[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, this series spun up way too many games. Where should I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: yscelcetacoveru.jpg (124KB, 640x818px) Image search: [Google]
yscelcetacoveru.jpg
124KB, 640x818px
Man, this series spun up way too many games. Where should I start? Is the vita one a good starting point?
>>
I started with that game. Didn't get very far but I enjoyed what I did play of it.
>>
>>377915719
Start with any of the ones on Steam.
Origin is a good entry point since it's a distant prequel.

Ys 1 & 2 are pretty dated so you might end up hating the series if you start with those.
>>
File: 1477433473112.png (1MB, 1456x2348px) Image search: [Google]
1477433473112.png
1MB, 1456x2348px
>>377916379
Also pic related, from 4+4chan Falcom general.
>>
>>377915719
Oath in Felghana is the best game, and I think the games with similar gameplay play best, which are Origin and YS VI.

Celceta is good but is missing the best song from YS IV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpycuRtioeM

I struggle to get into the bumper car ones so I won't comment on them.
>>
>>377916450
To update this image YS VIII is definitely coming to Steam and it's later this year.
>>
>>377916458
Whoever thought that Bumper Car mechanics were good idea for combat should be flayed and skinned alive. I will never be able to get into those games in the series.
>>
>>377916594
It's being """localized""" by NISA though which means it's guaranteed to be raped.
They already fucked up Adol's name as "Adel" instead for example.
NISA is cancer incarnate, better hope that somebody fantranslates it or at least retranslates the shittiest parts.
>>
>>377916596
The series is almost 30 years old now I think it's ok.
>>
>>377916685
Didn't NISA do Memories of Celceta as well, or am I wrong.
THey got his name right in that.
>>
>>377916821
No, they had nothing to do with Celceta beyond publishing it in EU.
It was still translated by XSEED and published in America by XSEED.
Ys8 is fucked because XSEED lost the rights to the franchise (due to NISA outbidding them with their jewbux) and XSEED can no longer translate those games.
And NISA is notorious for Treehouse-tier """translations""".
NISA and Treehouse are literally the two worst companies you could ever get working on your Weeb media and as such I sure as fuck ain't even buying and probably not even pirating Ys8.
Falcom have only themselves to blame for being jews and losing loyal customers like me (plenty of people are assmad about this).
>>
>>377917047
Oh ok, that's why their name is on my box.
>>
File: 1436741806774.jpg (3MB, 2158x1961px) Image search: [Google]
1436741806774.jpg
3MB, 2158x1961px
>>377915719
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.