[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How shitty is Undertale, really? I torrented it and i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (5KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
5KB, 460x215px
How shitty is Undertale, really?

I torrented it and i'm looking for some free time when I can play it 100% stoned. (I can't play modern games sober anymore, they're too shitty)

Is it really pure post-modernism the game?
Is there anything in a game that doesn't seem like it was made by some raging college liberal faggot who read too much Derrida and melted his brain with the "everything is a social construct" garbage?
>>
>>377934778
It's shit.
>>
>>377934778
If you can forget the meme status and the fanbase it's pretty medicore
>>
>>377934778
I loved it.
>>
>>377935080
why?
>>
>>377934778
>stoned
DUDE XD
>>
>>377934991
please give me some context
>>
>>377934778

It's good, has some cool moments. It's not too long if I remember correctly. If you enjoy classic rpgs give it a try, don't read guides or spoilers.
>>
>>377935129
I went into it completely blind, knowing absolutely nothing of what to expect or what people thought of it, so I was pleasantly surprised. I bet if you go into it now after seeing its characters and jokes spammed everywhere it's a bit hard to get into.
>>
>>377935201
DUDE LMAO AMIRITE
>>
>>377934778
How about instead of playing games you
SORT
YOURSELF
OUT
>>
DUDE WEED HAHA
SO LIT BRUH!
>>
File: 1494531816649.png (1MB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494531816649.png
1MB, 540x960px
>>377935356
>>
File: absolutely.jpg (9KB, 190x288px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely.jpg
9KB, 190x288px
>>377935356
>>
>>377934778
Why don't you just play it yourself and make your own damn opinion you stupid fucking nigger?
>>
>>377935319

Yeah I'm with you, it's has some moments that I feel were cool, it's an enjoyable experience outside of all the memes and the retarded fanbase. I went blind too, I don't regret it.
>>
File: 1491425833793.png (212KB, 654x560px) Image search: [Google]
1491425833793.png
212KB, 654x560px
>>377934778
Don't fucking ask /v/, just play the game. You'll save yourself brain cells.

It's cute
>>
It's a pretty fun ride. It has some likable characters, the soundtrack is great at times, the gameplay is pretty novel, and the story was enough to get me into it. You might as well give it a go, all you have to lose is the ~10 minutes you spent downloading it.
>>
>>377934778

Honestly, the game itself is fine.

Combat is fine and in some places offers up some actual challenge.
Characters and story are as inoffensive as they are run of the mill.
Soundtrack is top notch, though.

As a video game, Undertale is all around...Okay.
It's the fanbase that's complete shit and tarnishes what little value the game has simply be virtue of them making you hate the game before you even play it because of how much they jerk it off and all the shitty memes.
>>
>>377935201
>>377935381
DUDE WEED LMAO

seriously, i feel like every game is dumbed down today, and to play stoned is to play like the post-modern developers intended originally.

They actually expect double digit IQs as their costumer base. At a solid 130, I can't relate to shit anymore (nier automata was awesome tho , I play it sober whenever i can).
>>377935356
>>377935424
>>377935504
I love Jordan Peterson, i watch his maps of meaning lessons EVERY DAY
Also I'm a millionaire at 26 with a 30 hour workweek
>>
It's a good game, it's the fandom that's shit.
>>
D U D E
U
D
E
>>
>>377934778
Meme game to appeal to "quirky XD" high school kids.

>Haha le skeleton puns!! spaghetti and goats!!
>wow le DEEP and DARK storyline feels
>shitty attempt at danmaku out of nowhere that doesn't fit the game
>obnoxious shitty chiptune loops that people fag over because it's chiptune
>"dude, it's not bad, it's on purpose"
>art is complete trash, so people can play the "but it doesn't matter what's on the outside" card. Game still looks like trash.

It only got popular because homestuck autists hyped it up, tricking people into believing there was more to it.
>>
I didn't play it because I played LISA after you fuckers claimed it was amazing, and it's boring as fuck, so I already had enough of "Mother-likes"
>>
>>377939279
it's much more fun than LISA. The pacing is way better, the combat is way more fun, the characters are probably better than lisa's but I enjoyed both games characters.

LISAs creator turned into a borderline sjw cuck though and probably canceled ninjatears, it was supposed to be the most racist game ever made.
>>
>>377934778
Its a good little inde game. Awesome music.

/v/ its tsundere for this game. People that claim is bad has never played it or hate it for being an actual videogame.

Fanbase is atrocious.

I'd give it a solid 7/10
>>
File: Shinobu Smirk.jpg (145KB, 602x450px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu Smirk.jpg
145KB, 602x450px
It's a game that does morality as heavy-handed as every other game with moral choices, but people pretend it has impactful choices despite the game essentially requiring you to make a choice at the very outset if you're going to be FRIEND OF CHILDREN or TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH.

Your choices never come back to bite you, and trying to go down a neutral path leads to a non-ending that essentially asks you to "Umm, try again, sweetie" to get an actual ending.

You never impact the game. Your choices never come back to bite you. If you spare someone, they never come back later to hurt you. If you kill someone, it never feels like it matters since you're now forced to kill everyone to get an actual ending.

Fuck mortality system in games, they never work. People give Undertale a pass because it made their feefees feel good, but fail to see the underlying problems of the actual game being a chore on either playthrough.

The game also wasn't very funny, but that's a personal thing and I'll concede that people can find the dialogue funny even if I found it really forced.
>>
File: IMG_1454.jpg (51KB, 556x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1454.jpg
51KB, 556x610px
>>377935356
>>
It's an ok game but it has one of the worst fanbases out there since some aspects of it pretty much invite the worst kinds of people from tumblr.
>>
>>377934778
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.