[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on the 3rd palace and I've realized something.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 27

File: persona_5_by_kr0npr1nz-d7xw3ps.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
persona_5_by_kr0npr1nz-d7xw3ps.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
I'm on the 3rd palace and I've realized something. Most of these characters problems could be solved with them saying "fuck off" and reporting the perpetrator to the police.

>I'm gonna get you expelled for trying to prove I abuse kids
>Fuck off
>Get victims to testify against him

Same goes for the next guy. Have the victims finger him.

The mob boss one is even dumber. He let them go. All they had to do was report him or ignore him. So what if he took a picture? Is being seen with booze that big of a deal? You can find ways to explain the picture.

Are these things Japanese people fear? Most of these problems could be remedied just by speaking up.
>>
>>377903467
The whole point is that society is at fault and thus the going to the police who serve to regulate society would be ineffective. More to the point each of the palace owners are in positions of authority and are able to coerce others into making them appear innocent at a glance whether through social pressure or actual threats
>>
The literal first thing they do in the first two places is try getting the victims to speak up towards the police. Both times it fails.

After all, they cant exactly go "I can enter this magical world and learn things I don't know". The ONLY thing they have to go on is the victims admitting what happened, which they refused to do both times.

And in the third case, the guy is literally a criminal that the police are trying to build a case against.

And Makoto literally goes to her sister, who's building a case against this guy, and tells her that he's blackmailing students. Nothing happens.

And yeah, the picture is a big deal for Japanese folks.
>>
>>377903467
>>Get victims to testify against him

They LITERALLY TRIED THAT. No one would speak. How the fuck did you miss it? Like, they literally actually tried that as the FIRST FUCKING THING.
>>
Japan has the criminal justice system of a third world country
>>
>>377903467
>Most of these problems could be remedied just by speaking up.- 2 posts shown.
Good fucking job, you figured out the point.

Remember the game is made by Japanese to Japanese tackling Japanese issues.
Victims of abuse or other shit not speaking up is a thing everywhere, but in Japan it's probably bigger than on average western country.
High school is all about getting to good college, college is all about landing a good job and job is doing what boss asks you until you die on overworking. Doing something that might hinder that plan is bad and wrong.
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (24KB, 335x352px) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
24KB, 335x352px
>>377903467
Well, if hentai has taught me anything it's that, in Japan, the best way to keep the victim quiet is threatening to publish the video you made of the rape. Never mind that such a thing would be a worse incrimination than just the victim's accusation and thus remove the need to keep her quiet in the first place.

I guess that's just how Japan works.
>>
>>377903467
>Most of these problems could be remedied just by speaking up
And that is the problem. Japs are pussies, the ones in any position of power know this, shit's fucked from the top down. As long as everything looks orderly, nobody bothers to do anything.
>>
>>377903467
>Contrived situations in place to drive the story
wtf I hate fiction now
>>
>>377903467
OP restart the game, but pay attention this time.
>>
>>377903467
Once you fuck up your reputation in Japan, you become an outcast for life. Being an outcast is every Japanese person's worst fear.
>>
The entire game is more or less a criticism against the Japanese way of handling law and order. You're making the mistake of thinking that multiple witnesses, even if they spoke up, can change things and get the offender punished. Like the anons above me said, the entire plot for the 1st dungeon is that you CAN'T go to the police. No students will testify, and it would be your word - with no proof - against a gold winning olympist, whom is considered highly prestigious in Japan. It would be like if 3 high schoolers tried to accuse Lebron James of abusing kids; nobody would listen to them or take them seriously.
>>
>>377904437
That and Godzilla.
>>
>>377903942
No, I get that. That's what I'm saying all the victims need to nut up and speak out. Is this some kind of japanese keep quite culture?
>>
>>377903467
The whole point of the game is that the victims of each case won't say anything and it's up to you and your friends to force the bad guy to admit to their crimes
If everything could've been solved by simply going to the police, wouldn't all the criminals be arrested already before the mc even shown up in April? Why would it work now when it wouldn't work before?
>>
>>377904632
Think about Kamoshida's case.
The volley ball team was established to be a easy way to college. So even if one person is like "this sucks, I go tell the cops that coach beats us", rest of the team will be like "fuck no you won't, we want to get to good collge and we are not fucking studying for it, just grid your teeth and suffer though, we all do the same".

Don't rock the boat. That's the Japanese way.
>>
>>377904437
That also bothered me about the MC's situation. He could have told the cops before being accused.
>I saved this woman from being raped.
>She is being blackmailed by this high powered guy to say I started the fight.
>>
>>377904803
It would be the word of random punk against the word of two adults, one of which was extremely well known and powerful.
>>
>>377904803
And the woman in question testified against him instead. That's two people's word against his, especially noting the person he was trying to defend in the first place.
>>
>>377903467
>is being seen with booze that big of a deal?

I know kids in highschool who lost their scholarships because of pictures like that. I'd imagine they'd be even more strict in Japan, a country that supposedly takes education more seriously.
>>
>>377903467
Did you even play the fucking game?

or by you saying "i'm on the 3rd palace" you actually meant "I'm watching a Lets Play whose on the 3rd palace"
>>
>>377905172
Remember mate: who's is a contraction of who is while whose is possessive.

For example, "Who's the wise guy around here?" vs "Whose kids shat in my yard?"
>>
>>377904803
Shido literally owns the police. If they went against what he said, their careers would have been ruined.
>>
>>377905785
>finally kill off Shido and his palace
>urge to continue playing completely evaporates
I think I'm done. Motivate me to power through Mementos.
>>
>>377906049
Christmas and Valentine's Day
>>
>>377906160
Fuck. I'm going.
>>
>>377903467
>thinks the police are on your side
Police force weeds out good people and keeps the uncaring assholes who just want a paycheck and to beat people up.
>>
>>377903467
>jap police
>doing anything ever

what's the name of that one jap girl that got murdered after going to the police to report a stalker over and over and being told to fuckoff every time

and then the police tried to ruin her reputation in order to place the blame for her rape-murder on her?

Cause that shit happens in japan
>>
>>377907157
99% conviction rate (that might have gone down to amazing 98% in recent years).
That's not just because the justice system when you get to court being shit, but apparently cops are unwilling to act for cases that are not easy and clear cut.
If there is any chance of being wrong and catching innocent and thus loosing face, it's better to just ignore the case.
>>
>>377907329
see that would justify ignoring her stalker report
the later part of after she died they tried ruining her reputation tho, that's, as they say in my japanese animes, unforgivable
>>
>>377903467
None of these things are exactly uncommon, including police corruption.
>>
>>377907487
That part was basically for "we didn't make a mistake here, she was wrong and guilty and bad person."
It's all about saving the face.

I read an article that reflected P5 on real life Japan and apparently there had been a case of sports coach abusing students and suicide as a result.
In court the school basically went "well we might have a tiny abuse problem, but that suicide was totally unrelated." It's all about saving and keeping face.
>>
>>377903467
Mako being pictured with booze and a mob boss would seriously affect her chances of getting into a good college of landing a job in a legal area.
The PE tech would just deny it and there is no real evidence against him
This is actually a problem in Japan.
>>
File: Japan.jpg (616KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Japan.jpg
616KB, 1280x2880px
>>377907748
face is such a fucked up concept
>>
File: 2.png (120KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
120KB, 512x512px
>This entire thread
Just be yourself, bro!
It's that easy.
There's no nuance to worry about.
>>377907962
Good thing Kamoshida has a big face.
>>
>>377903467
In my preparatory year in college i got a retard who can't teach shit, so i asked my colleagues to go with me to the administration to complain and they said that it was just a hassle even though they agree that he's a retard
>>
>>377903467
Its a japanese thing. Nobody ever wants to get the police involved even if it is to their benefit and said police is often considered to be incredibly useless. This is why you often see japs depicts cops as utterly clueless in all of their media.
>>
>So what if he took a picture? Is being seen with booze that big of a deal?
They literally explain this, you mong. The main character is on probation. If he gets caught doing something like underage drinking with mob bosses, then what the fuck do you think is going to happen?
>>
File: 1494416532388.png (256KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1494416532388.png
256KB, 500x346px
Welcome to social coruption. People know that it's wrong but once it sinks in it gets normalized and speaking against it will just get you killed.
my current job has a supervisor who has no superiors here since he reported them to higher ups and now he's the only ranking person here. He's done nothing but force people he hates to do work while letting his buddies get raises and do minimal effort. 2 people already spoke out on him on the mater, one got moved to another location with less pay, the other just fired via blackmail and false charges. Now I'm here as a fucking scapegoat when something goes wrong, and I can't leave unless I want to screw my best friend out of his job here. Everyone know these facts but can't say shit unless they want to get fired as well.
>>
>>377908969
but he's not drinking
he's in the same photograph as alcohol
>>
>>377904803
>tell cops
>woman says you are lying
>shido says you are lying
Good job
>>
>>377908703
Tenure was a mistake.
>>
I want to be kamoshida and fuck prime high school pussy!
>>
>>377909571
>that one girl he raped so hard and so often she attempted suicide
My dick was diamonds.
>>
>>377907329
They pressure the shit out of suspects into confession, they can hold you up to 23 based on suspicion and just spend that time trying to break you into confessing
>>
>>377903467
How does it feel to know you completely and entirely missed one of the major points of the game?
>>
File: H-help!.jpg (10KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
H-help!.jpg
10KB, 249x202px
Does anyone have this image in decent quality?
>>
>>377906049
The ending is pretty fucking amazing. I'll leave it at that
>>
Persona protagonists are all pussies.
I mean in SMT they would just whip out their demons and tear the enemie's apart. This changing hearts stuff wouldn't even come to their minds.
>>
>>377910103
Which game was it where they literally ate their enemies while in demon form?
>>
>>377904632
In the west it's, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"
in Japan it's, "the nail that stands up, gets hammered down"
>>
>>377909786
Yes, there is that too.
In the end japanese justice system is fucked on multiple levels, and Ace Attorney games are maybe more accurate than people assume.

>>377910158
Digital Devil Saga. Though technically that's a spinoff too, instead of being mainline.
>>
Akechi was in the right
>>
>>377910103
I mean they can't manifest their persona in the real world. If they could, I'm sure at least Ryuji would have spooked the fuck out of tons of people without thinking.
>>
>>377903467
>Most of these characters problems could be solved with them saying "fuck off" and reporting the perpetrator to the police.

I don't think you know how Japan works.
>>
>>377910303
Right about what?
>>
>>377903467
>do this
>get your shadow killed by akechi under shido's orders because you're an obstacle to them now
>have a mental shutdown and die irl
>game ober
great work, OP
>>
>>377910503
OP isn't that far along yet, dingus.
>>
>>377910103
Nigga persona MCs cant manifest their demons irl. That was the whole point. In fact this game was the first to show us how it would feasibly happen as well as shows that SMT and Persona are somehow interlinked, yet not the same.
>>
>>377910906
Persona 1 and 2 protagonists were able to manifest their personas in real life.
>>
>>377910103
SEES can manifest theirs in real life, well at least Aki, Aigis and Fuuka can. Aigis sort of cheating since of what she is through, but she is technically a MC.
>>
>>377911029
>Nyanco merges the world of demons and humans
>just like yabbadabbadoo does
Hmmm
>>
>>377911029
>Persona 1 and 2 protagonists were able to manifest their personas in real life.
That is becuase of what happened with Phil and Narly and the demon world and human world were merged.
>>
>>377910017
Is that supposed to be femJoker?
>>
>>377903467
Japanese society is fucked, endgame spoilers this theme reaches its climax when fucking Shido admits he's behind a shit ton of murders and the country still wants him to be the prime minister to save face.
>>
>>377903467
This isn't even a Japanese culture thing.
look how long Bill Cobsy was free to rape people, look at Penn state cover-up of Sandusky
>>
>>377911581
Yes
>>
>>377910906
From what Morgana said after Joker beat Yaldy there's no real difference between real world and metaverse. It's all about cognition. If demons suddenly pop out in real world they would go "if they can be here then we can summon our personas" and it would work.
>>
>>377903467
It's cause the story is meant for japanese society. Even the creator said its a very japanese story and he was afraid americans won't get it. A lot of the ideas and conflicts in the game stem from japanese societal concepts.

Japanese persona 5 story: 9/10
American persona 5 story: 3/10
>>
>>377904307

Yeah even the 'what's that weird eyeball on your phone' thing would never happen because how many fucking thousands of apps that you've never heard of are out there. IT's okay to put your nitpicking away in service to suspension of disbelief
>>
>>377911935
My biggest complaint with that is how no one understands basic security.
You get weird app like that on your phone you don't just go "huh, it reappeared when I deleted it", you fucking factory reset your phone and after that doesn't help, go shopping for a new one.
>>
>>377912103
>Go this far to get rid of a magical App that when you first got it let you freeze time and see a cool demon thing
You must be a very boring person.
>>
>>377911729
Yeaaah but that'd either have to be because of another god fucking with that world or persona users pushing demons REALLY HARD to make everyone believe in them. It sounded more like "the metaverse is borked" than "anything can happen."
>>
>>377912383
Well they still understand Morgana even after his metaverse form is gone and he's a real cat so basically, it's cognition i ain explain shit.
>>
>>377912103
Well he realized after 2 day what the app did, and considering the MC had tons of other shit on his plate it doesn't suprise me that he didn't immediately factory reset or bought a new one.
>>
>>377912383
I remember in P4A Aki said is able to summon his Persona in the real world now from just pushing and trying enough and Aigis seems to be able to do it, but Aigis has so much shit going for her isn't really a fair comparison I guess.
So I guess if you try hard enough it should be possible
>>
File: 1494376289088.jpg (43KB, 714x643px) Image search: [Google]
1494376289088.jpg
43KB, 714x643px
Does /v/ still hate her?
>>
File: 59138132_p0.jpg (220KB, 700x726px) Image search: [Google]
59138132_p0.jpg
220KB, 700x726px
>>377913009
I love her.
>>
>>377913009
I don't hate her, but I found her boring and she had the personality of a dead fish. Still better then Ann.
>>
File: 1493420362266.png (126KB, 423x416px) Image search: [Google]
1493420362266.png
126KB, 423x416px
>>377913009
Nothing against Makoto, but I just love her big sister more
>>
>>377903467
because SHITTY ADULTS
>>
File: makoto queen.jpg (41KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
makoto queen.jpg
41KB, 500x600px
>>377913009
No because she is PERFECTION
>>
>>377913009
She's my favorite girl in the series, so no. She's awesome
>>
>>377912692
Ok but shouldn't that mean that everyone should understand Morgana? Or at the very least, shouldn't your confidants who recognized the world going to hell understand?
>>377912752
Yeah I just kinda assumed that only Aigis would be able to.
>>
File: Mementos convo69.png (654KB, 1143x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mementos convo69.png
654KB, 1143x540px
>>377913009
I like her "big sis" trait, but not "no fun allowed" trait.
>>
>>377913571
>Ok but shouldn't that mean that everyone should understand Morgana? Or at the very least, shouldn't your confidants who recognized the world going to hell understand?
The whole point was that you need to hear him talk first in metaverse. Basically your brain goes:
>Morgana can talk
>this cat is Morgana
>this cat can talk
>>
>>377913946
Doesn't Pancakes man throw everything you said out the window?
>>
>>377914070
Madarame mentions that a black masked intruder was in his dungeon and he said intruder was with the PT, it's very likely he got a look at the party, which is why he approached you, Ryuji and Ann in the TV station because he already had a solid lead that you were the phantom thieves.
>>
>>377914070
Dude that was whole point why he fucked up. He shouldn't hear Morgana talking about pancakes
>>
>>377914070
Pancake-kun was the Black mask guy Shadow Madarame mentioned before fighting the PT. It was a possibility that he knew Mona's voice from the fight.
>>
>>377913381
im presuming you cant romance her
>>
>>377913946
Ok but then how wouldn't they know after the shido and yabadabbadoo fight? I'm pretty sure the Shido broadcast had them in their phantom gear and showed Morgana's outline, and they heard a voice distinctly different from the rest of the PT durring Yabbagarugamesh. At the very least Sojiro should've understood. Hell so should Sae.
>>
>>377915323
I think you need to clearly see Morgana talking not just hear his voice from somewhere
>>
>>377909205
Damn, sounds like you need the phantom thieves
>>
>>377913468
Anal queen Best Girl.
>>
The entire game would change if Joker had just accepted the car ride he was graciously offered by Kamoshida.

Why the fuck did he turn it down?
>>
File: 1829574.jpg (12KB, 210x259px) Image search: [Google]
1829574.jpg
12KB, 210x259px
>>377915685
Well alright.
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_the_Protagonist.png (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_the_Protagonist.png
101KB, 500x500px
>>377909205
What is your, boss's full name?
>>
>>377915323
>>377915685
I'm pretty sure you need to be in the metaverse with Morgana and hear him talk to understand his cognitions.
>>
File: 005.jpg (1MB, 2228x1600px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
1MB, 2228x1600px
>>377903467
contextually japanese society is depressing as fuck. they learn to accept their shitty situations rather than speak up and reject it. that's why a lot of awakenings you see is them actually speaking up and rejecting their piece of shit situations.

plus their justice system is incompetent as fuck and work-wise ethics especially with higher ups are shitty
>>
>>377916294
Anyone else love these scenes?

>Tell me their name
>>
>>377904803
there's a power structure that plays a role that you're not seeing anon
>>
>>377903467
Do you really not understand how Japanese society works?
>>
>So what if he took a picture? Is being seen with booze that big of a deal?

It's Japan, she'd be shamed into oblivion.
>>
>>377904632
it's not particularly uncommon in the west. japan probably gets more of it because of timidity culture.
>>
>>377911692
and Jimmy Savile in the UK, to name just one
>>
File: 1492738609250.webm (585KB, 408x544px) Image search: [Google]
1492738609250.webm
585KB, 408x544px
>>377913252
yes.
>>
>>377915010
Either her, Lavenza or some new chick will be the Aeon Confidant in the inevitable update I bet.
>>
>>377904112
Yeah, Japan's pretty backwards in that sense. They're big on that "tainted goods" outlook, which is why they insist women get married before 25 or shit like that.
>>
>>377919710
but arent they also really big into prostitutes
>>
>>377904616
>being outcasted by Godzilla
Time for seppulcher
>>
>>377911770
What would Persona 5's plot be if it was catered to an American audience? Just out of curiosity
>>
>>377917654
Not OP, but this was my first Persona game and I'm not familiar with Japanese culture at all. Pls explain to a casual burger.
>>
>>377919905
True, but prostitutes are forced into their situation and they don't have any more options once they've entered that position. So they're essentially trapped.
>>
>>377920275
Make the boys Kamoshida was abusing to be either gay or trans.
Madarame is a filthy pirate posing as a renowned indie film director, Yusuke helps him do camrips of new movies for "research" (same reason for which he wants to film Ann naked).
Kaneshiro and Burger King can be pretty much left as is, maybe make Kaneshiro mexican or black though.
Replace Shido with Trump.
>>
>>377920275
Lessen focus from complacency of the victims and play up the corruption and power difference between the victims and the people in power.
>>
>>377920275
It can be literally the same thing.

It is foolish to think Americans dont experience the exact same thing.

People look the other way when its someone important, powerful, rich, or a combination of those.
>>
>>377921045
This actually sounds really good. I'd love to see them pull this off.
>>
>>377921761
Just takes new localization.
>Revelations: Persona 5
>>
>>377904112
It's not just Japan that pulls that shaming bullshit. When it comes to rape the first thing that happens is the victim gets put on trial. Instead of people focusing on the rapist they focus on things like "Once in 95 the victim was caught sucking dick in the back of a bus, clearly this means it wasn't rape."
>>
>literally brainwash people
>police wants to catch you
>WOW EFFIN' ROTTEN ADULTS WTF WE'RE GOOD GUYS HERE, MUH JUSTICE
>>
>>377922582
No, no, Charlie, WE'RE the good guys.
>>
>>377922582
Tell me which law prohibits changing peoples' hearts through palaces.
>>
>>377923775
I'd classify it as assault with a deadly weapon given the potential for fatal mental shutdowns.
>>
File: tmp_6640-14932182092961917644401.jpg (424KB, 1024x836px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6640-14932182092961917644401.jpg
424KB, 1024x836px
>>377913468
No she is
>>
>>377923775
Changing people's hearts is the equivalent to extortion because you essentially beat people into submission
>>
File: 1494707822412.jpg (733KB, 1275x972px) Image search: [Google]
1494707822412.jpg
733KB, 1275x972px
>>377925346
I would have to disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>377909718
but he didn't fuck anybody
>>
>>377904632
Did you pay attention to what happened with Ryuji? That's what happens when someone tried to speak up vs Kamoshida.

The entire point is that speaking up didn't do anything because the school was corrupted beyond repair.
>>
Mishima should have been the antagonist
>>
File: Persona 5 NG+.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Persona 5 NG+.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>377903467
>UGH, I'M SO WORRIED, IS THIS ACTUALLY GOING TO WORK?
>>
>>377907962
Not really, its just the most basic of human ego.
>I dont actually want to do this
>But I dont want people to think I'm a bad person
>>
>>377913468
>>377925346
both are correct
>>
While P5 gets a lot of shit in the west for overusing the "adults" as scapegoats, if you live outside of the middle class liberal bubble you should be able to relate to people who live in a corrupt system where they can't just simply report to some authority and get their justice home delivered. It's not even a Japanese culture thing. Plenty of corrupt and unjust systems around the world, in US or elsewhere.
>>
>>377928094
With Kamoshida i would have just quit sports.

Only 1/10 are gonna make it on the big stage anyways, no point being a dog through high school for it
>>
>>377925869
The final dungeon should have been dodging Mishima's bullets during the inevitable shooting spree
>>
>>377928094
shut up cuck burgerland best land
>>
>>377928945
You sure are the one sounding like a cuck though.
>>
File: 1495574863693.jpg (478KB, 1094x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1495574863693.jpg
478KB, 1094x1600px
>Makoto can have +15 to all stats if you give her a crystal skull accessory + her michael gun
It's not fucking fair, why am I stuck with a shitty +5 Betatron gun?
>>
>>377903467
the cops are in on everything, anon. just shut the fuck up and keep playing
>>
>hideout is at Leblanc
>want to leave during the day and go to the fortune teller to raise some stat and going back to craft or someshit in the house
>you can't
>the fucking cat says "meeting or sleeping"

WHY. What is the fucking point in that? If i didn't saved every single day, I would have wasted half day with nothing relevant to do for the stats

>>377926076
>hey, do you think his heart will change? not like he did this before and worked, but just asking
>btw we will be asking this every couple days until the deadline
>Yusuke saying random shit once in a while

Thanks Yusuke.
>>
File: niceonbro.jpg (8KB, 326x224px) Image search: [Google]
niceonbro.jpg
8KB, 326x224px
>>377928945
>burgerland best land
>>
>>377929140
Honestly, Yusuke shitposting was the only thing keeping me interested in that group chat. It's so fucking annoying how they ask if it will work. Crimson needs to fix that joint.
>>
>>377928819
>Only 1/10 are gonna make it on the big stage anyways, no point being a dog through high school for it
They stayed for the special scholarship it could give you.
>>
>>377907748
People who thought that Kamoshida was unrealistic clearly didn't hear about Penn State a few years ago
>>
>>377929403
Yeah and that will only get them to good sports colleges which is a waste of time unless you're talented as fuck.
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Goro_crying.png (114KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Goro_crying.png
114KB, 512x512px
Phantom thieves are hypocrites for not forcing Sae to confess to falsifying evidence to convict plausible innocents.
>>
>>377904191
Japs have a high honor code, so anything that fouls that honor is pretty much death to them literally, so they'd rather turn a blind eye to anything that may tarnish that. That's why the Yakuza operate as somewhat rogue police because the rest of the country doesn't have the balls to.
>>
>>377904801
This, they have an ass backwards idea of teamwork
>>
File: 1495520273341.png (282KB, 570x735px) Image search: [Google]
1495520273341.png
282KB, 570x735px
I am going to fucking miss Evil Igor voice. It was cool as fuck.
>>
>>377930137
>That track team faggot that agreed with the new coach to frame some other guy on the team for leaking info about the team to Kamoshida just to gain favor and become captain
>>
>>377904801
>Don't rock the boat. That's the Japanese way.

Can you explain this further? Im not familiar with Japanese culture, and I've always wondered why they seem so complacent even when corruption is rampant around them
>>
>>377928819
It's not so in your face as many other things in that game, but it's implied that membership in that volleyball team is free ticket to good college.
Basically it's "you win high school" -card.
>>
File: img000007.jpg (485KB, 1096x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000007.jpg
485KB, 1096x1600px
>>377929987
SHUT UP PANCKES
>>
>>377904801
>easy way to college
>all they would be able to is shit tier degrees if their academics is trash

Wew
>>
>>377930336
It's probably why Mishima wanted so badly to stay in it despite obviously not being the athletic type (which made Kamoshida torture him more than the rest in an attempt to get him to quit so he wouldn't have to deal with his bitch ass dragging the team down).
>>
>>377930336
I get that but you're not gonna be able to do the good shit at uni with just sports.
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Goro_Shocked.png (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Goro_Shocked.png
106KB, 512x512px
>>377930472
FUCK YOU ATTIC TRASH, I LIVE IN A NICER APARTMENT, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY DID I LOSE TO YOUUUUUU!?
>>
>>377930310
Nips are very needs of the many outweigh needs of the few. They are also pro conformist. They don't really like alot of free thought. They are also very pro respecting your elders. Even someone Only a year older has a higher status and commands respect just because they are older
>>
>>377928819
A letter of recommendation from Kamoshida pretty much guaranteed you got into a good college. He's pretty much a national hero so you could go farther than just sports
>>
>>377930310
I'm not any kind of expert of Japan or Japanese society.
I've just read a few articles on the subject recently, some which were directly inspired by P5.
>>
>>377930690
This Japan not America dumbass.
>>
>>377930714
It felt so good pounding your obnoxious boipucci into the dirt. Fuck you, Akechi.
>>
>>377904437
>Once you fuck up your reputation in Japan, you become an outcast for life.
How is this any different in the west?
>>
File: 1495161128141.jpg (45KB, 540x599px) Image search: [Google]
1495161128141.jpg
45KB, 540x599px
>>377930714
BECAUSE YOU'RE A SAD PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT WITH DADDY ISSUES.
EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU IS A SHAM YOU'RE NOT EVEN A REAL DETECTIVE.
>>
>>377930690
That's the problem for then. Also I assume that even some kind of papers out of good college opens doors in Japan.
>>
>>377930797
Nah, they can't do no STEM shit if the only thing they're good at is physical sports. You're even implying Kamoshido would actually bother to write anything.
>>
>>377917028
I feel like it needed a special cut-in to really complete it but yeah they were great
>>
>>377913009
I still love this cinnamon roll
>>
>>377931197
It wasn't just Kamoshida, the entire faculty gave preference to the volleyball team members as ordered by the principal, during the first days you see a student asking a teacher why they changed their mind about giving him his recommendation letter and the teacher apologized by saying that a volleyball team member needed it.
>>
>>377930895
>dumbass thinking he know how japan works

Prove to me someone with abysmal academic scores can waltz in to a good college and do a good degree just because he's good at highschool sports. The only thing these fags are gonna come out with college is being trainers or some shit, don't see being a slave is worth that when you could have buckled up in highschool and actually focus on relevant studies. Chicks like Makoto will get further in life than all of them.
>>
I just could not relate to the problems in persona 5 because I'm not a massive faggot that gets bullied. Also Kamoshida did nothing wrong other than being a creeper for girls that didn't accept his advances, if he had kept only to girls that wanted the dick he would have been cool. The guy was talk dark handsome and famous, he would have been fucking half the team.
>>
>>377931386
True, still don't really change their situation.
>>
File: 1495435564802.jpg (48KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1495435564802.jpg
48KB, 630x630px
>>377909205
Sounds like someone needs a change of heart
>>
>not wanting to be the best person on the v-ball team, being bros with kamoshida and fucking all the girls like one of those doujins

bunch of betas
>>
>>377928819
>>377930336
>>377930797
The fact that apparantly none of the parents gave a shit at all about what was happening really bugged me. This isn't really another "Japanese culture" thing is it, seems way too extreme to me?
>>
>>377930195
Nothing beats real igor, well, 4 and 3's igor at least
>>
Real quick question that doesn't require its own thread: it's best to just go through the game and worry about social stats instead of confidants, unless the opportunity arises, right?
>>
>>377931704
>Also Kamoshida did nothing wrong other than being a creeper for girls that didn't accept his advances
He abused students period, he didn't just sexually harass girls.
Also accepting his advances or not is irrelevant, a teacher shouldn't "creep" on a student in the first place which makes the Kawakami stuff odd in concept to even have in the game, yes I know that the motivations/roles/presence of consent is completely different but it's still weird to have it and the Kamoshida stuff in the same game
>>
>>377903467
The entire lot of them are above the law. You have no proof against the gym teacher, no one is willing to speak up about the abuse, both physical and sexual. That is actually the entire schtick the game pulls: No one is willing to speak up and the police won't or can't do anything. The only way to change the corrupt society is to reform the corrupt individuals.

And, while you're at it, ask yourself this question: Did OJ do it? If yes, why didn't he go to jail?
>>
>>377930996
Asian cultures are more collectivist in general than the west. Not being in the collective is a pretty big deal.
>>
>>377932526
Social stats don't do anything on their own, they're just gates for confidants, but some confidants give social stats. It's a balancing act for sure.
>>
>>377903467
Japan has a much stricter respect your elders hierarchy in place
Joker was also on probation, if anything was done through the legal system he would be kicked out of school and basically his life would be over.
The gym teacher was also an ex-Olympian whom everyone loved.
Kaneshiro, a famed and successful artist.
No one would take high school kids words over them, basically.
And the cops didnt know about the mob boss, he would just deny all allegations since there was 0 proof.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.