[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games with stories and narratives that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 255px-Bastion_Boxart.jpg (19KB, 255x305px) Image search: [Google]
255px-Bastion_Boxart.jpg
19KB, 255x305px
What are some games with stories and narratives that actually take advantage of the medium instead of dumping cutscenes and walls of text on you like wannabe movies and books?

Supergiant games did a really great job of this with Bastion and Transistor. Portal is another game that comes to mind.
>>
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
>>
File: Transistor_art.jpg (82KB, 333x459px) Image search: [Google]
Transistor_art.jpg
82KB, 333x459px
Both games are worth checking out. Bastion and Transistor are in my opinion how a game that wants you to focus on its story should be done.
>>
when the hell is Pyre coming out anyway
>>
File: pathologic_fi.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pathologic_fi.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Pathologic and The Void are pretty much the best examples of this right

Bastion, Braid, all Team Ico game and, Cryostasis also comes into mind.
Some people also really like to praise Brothers: Tale of Two Sons, though personally I did not really enjoy it.
>>
>>377903624
Bastion also satisfied a gameplay itch that I can't seem to get out of another game. The way the weapons worked, the upgrade system, light RPG elements, it was perfect. Transistor was pretty good too.
>>
File: 1362293703378.jpg (35KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1362293703378.jpg
35KB, 250x225px
Hades ripping up the credits. And the way they had the conversations not break up the gameplay was pretty great. It was pretty spectacular to hear Hades say "Alright boys, its lootin time!" and watch a massive underworld attack crash into an Aurum ship, while I was playing instead of in a cutscene.
>>
>>377903739
I dont know. But I'm cautious about Pyre because it's a sports game in terms of gameplay basically and I need to like the gameplay of a game or I can't play it.
>>
>>377904397
I was the same, but I have faith that they can make it fun and it's an interesting risk to take for them gameplay-wise
>>
>>377904546
I'm trying to go in with no expectations either way. I dont want to have too much faith and get burned or have too little and decide before it comes out if I like it or not.
>>
>>377903613
I agree. It was quite something.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.