[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick rundown? Are the tower climbing, crafting and chest collecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: far_cry_4_game-wide.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
far_cry_4_game-wide.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
Quick rundown? Are the tower climbing, crafting and chest collecting a must or are they purely optional shit which I can ignore and focus on story?
>>
They're all optional but towers unlocks weapons and maps, so they're almost mandatory to make your playthrough more convenient. Crafting and chest are purely optional.
>>
File: 1487378024526.jpg (6KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1487378024526.jpg
6KB, 223x251px
>>377920654
>towers unlocks weapons

Wow, they couldn't just give them to bosses or hide them behind waterfalls or some shit, but had gate them behind filler content.
>>
>>377920791
I might be wrong, but they works like FC3 in which they unlock weapons ON THE SHOP which mean you can't buy them before doing towers and after doing it, you still have to buy them.

Stupid, I know.
>>
They're optional but at the same time they're the reason people play these games. Climb towers to unlock the map, find chests to get money and other collectibles, hunt to upgrade weapons and gear, infiltrate outposts however you want

It's a good loop and it makes sense why they just keep reskinning fc3
>>
You're probably gonna have to climb some towers and craft a few things, but other than that I found most of the game pretty fun.
>>
>>377920462
you can completely ignore them
but without them you'll finish the game after about 2 hours
>>
>>377920462

Worst thing about the game is that you can't side with Pagan Min or whatever his name is.
>>
>>377920462
Drop this one and play Far Cry 3 if you haven't already. It's the better game. From a mechanical aspect both games completely identical.
>>
>>377921164
>it makes sense why they just keep reskinning fc3

It's not just Far Cry though, literally every Ubisoft game now follows this exact formula. The Crew, a fucking racing game, even had its equivalent of towers.
>>
>>377922124
I played blood dragon and loved it
>>
>>377922124
Eh, it's a matter of preference. Personally I like FC4 since I like mountains and Himalayas.
>>
The first half of the game is grinding for Karma

The second half is using the Shredder on everything
>>
>>377922178
It's also spreading to other devs.
From memory, Mad Max and Dying Light followed a very similar formula.
>>
>>377922541
>The first half of the game is grinding for Karma
>>
>>377922646
Pretty sure most open world games today follow the same Ubisoft formula. Even MGS V did it.
>>
>>377922124
FC4 is better mechanically if only because of body dragging and ESPECIALLY shooting/takedown from a vehicce. Fuck, going back to FC2 where you're a sitting duck for any and all niggers who jump into a technical was infuriating.
>>
>>377920462
damn FC4 protag was ugly as sin
>>
>>377920990
actually no
weapons are unlocked on a game advancement basis, so after certain missions you could buy new weapons
doing towers allowed you to get weapons for free instead of buying them
>>
>>377923401
Man, I know there's something wrong with my memory
>>
I have a copy of FC4 lying around untouched.

Should I play it? I haven't played FC3 since 2012.
>>
>>377923684
Do you like FC3? If you do, you will like it. If you don't, then just don't.

Because it's the same shit.
>>
>>377923684
If you liked FC3. It's mostly more of the same.
>>
>>377922906
Hell, even BOTW did it, though at least they had the good sense to not clog the UI down with a shitton of markers that remove the exploration aspect.
>>
>>377920462
Just play FC3. 4 has some better mechanics, but is less interesting. The valley of the yetis dlc is good though. The map is always revealed and weapons are hidden on the map. Exploration in that is actually fun.
For FC4 in general:
>towers
Technically optional, but you'll do them.
>crafting
Optional and annoying, but you'll probably do it anyway.
>chests
Completely optional, but you're not going to not open them. I mean they're usually really convenient.
As per usual, attacking outposts is the only fun part of the game. Making them replayable and adding fortresses was a great idea though. FC3 and 4 break immersion with too much HUD and xray vision shit, which I like to turn off on subsequent playthroughs while also limiting my weapons for role-playing purposes.
>>
>>377924143
BOTW did the Ubisoft formula mostly right (except for the shrines). They finally fix the core problems of Ubisoft games by removing shit.

That's the biggest problem with Ubisoft games: They handhold you too much.
>>
>>377924369
Can't the Far Cry games be improved by turning all the handholding shit off?
>>
File: how to climb towers.jpg (91KB, 1338x850px) Image search: [Google]
how to climb towers.jpg
91KB, 1338x850px
>>377924630
You can disable most of the HUD elements individually which helps.
>>
>>377924630
That's exactly what Ziggy mod for FC3 does. Removing any casual shits. I'm not sure if there's the FC4 equivalent of that mod.
>>
>>377924630
Problem is you still need to turn it back on for the missions because they aren't designed to organically lead you to your destination, or give you the tools to do it yourself.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.