[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So one thing always annoyed me about hotline miami 2. All t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Beard_-_Prillan_Raketgatan_art.jpg (456KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Beard_-_Prillan_Raketgatan_art.jpg
456KB, 1920x1080px
So one thing always annoyed me about hotline miami 2.

All the music in the game is adrenaline pumping and fast paced. But the levels with beard, where he is in a war scenario, that is total chaos, the music is extremely calm and relaxing.

As in, the music that plays while you are shooting and slicing entire army bases until they are empty.

Just listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCikIkXslP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LsoCoPUXao

Why is this? I never see this discussed anywhere
>>
>Hating the two good songs in this irredeemable shit pile of a game

kys
>>
>>377902868
I don't know, but I like it
>>
>>377902950
>>377902956
no no, I came off as negative.

I loved these levels, and the music.
I just want reasons, call me autistic.
There must be some story / charecter reason for this. right?
>>
Because the devs just wanted to screw with the people who wanted a sequel. That's it.

Hotline Miami is gameplay > narrative and if you go looking for reason in the narrative you literally get the devs telling you "who cares? It's just a game"

Hotline Miami 2 is narrative > gameplay. The level layouts are incredibly sloppy, less variety despite more characters, the story tries to tie so many things together. The Fans are how the devs envision the actual fans of the game and killing them off is their way of saying "fuck you".
>>
>>377903001
he's a chill dude and is ok with killing, probably one of the few things that still gives him emotions
>>
You know what annoyed me?

Them creating a cast of characters that was interesting and building a world where a giant conspiracy was behind everything and we only seemed to be scratching the surface

Then killing off everything in a nuclear explosion because "lol we don't want to make more games"

fuck those faggots, HM1 was a fluke and HM2 showed that when the story they didn't know how to end was the best thing about it
>>
>>377903148
this makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>377903219
>hm1 a fluke
Lmfao you're proof that their games have done exactly what they've intended to.
>>
>>377902868

Hotline Miami 2 was a mistake
>>
>>377903001
because Beard was forced to do it, he just accepted the fact that he was a killer, he was defending his country, an like Richter, he obeyed orders, and Magic Sword's song shows, he just wanted to go home and live a normal life
>>
>>377902868
Was likely meant to dissociate him a bit from his actions. Beard is the only one in the story who doesn't seem to enjoy killing on some level. He's a soldier, seems like he just wants to go home. His actions are important because of how they relate to Jacket, but he doesn't seem malicious in his killings like the other characters.
>>
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING WINDOWS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME FUCK
>>
>>377903858
>lol it's bad on purpose u just don't get it 2meta5u xddd
>>
>>377902868
to add some contrast?
>>
>>377902868
The Way Home is literally about getting a way back home. After having gone through countless missions, the team is sent for one final operation, that might as well be a suicide.
One way or the other it all is going to end for him.
>>
>>377902868
Because Hotline Miami 2 was a good game
>>
File: 1439029511354.jpg (319KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1439029511354.jpg
319KB, 400x395px
When I discovered Beard was already dead, I just accepted that everything was already beyond saving.
The ending was just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>377902868
I just think the tunes sound too fucking harsh on HM2
Bass on most tracks are too loud and wubby, pads just sound all ear piercing square modulated
Is definitely a intentional choice for tracks but meh
HM1 had lots of smooth grooves too
>>
>>377903001
Because unlike the other characters, except Jacket, he's an actual soldier
>>
2 Soundtrack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Soundtrack
>>
>>377904703

>Beard is the only one in the story who doesn't seem to enjoy killing on some level.

So are we just ignoring Evan or...?
>>
>>377902868
His levels are Vietnam inspired right? In comparison to today's music, the war Era music of Vietnam was very chill and peaceful, save a few. Maybe that's what they are going for. That and as another anon said, killing doesn't seem to bring up much emotion in him. It doesn't make him angry, so I guess his music isn't angry
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.