of the classicvania games as I could, I want to play Rondo of Blood but emulators keep giving me trouble, I might just end up going for the PSP remake.
>>
>>377959485
WaW is notorious out of every CoD game for its veteran campaign. You actually feel like youre in hell.
>>
File: Best adventure game on DS.jpg (124KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
Best adventure game on DS.jpg
124KB, 500x450px
>>377958597
Hotel Dusk Room 215
The music and mystery solving are super chill, and your character is a super chill dude.
>>
I played new prey and it reminded me of deus ex HR so now I'm downloading new deus ex MD
>>
Picked up God Hand again and beat Elvis.
I died 17 times in Chapter 1
>>
>>377959905
you are most certainly not alexander
>>
File: Mr-Gold-and-Mr-Silver.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mr-Gold-and-Mr-Silver.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
>>377959905
Did these guys get you?

Died twice. Heh.
>>
>>377960840
I pretty much cheated and threw every box at them. Plus god hand spam + pummel abuse to take one down immediately.
>>
Been playing Wolfenstein TNO. Really good shooting but the half life style unskippable cutscenes and forced stealth sections bring it down a lot. Still fun overall though.
>>
>>377958413
Yeah knowing what to expect makes stuff a whole lot easier. Last stage I beat I had pretty much the whole stage down except for the boss to where I wouldn't get hit.
>>
Is pic related worth a go or is it too easy?
>>
I spent most of the day trying to into NetHack. It's a bit dense and I'm not really getting it yet, but I'm optimistic.
>>
File: Freelancer.png (5KB, 61x63px) Image search: [Google]
Freelancer.png
5KB, 61x63px
>>377954028

Hacknet came out with an update that supports user generated content. Given that the DLC just came out a couple months ago, modding support dropping out of nowhere was a pleasant surprise.
>>
Been playing Perfect Dark in 60 FPS with mouse controls.
Literally fucking perfect also I forgot how overpowered the Laptop Gun is jesus christ
>>
I've bought Superstar Saga twice but never beat it because I kept losing the cartridge. Downloaded it today and I'll finally play through it after 14 years.
>>
>>377962018
games kinda ass but also cute and endearing. try it
>>
>>377962152
It's pretty hard to get into, mostly takes perseverance to run though it enough times to figure out what you're doing. A few tips:
>your pet kicks a surprising amount of ass, don't be ashamed of letting it do a lot of work for you starting out
>if shit looks bleak, #pray. Starving to death? #pray. Surrounded by enemies and on 1hp? #pray
>drop stuff on an altar to check if it's cursed
>potions and scrolls can be loosely identified by their sale price, sometimes dipping stuff into potions can help, wands can be identified by engraving something in the ground with your fingers, then engraving over it with the wand
>the only 'fair' fight is the one you're winning, act like a giant pussy when you even slightly doubt that you could take something in a straight up fight
>>
>>377954028
I bought a FC Pocket from Aliexpress for $17.
I know that's more of a /vr/ thing, but if I wanted to talk bootlegs with them, I'd likely get drowned out by autistic screechings.

Looks like a pretty decent Famiclone to me. Comes with about 400 games built into it. No repeats. Probably better than a NES Classic ironically enough since its a system on a chip machine and its portable.
Almost perfect for something to knock about with (since its so damn cheap), missing games like Zelda and Kirby though. If it had those last 20 or so must-have NES games it would be perfect.

The funny bootlegs and obscure Japanese titles it has make up for it a bit though.

Getting an Atgames Sega handheld tomorrow I got on the cheap (£15). It's the one with Phantasy Star 2 and 3 and Sword of Vermillion on it (2016 white model). I know the sound is bad on it, but again, my nephew is obsessed with everything Mario and Sonic so its stuff I can happily give him to mess around with for about 20 mins, stuff he'd never play emulated on his 3DS with the shiny new games it has on it. (He often forgets to bring it when he visits though, and I can't have him playing on my GPD Win. That's way to valuable to me to just hand over to people, even if he is very careful for a five year old)

Really would like to find a decent cheap GBA and SNES clone portables. Might mod my old original Silver DS into a makeshift GBA. (Got a DS Lite and several 3DSs and a couple DS flashcarts so it would be more useful to me as a pony for a GBA flash cart)

It seems weird but I kind of like collecting obscure handhelds ever since I got a NGPC as a kid.

Might build a Raspberry Pi Zero I have knocking around into a broken old GBA or PSP I have in my possession. Depending on space though I might stretch that to the Rasperry Pi 3 I have that is getting replaced by an old PC for my arcade setup.

I don't mind if any of the cheap shit breaks. Just means more electronics to potentially play with.
>>
>>377962152
RTFM. Ok, so it's a WIKI, but still.... it helps.

Aldo don't forget to feed your pet or it will eat you.
>>
>>377963092
Thanks for the advice.
>>
I got around to playing some games that I missed out on when they released.
Astro Boy: Omega Force, Catherine and Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
All three of them are utterly amazing and I'm loving every second of them.
>>
File: Far_Cry_4_box_art.jpg (27KB, 290x343px) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_4_box_art.jpg
27KB, 290x343px
Played through this thing this week. I enjoyed it, though I have some issues with certain things, namely the difficulty, the pacing, and the main characters.

The game feels a little too easy, enemies die way too quickly; liberating towers is boring, you would think that after the first one Pagan would've picked up on it and set WAY more security as you progressed, but instead the towers have either 2 or 3 dudes in them, or they're completely abandoned, and the only one that actually feels like any sort of challenge is the last one; enemy outposts are a breeze, just disable the alarm(s) and it's game over for them, this carries over to Fortresses, where all you have to do is snipe the alarms and kill everyone inside. The game warns you against doing it before killing their generals because "they're too hard", but really if you know what you're doing you can liberate the compounds in 5 minutes. Even Pagan's fortress is a fucking joke and you can liberate it way before killing him.
Weapon balancing is also ridiculous, the single-shot grenade launcher and silenced sniper rifles are extremely broken: the first one allows you to destroy ANY vehicle in 1-2 shots, the second makes any place with alarms a complete joke

Because the game is too easy most of the time, the pacing is all fucky. Finishing the first half is already a quick ordeal, but once you get to North Kyrat you can literally ignore everything, liberate all outposts, towers and Fortresses and do the 4 or 5 campaign missions that you have left and bang, game over.

Regarding the characters, I don't know how to feel about the fact that everyone including the MC is a complete cunt. Maybe it was some sort of message? Like, realistically everyone looking to run a country such as Kyrat has some ulterior motives/shady tactics? I don't know, it just left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
>>
I got Risk of Rain today, it was 75% off.
I found a bit hard, but I liked it anyway.
>>
I only recently got to finish yakuza 0 and enjoyed it, should I go for 100% completion?
>>
>>377954028
I'm playing Dragon Quest 7 on my 3DS.
So far it's pretty meh. But I'm just to the second island so I'm assuming because Nips, I'm hardly out of the tutorial after 2 hours.
>>
>>377965753
Keep playing. It does get much better.
The game has a notortiously long-winded slow start. Not like FFXIII's 10 hour start of doing nothing except watch nonsensical madness unfold.
You're likely just before the game starts to get pretty good. About three to four hours, give or take your pace.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.