[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why das3 was such disappointment compared to the das2 and bloodborne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 68

File: Dark-Souls-3-Aug-24-Ann-Tease.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Aug-24-Ann-Tease.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
Why das3 was such disappointment compared to the das2 and bloodborne?
It's like developers stopped caring
>>
Oh boy, here come the DS2 babbies with their "DS2 is better than DS3"-bullshit.
>>
>>377893204
how can das2 fanbabies be so insufferable
>>
Is that a teaser for the Switch port?
>>
>>377893204
It wasn't, and you're a contrarian faggot who has convinced himself that the game with the worst, most sluggish and nonresponsive combat and movement of the entire series is somehow the best, likely because the the multiplayer features that are severely limited/shat upon by the game's own mechanics, especially regarding healing as a summoned spirit or as an invader, not that DS3 is better in that regard. DS2 is severely flawed in this area, however you fags praise it for the multiplayer.

Fuck off.
>>
>>377893204
I am in Drangleic castle right now.
Ds2 feels like a chore.
>>
DaS>Memebourne>DaSIII>DaSII>DeS
>>
>>377893505
because of*

Also, before I forget, the map/enemy placement of DS2 was fucking horrendous and the overwhelming majority of encounters in PvE pretty much required you to just backtrack into a corridor and swing away at the mass group of enemies in front of you, with the exception of a couple levels. Can't speak to the DLC because while I bought them, I never went back to play them due to the game being so fucking underwhelming.
>>
DaS2 is shit but 3 is barely any better. I don't know why people pretend there's some huge difference in quality between them, they're both low-effort cash grabs.

I suppose DaS2 at least made some kind of half arsed attempt at doing its own thing rather than just copy/pasting Bloodborne and giving it a Souls skin.
>>
>>377893551
thats because it is
>>377893646
switch DeS and DaSII around then we good
>>
>>377893204
Nothing will ever be as disappointing as DaS2.
>>
>>377893891
What about das3
>>
>DS2 is bad

good to have a reddit identification so certain
>>
>>377894128
Expectations were already lowered because of 2.
>>
>>377893204
>>377893318
Short answer: It introduced PS1/2 era ARPG mechanics to a western PC audience that had never played those games before.

Long answer:

Sony /Atlus invested a bunch of creativity into Demon's Souls, and then Bandai came in and stole half of it (including the game engine) and gave miyazaki unbridled, absolute control over the game, for better or worse. DS1 was a hodge-podge of good, proven ideas from previous games put together.

Miyazaki's work on Armored Core also turned From into a direct competitor with Bandai Namco games, since he shifted the Armored Core series to be similar to the Gundam games that Bandai was releasing in Japan, and the two competed close enough that Bandai was able to essentially kill (through dramatically changed gameplay, 2-3 year delays and a lack of patch support) the armored core franchise thereafter.

Because DS1 development was basically subsidized by all the DeS assets and ideas already made (along with a game design that miyazaki had been toying with ever since he joined the company, but had never had the opportunity to really explore) Bandai was able to put a lot of money into marketing.

It wasn't incredibly successful until the PC port though, and Bandai's "prepare to die" campaign. That's when western audiences got ahold of it and it reached a critical mass that let it out-sell DeS. That's because a lot of the people who bought DS1 had never played classic JRPGs/ARPGs of that kind, including DeS, so it was seen as hugely innovative.

It also happened to come at a particularly low point in game design when small studios behind niche games (like Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, etc.) were being bought up by big name publishers and having their franchises beaten to death with yearly sequels. This might have been Bandai's original idea (marketing for DS1 was "A Bandai Namco Game" with From Software getting second billing as a developer.

It was a perfect storm of massive publisher marketing and an untapped market.
>>
>>377893849
I feel like people just don't remember DeS. If you go back and play it today you'd realize that it's beyond garbage. The enemies are a cakewalk, you get tons of infinite healing items, ghost mode and the thief ring make you basically invincible, and there are like 3 halfway decent boss fights out of 21. DeS was only ever good because it was the "first" of its kind.
>>
>>377893204

Objective factual ranking:

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS
>>
File: sobbing.gif (35KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
sobbing.gif
35KB, 356x200px
>there will never be a DaS in the DeS world

what could have been...
>>
>>377894431
>das3 > anything
b8
>>
>>377893204
>Make decent not run off the mill Game/Games.
>It gets hyped and super popular.
>You're raking in the dosh as more hype is generated.
>Release more games asap to rake in more dosh.

Every game ever, well except The Witcher so far.
>>
Pandering to reddit
Too safe
Not enough original content
Rushed
Linear
No build variety
Removal of features
Samey environments

I can keep going
>>
File: 1493678676311.jpg (2MB, 5760x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1493678676311.jpg
2MB, 5760x3240px
>>377893204
>Why das3 was such disappointment compared to the das2 and bloodborne?
Not enough effort put into the boss fights.
>>
Dark Souls III is a downgrade in every aspect except for boss design.
>>
dark souls 3 is a decent action game and a shit rpg. whereas dark souls 2 is a shit action game and great rpg.
>>
DS3's sword-art was a good idea/concept, but they just aren't worth using.
>>
>>377893204
>das3 was such disappointment compared to the das2
Because you're wrong on a factual level. and that's okay.
>>
>>377894771
>except for boss design
Big dude with a sword who's very fast actually become boring as fuck very fast
>>
>>377894481

It is a fact, die from cancer useless son of a whore nostalgia cucked piece of shit.

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS.

Nothing you do will change this fact.
>>
>>377893204
Because people don't have any taste to be honest. DSIII's level design is leagues above DSII's, with the exception of the DLC of course.
>>
DaS > BB > DaS2 > DeS > DaS3 > Sotfs

DaS3 has the best bosses and gameplay but is overall a weaker game compared to the other games in the series.

Still like em all, and would recommend people to play it tho
>>
>>377894875
>He thinks gaping dragon is a good boss
>>
>>377895087
Well, better than das3 watchers
That's for sure
>>
Why did From think it was okay to shove references/memes/call backs into your face with DS3? You can't go without 5 minutes without a hot DS1 reference shoved down your throat

I think DS2 had a total of what, 3 DS1 references? Ornstein, Bellfry, and Praise the Sun?
>>
>>377895130

>He's being absolutely serious
>a boss that cant even hit you being good at all
>being this much of a faggot

did you like Adjudicator too?
>>
>>377895154
>go deep underground in DaS 3
>demon corpses wall to wall

OH COME ON
>>
>>377895317
Adjudicator is cute birb
>>
Here's how the Souls saga worked:
-Demon's Souls was a collab with Sony's 1st party studio JapanStudio, however a certain Sony lead didn't see the appeal of the game and thought it was a wasted effort, so even though it was pretty much a 1st party titles (technically 2nd party I guess?) Sony didn't publish it outside of Japan. Atlus and BandaiNamco picked it up due to it getting a cult following in the west.

-While developing DaS1 FromSoft knew it couldn't rely on Sony since their last game just got ditched outside japan, so they looked for another publisher out of desperation (even though Sony co-developed their last game) and a contract was sealed with BandaiNamco for 3 games published under them

-After DarkSouls1 came out, or even before then, the Sony lead (Shuhei yoshida) knew his dismissal of the franchise was a huge mistake and so offered to fully support FromSoft once more, this time without retarded publishing restrictions.

-DaS2 and Bloodborne were now in development. BandaiNamco's contract was already obsolete at this point, since FromSoft always had a better publisher to begin with (albeit stubborn) but now they are forced to shit out 2 more games because of the contract

-FromSoft finishes shitting out the other 2 half-hearted milked DarkSouls games, while the leads actually focus on the JapanStudio collab projects.

That's it. There's no reason for FromSoft to partner with BandaiNamco now that they know Sony won't act retarded like they did with Demon'sSouls. Sony not only publishes games internationally but also helps the studio itself developing the game, building the engine or offering sound recording studios, composers and orchestras (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yncMReF8QA) and Sony doesn't force FromSoft into making sequel trash, they can create any IPs they wish

Unless FromSoft wants to make multiplats they have no reason to go back to Bandai when Sony is clearly the better right hand
>>
>>377893204
>DS2 fanbabbies

Holocaust severely needed
>>
>criticize DeS
>get called a never ever pc fag
>criticize DaS
>get called a das2 contrarian
>criticize DaS2
>get called /v/
>criticize DaS3
>get called a das2 contrarian
>criticize BB
>get called a never ever pc shitposter

fuk u
>>
>>377893204
Stop name-dropping Bloodborne, DSIIfag.
>>
Because BB was the love child and DaS3 was the cashgrab for Namco Bandai.

Everything feels so bland in DaS3. Everything is the same castle swamp, a swamp, the same castle again, another swamp, the fiery swamp, the snow castle, the ashen swamp, the dark castle, the cold castle with a cold swamp again, etc.
>>
>>377894352
All these flaws and it's still better than Dark Souls II by a massive margin.
>>
>>377895792
But it has the best gameplay and level design of the entire DaS series.
>>
>>377895940
It has best gameplay and bosses, but that's it.
It's level design is laughable.
>>
>>377893204
>Bonfire warping
>Bad combat mechanics even if they feel good to use on the surface level
>Bad world layout and only a small amount of levels actually have good level design
>Bad implementation of series lore and its own lore
>Halfassed implementation of just about everything

Kind of feels like the game has an intentionally limited scope so that there is no possibility to get really hung up on making something work because it would have been pivotal to the rest of the game.
>>
>>377895940
>best gameplay
>you can't do anything fun
>>
BB > DaS > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

I am right.
>>
>>377896009
This will always be the right ranking
>>
>>377893204
The main game was pretty decent, well ahead of 2's, ahead of Demon's Souls, but behind Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1.

Then the DLC came out and both were fucking awful. It left a very bad taste in peoples mouths. Fromsoft is supposed to be great at DLC, so we just assumed it the two new chapters would elevate the game like AotA and ToH did. Hell, DS2's DLC was the only good thing about that game.

DS3 goes in the bin.
>>
>>377895968
DaS has the best overall world design until it's second half. DaS3 has the best individual levels
>High Wall of Lothric
>Cathedral of the Deep
>Catacombs of Carthus
>Irithyll
>Lothric Castle
>Grand Archive
DaS comes close in quality, but it also gets a lot worse than 3. DaS3 has the most consistently good levels as well as the best level in the entire series in my opinion.
>>
>>377894960
>DaS3 has the best bosses
DUDE
HYPERAGGRESSION AND DELAYED SWINGS AND COMBOS THAT ARE CLONES OF EACH OTHER EXCEPT ONE HAS EXTRA SWINGS AT THE END
LMAO
>>
File: images (14).jpg (15KB, 442x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
15KB, 442x332px
A question for DS3 fans
Usually you guys admit via power charts and such that DS1 is a superior game or the best in the series, yet complain about DS2 and claim it is worse than 2 when it is mechanically the more similar game to DS1

If your argument is bosses then that's BS, you'll complain about too many humanoid 1v1 fights in DS2 while simultaneously praising the 1v1 humanoid fights in DS1

DS3 also gas the least unique setting in the series as it just takes stuff from the locales and lore of the previous games and mashes them in
>>
>>377896267
Yes, I like my bosses to be bosses and not just bigger trash mobs.

Sorry I don't like DeS/DaS/DaS2 stylized bosses where I can just circle strafe the entire time and win.
>>
>>377896267
What did he mean by this?

Pontiff Sulyvahn is the only one that fits that
to show the diverstiy in the bosses, compare pontiff to Soalire and the Storm King
>>
>>377895971
>bonfire warping
The other games had this as well though, admittedly only the second half of the first however. Still there.
>>
>>377895664
Maybe your arguments are just not good.
>>
>>377893318

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>377896395
If we rated games on the bosses DS3 would be king, followed by BB.

If we rated games on overall packages, DS3 would be the lowest of the 5.
>>
>>377896482
In Demon's Souls and Bloodborne you can only warp at the beginning and the end of a level. There's no rest in between. Also from a level you can only go to the hub, not wherever you want.
>>
>>377895487
funny how some people get overwhelmed when there's more than one opinion.
>>
>>377896446
The fuck are you talking about? Pontiff gives you way more breathing room than the bosses that really do that.
>>
>>377896547
True.

Bloodborne is the DeS sequel of the lot I guess.
>>
File: bonfires.png (331KB, 588x423px) Image search: [Google]
bonfires.png
331KB, 588x423px
Did Dark Souls 3 really need a bonfire after defeating a boss?
>>
>>377896407
Bloodborne bosses aren't like DS3 bosses if that's what you're implying. Bloodborne wasn't lazy about it and threw in some variation, differing combos and styles... the only hyper aggressive ones were literal beasts gone mad.
>>
>>377896662
Bloodborne is also a faster game so that kind of boss actually fucking fits it.
>>
>>377896612
Yet the last host to summon me died to his opening attacks/combo

Chinese people seem to be really bad at everything but MOBAs or dumbed-down RTS if my recent late night sunbroing sessions are of any indication.

Not the anon you're responding to, had to vent
>>
>>377896395
DS2 loses the intricate world design of 1 but doesn't make up for it with the intricate level design of 3.

DS2's bosses mostly feel like scaled up trash mobs, most of the bosses aren't particularly interesting. Though there are some great fights. Compare that to Artorias, Gwyn. O&S. Four Kings and Priscilla in DS1. These are all standout boss fights which are memorable because they're all do something that the other fights don't.

You're right about DS3 having the least unique setting but like I said before, it has the best individual level design of the entire series.
>>
>>377896662
Gehrman, Ludwig, Laurence, Gascoigne, Kos, and Maria are very similar to DS3 bosses
>>
>>377896486
>The amount of Variety and/or Diversity within Armour, Weapons, Miracles, Sorceries, and Pyromancies.
>The introduction of Hexes, another form of ranged combat.
>Ranged combat actually being viable.
>No swamp level that slows your movement.
>Subtle changes to NG+, when you decide to enter.
>Didn't have a million and one "references" to the previous entries.

For my last point, I won't lie Dark Souls 2 had references, but DS3 went way overboard with them.
>>
>>377896192
Catacombs isn't that good.
Irithyll isn't that good.
Lothric castle that isn't good.
Grand archives aren't good.

I can only really say why I think GA isn't good and it's because the wax mechanic is so pointless and there is only one room that is in any way dark.
It'd actually help if you pointed out why you find those levels so good so that I could put it exactly to words why I don't find those levels any good.

>Consistently good
Road of Sacrifice - Farron Keep are dogshit and the latter part of Lost Izalith is the only level that's peerlessly bad in DaS1 when compared to DaS3.
>>
File: bogsbanny.png (571KB, 746x571px) Image search: [Google]
bogsbanny.png
571KB, 746x571px
>>377896795
>but like I said before, it has the best individual level design of the entire series.
>>
>>377896841
No they aren't.
>>
>>377896662
>Bloodborne wasn't lazy about it and threw in some variation, differing combos and styles.
But DS3 does this as well, are you just shitposting?
>>
>Almost 2018
>Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are not available for PS4
>>
File: Drangleic Castle.jpg (496KB, 900x2025px) Image search: [Google]
Drangleic Castle.jpg
496KB, 900x2025px
Dark Souls 2 definitely had some interesting ideas, but it suffered from a total lack of direction. It ended up having a massive amount of areas and bosses compared to the other games in the series, but very few that actually stood out. The areas were generally short, flat, linear and disconnected, made up primarily of hallways and box-shaped rooms. Most of the bosses could have passed for beefed up enemies, sporting a meagre few attacks and lacking any interesting gimmicks.

Dark Souls 3 brought back what I had come to expect from Souls level design. The areas had a excellent sense of scale and use of vertical space. They felt like interconnected parts of an organic world, rather than the "video gamey" hallways we got with Dark Souls 2. I really appreciated that it took a page from Bloodborne, and divided every single bossfight into phases, with attacks and patterns that varied throughout. It made every boss feel unique and purposeful.

I also appreciated that they listened to fans and removed soul memory from the matchmaking process. By matching players by Soul Level AND by the level of their weapon, the game managed to weed out twinks without removing the ability of players to plan their character build and aim for a specific invasion or co-op range. The return of the full red eye orb was also very much appreciated.

While Dark Souls 3 had less content than Dark Souls 2, it felt like a much more focussed experience. A return to form after a misstep for the series.
>>
>>377897048
Smouldering Lake still gets me every time lmao, that awkward held in sneeze moment when you turn the ballista off, drop back down to the lake and trudge to the bonfire with no reward
>>
>>377896110
Ashes of Ariandel was actually good, but you're right about Ringed City being shitty. What a letdown, especially the final boss.
>>
Souls games are boring and completely lack ambition or creativity compared to previous From Soft games, and it was only because of high budgets that they are at all fun to play. DS2 is the best souls game because it's the most ambitious, even if it fails at those ambitious more often than the more boring DS1/DS3.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>377897282
>Ashes of Ariandel was actually good, but you're right about Ringed City being shitty
Odd, everyone thinks the reverse.
AoA was shit and TRC was decent.
>>
>>377896841

what you mean to say is DS3 bosses are similar to bloodbourne
>>
>>377893204
>Why das3 was such disappointment compared to the das2
Read the fucking shit you type before clicking "submit"
>>
>>377896110
>selling content planned for the game as DLC
>selling said content as the 'end of Dark Souls'

How did they get away with this
>>
>>377897349
>DS2fags
>TRC is the latest so it is the worst
>>
>>377894840
>using your weapon attacks cost mana
>have to invest into caster stat to be able to swing your stick effectively
what were they fucking thinking
>>
>>377897349
>everyone

You mean reddit?

I wanted some answers or something involving what was going to happen to the world instead we skip to the end and fight another artorias clone and thats it.
>>
>>377893204
BB>DS1>DS3>Des>Paranoid delusions
>>
Remember when you could actually go the wrong way in a souls game and have to crawl up from hell if you dived in unprepared
Dark Souls 2 offers the illusion of open world by making every path trivial off the start, and Dark souls 3 doesn't even pretend to have paths
>>
>>377897349
>>377897450
The bosses were the worst in the series. The areas were fucking awful with the summoned archers and the angels.

It's not shit because it's the latest, it's shit because it's shit.
>>
>>377897450
Calling anyone and everyone who disagrees with your opinion as a "DaS2fag" isn't doing you any favors.

AoA is widely regarded as being the weakest of the DLCs for it's shitty bosses and very tiny overall area. The length of the DLC is almost as short as individual crown DLCs from DS2 and the only length is actually has is from padding out the Elfriede boss fight into 3 phases. Gravetender is the worst boss From has ever put in a video game, let a lone a DLC. AoA gets flack because it's $15 for a small area with 2 bosses, and 1 of those is just a NPC invader with an upscaled wolf mob.
>>
>>377897598
Do you mean Dark Souls 1? The rest weren't like that
>>
>>377897317
By this same logic, Fallout 4 is better than its Bethesda predecessors because it tries to do more things and all of them are awful.

Flawed premise.
>>
>>377897779
DeS lets you pick and choose where to go and progress from 5 archstones
DaS lets you do whatever the fuck you want
DaS2 lets you go wherever the fuck you want, and is the only souls game where your first boss can be one of SEVEN bosses in the game.
DaS3 lets you go kill dancer, but locks you out of grand archive because ??? Looks like you need to go through undead settlement bitchboy
BB isn't as open as the first 3 games, but it's not as linear as DS3.
>>
>>377893204
You mean DS2 ? That shit heap
>>
>>377897779
demon souls was like that too except it was easier to bail on an area that was too hard for you
>>
>>377897948
Backpedal and light attack: the game.
>>
>>377897948
you say ds2
but your ss if from sotfs
?
>>
>>377897932
Thereotically in dark souls 1 your first boss can be Pinwheel, Taurus demon, Capra demon, Moonlight butterly, Sif, Gargoyles or the Four Kings (although it's unwinnable at this stage of the game)
and no the asylum demon doesn't count it's the tutorial
>>
is cane whip any good?
>>
>>377898098
it does count, sorry
vanguard doesn't count because you have the option to skip it entirely :3
but sadly phalanx still counts
>>
File: ds2.jpg (1012KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
ds2.jpg
1012KB, 2048x1151px
>>377897948
I don't even like to look at screenshots of Dark Souls 2, it's just so damn ugly. I almost forget it was a game, when I do think of it, I'm reminded of that windmill burning area with the fat slug """boss""" that can't land a hit on you. The only upside to that entire game might have been those titty mages in the area.
>>
>>377897932
BB is just as linear as DSIII it's clearly a conscious design decision following DSII. Still a complete linear game is better than an incomplete non linear game. If you end up in izalith or tombs you are just painfully aware of how shit and unfinished it all is.
>>
>>377898098
Pretty sure you need to kill moonlight butterly for the key to the capra demon
>>377898173
Great crowdcontrol + serrated bonus
But feels kinda overpowered so I don't like to use
>>377897948
>DaS3 kid complains about game teaching you to not run around area like retard and collecting mobs, hard way
Pathetic
>>
>tfw I played ds2 on 3 different consoles and still ain't delusional as apologists
>>
>>377898372
Nope, you just need to go to the courtyard near Gargoyles to pick up the key.
>>
>>377898372
>Pretty sure you need to kill moonlight butterly for the key to the capra demon
you're retarded
>>
>>377898282
I hate looking at them too. It's like the character models are lit with different lighting, they also at most times don't have shadows and stick out horribly.

Gutting that lighting engine really shit all over the look of the game.
>>
>>377898372
Nah, moonlight opens the key for Havel the Rock.
>>377898198
Fair enough then, I don't think number of starting bosses is a good measurement though especially when the boss quality is very debatable. All the bosses are balanced for being the first boss (except meme strats that get you to fight darklurker first) so they're all easy, meaning when you do them in order you'll trounce them.
>>
>>377898296
Chalice dungeons and TOH offset the linearity, without it then I'd agree it be equal to DS3
>>
It really depends on what you want.

>DaS1
-For most people the first ''Soulsgame'' and so there is a certain bias
-People who love interconnected worlds will always prefer DaS1 over the rest
-Quality over Quantity people will always like it the most even with the second half being not as good as the beginning

>DaS2
-Quantity over Quality people will always prefer DaS2 over the rest
-People who value replayability high will always prefer DaS2
-PvP players will mostly say that DaS2 is their favorite

>DaS3
-People who care about graphics will say they like it the most
-People who care a lot about the quality of boss battles will prefer DaS3
-And people who only want one single good PvE experience will also rate it very high

Each game has different weakpoints and strongpoints.
Liking one over the others doesn't mean you have shit taste. It just means that you have other priorities.
Some people enjoy PvP a lot while others don't ever PvP at all and think invasions are annoying.
>>
File: C_LOLBnXsAAVY-V.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C_LOLBnXsAAVY-V.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>anytime DaS3 is criticized
>DaS3 babies out the woodwork to shit on DaS2
Everytime kek
The only things DaS3 did right over 2 was gameplay not feeling floaty snd going back to tje original art direction. Everything else is a massive downgrade and I'd argue that DaS2 beats 3 in terms of just about all the right things, like replayability.

Also DaS3 fucked up the dragonform when BB came out before it and did a better transformation.

Also DaS3 has some of the worst fucking areas in the Souls series, not one ever has me excited to playthrough it again
>>
>>377898372
>Pretty sure you need to kill moonlight butterly for the key to the capra demon

The key for the lower undead burg is on the gate to the church
>>
>>377894676
I just went through the last DaS3 DLC and I have to say your full of it, the game had the most consistently good bosses in the series. Literal-who-man felt like I was playing an armored core game boosting around the desert.
>>
File: 1491459084998.gif (1MB, 1266x712px) Image search: [Google]
1491459084998.gif
1MB, 1266x712px
>>377893204
>das2
uhh..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbT03r_9Zo
>>
>>377898568
Even without ToH
>Old Yharnam is completely optional
>Hemwick optional
>Paarl is optional
>Nightmare frontier is optional
>Castle is optional
And let's not forget that you can kill most of this bosses just right after first one
Cleric beast was optinal too
>>
>>377898603
>Also DaS3 has some of the worst fucking areas in the Souls series, not one ever has me excited to playthrough it again
So much this
>>
>>377898782
Art style is shitty
>>
>>377898404
I've bought the game 4 times now (PS3, PC, the SOTFS on PC and again on PS4 when I had no PC for a while and wanted something to play).

Still the worst Dark Souls. Level design is really fuckin important.
>>
If I want a game with high quality boss battles I'd play: Dark Souls 3 (previously was ToH)
If I want a game with high replay value, I'd play: Dark Souls 2
>>
>>377898782
Old one is far too green and colorful
And the lighting is horrible.
>>
>>377898818
you had to do cleric beast or bloodstarved beast, one or the other, in order to get into cathedral ward
>>
>>377898818
I'm not seeing your point here, you realize optional areas are what offset the linearity issues right?
>>
>>377898968
New one is far too grey and dull
And there is no lighting.
>>
>>377897610
What's wrong with the summoned archers and the angels? I thought the adjudicator were the coolest new enemy.
>>
>>377897948
>why are there so many soldier hollows on a battlefield????
I'm not a fan of Dark 2 either, but you're dumb.
>>
>>377896486
Fuck off.
>>
File: the_gutter_927.jpg (595KB, 1437x804px) Image search: [Google]
the_gutter_927.jpg
595KB, 1437x804px
>>377899072
>And there is no lighting.
There is.
But its also not that good.

No lighting looks like pic related. The Gutter modded.
>>
File: 1701231025.jpg (117KB, 683x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1701231025.jpg
117KB, 683x1077px
>>377893204
what the fuck are you talking about?

>DS2 to be the worst in the series, the level and world design to be horrible also, boss designs and battles to be boring for the most part.

DS3>DS2
>>
>>377896795
I think I'm in love with you.
>>
>>377893204
Compared to Bloodborne, definitely. Compared to DaS2, what are you smoking?
>>
>>377898971
Incorrect, you could just farm 10,000 blood echoes from killing the giants over and over again until you could buy the key :^)
>>
>>377899309
But the key is only available if you kill cleric beast
>>
>>377899165

DS3 has very little original content.

Souls vet here, this is my take on things as someone who has obsessively played the shit out of DeS and DaS1 since their respective launches on PS3.

Concepts:

>New Firelink Shrine (DaS3) == The Nexus (DeS)
The resemblance is fucking stunning if you've ever played DeS. Lord Thrones are in the exact same alignment that the archstones are, surrounding where you spawn in, with multiple levels of height within the area accessible by curved staircases.

>Lothric Castle (DaS3) == Boletaria Castle (DeS)
You start the game here, and the climax of the game is here (fighting twin princes/false king allant).

>Karla (DaS3) == Yuria the Witch (DeS)
Karla teaches forbidden hex magic/miracles/pyromancies that channel the power and rage of the abyss, Yuria the Witch teaches forbidden magic that channel the power and rage of demon souls.

> Stormruler (DaS3) == Storm Ruler (DeS)
Used to take down mighty foes with a legendary sword found in the corresponding boss arenas. Yhorm and the Storm King are basically the same type of "puzzle boss" until you find the sword.

Mechanics:

> FP (DaS3) == MP (DeS)
Literally the same exact shit.

> Rolling
Functions the same exact way as DeS, because med rolling was buffed so fucking hard that the difference between fast roling and med rolling is so small that staying right under the fat roll minimum is required for every build.

Case-in-point, DaS3 is super fucking stale for veterans who have been with the series since DeS in 2009/2010. It's literally because the game is around 50% recycled DaS content, 30% recycled DeS content, 10% recycled bloodborne content, and 10% original content.
>>
I wish the Souls series never happened. I played Dark Souls and liked enough to be fooled into playing every single one after: Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3. I actually ended up being more disappointed with the next title than the previous one.

Souls is shit. Souls was a mistake.
>>
File: 1365325136251.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1365325136251.png
75KB, 300x300px
>>377893204
kys, troll
DS3 is best From game now. BB can't even compete. While DS2 wasn't even dark souls game. That was some shitty chinese souls totally irrelevant in series.
>>
File: 1146f5b9720daab52056eed08de08e6c.jpg (833KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1146f5b9720daab52056eed08de08e6c.jpg
833KB, 1500x1500px
Honestly, not even mad about enemy placement and map layout as much as I'm mad that farming the upgrade materials and equipment is a chore but then they make enemies stop respawning after you kill them. Then throw in SM over SL and the pvp is fucked. DS1 had best invasion mechanics followed by DS3 with password matchmaking but holy fuck DS2 fucked up in that department.
>>
>>377899210
On second thought it might be a good thinv we didn't get this lighting.

Holy shit, it looks hideous.
>>
File: 20170520225842.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170520225842.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
>I think ds2 fanboy has a shit taste
Dark Souls 3 is a phenomenal conclusion to the franchise. the ringed city is possibly the best dlc of the series.
>>
File: 1495509808812.png (683KB, 518x528px) Image search: [Google]
1495509808812.png
683KB, 518x528px
>>377899415
>followed by DaS3
Are you fucking shitting me. Did you actually play the onlime of 2 or did yku just read some anons review of it because 2 had the best co-op and general pvp.
3 has the absolute worst online of any Souls game, I'd take BB or even fucking DeS over 3's
>>
>>377899383
Incorrect!
>>
DaS2 is fucking garbage
>>
>>377899536
Listen I like Ringed City a lot, but Old Hunters is objectively the best DLC in the series.
>>
File: 1494003224411.jpg (118KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494003224411.jpg
118KB, 600x800px
>>377899570
http://bloodborne.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Chief_Emblem
>>
>>377899581
You misspelled DaS3 but it's okay, I forgive you
>>
>>377899403
How much of a moron do you have to be to get tricked into buying 2 more games you know you'll hate? If you were too dumb to drop the series at Dark Souls 2, then you deserve your wasted time and disappointment.
>>
>>377899536
>the ringed city is possibly the worst dlc of the series.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>377899695
Souls
>>
>>377899743
>How much of a moron
A huge moron. Funny enough I have the most fond memories of Dark Souls 2 just for shenanigans around Iron Keep and Belfry Sol, both helping and invading there. Countless hours of it, good times. But Dark Souls 2 was still a grand disappointment compared to the first game and I was still looking for something of the calibur of Dark Souls 1. So, Bloodborne comes around and they said "it'll be different this time, Miyazaki! A-Team!" and I fell for it. Then Dark Souls 3 came around and they said "Look! It's just like Dark Souls! The direct sequel that DaS2 never was!" and I fell for it again.

I'm a fucking retard.
>>
The Old Hunters > DaS pre-lord vessel > AotA > DeS > DS2 SotFS (dx9) > DaS Post-lord Vessel > The Ringed City > Dark Souls 3 > SotFS (dx11) > AoA
>>
File: 1495594651810.jpg (296KB, 996x623px) Image search: [Google]
1495594651810.jpg
296KB, 996x623px
>DS1
Recent:90
Overall:89
>DS2
Recent:83
Overall:87
>DS3
Recent:91
Overall:88

>DS1/DS3 scores are rising while DS2 is reversed
>What's wrong?
>>
>>377899909
shit son might as well post metacritic while you at it
>>
>>377899514
are you stupid
>>
File: 20170516020613_1.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170516020613_1.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
>>377899536
this. Fighting midir was teh best boss experience I had in a while.
>>
>>377899909
DS1 only gets played by people who already played it.

And of course with the dsfix which unfucks the pc version.

Not sure whats the deal with Scholar though. Shit seems random.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430/DARK_SOULS_II
Original DaS2 has a higher recent score and that one doesn't even get good sales anymore.
>>
>>377899885
What was wrong with Bloodborne and DS3?
>>
>>377899695
No.
Yes if you're sony fanboy with strong fanboism. It'll go once you reach 30 yrs rubicon
>>377899801
kys troll
>>
>>377899801
>Getting to wander around the mishmash world you only got to see for a split second in the normal game
>Hanging out with Patches in Shangri-La
>Guest starring Demon Firesage maximum, Kalameet, Old Monk and Nineball

9/10 it was alright
>>
File: 111713 (2).jpg (50KB, 331x321px) Image search: [Google]
111713 (2).jpg
50KB, 331x321px
>>377899909
Is there a game with a worse downgrade than SOTFS?
>>
>>377900205
you mean
>Getting to wander around in two swamps in a row
>>
File: 1494630268294.jpg (46KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1494630268294.jpg
46KB, 536x536px
>>377899536
I don't even understand how retarded one should be to jerk on DS2. It's some 3rd world shithole tier autism.
>>
>>377900214
Were the edited level layouts worth it?
>>
>>377894230
Severely underrated post, what the fuck people

At least I have witnessed your truth bomb anonkun
>>
>>377900214
SOTFS is better than DaS2

It gets lower scores because reviews downrate it for being the same game.
Not sure why they even bothered so seperate it.
>>
>>377900114
Bloodborne didn't have enough variety for me. Armors, builds, play styles, scenery, soundtrack, enemies, it all kinda melded together to me and I found the game to have generally lower replayability than the previous games. I also thought the narrative was shabby and wished for more mythological-inspired stuff instead of the eldritch stuff, on top of playing it on launch with broken online and no DLC.

Dark Souls 3 I was basically mad that everything I loved from Dark Souls had been nerfed into the ground. Yes, I'm one of those faggy fatknights who likes to tank shit with all the defense and poise in the world wielding a greatsword. But that playstyle is extremely inefficient in Dark Souls 3, almost impossible if you run solo, especially considering that the enemies are all very like Bloodborne enemies in their speed and attack patterns which sways the game heavily towards dex builds.
>>
>>377893204
Because fanboys were pissed off they reused assets and environments. It's still the best and most complete Souls game in the series. Only nostalgiafags will tell you Demons Souls is better.
>>
>>377893204
How can people say DaS2 is good?
Look at that retarded and exaggerted animation. No weight, does far more damage than the animation speed would suggest, but the damage matches the weapon but the weapon doesn't match the animation.
Altogether terrible. DaS1 had better animations than that.

Whats worse is I know exactly what happened
>Good players can roll through everything, how do we fix this?
>Make rolling take an assload of stamina! And make a stat that determines i-frames instead any amount of logic.
>Oh no, now everything is bullshit because they attack too quickly and too much vs the player only being able to roll 1 or 2 times.
>Instead of adjusting rolls because we gotta keep that sweet ADP stat we came up with, lets just make every animation slow as molasses!
>DaS2 IS SHIT.
>>
>>377900350
SOTFS balance is ruined. It's easier to get levels than in vanilla, so you can literally 1st try every vanilla boss if you're not a n00b. This is why it feels like garbage until dlc kahntent
>>
>>377900350
no its not

shoving 50 enemies into tight corridors and adding statues everywhere to gate your path does not the opposite of making it a better game
>>
>>377896759
To be fair, Chinese are trained from birth to be mindless consumer drones.
They're good at stuff that has monotonous pattern recognition and is predictable and respond super well to flashing rewards etc.
Bosses in souls games kind of are pattern recognition, but in order for Chinese gamers to beat them I imagine that they'd need to be shown how to do it because figuring out each pattern is more experimental and not step by step.
Then they'd get it down pat, and would basically dance dance revolution that shit.
I love fucking with my chinese mates when playing games, I just do something totally unpredictable and they just lock up as if their brain had a bsod.
I pvp'd a bit with Chinese dudes and if you do anything mildly weird, they just stand and wait for you to "resume normality" and are horrendously predictable themselves.
It's hilarious the amount of "you cheater" messages I got.
>>
>>377900527
Relax, neo-/v/ trolls are baiting you
>>
>>377896486
All of those additions are nice and most of them should've been in the sequel. That being said, however, DaS2 had awful level design and enemy placement, as well as some really bullshit bosses. The single player, which is the main foundation for every game, was at its worst in DaS2.

>>377896651
I would say it didn't but that's really the only poor bonfire placement right? I certainly can't remember another. The game also made heavy use of shortcuts so that was pretty cool.
>>
>>377893204
>inb4 The Fire Fades edition t-shirts
>>
>>377893204
Shameless cash grab, game built entirely to pander to nostalgia fags and it worked.

Easily has the best combat and bosses of the entire franchise but is the worst in every other faucet of the game, shit lore/atmosphere/world/level design/npcs/replayvalue/weapon variety/build variety etc.

While it plays better than DS2, that's all it has over DS2 -- DS2 has DS3 beat in every other area outside OST, Combat and Bosses.
>>
>>377893204
I'm enjoying replaying DS3 with its DLC. Decided to go pure INT for once for shits and giggles, since I pretty much always go STR. I'm not into PVP at all though, so maybe that's why I like it. I pretty much just suicide as soon as I get my ember restored so as to not be invaded. Complete and utter waste of time.
>>
>>377900679
There's a few, Irithyll's entrance comes to mind.
>>
File: image00098.jpg (536KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image00098.jpg
536KB, 848x1200px
>>377897190
>For a fantasy land, Dark Souls' world feels coherent.

DS3 is my favorite anyway.
>>
>>377900271
Two tiny swamps. The second swamp doesn't even do anything, its just run past these magic grasshoppers room
>>
>>377899385
Nice pasta Gaylord.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lMo7ZCYITU
>>
>>377901204
HEY HEY HEY, REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1?
LOOK AN ESTUS, BUT LOOK AT THE CORPSE
ITS AN ASTORA KNIGHT, LIKE THAT PART IN ASYLUM FROM OSCAR, DO YOU REMEMBER? DO YOU REMEMBER

HEY LOOK, LOOK, ITS FIRELINK, YOU KNOW, THAT PLACE IN DARK SOULS 1? DO YOU REMEMBER?? LOOK IN THAT CORNER, DO YOU SEE WHO I SEE?? ITS ANDRE!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU REMEMBER HIM FROM DARK SOULS 1? Don't pay too much attention to the dark souls 2 shrine maiden, we just put here there for cause lol..

BUT HEY LOOK, A CRESTFALLEN WARRIOR SOBBING NEAR THE BONFIRE, WHOAA!!!!

HEEEEEY, REMEMBER HOW YOU GOT TO ANOR LONDO WITH THE DEMONS, WELL WE LOOK RIGHT OVER HERE JUST LIFT THE BANNER!!! DO YOU REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1 YET??

HEY REMEMBER THE 4 GREAT LORDS FROM DARK SOULS 1, YEAH FUCKING ACES BRO.

HEY REMEMBER SIF, THE DOG FROM DARK SOULS 1?
hEY REMEMBER ARTORIAS, HES FROM DARK SOULS 1

AWWW SHIT YOU NEED A DOLL, DO YOU REMEMBER THAT PART FROM DARK SOULS 1

WHOA CHECK IT, DEMON RUINS!! DO YOU REMEMBER THE DEMONS FROM DARK SOULS 1??

AWWW SHIT BIG HAT LOGAN, DO YOU REMEMBER HIM? FROM DARK SOULS 1

rEMEMBER LONGFINGER KIRK??
REMEMBER ANOR LONDO
REMEMBER GWYNDOLIN?
REMEMBER DEMON SOULS?
rEMEMBER THE GRAND ARCHIVES?
REMEMBER GWYN, THE FINAL BOSS FROM DARK SOULS?? HERES HIS THEME
REMEMBER THE PAINTED WORLD
rEMEMBER ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH
rEMEMBER FIRELINK AGAIN?
REMEMBER ANOR LONDO?
REMEMBER ARTORIAS AGAIN??
>>
>>377897610
It's shit because you have shit taste, really.
>>
When you first saw Gwynevere, did you join her covenant, kill her, or did you walk away?
>>
>>377901313
I member
>>
>>377901423
Walk away
>>
>>377901267
how beta are you that you can't actually provide a voice commentary over your video and have to stick with some text to speech software?
>>
>Why das3 was such disappointment compared to the das2
Stopped reading right there. Nothing will ever be as disappointing as Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>377901313
Some people can enjoy the game without being an autist about minor details.
>>
>>377900527
How can people say das3 is good?
>Linear as fuck
>Level design is so bad, that it kills any wish to replay
>Shit tier covenants
>Shit tier bosses with everyone being big dude with a sword
>Shit tier weapon variety
>NG+ is pointless
>Terrible mana system, no reason to not always use your strongest attack spell
>All npc are boring garbage with only fucking 1 being in the outside world for the more than introduction
>Shit tier spell variety
>Shit tier dlc
>iframes for the level and door opening actions
>Bosses have iframes for the grabbing animations
>Boring grey world
>Red eye orb is too easy to get, allowing casuals to invade and complain about game not spoonfeeding them during invasions
>Ember system is garbage because allows you to become human anywhere you want and skip all invasions during level and just summon for the boss
>Can't be invaded outside of ember mode
>Can't buff and ember boss weapons
>90% of boss weapons is garbage that's worse than normal analogue
>No bonfire aesthetic
Just from the top of my head
>>
>>377901550
Some people just think its funny
>>
>>377901621
How can people say DaS2 is good

>it's shit
>>
File: The Ringed City.jpg (364KB, 1345x757px) Image search: [Google]
The Ringed City.jpg
364KB, 1345x757px
>>377893204
>das2

das3 has better world art-style, better weapons, better combat, better theme, better music, better aesthetics, better boss, better npcs, better online, so bb>das3>>>>>das2 for me
>>
>>377901621
>Ember system is garbage because allows you to become human anywhere you want and skip all invasions during level and just summon for the boss
This part is bad.
>Can't be invaded outside of ember mode
This part is good. Invasions are such a joke. When it's not an outright hacker it's just a faggot who's going with the most broken weapon possible wasting your time. Yawn.
>>
>>377901656
I think it's annoying and a sign of a beta cuck who's too self-conscious about his voice. Only literal children like this shit, are you a child too?
>>
How come souls fags are always arguing amongst each other which game in the franchise is better?
They're all the same shit.
>>
File: 13935020.jpg (70KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
13935020.jpg
70KB, 960x960px
>>377901735
>better online
>>
>>377901550
>watch for a minute
>first point is about PvP
Yeah, I don't give a fuck. The PvP in this series is stupid shit.
>>
>>377897317
ALL King's Field games are exactly the same.
>>
Elder God Tier
Bloodborne
Dark Souls

God Tier
Demons' Souls

Good Tier
Dark Souls 2

Alright Tier
Dark Souls 3

Pretty bad Tier
SotFS
>>
>>377901882
das3 is too high
>>
File: 1489379712690.png (160KB, 508x377px) Image search: [Google]
1489379712690.png
160KB, 508x377px
>Finish ringed city once
>Never want to go through it again
How did they fuck up so bad
>>
>>377901313
ai remember
>>
File: 1487224450339.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1487224450339.png
20KB, 560x407px
>>377901838
>Soul memory is the dumbest feature I've ever seen
>co-op password
>>
>>377894937
I actually agree. Too many 20 year olds blinded by nostalgia in here. As an older and wiser man without nostalgia for these games, my opinion matters more too.
>>
File: 1465654721220.jpg (62KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1465654721220.jpg
62KB, 500x667px
>>377901882
>Ds2
>good
>SotFS
>pretty bad
That's pretty stupid, anon.
>>
>>377901313
>Sif, the dog
>>
>last game in the series
>supposed to bring the entire mythos to a close
>retards get mad because of "references" to the game that started the mythos
>references to the second game are fine though
>FROM listens and makes the DLC more contained stories
>fans get mad where is MUH SOLAIRE, MUH SERPENTS

Of all the complaints about das3 the one that grinds my gears is the one about references, of course the game will reference das1, it's the game where the cycle started you fucks.
>>
>>377902065
This is because there no substance in the dlc, just like in the entire das3 in general
yeah it looks nice, but it still shit
Especially if you played ToH
>>
>>377895485

If that is true, then why is Dark Souls 3 vastly superior to Dark Souls?

Also, the next From Software game that will be released in 2017 is 100% confirmed to be a PS4/Xbox1/PC/PSVR game. From Software will continue to make multi-platform games without Bandai Namco. This 2017 multi-platform game is most likely Armored Core 6, an IP that From Software fully owns. They do not fully own Demon's Souls, Dark Souls or Bloodborne. They are also working on Bloodborne 2, together with Studio Japan, which they will tease in 2017, but release in 2018.

Screenshot this post. I have insider information.
>>
>>377902224
No he's right, Sotfs disrupts the flow and ruins the world of DS2. Adding a shit ton of mobs and a bunch of different statues in places only to obstruct your path so you take the "PATH AS INTENDED BY THE DEVELOPERS", hide DLC keys so you have to play hunt them like a child hunting for eggs during easter is not an improvement
>>
File: 1493454971973.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1493454971973.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
The thing I don't really like about Dark Souls III is it's lack of replayability, there was practically no reason to go into ng+. I can only hope for a free update that changes enemy spawns like the update for Scholar did.
>>
File: collection.png (2MB, 1242x926px) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
2MB, 1242x926px
>>377895664

I have them all, I love them all, I play them all on their best platform and this is the most objective ranking that no shitposting piece of shit on /v/ will ever change:

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS.

Currently replaying DeS, they should really bring back the Item Burden mechanic, it adds a layer of preparation before setting out on a journey and adds to the immersion.
>>
File: agape_ring.jpg (86KB, 504x486px) Image search: [Google]
agape_ring.jpg
86KB, 504x486px
>>377902150
>"A ring affixed with an open vessel. The vessel insatiably absorbs souls in place of its wearer, who is left unaware even of their collection.
All things are rooted in souls, but what drives our thirst for them? Abstinence from this elixir may be the truest homage to an enduring self"

I thought soul memory was fine.
>>
>>377902563
>Currently replaying DeS, they should really bring back the Item Burden mechanic
PvPfags would just find a way to complain about it.
>>
>>377902512
Was it a good thing that they didn't update the enemy placement for the original game? Would the fans be pissed?
>>
>>377893204
People who hate DaS3 are just buttmad over the Way of Blue.
>>
>>377902563
What's your native language? What's the difference between the red and blue Demon's Souls cover art?
>>
>>377896009
>>377896081

Nostalgia high sons of whores, you retards need to be tortured to death irl. DeS, while a fantastic game, is the weakest of the Soulsborne franchise. Die a painful death from cancer/aids/ebola/accident.
>>
>>377902623
A very good thing. There would be a lot of fans upset.
>>
>>377894230
this guy is correct
>>
>>377902679
He's UK/europoor because the red GOTY BB was exclusive to that region
>>377902563
>I have them all, I love them all, I play them all on their best platform and this is the most objective ranking that no shitposting piece of shit on /v/ will ever change:
Same, but DaS > BB > DaS2 > DeS > DaS3 for me
>>
>>377894431
>>377894937

Bloodborne wasn't as good as you are implying
>>
File: 1488036253557.jpg (37KB, 229x238px) Image search: [Google]
1488036253557.jpg
37KB, 229x238px
It's not just the graphics that's shit in DS2. It just feels empty and lifeless, enemy designs are lame, world is boring. It's just not a good game

I genuinely don't understand DS2 fanboys. Was it your first Souls game? I guess that would explain it maybe
>>
>>377894230
The most relevant response to the thread, ignored for shitposting. Discussion on /v/ is as great as ever.
>>
The game has zero replay value and terrible enemy variety.

seriously, the lack of playstyles is just awful in DaS3.
>>
>>377902981
>It just feels empty and lifeless, enemy designs are lame, world is boring. It's just not a good game
You just unironically described Dark Souls 3
was that your intention?
>>
>>377903068
DaS2 kid or insane sonyfanboy?
>>
>>377902679

Dutch. Red cover is for the Black Phantom set, which comes with some booklets and soundtrack CD's, blue cover is for the game only. There is no differences between the games.
>>
>>377893204
Kadokawa bought them out, Miyazaki was made president, and most of the original (especially ACV/ACVD/DS2) developers were fired or promoted to management.

BB and DeS were produced with Studio Japan handling a lot of the software and in both cases Sony contributed a new game engine (DeS engine is what is used in DS1 and DS2, BB's engine is used in DS3) and experts on making it work. After the kadokawa buy out, they started hiring many more employees for DS3 to replace the missing roles from not having Studio Japan involved.

I'd say that only 10-20% of the actual people behind DS1 are still working for the company today, and they are entirely in management or creative design, not coding or game design.
>>
>>377903158
>insane sonyfanboy?
probably the opposite, honestly

the weapons feeling the same is what turns most people off of bloodborne
>>
File: blunderborn.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
blunderborn.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>377893204
>even mentioning 2
>bloodborne aka frameborne

DaS3 in 4k and 60fps shit on evey other Souls game.
>>
>>377893204
Lol
Coming from someone who got a PS4 just for bloodborne. Dark souls 3 is the best of the series. Just one thing. Make sure you have a pc.
>>
>>377903158
Neither. DaS2 has its own problems but is by far the better game due to how many different playstyles it offered.

The entire appeal of Dark Souls 1 is the amount of different ways there were to play it. DaS3 has none of that, it has none of what was appealing about the first game.
>>
File: 1488604473642.jpg (1MB, 650x5666px) Image search: [Google]
1488604473642.jpg
1MB, 650x5666px
>>377900527
Dark Souls 2 felt like they said, "People like this series because it's hard, what can we do to make it harder?" As a result a lot of the game feels a lot less fair. They also copied a lot of bosses from the first game but added a cheap twist to make it harder.
>>
>>377903221
wow an alpha demo of the game, really fires my neurons
>>
>>377902909

Yes it is. It has:
- The best combat.
- The best weapons.
- The best aesthetics.
- The best bosses (closely followed by DaS3)
- The best story/lore.
- The best atmosphere.
- The best presentation.
- The best soundtrack.
- The best individual level design (closely followed by DaS3)
>>
>>377903418
>Dark Souls 2 felt like they said, "People like this series because it's hard, what can we do to make it harder?" As a result a lot of the game feels a lot less fair.
I don't see it this way
For example you never fight more than 2 gargoyles at once if you don't run around like a retard
>>
>>377902563
Pretty good, except I'd put BB behind DaS. No build variety crippled the game for me
>>
>>377903539
holy fuck you're delusional

- The best combat.
Dark Souls 3
- The best weapons.
Bloodborne
- The best aesthetics.
Dark Souls if you prefer medieval fantasy, Bloodborne if you prefer Victorian Gothic
- The best bosses
Dark Souls 3
- The best story/lore.
Dark Souls
- The best atmosphere.
Demon's Souls
- The best presentation.
Bloodborne
- The best soundtrack.
Bloodborne
- The best individual level design
Bloodborne
>>
>>377903539
>- The best combat.
- The best aesthetics.
- The best story/lore.
- The best atmosphere.
- The best presentation.
>When DaS3 exist
My sides
>>
File: 20170524204344.jpg (315KB, 1000x1303px) Image search: [Google]
20170524204344.jpg
315KB, 1000x1303px
>>377903068
A dirty boring world has replay value?
>>
>>377903591
>BB
>No build variety
>>377903634
>Das3
>Story/lore
>Atmosphere
LMAO
>>
>>377903510
>implying BB runs better now

1 (you)
>>
>>377903591

Yes, a flaw with Bloodborne is the limited playstyle variety, if you are a fan of the magic, ranged and miracles that Dark Souls provides. I however, am a huge melee combat fan and have 80-90% of my Souls playthroughs with different melee weapons, so Bloodborne, being highly focused on melee combat and having most its playstyle diversity based on melee weapons, wasn't an issue for me, I enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>377903669
>>BB
>>No build variety
He's right though, there is none.
>>
>>377903680
I've only had one frame rate issue and that was when we and my mates spammed loads of molotov cocktails at once which caused the framerate to tank to 10FPS for a second
>>
>>377903539
>>377903630
>The best bosses (closely followed by DaS3)
Dark Souls III didn't have very many outstanding bosses tbqh, the only top-tier bosses from that game would probably be the Dancer anc Champion Gundyr.
>>
>>377903669
>>BB
>>No build variety
yes that's what I said, do you have a rebuttal?
>>
>>377903735
>>377903779
>das3 kids
You can literally kill any boss outside of chalice by using only magic
>>
>>377903661
Considering how there's actually a decent variety of playstyles, yes. As in, you can use shields. You can use weapons other than shortswords. You can fight the bosses with methods beyond just DODGE AND COUNTERATTACK and you also can't infinitely roll.

DaS3 is total dogshit and the absolute worst in the series.
>>
>>377903802
Slave Knight Gael
Midir
Demon Princes
Lady Elfreide
Soul of Cinder
Twin Princes
Nameless Meme
Dancer
Champion Gundyr

BB only has Ludwig and Gehrman
DS2 only has Allone and BiK
DS1 only has Manus
DeS lol
>>
File: demons-souls-screenshots.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
demons-souls-screenshots.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>377903630
>Demon's Souls
>best presentation
???
What do you mean? I like the game but it doesn't look very good nowadays and the music is pretty mediocre too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i4JP-NxfN8
>>
>>377903779
You have the same four basic skills as souls games but every weapon and hunter tool is actually unique instead of "best longsword/greatsword" and "best version of soul arrow"
you have a build for every weapon in the game
>>
>>377903909
nigga he said bb had best presentation
>>
>>377903418
>Dark Souls 2 felt like they said, "People like this series because it's hard, what can we do to make it harder?"
in my opinion, that's kind of how Dark Souls 3 felt
>>
DaSII was the first and last game I've ever pre-ordered. Not one time have I ever been so hurt by a video game. I honestly, HONESTLY can not understand how people can find the direct downgrade of EVERYTHING the first Dark Souls did except for weapon mechanics as a good game.

Holy fuck, they're literally enemies who can RESET THEIR ANIMATIONS with INFINITE STAMINA. how can this be defended? How can you take one step forward but five steps back?

>oh gee ds1 ng+ didn't change stuff
>so lets add random bumfuck invader red phantom npcs who can reset their fucking animations
Fantastic, not to mention the fucking corridor levels with damage sponge enemies(some that couldn't even be staggered), with bosses that were a fucking cake walk in comparison because hilariously, you could fucking stun lock them (but not the basic mobs).

I swear in development someone must have went "gee I just wanna fight the boss these unfun ass enemies keep getting in the way!" and decided that instead of making the enemies or levels good the enemies should just de-fucking spawn if you kill them enough. "What about farming" the tester said, "lol we'll add an item that makes em respawn and ups the difficulty lmao" was the response.

What an absolute shit game, I could go all fucking day about everything wrong with fucking dark souls two holy shit
>completely fucked hitboxes
>rolling i frames being tied to a fucking stat
>lmao pvp only updates guise das wut u want rite?
>enemies being on a rotating platform to keep up with the player
>humanoids with the same moveset over and over and over again
>rat king bosses being bullshit for the sake of it
>>
File: A_call_beyond.jpg (46KB, 406x407px) Image search: [Google]
A_call_beyond.jpg
46KB, 406x407px
>>377903735
>a flaw with Bloodborne is the limited playstyle variety, if you are a fan of the magic, ranged and miracles that Dark Souls provides
What is Hunters Tools
>>
>>377903964
Oh, I see. My mistake.
>>
>>377903791
You're lying mate every fucking chalice with red spider has framedrops and every big boss battle has framedrops. I love BB mate but without a proper Pro patch this game will always be ranked lower than 3.
>>
>>377903539
bloodborne combat and weapons all feel the same
>>
>>377904018
ACB is only viable at 99 ARC.
Everyone and their mother just used Executioner Gauntlet spamming.
>>
>>377903885
>das3
>Poorly made and braindead easy Maria ripoff
>Bloodborne
>No Maria
This is why no one takes das3 fans seriously
>>
>>377903846
Please don't talk about the game ever again because you have no clue what you're talking about. Shortswords are FAR from being the best type of weapon in the game, for both PvP and PvE.
>>
>>377895154
because everyone bitched and moaned about ds2
>>
File: 11863493.jpg (22KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
11863493.jpg
22KB, 940x529px
>>377903885
>rehashes, Princes (don't have a problem with them, actually), and fight with the camera
>>
>>377903846
>you can use shields. You can use weapons other than shortswords.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=EgIIBA%253D%253D&q=dark+souls+3+build

DS2’s weapon, and animations, and moveset is the worst Souls game by far.
>>
>>377904118
Maria is a bad boss fight because she is so easy to stagger lock.
One phase being similar to Maria doesn't make Friede bad.

Friede phases are: Medicore humanoid, O&S, Maria but without being staggered and parried to death unless you have 3 phantoms.

Maria is r1,r1 l2, riposte, repeat until dead. You can't do that with Friede.
>>
>>377904118
>human parry bait boss
>good
>>
>>377904215
>Maria is a bad boss fight because she is so easy to stagger lock.
>Freide is god tier boss fight despite being a stagger bait herself
>>
File: das2vdas3.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
das2vdas3.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>377893838
>I don't know why people pretend there's some huge difference in quality between them
because there is
>>
>>377904256
The difference is friede can only be stagger locked if you have 3 players wailing on her, while maria you only need to be solo.
>>
>>377893838
>rather than just copy/pasting Bloodborne and giving it a Souls skin.

fucking this
>>
>>377904272
oh fuck I need to play dark souls 3
>>
>>377903909
He said DeS has best atmosphere and he's right.
And that song you chose is the perfect song for fighting a literal giant piece of shit.
DeS has the most memorable OST specifically because it doesn't try to be this overproduced epic orchestral piece.
It settles for a simpler more unnerving soundtrack, that focuses more on percussion and brass instruments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7T05Lm9mjw
>>
>>377904272
Why das2 parts has 10 fps and low resolution while das3 is 1080 60fps?
Really makes you think
>>
the DS2 fans make me feel like im taking crazy pills

meet me irl and lets discuss like adults and i'll convince you it was terrible

de ds1 ds3 and bloodborne were far ahead, ds2 has all the hallmarks of outsourced china studio
>>
>>377903630
>>377903634

Dark Souls 3 has the second best combat, it is very good, but not as good as Bloodborne. Bloodborne has faster more visceral combat and the heavy attacks and retaliation mechanic really add to the nature of the combat.

As for bosses, lets take a look, there are bad bosses, decent bosses, good bosses and GOD TIER BOSSES. What makes a boss god tier? a mix of presentation, soundtrack, arena, difficulty, mechanics etc. How many god tier bosses do each game have?
- DeS: 0
- DaS2: 0
- DaS: 3 = Ornstein and Smough, Artorias, Kalameet.
- DaS3: 10 = Abyss Watchers, Champion Gundyr, Pontiff Sullyvahn, Nameless King, Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder, Sister Friede, Demon from Below/Demon Prince, Midir, Gael.
- BB: 12 = Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Vicar Amelia, Micolash, Amygdala (Defiled version), Ebrietas, Gehrman the first Hunter, Moon Pressence, Ludwig the holyblade, Laurence the first vicar, Lady Maria, Orphan of Kos.

As for Lore/Story, Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls.

>best presentation Demon's Souls

oh I see, you are a troll, wasted my time, die from cancer.
>>
>>377904272
Fume Knight looks so much better than Gael, fuck. You can tell with FK that the player is actually bothering to time their shit in order to avoid damage, whereas with Gael they are just rolling madly while way too much shit clutters up the screen, it looks like garbage.
>>
>>377893204
considering DS2 was a massive disappointment compared to DS, the souls series has been a massive disappointment in general
>>
>>377904272
>DaS2 boss is design with it's engine in mind, being as fast as the player, moves designed to be reacted to, player avoids all hits, with no need to heal

>DaS3 boss is designed as if it was made for BB, being extremely fast to the point where the player has to dodge immediately after the attack starts or get hit, player gets hit several times during the course of the webm, and at the end has used 5 estus flasks
Hmm...
>>
>>377904272
>DSII
>slow and methodical, a poorly timed roll can get you killed
>dAs3
>lol just spam circle, it's not like the boss doesn't constantly attack you anyway
>got hit? it's fine he doesn't do much damage, you can chug through his attacks haha
>>
>>377894230

>Bandai stealng the idea,
They're just a publisher anon, most of development credit is still attributed to From and the team responsible
> DS1 was a hodge-podge of good, proven ideas from previous games put together.
You mean... one game? DS1 was essentially supposed to be Des2 for a more open market. They didn't lift DeS whole sale otherwise we would have fucked around with a tendency system
>It wasn't incredibly successful until the PC port though
It had amazing reception upon release and was selling bucketloads. Close to 300k in the first two weeks and currently 2M to date. It got much more attention with it's PC release, but it was excelling up to that point as well. Not to mention, the PC version was (and currently is to the uninitiated) shoddy on release
>That's when western audiences got ahold of it
It came out a month after the JAP release and the PC version wasn't until a year later.
>That's because a lot of the people who bought DS1 had never played classic JRPGs/ARPGs of that kind, including DeS, so it was seen as hugely innovative
This claim has no ground and also DS1 did have a more subtler tweak of innovation compared to DeS, a more open, interlocking, environment, bonfire system, etc.

I think this post is just conjecture as to what the state of video games in 2011 without having experienced it, but the following for DeS was strong, fans were able to support it by importing to region free PS3's.

Dude
>>
>>377904610
>you can chug through his attacks haha
Ask me how I know you've never fought Gael.
>>
>>377904524
>Cleric beast
>Papa G
>Amelia
>Micolash
>Amy
>Ebrietas
>Moon Presence
>Kos
>Laurence
>maria

>good

Just stop posting
>>
>>377904524
So wrong it's not even funny
>>
>>377904524
>best presentation Demon's Souls
You are literally a retard.
>>
>>377904272
You weren't implying that Gael looked like the better fight were you?
>>377904561
>>377904579
>>377904610
these
>>
>>377904524
the combat in bloodborne is the worst part of the entire game
>>
>>377904579
>>377904610
>slow is good
My guys.
>>
>>377904524
>Braindead easy garbage from no where like Moon Pressence is god tier fight
>Kalameet
>a mix of presentation, soundtrack, arena, difficulty, mechanics etc.
Is it a joke?
>>
>>377904713
>looked like the better fight
Well technically it is
:^)
>>
>>377904786
*technically it does
silly me
>>
DaS2 felt like shitty DaS1.

DaS3 felt like a terrible, completely failed Frankenstein attempt to fuse Bloodborne and Dark Souls, taking the worst possible aspects of each to make one ultra shitty game. 2 is better but it's not saying much, anything's better than DaS3.
>>
File: 1493094008985.jpg (74KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
1493094008985.jpg
74KB, 960x538px
>>377904741
>>377904610
>>377904579
it does not equal good.
>>
File: 1492467904255.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492467904255.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>377904737
>>
File: hmm.png (13KB, 668x269px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
13KB, 668x269px
>>377904660
*asks*
>>
File: pc anger.jpg (120KB, 1795x709px) Image search: [Google]
pc anger.jpg
120KB, 1795x709px
>>
>>377904579
I like how people say DS2 has bullshity mechanics which catch people off guard or trying too hard to be 'xd dark souls is hard" yet DS3 does this 100x worse, with attacks that look like other attacks but delay themselves with input reading to hit you. Like fuck gael is just flipping the fuck out sporadically while fume is calm collected and you can see what he's doing as he's doing it.
>>
>>377904272
>DaS2 put every point in ADP so you can't be hit anymore
>DaS3 actually skilled gameplay

hmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>377904680

I meant to say atmosphere. DeS doesn't have the best atmosphere, Bloodborne does.
>>
>>377904947
LOL
>>
>>377904882
it actually is, though

super fast paced dodge spam is not good

having enough stamina to dodge 20+ times in a row is not good

being able to attack 8+ times right from the start of the game is not good
>>
You stupid retards are never going to convince each other which game is better, it's a wonder why you fuckwits are still going at this a whole year later
>>
Why do people act like Dark Souls wasn't popular until the PC port with Games for Windows Live?
>>
>>377904997
>game based around being able to dodge and attack more
>it's bad cus it's different
wew
>>
>>377903630
hit the hammer on the nail's head man
>>
>>377904786
In the way it was presented? Yeah. Fume Knights zone looked like shit. He deserved an arena like was Alonne had.
>>
File: meme shirt.png (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
meme shirt.png
360KB, 500x500px
>>377893204
Reminder that last time Bamco teased a "major dark souls announcement" it was this abortion
>>
>>377904853
>DaS3 felt like a terrible, completely failed Frankenstein attempt to fuse Bloodborne and Dark Souls, taking the worst possible aspects of each to make one ultra shitty game.

I agree man. It's DaS3 felt so much more like Bloodborne than DaS1/DaS2 it was insane.
>>
>>377904997
>thinking you can spam dodge
that's a nice way to get counterhit and fucking die
especially the bosses designed to punish dodge spam like Gascoigne, Ludwig, Orphan of Kos and Amelia
>>
File: edups.jpg (81KB, 632x553px) Image search: [Google]
edups.jpg
81KB, 632x553px
Dark Souls 3 is the best game of the series.
Now check this 3
>>
>>377905084
Yeah but it's fast combat didn't go the extra mile to be truly refined like BB did. It's like they just stripped and dumbed down DaS 1 combat and pressed fast forward
>>
>>377905123
>Amelia
lol

i dont think anyone who learned how to breathe and walk at the same time has ever died to amelia
>>
>>377905057

>he thinks being able to dodge 20+ times in a Souls game is a good thing

Bloodborne fanboys are the worst in the series, honestly. The absolute worst thing about the game, they will argue that it's good.

You've never seen a DaS2 fanboy arguing that Soul Memory is good.
>>
It's one huge nostalgia circlejerk
>>
>>377905221
>You've never seen a DaS2 fanboy arguing that Soul Memory is good.
actually they defend it by saying they don't care for pvp so it doesn't matter
>>
>thread with topic I like shows up
>it's another dick rating competition
Why are all the things I like like this.
>>
>>377905123
>that's a nice way to get counterhit and fucking die

you mean after you made the same mistake literally 20 times in a row and chugged afterwards, right?

because not only can you dodge 20+ times on the same stamina bar...
you can also heal 20 times in the same boss fight lol
>>
>>377905221
It's not a fucking Souls game, cunt. The entire thing is literally designed around being able to dodge more often.
>>
File: 1454042295313.jpg (26KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1454042295313.jpg
26KB, 318x318px
>>377905221
>bloodborne
>a souls game
Are you fucking drunk, are you saying a series based heavy defensive play is the same as a game based around extreme offensive play? Fucking retard.
>>
>>377905221

Lmfao, look at this stupid poise shitter.

BB and DaS3 are god tier, poise is never coming back, stay mad nostalgia cucked faggot.
>>
>>377905352
>, poise is never coming back, s
lol but its already back in ds3
>>
File: DaS2fags-of-Pizza.jpg (17KB, 554x86px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2fags-of-Pizza.jpg
17KB, 554x86px
>>377893204
>>
>>377905330

"it's good that the game doesn't punish my mistakes"

>>377905346
"it's good that combat involves attack spam because they made it that way"

BB fanboys, ladies and gentlemen. The absolute worst of the entire series.
>>
File: 1493665886887.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493665886887.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>377905318
>he heals for boss fights
oh my lord this is embarrassing man, you should just stop posting
anyone heals in a souls boss fight is pure garbage lmao
>>
>>377905425
Thats harsh.
>>
>>377905352
>DaS3
>god tier
lol
>>
>>377905431
Have you not actually played the game you're talking about
>>
>>377905318
>get hit once
>have to use 2-3 bloodvials to recover the damage
>not even counting how much bullshit your spouting about being able to dodge 20 times
Dumb cunt.

>>377905431
>spam attack
>no more stamina
>get hit and die
Dumb cunt.
>>
>>377905486
But accurate.
>>
>>377905524
I've beaten all of them more than once. I've invested hundreds of hours into all of them, including PvP

Being able to dodge 20+ times on one stamina bar is fucking retarded. Tell me why it isn't if you believe you can do so rationally.

But you don't, which is why you won't.
>>
File: 1491489129418.gif (2MB, 418x313px) Image search: [Google]
1491489129418.gif
2MB, 418x313px
>Bloodborne has you hold 20 non replenishing blood vials which heal 40% of your health
>Is somehow worse than souls games giving you between 12 and 20 replenishing estus that heal you 100%
the absolute state of das3 fags
>>
>>377905580
>>get hit once
>>have to use 2-3 bloodvials to recover the damage

Blood Vials recover 40% of your base HP no matter what your base HP is you fucking retard. That's EIGHT full HP bars of healing, even if you have 99VIT
>>
>>377905619
Because you're a fucking hunter my guy, you're meant to be in the middle of combat always smacking the living fuck out of everything in front of you and dancing around your enemies. If you get hit you're meant to stop getting hit and then hit back and get your HP back, you're meant to shoot the fuck out of the enemy, you're meant to bob and weave and hit and attack, it's why attacks are dodge cancelable on hit, so you can keep hitting and keep dodging and not have to back off. That's the style of game it is
>>
>>377903885
>BB only has Ludwig and Gehrman

PCfag detected.
>>
bb and ds3 were probably the easiest out of the 5 games for me
>>
>>377904272
Gael is aesthetic as fuck
>Sword fighting across the desert as lightning strikes around you and his Maria scarf whips around him
>>
>>377905580
>have to use 2-3 bloodvials to recover the damage
>Blood vials heals 40% of hp
>You need to heal 120% of hp after getting hit everytime
Really makes you think
So das3 kid who never played bloodborne tries to defent his shitty game by covering behind it
>>
>>377905828
>likes 2 of the bosses in bb
>YOU MUST BE A PCFAG

you guys are weird
>>
>>377904272
DS2 fanboys on suicide watch.
>>
File: 10127870.jpg (241KB, 1111x1555px) Image search: [Google]
10127870.jpg
241KB, 1111x1555px
>>377905815
>>377905963
the grinding for blood vials "argument" is probably coming up soon, get ready for that.
>>
>>377905963

>you can literally heal to full HP from 1% HP seven times per boss fight right from the very start of the game
>>
>>377906019
He's right
>>377903885
and
>>377904524
Obviously never played bloodborne
>>
>>377896651
that bonfire was placed so close because the area was a really well interlinked one. Walking to that boss bonfire every time would be an extra chore. If they didn't make it a thing to put a bonfire in every boss room they could have avoided it.
>>
>>377906092
And bosses will do 70% of your life bar in one hit if not more
>>
In my experience DS3 and BB are more forgiving then the other games.
In terms of difficulty I'd rate it
easiest to hardest
DS3 > BB > DaS1 > DeS > DaS2
but that's not to say das2 is hard

the souls series was never about difficulty, and the only people that harp on that fact are advertisers or memelords.
>>
>>377897282
>Ashes of Ariandel
>Good

It's short.
There's 1 real boss.
It's the fourth area in which giant crabs make an appearance.
Areas are frequently plastered in enemies.
It's a snow area but the snow doesn't matter, you can't melt it or anything.
You can warp out whenever you want despite it being a painted world.
It's another obligatory Artorias reference but neither the Watcher's gear, nor Artorias' gear elicits a reaction from the wolves or the followers.
There's a rapier wielded by giant crow abominations and the base moveset isn't the moveset of Velka's rapier from DaS1.
The big thing of the level is that you have to go on this big loop around through the township to activate the Ariamis reference to open the way to Ariandel but the only thing preventing you from going there right away is a really shitty door that only opens from one direction.
The boss is a Priscilla reference where the structure of the arena doesn't matter in terms of finding the invisible cunt because the arena is a rectangular box and all she ever does is jump behind you and stand still to prep an attack.
The boss is a Priscilla reference without barefoot footprints in the snow.
The boss has two shitty phases and one real phase and the real phase is just more unrelenting combo boss.
>>
>>377893204
Too easy
Too Lazy
Too boring
>>
>>377906240
lol fucking fanboys
>>
>>377906319
I've always loved the fact that intimidation is the true weapon of the bosses in this series.
>>
File: 348s.jpg (26KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
26KB, 348x348px
>>377905425
DeS: Cheese Pizza
DaS: Cheese Pizza with pepperoni
DaS2: Cheese Pizza with pepperoni, sausage, bacon, italian sasuage, salami, ham, canadian bacon, grilled chicken, onions, mushrooms, bell-peppers, jalepenos, olives, black olives, spinach and tomato.
Bloodborne: Chicken-BBQ pizza
DaS3: A log of pepperoni
>>
>>377906319
Is this not including chalice dungeons? I'd agree if that were the case.
>>
>>377906494
Chalices are the laziest game design in the entire series.
>>
>>377906360
>It's a snow area but the snow doesn't matter, you can't melt it or anything.
Except for the parts where the snow and ice are used as traps when they break under you. Your entire list is pretty much nit picky retarded bullshit.

>I'm mad that it only slightly references another boss and doesn't just straight up copy it
Fuck off.
>>
>>377906529
But it was fun.
>>
>>377906360
I would agree with you on everything except that I quite prefer Elfriede's second phase to first or second one, I think its a pretty good dual boss.
>>
>>377906529
Yeah, I liked some of the bosses they had in there though.
>>
>>377904272
>Great music VS Forgot music
>Great story VS Shit story
>Great character VS Forgot character
>At the end of the world VS Shit pits
>fast, epic, dramatic, intense VS slow, feels, sluggish
>A powerful knight VS Retarded robots

Slave Knight Gael
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BVfbZ2WMg
Fume Knight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywn9KKbESt8

Slave Knight Gael>>>>>>Fume Knight
>>
File: 1495628855485.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495628855485.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>377906529
Git gud, das3 kid
Chalices are greatest idea in the franchise, like covenant and rewards except gems

Just needs a little more work put into it
>>
>>377906632
>>377906647

I agree, I liked some of the bosses because I was enjoying the game at the time.

But taking enemies from the normal game world, cranking up their HP and their damage output and that's it (literal Skyrim tier difficulty scaling) and plunking a boss in a room at the end of the tunnel is terrible, terrible design, and it should be condemned as such.

If you enjoy a shitty boss or a shitty zone, that's fine. But you have to be intellectually honest enough to realize that it's shitty even if you had fun with it.
>>
>>377906694
yeah it's really sweet when the dev takes a regular enemy and turns their HP and damage output way up in order to "make the game harder"

that's a blast dude!
>>
>>377906675
Daily reminder that Fume Knight has the most confirmed kills of players and is considered the hardest boss by From Software.
>>
File: 1491180763340.png (647KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1491180763340.png
647KB, 618x618px
>Red CRF chalice dungeon spiders
>>
>>377899909
because 2 leftovers from DS1
>>
>>377906874
Das2 is the only game to count world death and other meme stats
>>
File: prove me wrong.png (988KB, 762x1142px) Image search: [Google]
prove me wrong.png
988KB, 762x1142px
>>377893204
>>
DaS3 was less disappointing because my expectations were absolutely nothing after how awful DaS2 was.
Neither game had to really exist.
>>
File: Radio_Souls.png (1013KB, 2171x460px) Image search: [Google]
Radio_Souls.png
1013KB, 2171x460px
>>
>>377906950
>Mad one waifu with room full of spiders and rifle man near her
DaS3 feels so boring and uninspired after things like that
Well to be fair, DaS3 always feels boring and uninspired on the other hand
>>
>>377907024
So I never played stalker but I played a shit ton of the souls series, so what you're telling me is

Shadows of Chernobyl is a pretty good game
Clear sky is a pretty good game
Call of Pripyat is a good game but is pretty much 1:1 with Shadows of Chernobyl and offers little to no original content
>>
>>377906675
>Play GIFs
>>
>>377907086
When will we get In Rainbows souls?
>>
>>377906874
I think Gael is a better boss, but Fume is harder. Its dex vs str, Gael is a floppy motherfucker who relies on chip damage on his moves to wear you down, while Raime is a tanky motherfucker who just hits like a truck.
>>
File: 1491983308763.jpg (183KB, 585x799px) Image search: [Google]
1491983308763.jpg
183KB, 585x799px
>>377906019
It's because those two are the ones talked about the most, so he just latches onto them as some kind of concession so he can pretend he's played the game when, if he actually did, he'd be listing more bosses.

It's pointless for me to do so, because all he'll do is just go
>[boss]
>good
Because he can't just admit to the fact that he's massively biased towards DaS3.

And another thing to note is that hardly anyone in this thread is looking at the bosses within the context of that particular game, so you get dumbasses comparing a slow, hard hitting boss from a fairly slow-paced game to a meme-spin "look at how good this engine is" Artorias wannabe and saying
>memespin is clearly the better boss because look how stylish he is

If that wasn't the case, they would hold Fume Knight in higher regard. Because he was a good boss within the context of Dark Souls 2

Gael wishes he was as good of a boss as Orphan of Kos.
>>
>>377907206
In Rainbows is probably Bloodborne too
>>
>>377907024
Basically, except Clear Sky is agreed to be the worst in the series, while still being a very good game.
>>
>>377907245
C'mon now, I like Gael more than Fume, but Orphan's still the ultimate final boss.
>>
>>377907396
Gael and Orphan are too spam heavy. Orphan has a really nice boss arena though.
>>
>>377907361
meant for
>>377907170
>>
>>377906675
DS2's enemies just stand there waiting for your sluggish R1 with a Broadsword which seems like it takes forever.

>LUL
>>
>>377907245
This is the problem I have with you diehard Bloodborne enthusiasts who only care about the game because it's a PS4 game and not because it's a souls game. You reject and any and all opinions that disagree with your own and you dismiss them by saying they a.) never played or b.) prove their worth with PSN/Platinum. Knowing full well that you don't need platinum to discuss a game or to criticize a game, and that noone would want to post their PSN on to a public forum such as 4chan.

I'm not being biased towards DS3, DS3 is the weakest souls game. However it does bosses the best out of the entire series. I don't agree with that particular anon's opinions, but I won't call him a PC fag for it neither. My favorite boss in Bloodborne is Ludwig and ludwig only. I play BB exclusively for Ludwig and OoK. I post about that a lot, you probably even see it other threads. I'll go to Papa G > BSB > Amelia > TOH and then restart/reroll and do it again. TOH is the only content worth a damn in BB, and the only non-DLC boss that's good is Gehrman. But I understand that's my fucking opinion.

I don't agree with your OoK> Gael opinion, but that's fine. Whatever. OoK doesn't resonate that well with me, and he's only difficult because he's the only boss in the series that can animation cancel.
>>
>>377906613
I completely forgot about the two times a snow shelf breaks off when you stand in a specific area and puts you in a lower area.

>Nitpicky retarded bullshit
Nice to know that you have no argument for any of my complaints.

>I'm mad that it only slightly references another boss and doesn't just straight up copy it
I'm more annoyed that it just halfasses the references so bad. It's already a barefoot boss in the painted world that kindly asks you to leave, has a scythe and also turns invisible but it they can't even be bothered to have her leave footprints in the snow?

>>377906634
The Ariandel phase is just kind of pointless for a dual boss since Friede is barely a factor in the fight aside from having to smack her halfway through the fight to prevent a heal if you don't get unlucky enough for her to stack up with Ariandel.
It would have been better if Ariandel was just standalone and had a better moveset or maybe I just had to play through the phase so often that I just started to hate it.
>>
>>377901313
Imagine spending time on this instead of playing a game you like.
>>
>>377896498
yeah, thats just wrong.
>>
>>377907483
I would say they both have the best boss arenas. Gael has that room that just goes that you can just play tag with him with ruins strewn about. Orphan has the kino beach with the broken moon in the sky and dead kos
>>
>>377907585

You are a dumb nigger. DaS3 isn't the weakest. BB and DaS3 are the best games in the franchise.
>>
spam roll and summon 3 phantoms for every boss lmao welcome to dark souls!!1!
>>
I have not yet played D3, I want to shortly, but DS2: SotFS was fantastic. DS2 vanilla was utter shit.
I'm hopeful.
>>
>>377907928
>DaS3 isn't the weakest
it is to me 2bh
>>
>>377906675
Fight starts, Soundtrack comes in, epic as fuck; Gael runs to you and engages in the best fight of the whole DS serie (imo)... He's hard as hell and has a move set so beautiful that makes the Fume Knight feel ashamed
>>
>>377907585
>bloodborne
>souls game
Come on now son
>>
>>377908068
Nice meme!
>>
This thread shows why /vg/ banned Bloodborne out of Dark Souls threads.
>>
>>377907834
For Gael that's more of a negative.
The elevation differences and the ruined terrain aren't something his attack patterns and AI work well with and the whole theme of inevitability is ruined when you can just outrun him for as long as you want.
>>
>>377907585
Most of your post is some stupid grandstanding bullshit that nobody gives a fuck about.

>I'm not being biased towards DS3, DS3 is the weakest souls game
Yet you're the most charitable when it comes to praising their bosses. Funny, that.

>he's the only boss in the series that can animation cancel.
Old Demon King.
>>
>>377902981
the only reason anybody would like ds2 the most, is if it was their first.
>>
>>377908096
>get it explained to you multiple times
>lmao nice joke
>>
I liked DS3 a lot.

https://youtu.be/ZnjQTIRzChM?list=PLa0kdYaWleuQoG9a7a7i5qC7qS5ZTyt5C
>>
File: book-cover.jpg (101KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
book-cover.jpg
101KB, 1000x1414px
>>377901735
>>377899536
Good taste
>>
>>377908140
>>377908243
DS3 does bosses better than BB.
Midir, Gael, SoC, Nameless, Dancer, Champion Gundyr, and Friede. These are the only good bosses DS3 has, which is more than BB. Therefore it does bosses better.
>old demon king
Are you talking about when he explodes and then does the upswing? Is that a common occurrence because I've seen it once? I'll concede that OoK isn't the only boss that does this, but it's the only thing that makes OoK difficult.
>>
File: bleurgh.jpg (73KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
bleurgh.jpg
73KB, 621x621px
>>377903661
is that a glitch? theres no way they published this...
>>
>>377907585
>This is the problem I have with you diehard Bloodborne enthusiasts who only care about the game because it's a PS4 game and not because it's a souls game
bingo
dae bb is perfect and does everything perfectly, btw pcfags lmao btfo
>>
File: Zwinkern.jpg (8KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
Zwinkern.jpg
8KB, 235x235px
>>377893204
>Why das2 was such disappointment compared to the das1/3 and bloodborne?
fixed
>>
>>377908832
You are so funny, lol:)
Upvote
>>
WHY DOES <YOUR FAVORITE SOULS GAME> SUCK DICK COMPARED TO <MY FAVORITE SOULS GAME>
>>
>>377908446
Ludwig, Gehrman, BSB, Pthumerian Descendant, Ebrietas, BLB, Undead Giant (chain), Laurence. Oh look, I've got one more than you.

Friede was not a well designed fight.
>>
I really can't think of any reason why someone would find Dark Souls II better than III other than just blind contrarianism.
>>
>>377908446
And Princes. And Pontiff. And Dragonslayer Armourer.
>>
>>377908985
The difference between me and you is I understand that my list is opinions, where you believe your is fact.
>>
>>377908446
>>377908985

I liked EVERY boss in Dark Souls 2, therefor I win.
>>
>>377894960
How is Sotfs worse than Das2?
>>
>>377909483
More enemies for no reason, Wharf and Heide's has been effectively ruined by these changes. Why does Wharf need 50 pirates in a single room? Why does Heide need to be filled with Heide knights especially when their lore is they got ran out of heide only there are only few surivors wandering the lands of drangelic
statues added for no reason other than to impede your path
items rearranged in a way that doesn't make sense (dull ember being right outside McDuff, really?)
>>
>>377909035
>DS3 does bosses better than BB.
>These are the only good bosses DS3 has, which is more than BB.
>Therefore it does bosses better.

But when somebody turns around and says "well actually, these bosses were pretty good too when you put them on some kind of measurable metric", all of a sudden it's just your opinion, man, and I'm the one claiming that my opinion is fact, when you've been doing nothing but all thread.
Wew lad.
>>
>>377909791
Shut up
You just mad because das3 isn't ps4 exclusive
>>
>>377909791
it was always opinions
>>
>>377904326
give him a break, what would he know. he didn't finished one boss solo...
>>
>>377908035
>if the boss isn't a knight that does flip attacks it isn't good
I wish all the players who started post Ds1 dlc would die
>>
>>377909856
What a dumb thing to say.

>>377909791
And yet you're unwilling to extend the benefit of the doubt to anyone else.
Which is especially bad, since I was the one who pointed out that people were ignoring the quality of the boss within the context of the particular game they were in.
>>
>Graphics
The games only got better over time in that regard.
People who say DaS2 looks worse than DaS or DeS are either meme'ing, blind or ignorant. Cherrypicking screenshots is easy for every game but overall the games just get better in terms of graphics over time - That goes for DaS2 as well despite the downgrade before release.

>Atmosphere
Dark Souls wins there for most people simply because it was most peoples first Souls experience.
Those who played DeS first rank that one higher.

DaS2 however had a very different tone and overall felt more positive and like a personal adventure. And not like you exploring a dead/dying world full of mysteries and former glory.
DaS3 feels the most ''videogame'' and barely has any atmosphere whatsover. The world doesn't give you the feel that its more dying than the worlds of the others despite it being the main theme of DaS3 above everything else.

>Combat
DaS1 wasn't very balanced but everything kinda felt like the way it should feel like.
DaS2 balanced DaS1's combat.
And DaS3 gave DaS combat Bloodborne speed for some reason. It also ''balanced'' things so hard that everything that isn't a straight sword gets pure unfun because its either shit or requires high investments.
>>
>>377901619
>these "minor details" make up about 70% of the game
ok kiddo
>>
>>377910220
you are a fool if you think ds2 looks better than ds1. Shit ds1 looks better than ds3
>>
>>377910313
nostalgiafags are a blight to this board
>>
>>377910426
ds2 looks like fucking shit in every regard and ds3's only advantage is sharper graphics but most areas are aesthetically bland
>>
>>377910426
Look me in the eye and say that again
*Puts on a closed face DaS3 helmet*
>>
Make Das with III's engine, finish post Anor Londo and it's the best souls game.
III has the best gameplay but it's ruined by the roll spamming, and II has the best replayability and the no bonfire and no death challenged game you incentive to learn speed-running and cheesing techniques.
>>
>>377910740
>FUCKING NO!

DaS2 has a clearer texture and DaS3 is superior in aesthetics and design
>>
>>377911120
>III's engine
>spam roll
>unpunishable heal
>phantom range
no thanks! XD
>>
>>377911215
I'm so sorry you have such shit taste
>>
>>377908068
Saying Bloodborne is not souls is the same as saying Prometheus is not Alien.
>>
>>377908035
you can literally power through his attacks until he staggers because he does pisspoor damage

gael is a bad second-hand Artorias, just mash roll until you're far away enough to chug down 3 out of your 15 estus and then ((((hyper-armor)))) through his attacks

but i admit that midir is a great fight and i enjoyed it a lot. one of the few dragon bosses that don't fuck up the camera
>>
File: 1494677247403.jpg (132KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1494677247403.jpg
132KB, 1000x562px
>>377911278
This is shit
>>
I'm playing DS3 right now and I'm sick tired of all the BS mechanics intended for "difficulty"

>Enemies hit thru walls
>Enemies don't stop their attack because of a wall
>Enemies actually have poise
>Enemies get termo-seeking ranged attacks
>Enemies get infinite stamina
>Enemies get to follow your movement with their attacks, meaning if they attack to the right, suddenly they are facing left because you evaded that way

I'm all for a hard game, not for a beta released game
>>
>>377893204
Because they released 5 fucking installments in only 7 years.
>>
>>377911407
Yeah that's big brown poopy shit, the lighting is a disaster
>>
File: Kenshin.png (134KB, 462x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshin.png
134KB, 462x540px
>>377893204
I can agree that Bloodborne is better than DS3.
But DS2? Are you fucking retarded my friend?
>>
>>377911889
>Is it possible to replay das2 and have fun
Yes
>Is it possible to replay das3 and have fun
Fuck no
>>
>>377893204
not sure if you're baiting but dark souls 2 was a broken disaster on launch
The game was so bad that they had to re-release it entirely
>>
>>377910220
I know this is most likely bait, but i am actually really fucking sick of this stupid "dark souls 2 was actually good" meme.

DS2 is fucking shit and always has been, that's why it was so hated when it came out

DS2 is shit for far too many reasons for me or anyone to really list out but the obviously gigantic problems are the horrible tracking enemies have, too many mob bosses, giga sized hitboxes/shockwaves, dodge roll iframes being fucked up, shit level design and layouts.

Also the game is very ugly graphically and stylistically, like way worse than DS1 looks and even worse than DeS.

DaS2 has great FPS and performance, but the world and the main character feel and look so fucking bad. It's like they're made with play doh. Sword swinging, drinking estus and sprinting animations feel like they are going "HERE! I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM DOING THIS ACTION"

In other souls games the animations feel like they just happen, and they are less floaty. And the worlds feel sharper and more inspired
>>
>>377894656
>pandering to reddit

now that plain didn't happen. everything else, however, is pretty accurate.
>>
File: S3WDjUk.png (106KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
S3WDjUk.png
106KB, 752x1000px
>>377912079
Oh but I'm still playing ds3 anon and I can really say that it's way more fun than ds2.
Once again, more content doesn't make the game better, and that's what games like ds2 taught me.
Ds2 was a disaster that felt way too different from demons souls and dark souls, and as a game, it was also a total shitwreck.
The fucking hitboxes, shitty enemy animations, bad designed levels and jesus fucking christ the lighting and textures.
>>
>>377897507
especially when the only viable weapon to make the most of it is the executioner sword and even then you gotta pair it with like 3 rings to make fp management halfway decent.
>>
>>377898949
>ToH
What?
>>
>>377912604
making it a nostalgia circle jerk to pander to ds1fags is pandering to reddit
yes im making the assertion that ds1fags are redditors
>>
>DaS2
>not the best combat in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YM65d6Dg6k
>>
>>377912921
the old hunters
>>
>>377913064
Oh right, after ring city I forgot about it
>>
>>377902393
>then why is dark souls 3 vastly superior to dark souls

Ohh I'm laughin
>>
>>377912749
How, with a straight face, can you say that ds3 is way better than ds2 when those are the two most closely related games in the series

Like shit man ds3 is basically ds2 without adp and soul memory but it retains every other shitty change the ds2 amateur devs thought was a good idea
>>
File: 1478440070821.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478440070821.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>377913004
>combat
>netcode
>>
>>377913808
The same I can say to you bud.
I've already said my reasons about why I can't enjoy it as much as ds3 in the post dude.
It also just feels way too different from the previous games.
>>
>>377913808
3 is the farthest from 2 possible.
3 is basically bb with souls cosmetic, or a ultra fast 1.
>>
>>377914239
no you can't say the same to me because im not the one shitting on ds2 and then heelturning to praise ds3 when they're effectively the same shit
>>
dark souls 2 "fans" are the same people who defend the star wars prequels on /tv/
>>
i really can fathom people saying ds3 is good and in the same breathe shit on ds2, when both are garbage
>>
>>377914323
it is straight up alien to me how anyone could honestly believe what you just said
>>
DeS: Original Trilogy
DaS: Original Trilogy Novels
DaS2: Prequels
Bloodborne: Clone Wars
DaS3: Force Awakens
>>
>>377907086
Any Radio-Bandicoot image like this?
>>
>>377915021
This, but I'm not sure what is meant by BB being the clone wars.
>>
As much as I hate all the threads that keep popping up and declaring it the greatest game of all time, is Bloodbonre pretty much the high point of the Souls series?
>>
>>377915494
Nah, it was pretty meh compared to the das3
>>
>>377901550
>hating on /ourguy/ albino llama
you need to go back
>>
>>377900074
i also enjoyed fighting winged godzilla.
>>
>>377915385
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series)

widely regarded as the best star wars related media on /co/ and /v/
>>
>>377893738

> Can't fight while dodging

You're absolutely pathetic. Don't blame the game for your utter lack of skill
>>
>>377915385
>>377915021
>>377916004
DaS2 DLC is Clone Wars
Bloodborne is Space Balls
>>
>>377893204
-linear as fuck
-weapons feel way too versatile
(almost all the swords have a thrust attack which was a really nice to have but not that common back in the days of Dark Souls)
-poise was useless for the longest time

I heard they fixed poise but I'm skeptical.
>>
>>377916280
spam roll lmao best game ever XD
>>
File: smash souls.jpg (301KB, 808x1456px) Image search: [Google]
smash souls.jpg
301KB, 808x1456px
>>
>>377895130

The abyss watchers are possibly my favorite boss fight ever along with NieR's last boss. I'm really curious about why you dislike it
>>
>>377916752
If anything DS3 is Project M
Project M (M stands for Melee) is about making Brawl play more like Melee.
Bloodborne is best as Sm4sh or Sony Battle Allstars.
>>
>>377916830
They are a fucking meme boss, can be stunlocked and just walk around doing flippy dippy attacks every so often, you don't even have to fight the mob cause they die so quickly. There is absolutely nothing that sets that shitty boss apart from the 10 other flippy dippers and yet every fucking pleb on the planet says it's amazing - the magnitude of shit taste is indescribable
>>
>>377916830
>Dudes with a sword lmao
>braindead easy
>can be backstabbed
>can be parried
>no one hit kill moves
>>
>>377901313
IT DOESNT MATERR HOW SHIT AND TRASH A GAME MECHANIC IS AS LONG AS ITS NEWWWWWWWWW AND ORIGINAL LOL

DAS3 WAS SOOOOO UNORIGINAL LOL

DS2 4EVA AT LEAST IT TRIED NEW THINGS!!1!!11!!!!!!!!!
>>
Why is it so easy to bait DS2 haters?
>>
>>377899165

Lol get rekt.
>>
>>377894230

there is so much falseflag bullshit in this post holy shit, nobody fucking cared about the PC version, it was popular just because it came out on something other than the gaystation 3 FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETYNINE US DOLLARS and was more polished that than piece of shit turd everyone loves just because it's exclusive called demon's turd.
>>
>>377917630
cause the sequels are so bad it's visceral
>>
>>377911218
Oh no, you're retarded.
>>
>>377894676
Neck yourself if you think Rom was a good bossfight.
>>
>>377900276
t.shitter
>>
>>377917630
same way it's easy to bait atheists, by presenting an argument that utterly defies logic so they feel confident they can attack that view without repercussion.
>>
>>377918028
Are you implying the arena isn't beautiful? That's what the image is focusing on.
>>
>>377907642
There was a poin tot he ice, you said there was none, you are factually wrong.

>Nice to know that you have no argument for any of my complaints
Your complaints boil down to, you can't do this so it's bad. You can't pull a snowboard out your ass and do some sick 360s therefore it's bad.
There's nothing to argue against.
>>
>>377917630
People are attracted to retard levels of arguments.
>>
File: 353330018[1].jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
353330018[1].jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>377898782

>they literally removed assets from dark souls 2 beta and put them into bloodborne instead

look at the fucking trees lol B team got cucked
>>
And once again DaS3 fans got BTFO for liking worst game in the series
>>
>>377918218
It's white space and water. Are you really implying BB has more effort put in than DaS3 using that image as evidence?
>>
>DS3 thread
>everyone shits on it

>ds3babies come into thread
>B-bUT BUT BUT DAS2
>ds3 babies get btfo'd harder

i love this board
>>
SoTFS was my first introduction to the series and having immediately played Dark Souls 3 after, I think I know which things I enjoyed more. That's just the fact of the matter. If Dark Souls 2 is the worst in the series that shouldn't be possible.

On paper, 3 is definitely higher quality. Dark Souls 3 definitely didn't feel like a 'bad' game, but it did feel extremely repetitive and the constant bonfire warping to progress after bosses didn't help. Where this really took its toll however was on my initial excitement with the world and level design.

Most levels were extremely large, keeping literal hundreds of enemies in one area just padding it out. I keep hearing Dark Souls 2 had a lot of enemies but... every. fucking. area. in Dark Souls 3 has scenery enemies with identical programming that you cut down again and again and again and again and again and again, and... it's only there just to make the level longer, but they all try nothing different. The same goes for knight enemies which are equally identical to face.

There's just too many enemies with absolutely identical programming.

Oh yeah, and enemies didn't attack through fucking walls in Dark Souls 2. I remember they would actually stop attacking the player if there was a corner and this made ganks much easier to deal with.

The world design is a massive blueballing. They somehow finished and shipped a Souls game designed solely around combat. There's no chests, no traps, no secrets (obviously there are, but in piss poor supply.) There's nothing to discover, and unlike Darks Souls 2 that relied on warping when the world simply failed to connect areas, Dark Souls 3 has warping despite tons of perfectly connecting areas completely visible out in the distance. There's a WHOLE VALLEY between Cathedral of the Deep and Irithyll and the only way between them is Catacombs of Carthus. Fucking really?
>>
at least ds3 removed shockwaves
clips.twitch.
tv/SmallConfidentPicklesDBstyle
>>
>>377919272
stale copy pasta
>>
DS2 story> DS3 story

Dark 2 felt like a personal, intimate story about a man (or woman) looking for an end to their suffering. A wildly weird, complex series of events leads them toward becoming a Monarch or forsaking the Throne to find another way. On the face of it, it's opera, but dig just a little under the surface and what you find is a story about loss, fear, and identity. More succinctly, fear of losing who you are.

And with the SOTFS added bits, it becomes more profound and more engrossing, because neither the game nor Aldia are encouraging you to look at it in such basic "this is the bad guy who did this bad thing" way, but instead in a more philosophical, existential manner. You're not fighting a big dude in armour, or a dude who chose to link the fire (or end it), you're not even fighting the fire itself; you're fighting nature. More succinctly, you're battling the idea of nature.

This lends itself to probably the most optimistic ending in the trilogy, the one where you reject the Throne of Want and instead decide to forge your own path, to reach beyond the scope of light and the reach of dark for something else. Something perhaps new, perhaps different. Whatever it is, it has to be better than this endless cycle of light and dark, of triumph and misery, of life and death. Throughout the game we're shown that not only the cycle repeats, but entire civilizations and indeed people repeat. Reincarnation plays a pretty big role in the game, I think.

In the end the game leaves you optimistic that, even if it takes a thousand years, or a thousand cycles, there will be a way out. You'll seek it and, I think, find it, eventually. Such is your fate.
>>
>>377897190
This guy gets it
>>
>>377919469
Nice argument. Some people are just good at typing if you weren't aware.
>>
If you look at DS3 it's got the best bosses in gameplay of the etnire franchise
but if you look at it's entire package it's overall the weakest game in the franchise
>>
>>377901313

This post made my day, have a (you) my anon
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 1881x83px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 1881x83px
>>377919272
piss off
>>
>>377919832
Eat a dick. I'm typing this all from my PS4, it's literally not possible to highlight text let alone copy it.
>>
>>377904382

t. My computer is shit
>>
>>377919469
>>377919832

DaS3babbies everyone
>>
>>377895867
(You)
>>
>>377917075

No anon, you don't get it. It isn't amazing, it's simply epic.
>>
>>377896482
Not after 90% of bosses.
>>
>>377918219
>Your complaints boil down to, you can't do this so it's bad. You can't pull a snowboard out your ass and do some sick 360s therefore it's bad.

There's one complaint that's really like that and it's the shit about it being an ice level that only exists as an ice level to be a painted world reference in contrast to being more like what DaS2 did with its various snow level bullshit (Though that would just be a DaS2 reference so kind of retarded of me to type that in retrospect).

And then the part about the followers and wolves just giving no fucks about your attire is a bit more like that but there has to be some payoff for the game having yet more Artorias reference adjacent stuff in it.
And the Corvian Rapier just having the default one-handed moveset is kind of lazy but whatever.

The rest are proper complaints, such as the DLC having barely any content.
>>
>>377894676
Base game 3 had better boss fights than base game Bloodborne
>>
>>377898603
Who the fuck thought Chromatic Aberration with no way to turn it off on a console game full of jaggies was a good idea?
>>
>>377900548
What the fuck are you talking about? Does SotFS add a lot of extra early game soul pickups to do what you're implying or something? Because I sure as hell know that SotFS didn't touch enemy/boss health and damage.
>>
>>377920678
This is exactly the quality level I expect from Dark Souls II apologist posts.
>>
>>377921567
Oceiros and NK with their terribad hitboxes are why that is unfortunately incorrect. Aldrich is also pretty shit but nobody calls him out on it.

Nobody really wants to criticize Dark Souls 3 bosses at all. It's all these honeymoon DaS3 fanboys have to defend their game.
>>
>>377921982
t. Drumpf voter
>>
>>377922057
You're acting like Bloodborne didnt have shit bosses like the Witch, One Reborn, Micolash and Rom
>>
>>377922057
There's nothing wrong with NK and Aldrich's hitboxes and the only exception for Oceiros is the dash and I'm by no means a ds3 fan
>>
>>377922324
>>377922057
Base bb only has gehrman for a good boss
Base ds3 has nameless king, soc, dancer, and champ
>>
>>377922324
there is literally nothing wrong with unorthodox bosses like micolash
>>
>>377922457
Fuck off, retard
I want to have fun fights instead of running everywhere for 1 faggot
>>
>>377922457
Everything is wrong with it
Gimmick bosses are a mistake
>>
>>377919263
That's literally every DaS2 thread. No one loves bringing up DaS3 more than DaS2babbies. They've been false flagging since DaS3 came out because their favorite trash game got shit on by all of /v/ for the entirety of its existence.
>>
>>377922691
What people usually mean by "fun fights" become extremely boring and repetitive without interesting stuff in between.
>>
>>377920470
>calling the people who replied to a post that literally admitted to DaS2 being his first game in the series a babby
DaS2 faggots are insufferable.
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.