[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friday the 13th releases tomorrow and it's not the 1st,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

Friday the 13th releases tomorrow and it's not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 7th top seller on Steam.

Why? It looks fun as fuck. Is this a red flag?
>>
It's just Dead By Daylight except twice as expensive.
>>
>$40

Lol, no thanks, I'll wait.
>>
I don't see any interest after Dead by Daylight turned out the way it did. Low level players were unstoppable and the monster couldn't do anything, high level monsters were unstoppable and players couldn't do anything, stupid things like infinitely jumping through windows..

After that and Evolve I couldn't imagine caring about another asymmetrical multiplayer horror game.
>>
>>377894009
It releases the 26th. Does steam have preorders for it? Console does not.
>>
>>377894403
Yeah. Hopefully they can balance it
>>
It's 11th which is okay for a game from a smol studio.
>>
>>377894009
People are cheap and also think it'll play like Dead by Daylight which is pretty shitty so they don't bother. An open "beta" would be a good thing but the devs have said that they're too small and doing so nets them about 5k per day for as long as they have to keep the servers up and they can't bank it.

That said, I'm also pretty sure anybody that was interested in this either already got burned out with Dead by Daylight, fell in love with Dead by Daylight and won't switch because they put too much time investment on it already, or has already heard of the game and checked out everything there is to know about it and even potentially played the beta last year. So I don't think there's much the devs can do to generate more interest in the game at this point.
>>
>>377894009
I love the Friday 8 design. So godamn underrated.
>>
>>377894009
Its ranking 6th in my third world shithole at least.
>>
>>377894708
Jason 8 looks great, I just wish that axe mark on the mask didn't tickle my autism so much.
>>
>>377894061
>>377894090
That Paramount licensing fee at cheap, anons.

I have hopes for F13:The Game. Even if it is just Dead by Daylight, the devs seem interested in preserving a lot of the flavor of the F13 series faithfully. I won't probably play it until we can play offline---just do not have the taste for online bullshit anymore in my ripe old age of 28 and most of my "gaming friends" have either been absorbed by League/DOTA or retired from gaming altogether.

Also---no Denuvo makes me happy and I will buy it once the campaign stuff is implemented this fall.
>>
File: halloween-dead-by-daylight-1[1].jpg (41KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
halloween-dead-by-daylight-1[1].jpg
41KB, 800x430px
>>377895196
>That Paramount licensing fee at cheap, anons.
Is it really worth that much more than Halloween's?
>>
>>377895363
Has Michael's knife always been that long?
>>
File: 1449905114558.gif (3MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1449905114558.gif
3MB, 250x188px
>>377894009
>Why?

>asymmetrical multiplayer hunter/survival game based off an 80's slasher flick franchise

Not exactly what I would call broad appeal.
>>
I recall them doing a very risky thing and releasing early alpha footage. Personally I can give alpha footage the benefit of doubt, but in general if people see something that looks shitty it will give them a bad taste even if it doesn't necessarily reflect the game. That trailer had some really goofy facial animations and all in all looked pretty bad.
>>
File: Hmmm.jpg (135KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.jpg
135KB, 500x304px
>>377894009
>not top seller
>not even the first day or two of being out

Maybe anons want to make sure the shit in beta got fixed, before buying it?
>>
>>377895363
I can totally see Friday the 13th---more so the character of Jason alone---being worth considerably more than Halloween.

Compare box office takes of the last Friday the 13th (2009) to Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. F13 2k9 comes out over 50 million dollars ahead in USA alone.
>>
Played the beta. 100% hype. all shill.
Ask me anything
>>
>>377895932
How did you ignore the buggy mess that it was?
How did you ignore the shitty matchmaking that was worse than any ubisoft game ever?
>>
>>377895932
How does the game play?
Is it balanced?

From the couple beta vids I've seen it seems really difficult for Jason to get everyone.
>>
>>377894127
The devs have purposely made changes to the game to prevent counselors from doing cheesy shit like that. Jason can break fences and windows so that it's much, much harder to cheese him.

Also levels in this game unlock really small abilities for counselors, so levels aren't going to be like DbD where whoever has the strongest perks wins.
>>
>>377896075
Is that your daughter?
>>
>>377896176
yes, she is a good girl
>>
>>377894009
It's 37 europoors where I live, and that sounds a bit steep for this kind of game.
That said, I fucking love F13, so I might get it after a few days, but I'll have to see final gameplay first. The beta looked entertaining, but some characters and all perks were locked and those are supposed to be game-changing.
>>
>>377895991
Eh they made it clear from the get-go it was a beta in all aspects, not just a marketing one. So they seem aware of what is and isn't an actual beta.

I heard there were problems with matchmaking, but i guess i was lucky. Didn't run into it.

>>377896003
Well it's advanced cat and mouse. I found it to be pretty balanced, and the things that weren't are fixed post-beta (or so they say but i have little reason to doubt that as the backlash if they didn't would be great).

They spotted the window jumping problem early on, before the beta went live and fixed it immediately by allowing jason to break windows, making counselors hurt if they climb through them.

The game shines in that it promotes cooperation, but doesn't enforce it. You aren't 7v1, you're essentially fragile_allianceVkiller. You don't NEED anyone in order to fix the car, though it obviously helps.
>>
>>377896075
Why did you post this image for no reason?
>>
>>377896243
Just a quick FYI, perks were not locked in the Beta. Plenty of them were available, just had to be unlocked.
>>
>>377896296
to trigger your virgin beta weeb brain
>>
>>377896298
Were they? I watched a lot of streams, and no one ever had a perk on any counsellor, only on Jason (tbf he'd be unplayable otherwise)
>>
>>377896296
I dunno, it was in my catto/doggo reaction folder for some reason
>>
>>377896405
Yes. You had to go into a customize kind of menu, pretty sure you could do it in lobbies. And Jason's perks are built in per each Jason, whereas counselors you get to pick. Some of them let you start with items, or increase stamina recovery, etc.
>>
>>377896339
I'm not a weeb, i like real girls but i am at work.
>>
>>377896405
So many youtubers were just chimps that ran around with a ill-equipped Vanessa screaming all the way.
>>
>>377896807
Yeah. I feel like people who only watched videos or streams missed a lot of the game. Everyone just thought you could only sprint around, so they defaulted to Vanessa with no perks half the time.
>>
>>377895623
Dodgy shit is the last thing Friday fans care about.
>>
>>377896807
I tried to watch AJs and Tiffanys (that's the slut's name, right?) instead
>>
>>377895363
Didn't F13 start the slasher genre?

Jason is much more iconic
>>
The true question is /v/, how long will it take until people realize this game has a combat stance?
>>
>>377894061
>>377894127
Only difference is that Dead by Dicklight is a shit game
>>
>>377898709
I saw people square up in the combat stance a lot in the beta.
>>
File: 93o91sa3249.png (115KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
93o91sa3249.png
115KB, 500x522px
>>377899110
>the black jock turns around and turns on combat stance with a baseball bat
>>
I'm waiting for reviews before purchasing anything but I'm hopeful.
>>
File: pottery.jpg (99KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
99KB, 659x659px
13th place in my country
>>
>>377894009
Will sessler cry on twitter when it flops?
>>
>>377899627
Considering it's a crowfunded game that far surpassed it's goal, it's hard for it to "flop" per se.
>>
>>377894009
I'm waiting to see how it turns out. Interested and have a high chance of buying it, but I want to make sure it's not some buggy abortion that took 2 steps back after the beta.
>>
>>377894009
It one of those things where what you see is what you get

at best I'm expecting a dedicated, relatively small group of players, because a game where people have to put more thought into their attacks and escapes beyond 'eyo bruh I'm gone stab dis mutha/ayo I'm outta dis shit' might not fly with the broadest audience
>>
>>377895196
>just do not have the taste for online bullshit anymore in my ripe old age of 28
There's no text chat in game during matches, just mute everybody's voices and pretend all the people are bots. Also because this game's MUCH less reliant on your teammates to save you and Jason is so lethal, nobody will blame you for running away from Jason if he appears near you and some other people, and you'll have nobody to save if he catches somebody because he'll already be dead.
>>
>>377898229
Jason is more iconic but the "slasher" genre was very much started by Halloween.
>>
>>377900264
Some good points here. This game really shines when you look at the "team" dynamic it presents. You're on a "team" with the other counselors sort of. But in the end, your goal is to pretty much escape, with out without them. You can get shit done 100% by yourself, but having others alive can be useful.
>>
Friday the 13th is a shit series, asymmetrical multiplayer is basically a meme, and the developers are tiny as fuck so the game is probably going to get shit post-launch support either way.
>>
>>377900446
Maybe, we'll just see, anon.
>>
>>377894009
the only 'advertisement' I have seen has been these threads about the game
hell, I didn't even know the game was coming out soon until yesterday when I saw a thread
>>
>>377900431
From my 30 hours playing in the beta I found the "teamwork" to be very impersonal in a sense. Yes, you can work together to search all the houses faster and ferry car parts from one place to another, but once Jason's onto your group its everybody for themselves because everybody knows the moment Jason touches somebody its over for them, so if Jason shows up everybody makes peace with the fact that one of them isn't going to live and they might as well make sure its somebody else.

This might change now that combat was reworked a bit and we finally have the combat oriented counselors that we didn't have access to in the beta, who knows, but you yourself can definitely just pick AJ and fuck off to some secluded corner and be stealthy, I've seen plenty of AJs stall matches to the very end and survive with this.
>>
>>377900716
I'm somewhat excited to see how Buggzy goes, I hope a combat focused counselor is good but not great.
>tfw you get to be the "Go, I'll distract him" archetype from every horror movie ever
>>
>>377894009
>game isn't even out yet
>why isn't it selling well guiiiies?
Gee I dunno Shill-kun, maybe because there's no point pre-ordering a digital product that has no scarcity in supply?
>>
I remember when the beta was out, at the same time a lot of the streamers like to watch in the background while working were in a Dead By Daylight phase and they tried it
It was painful to watch because they all just kept trying to play it like it was Dead By Daylight and they all played that Black chick
I hated watching Dead By Daylight streams because that game is just soo fucking boring to watch
and as a result I hate that chick and never plan on using her
>>
>not releasing on Friday 13th

Gay and dropped
>>
We shall see if the devs don't cave to the retarded normies who ruin every asymmetrical game
>omg the monster is too strong
>I was playing with a bunch of randoms and got stomped
>We need more abilities to fight the monster
>*Monster main complains how new abilities against monster are OP* 'lol git gud, you still have a larger health pool and (special attack that's useless).
>>
Where the fuck is a new Evil Dead game?

Who got the rights after THQ fucked off?
>>
>>377901427
It would be in October as well, the perfect season for it.
>>
File: IMG_1485.png (246KB, 386x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.png
246KB, 386x339px
>>377899017
And you know what? Price is where the differences between Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th come to an end, they're both the same fucking game you moron. Nobody that already has Dead bu Daylight is going to want Friday the 13th and nobody that doesn't have Dead by Daylight is going to want it either because they didn't buy Dead by Daylight in the first place.
>>
>>377901718
But Anon, I've played Dead by Daylight, disliked it and am planning on getting this game after enjoying the beta.
>>
>>377900308
>>377898229
The first slasher movie is Black Christmas, not F13 or Halloween.

Though not technically classified as a slasher movie, Black Christmas pioneered many of the tropes seen in later Slasher films.

Learn your shitty movie history, boys.
>>
So did anyone ever figure out how to kill Jason? Is it possible at all? Does it have something to do with his mom's head, since it alerts him when the counselors go near it?
>>
wtf I've never even heard of this game before but there's been 13 of them already?
>>
File: hec.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
hec.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>377901718
You're right, they are mirror copies anon, I'll go buy four keys for DBD instead of one for F13.
>>
File: okay.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>377901718
>I'm not interested so nobody is interested!
You are like a lighthouse, keeping ships from crashing on the rocks of playing a game you don't want to play.

Remember always that your tastes are objective and no opinions matter aside from yours.
>>
>>377902267
Basically all of /v/ in a nutshell. Just add in something about anyone who talks about something you don't enjoy is shilling the game.
>>
i am so fucking hype i literally cannot even. this summer rules so hard if this game is good, twin peaks s3 is so far great so my hopes are up but alien covenant turned out to be garbage so who knows maybe this summer isn't destined to be good after all.
>>
>>377894009
Backer keys haven't gone out yet, a good majority of pc purchases arent yet represented by steam charts
>>
>>377901646

but also the summer vibe i dunno it's just kind of st a point where it needs to be released shit has been teased for way too long
>>
>>377902102
no only 12, you dyscalculiatic
>>
File: 1484729248730.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484729248730.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>377894009
>Friday the 13th
>isn't released on a Friday
>or on the 13th

game's doomed
>>
>>377895196
>That Paramount licensing fee at cheap, anons.
they got it for free though
>>
>>377902628
Anon, do you think anybody in here knows what they're talking about?
>>
Can't wait to hide by the phone box with Deb waiting for a screaming vanessa to distract jason so I can instantly call the cops
>>
>>377902602
>>377902472
>>377901646
>>377901427
Are you guys for real? Did you all think that Skyrim was a better game because it released on 11.11.11? Or was it a little thing you saw one time and said "oh that's kinda neat" and then forgot about forever?

Releasing on a special date as a novelty isn't going to make the game any better or worse. Stop being reactionary fags.
>>
This game will have less players on release than the ARMS beta
>>
>>377902727
A free to play beta will have more players than a $40 retail game. You don't say.
>>
they're going for 13th best seller
>>
>>377902697
>implying a game called FRIDAY THE 13TH being released on FRIDAY THE 13TH wouldn't be fantastic for marketing

I'm just memeing about the quality of the game being bad, but they're going to sell way less than if they released it ON the date that the game is about.
>>
im hyped for the new maps that'll come with it and the randomization of landmarks system they touted about a lot in dev diaries about how it will make every match different. also all the counsellors and the options for tackling jason that'll be present.
>>
My mom loves Friday and I wish it had a single player so she could play it, I don't think she could deal with a bunch of teenagers cheesing
>>
>>377902902
Yes, delay the game another half a year and continue to lose money in the hopes that releasing on actual Friday the 13th will outweigh the costs of maintaining the studio for that long.
>>
>>377902902
they'll likely release an update/dlc on october friday the 13th and have a free weekend or something
>>
>>377902902

yeah but when your only choices are to release earlier than you would want quality wise or wait like 4 months you realize then logistics behind why it's released now. atleast we wont be honeydicked by a "what-if" in the form of earlier-than-necessary release date if the game turns out shit so there's benefit
>>
>>377898229
Friday was started because of Halloween.
>>
Why can't Americans go to a summer camp without being murdered
>>
>>377903593

because they always have sex. we learned that if their virgins they survive interesting huh
>>
>>377901526
Ash was in a poker game by Telltale.
>>
File: masterthink.jpg (20KB, 552x716px) Image search: [Google]
masterthink.jpg
20KB, 552x716px
>>377903640
Is this why the black man always dies first?
>>
File: Part4_ted_BTS1[1].jpg (42KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
Part4_ted_BTS1[1].jpg
42KB, 470x313px
>>377903593
They can't go anywhere without being shot.
>>377903640
That only applies to girls.
>>
>not releasing it on Friday the 13th
What were they thinking?
>>
>>377904012
This meme is getting out of hand.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.