[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many 'gamers' violent, anti-social, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: the_average_gamer.png (410KB, 1231x824px) Image search: [Google]
the_average_gamer.png
410KB, 1231x824px
Why are so many 'gamers' violent, anti-social, and nasty people?

What is it about gaming that promotes this kind of behavior?
>>
File: DAlDyJPXUAABCGx.jpg (554KB, 1635x1478px) Image search: [Google]
DAlDyJPXUAABCGx.jpg
554KB, 1635x1478px
what games allow me opulent displays of wealth
>>
Because it's a hobby that typically appeals to young men???
>>
>Grew up on a farm with no internet, didn't get internet until well after I graduated High School and got my own place
>Best part of the day was busting my ass doing chores so I could spend the rest of the night/weekend fucking off with my NES/Genesis/whichever was current and new
>Despite being a total farmboy I ended up getting really into anime as a side-product of all the video games I consumed
>Now live on my own, haven't handled farm tools in like six or seven years, and have turned into a full-blown weeb fapping to degenerate loli shit despite looking like what some people on this board would call a "Chad"

You'd never know from looking at me I have a daki and about 800 GB of anime spread across two or three external drives

Fuck 3DPD

I also like to think not everyone on this board is a hopeless neckbeard stereotype and a good portion of you probably have a similar background to me
>>
>>377921197
...That's a diaperfur commission, isn't it
>>
Games attract people that are already those things. For various reasons
>>
>>377921197
how does someone go so downhill on anatomy
>>
>>377921394
>also like to think not everyone on this board is a hopeless neckbeard stereotype

Not anymore. Most of this board is 19 year old reddit transplants now
>>
File: C-3Gm1MXUAIhr9X.jpg (173KB, 876x1260px) Image search: [Google]
C-3Gm1MXUAIhr9X.jpg
173KB, 876x1260px
>>377921513
>he's never seen a well fitting pair of luxurious underwear on a fit person
>>
>>377921780
To be fair I wasn't TOTALLY without internet, I had friends in the country who had internet that I could make a Gaia and shit with, that's how I found this place back in 2008/2009ish when I first moved out
>>
They aren't. It's just cool, easy and edgy to be an asshole online which is where a lot of people discuss gaming. It's easy to say "heh, this fucking game is SHIT and for fags!" on a messageboard or for someone to start an online petition to have an embarrassing game like Metroid Prime Federation Force cancelled and for some dipshit journalist to see that and say "WELL, THE GAMING AUDIENCE IS SOOOO TOXIC". Meanwhile, sports fans literally fucking riot in the streets when they get upset and threaten to murder each other over wearing paraphernalia for a team they don't like. There are also charity streams involving video games that run all throughout the year....but let's forget that because a 12-year-old was mean to you in Overwatch.
>>
because its a more involved manner of escapism
so the more desperate for escapism people will resort to gaming

while other forms of escapism like movies, music, etc are all passive experiences, you sit and watch, sit and listen, you do not interact and never engage with the material.
>>
>>377921595
/thread
>>
>>377921772
except they aren't??? way to stereotype
>>
File: actual cucks lmao.png (414KB, 1788x1414px) Image search: [Google]
actual cucks lmao.png
414KB, 1788x1414px
Better than these kinds of people
>>
>>377922327
Generalisation is one hell of a drug, right?
>>
>>377921394
Thanks for the fucking blog no one cares about
>>
>>377922676
Pretty much... It's always easier to assume than to actually dig for the truth or learn
>>
>>377922926
/thread
>>
>>377920875
Keep your nigger memes on reddit and twitter please
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.