[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What difficulty should I play The Witcher 3 on? I just want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

What difficulty should I play The Witcher 3 on? I just want to get lost in the world and do every single thing there is to do.
>>
Play it hard
>>
>>377944669
Start off normal. It gets super easy around lvl 20 so crank it up. By lvl 30 the game is a cakewalk if you invest in combat and signs.
>>
There's very little difference in the difficulty aside from some enemies one shotting you without Quen on harder difficulties. Just play on whatever difficulty you're comfortable with and since you're asking, it's probably the easiest difficulty, you casual fuck.
>>
>>377944940
That fucking backwards sweep dracnoids do. Assholes.
>>
Blood and Broken Bones feels aptly challenging imo, and still encourages you to use all the tools you're given. Death March can be frustrating at times, but if you git gud, you can always change the difficulty. Fuck enemy scaling though, a Witcher should be able to slice the head off of a dog an a single swing, not a full out battle.
>>
>>377944669
Don't waste valuable points on alchemy and every difficulty is easy.
>>
It's laughably easy on any difficulty.
I think it's the only fucking "game" (It's more of a movie though) where I never had trouble at any point on the highest difficulty. Entry level spells can kill everything.

Fucking atrocious game
>>
death march is the only way to play it and even then you can fight things 30 levels above you if you have the patience to deal with the little damage output of your weapon.

Game is pisseasy and that is before you figure out how utterly broken quen is.
>>
Witcher 3 is hardest at the very start. The initial fight against those 3 ghouls was rough. Also White Orchard is full of large dog packs which are dangerous because the little shits have pack tactics--alone they're not a threat, but having 5 of them leaping at your back while you try to hack one's head off is irritating.
>>
Like people are saying, abuse Quen and you'll have an easy time, even on the higher difficulties. It's hilariously broken, especially after upgrading it, not that you'd need to.
>>
>>377945412
play with mods then fag
>>
death march

quen just in case then use axii to make everyone kill each other
it's still pretty easy except for imlerith
>>
>>377945725
What mods it has no fucking mods.
Even Fallout 4 had better mods without the creation kit in a month than Witcher 3 has had since its release. What mod will make the gameplay better? The Oak retexture or one of the 20 reshades?
>>
baka. fags always saying how shitty combat is as they spam quen. Death March can be very difficult. Use all the combat mechanics you're givin and actually enjoy yourself.
>>
>>377945307
Wat

Alchemy is the most OP
>>
just play it on easy

enemies are just hp sponges, there's no finesse to the combat at all
>>
>>377944669
Death March. It's very difficult at the start, but later it gets piss easy.
>>
Game gets easy even on the hardest setting after a while.

If you make sure to have the best Witche set you can have at any given level, you will slice through everything.

If you want to clear everything, you will be so overleved that enemies won't be able to touch you 90% of the time.
>>
>>377945412
If you are trying to say that you had no problem winning fist fight mini-games on death march you are a fucking liar. That shit was so broken and stupid.
>>
>>377946475
they were piss easy once your figured out the ai pattern that never ever changes for any fight. It's been a while so i dont remember the exact combo but it was something along the lines of 2 short jabs -> counter opponents heavy attack -> repeat ad nauseum.
>>
>>377946475
All you have to do is spam the quick dodge and retaliate, roll is fucking useless.
>>
>>377944669
Why is Yen so perfect?
>>
>>377947116
Cuck
>>
>>377944669
At least blood and broken bones. On story and sword you can fucking heal whenever you skip time
>>
>being perfect anytime she speaks/moves/breath
Yen is the one.
>>
Play it on Death March. If you use all the tools available to you (which you should), it becomes piss easy at times.
>>
>>377945128
this^
>>
>>377946475

?
The fist fights are easy as hell. You're allowed like 3 hits on you to get knocked out.
Side stepping and parrying for most punches thrown. You can also do a quick attack in the window of the wind up of an attacker to hit him before he hits you. Do that + strong attack when you see a bigger opening and its e z p z
>>
>>377946475
enemies only fast jab attack you if you are right next to them
if you stay more than one step away they have to use the ultra telegraphed swing with insane parry window
>>
Play on normal. Combat is simply disgusting, might as well plow through it.

Playing on normal was the only reason I could stand the game for as long as I did.
>>
>>377944669
Play hard for best immersion. Witching is a challenge and it won't feel very immersive if you just mash X to win on monster hunts you've been prepping for hours on. Hard will force you to atleast make potions and learn about your prey.
Go to Death March if you've played a souls series game and are ok with a clunky beginning.
>>
>>377944901
>level 20
once you have a basic feel for combat wen out of your way to get some decent gear, most likely griffin, it's already prettybeasy
>>
File: lyrota.jpg (664KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
lyrota.jpg
664KB, 2048x2048px
>>377944669
the hardest difficulty, since anything else will get repetitive from how easy it is real quick. even the hardest difficulty will get mundane and effortless eventually, but not the the point of spoiling your fun imo
>>
>>377944669
Deathmarch all the way from the beginning. Just learn when sidestep and roll are applicable and take anti-arrow perk from the start since archers are irritating. To tell the truth, deathmarch is not that hard even, there was some mod to further make enemies more deadly but I believe it is outdated now and I lost my custom copy so no luck here.
>>
>>377944669
Highest one

Early game is hard rest just feels normal
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.