[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was getting high and replaying God of War 3 and I noticed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

So I was getting high and replaying God of War 3 and I noticed a trope in game design: starting you out with loads of equipment/most of your unlockable abilities and then taking them from you at the end of the opening sequence/tutorial only for you to gain them back progressively throughout the rest of the game.

First time I've really keyed in on this Skinner box technique. Happens often in metros games too.

What gives? Is this yet another hook that developers employ to tickle players' dopamine receptors? Is it part of that secret vidya sauce that keeps you playing?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>So I was getting high
>>
>What gives?
I don't know the reasoning, but its often tedious and just flat out annoying instead of rewarding.
>>
File: KonstantineXI.png (229KB, 397x420px) Image search: [Google]
KonstantineXI.png
229KB, 397x420px
>>377931520
Sometimes it's thematically appropriate because otherwise the story wouldn't make much sense.

For instance, in Metroid Prime Samus starts well armed and equipped but loses most of her shit in an accident near the start of the game. It would have been odd for her not to have the items that she previously had in Super Metroid.
>>
>>377931623
DUDE
>>
>>377931676
Metroid 1*
>>
They give the player all the stuff at the beginning of the game to help hook the player and demo the game since most people play the first section.
>>
Its to take away Kratos' weapons that he picked up from God of War 2. So at least its storyline related. I recall that not all the artifacts were taken away.
>>
>>377931747
SMEGMA LOL
>>
>>377931520
HUHUHUH 4/20 BLAZE IT LOL FAGGOT. WEED IS GOOD FOR YOU SHEEPLE XD
>>
This has been happenning for a while, OP. I'm a girl and I already noticed it in Metroid games.
>>
>>377931520
>So I was getting high

In high school my friends, Johnny and Chris, and I stole formaldehyde from the science lab and dipped our joints in it HAHAHA it was crazy, Johnny died.
>>
>>377931520
The designer spelled it out. He does it so you know what to look forward to, that way, when you're at the bottom of that big hill called "progression" you won't give up saying "This game fucking sucks. It takes forever to kill just one stupid guy and I die if anyone hits me with a toy wooden sword"
>>
castlevania on the psx had this, as did one of the saints row games iirc?
>>
>>377932142
>>377932134
I don't know what's worse, the faggot stoners that think it's some kind of bragging point or the knee jerk faggots that feel the need to 'ironic' shitpost.

t. other-than-this-post weed smoker.
You're all faggots.
>>
A Skinner box is a scenario where a repeated action has a chance of causing a reward. This leads to the phenomenon of mammals going nuts on the action, more so than if the action reliably caused the reward every time. What you are describing is this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ATasteOfPower

Also, weed is for chumps.
>>
>>377931623
UH huh HUH huh huh huh HUH HUH HUH
>>
>>377931520
Nobody finishes video games anymore.
>>
>>377931520
You mean abilitease? You JUST fucking noticed that it's a thing?
>>
>>377932139
Are you a "girl" or do you identify as a "girl"? Or is gender a lie?
>>
>>377933112
Don't talk to me anymore.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>377933176
You're a man. Fag
>>
>>377933112
>>377933281
The mere fact you replied to him is exactly what he wanted, you fucking retard
>>
>>377931520
HAHAa dude weed i'm soooo cool !
>>
>>377932696
DUDE
WEED
XD
>>
dank
>>
>>377932213
Yeah, Three pulled it after you got big and popular from the second game.
>>
>>377932696
>I don't know what's worse, the faggot stoners that think it's some kind of bragging point or
the stoners
>>
WEED LMAO
>>
>presses push to talk button
>rips bong
>>
>play an online game
>suddenly bong noises
>>
>>377934246
I know this is supposed to be ironic but I actually heard this shit happen, it's fucking retarded.
>>
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE FUCKING WEEEEEEEEED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUDE!!!!!!!!!! WEED!!!!!!!!!!!! hits bong FUCKING DUUUUUUDE that WEEED like just...................DUDE
LMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOO i am so fucking HIGH on WEED right now XD WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED holla my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST.........ROLL................MY.......................JOINT......................UP........................................AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DANK DANK DANK WEED
LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! ROLL EM SMOKE EM PUT EM IN A BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just FUCKING BAKED right now my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO RAISE YO HAND IF U TURNT AF RIGHT NOW raises both hands AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WEED DUDE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I SMOKE 2 JOINTS IN DA MORNIN MON...........DUDE! WEED! HAAAAAAAAAAAA IM LIKE A FUCKIN KITE RIGHT NOW MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S O F U C K I N G H I G H O N W E E D I CANT EVEN FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKING ONLY THE DANKEST OF HERB MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME OF THAT TRIPLE BANANA WINSTON CHURCHILL MEGA DANK GAZA GRASS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIN SO FUCKIN BLAZED RIGHT NOW DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDE AHAHAHAHHAA BAZINGA
inhales YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cough THIS cough SHIT cough IS cough SO cough FUCKIN cough DANK my DUDE HAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAH WHY AM I EVEN LAUGHING ROTFLMAOO THIS SHIT IS NARSH BRO FUCKIN HELLA SMOKE WEED ERR DAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>377931520
Does that not happen in every God of War game though?
>>
And here comes /v/'s straight edge brigade.
>>
>all these /r9k/fags getting buttblasted
Always a sight to see lmao
>>
>>377931623
>Lights up blunt
>DUDE
>coughs
>WHAT IF...
>hits bong
>WHAT IF...
>grabs the munchies
>WHAT IF FOOD...
>brandishes and points with oreo
>WHAT IF FOOD...
>smokes a fat one
>WHAT IF FOOD...
>injects a whole mariwana
>WHAT IF FOOD SMOKED WEED TOO
>>
>>377935217
kek
>>
>>377935703
100% how sausage party was conceived
>>
>>377934246
Fucking Kek
>>
>>377935217

Nice
>>
File: 1343586082334.jpg (24KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
1343586082334.jpg
24KB, 534x443px
>>377934148
have you ever seen a stoner shit up a thread in a matter of minutes though?
>>
>>377936331
No, it only took a few seconds
>>
>>377936331
Judging by this thread the stoner seems to make the shitty thread in the first place.
>>
>>377935852
That film was pure kino.
>>
>>377931520
Lack of innovation for new power ups.
>>
>>377931520
This has been common knowledge for quite some time now you fucking mongoloid i fucking hate you for being this retarded desu.
>>
File: 1382552955435.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1382552955435.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>377936603
meh, the subject of the thread isn't that bad. way better than template thread #458369. I don't know why the fuck OP mentioned weed, if you stay here for more than 5 seconds you know that just the word triggers the shitposters. oh well
>>
>>377936941
this honestly>>377936780

only a stoner would make such a pointless observation that was talked to death back when darksiders came out
>>
>>377932696
The shitposters. People bringing up weed when it's entirely irrelevant are retarded, and essentially just engaging in blogposting. The shitposters however will derail threads for no particular reason, but that's hardly limited to weed related topics.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.