[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games let you transform into a super mode at will in battle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1652.png (2MB, 1280x1156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1652.png
2MB, 1280x1156px
What games let you transform into a super mode at will in battle? Temporarily changing to a stronger form to fight is one of my favorite things.
>>
File: Phoenix.jpg (184KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix.jpg
184KB, 1280x1810px
>>377911874
I CAN'T CONTROL IT
>>
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Senran Kagura
God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Top 3 are JRPGs, latter two action games. This probably has some more under the Video Games section.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TransformationSequence
>>
Pokemon X and Y
>>
>>377911874
Tales of Zestiria
>>
File: HrIm9HH.gif (1MB, 340x238px) Image search: [Google]
HrIm9HH.gif
1MB, 340x238px
Devil May Cry.

You still gotta be good though.
>>
>>377911874
I fucking love it when games allow me to do this.

>>377912175
DARK PHOENIX RISES

UMvC3 had a lot of this actually. It was pretty sick.

>>377912967
That's the way that it should be.
>>
File: YRP.jpg (403KB, 1464x740px) Image search: [Google]
YRP.jpg
403KB, 1464x740px
>>377911874
Final Fantasy X-2
>>
>>377911874
Do you consider fusion a super mode?
Digimon Next Order has Extra Cross Evolution.
>>
>>377913702
>Toriyama shit

Get off the stage, anon
>>
>>377911874
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. Very counter-intuitive game, but brilliant mechanically. Your super-form is literally busted and make bosses a joke, but the entire game is essentially timed and entering super form takes huge chunks out of your timer, meaning you run out of time and can't beat the game. Of course, the game is designed such that you're encouraged to push forward and start over repeatedly cause there are things that carry over when you game over, so go nuts if you feel like it.
>>
The later battle networks did if i remember correctly there was also shit like dark chips and synchronization
>>
>>377914521
Fuck Dragon Quarter, it's shit.

Play Breath of Fire 3 and 4 instead, OP.
It's the true "Change into a dragon and fuck shit up" experience.
>>
File: BoFIII_Rei_Artwork.png (476KB, 614x981px) Image search: [Google]
BoFIII_Rei_Artwork.png
476KB, 614x981px
>>377911874

Breath of Fire III has a system where you can mix "genes" to turn the main character into a dragon. Many different types of dragons with different abilities.

Breath of Fire IV has a system where you simply have 5 or 6 types of dragons you can turn into and they are quite powerful, generally immune to status changes.

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter has a dragon mode that is accessible any time and literally invincible except using it will build up a meter that auto-kills you and ends the game if it reaches 100%.
>>
File: dmc3-dante-devil-trigger.jpg (68KB, 760x900px) Image search: [Google]
dmc3-dante-devil-trigger.jpg
68KB, 760x900px
Devil May Cry, obviously
>>
The Hyperdimension series. Of course, then you're playing Hyperdimension, and that's not okay.
>>
>>377914739

DQ is not as bad as I thought when I first played it. I liked the fairy system in it and Lin's combos are really really fun to figure out.

But save tokens are dumb and absolute defense was just annoying.
>>
>>377911874
Tales of Xillia 2, but it makes you invincible so all the challenge is pretty much gone for several seconds
>>
kingdom hearts 2
>>
Megaman Command Mission
>>
>>377914956
This post reeks of new and b8
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.