[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the reason to buy a ps4 if I have a laptop with a gtx 1050

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 71XQiPuXfxL._SL1070_.jpg (208KB, 1070x1014px) Image search: [Google]
71XQiPuXfxL._SL1070_.jpg
208KB, 1070x1014px
Whats the reason to buy a ps4 if I have a laptop with a gtx 1050 (can play ds3, tw3, doom, etc on 1080p high settings)
>>
>>377892131
>Whats the reason to buy a ps4 if
what "if"? there is no reason to buy a PS4
>>
>>377892489
Yea thats what im trying to consider cuz i really always wanted a ps4 and got the $$$ now but this laptop plays games well
>>
>>377892683
save the money or buy something useful
>>
>>377892131
I fell for the Last of Us and Uncharted 1 2 3 meme, folded, bought a used PS3 and those games. Played each maybe 25 minutes. Ended up playing that Hot Shots Golf for 40+ hours then sold it all.

Schmuck . . . you're not missing anything.
>>
>>377892131
>Whats the reason to buy PC if I have a PS4 and can play all those games plus exclusives. PC is pretty much dead irrelevant hardware.
>>
>>377892131
The only reason would be to play the exclusives. Look at a list of them and see how many you want to play. If it seems worth it to you after that, then get one.
>>
>>377892883
The only reason? You think most people don't buy the PS4 to play mutliplats or what?
>>
>>377892793
>Played each maybe 25 minutes

Shame, because they get good at around the halfway mark.

>hot shots golf

Enough said about your taste really.

>>377892968
If it's multiplats, you can play them on PC.
>>
>>377892968
He literally said he has a gaming PC, anon. Why would he play multiplats on the PS4?
>>
>>377892131
so that other children stop bullying you in the yard
>>
I would recommend selling the laptop and getting a desktop.

Other than that, the PS4 is worthless, get a PS3 instead, it has better games, and piracy is easy nowadays.
>>
>>377892131
How should I know? I don't have a fucking laptop with a gtx 1050
>>
K so it seems pretty unanimous that buying a ps4 when already having a good gpu pc is a waste
>>
>>377893269
This.

Don't let the nyggers from NeoFag trick you into getting a PS4, get a modded PS3.

You're a retard for buying a gaming laptop instead of a desktop though.
>>
>>377893109
>>377893056
So if you can play them on PC that means you can't play them on console?

Priceless logic right there

Anywho, if you do own a gaming PC, you sell it, get a PS4, a ton of games, PS+ and sit back and enjoy yourself

I guess you should keep the PC if you want to keep playing one of the 5 exclusives that are on PC

There you go
>>
>>377893469
>So if you can play them on PC that means you can't play them on console?
It means, why would you play it on console? If he doesn't own a console at this point, he obviously prefers PC gaming. Why would you spend $300 on a console just to play games you already could play? That makes no sense.
>>
>>377893458
Tricky thing is i live abroad where pc parts cost 3x as much but i can easily buy a gaming laptop in the us for normal price and walk it through customs in my backpack

Maybe i should spend the $300 on a switch so i can play that sweet variety of exclusive nintendo games which is zelda and mario kart
>>
>>377893571
So for him the only reason to get a PS4 are exclusives, remasters and vitaports. And thats up to OP whether he wants to play them or not.
>>
File: never.jpg (38KB, 785x590px) Image search: [Google]
never.jpg
38KB, 785x590px
>>377892131
I mean, do you want a PS4? If you're not interested I'd say save your money. Also, don't take advice /v/ everyone's almost always wrong here.

Including me.
>>
>>377893571
Less hackers/cheaters on console + games are almost always more alive
That's always good
If he's into fighting games for example, PC is not a good option either
I also guess that since it's PC sometimes ports of games are so shit you just as might buy the console version
So there is that rare benefit too
>>
>>377893845
Yeah, exactly. That's what I've been saying.
>>
Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nioh, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Yakuza, Horizon, TLG

Basically around a dozen 10/10 games of this gen.
>>
Im in the same position, well i was, picked up a ps4 slim. Got a new phone plan and they throw in a ps4 for another 10 bucks a month, literally the only reason i had one and would have unless i had fuck you money to spend on every console
>>
>>377893978
Bloodborne is the only really good one im missing out on

Maybe i should get a switch
>>
>>377893978
>Nioh, Gravity Rush, Uncharted,TLG 10/10
Come on anon, dont lie to op
>>
>>377894195
Switch doesn't have any worthwhile game the Wii U doesn't have at this point. And the Wii U is fully hackable which means free Wii, Wii U and NDS games.

>>377894228
Not him, but Nioh is great. Biggest complaint I've heard is the lack of enemy variety, but that didn't bother me.
>>
>Bloodborne
>Weebshit
>Yakuza
>Fightan game communities are more active on PS4?
That's about it.
A PS4's main use is as a PC substitute with a handful of exclusives. It's not a good substitute but it's suitable in terms of being an affordable (in the short term) way of playing big popular games plus some weebshit.
Source: I own a PS4. [1]
>>
>>377895331
Really? How easy is it to hack a wii u ?
>>377895924
Yea by reading all these posts ive pretty much given up on a ps4 already
>>
>>377896421
>Really? How easy is it to hack a wii u ?
It takes around ten minutes and an SD Card. It's about as easy as putting CFW on a PSP.
Softmodding the vWii takes an extra five minutes but once you've got that you've got all the functionality of softmodded Wii as well.
>>
>>377896550
Damn this is very tempting till i just saw the wii u price on amazon ($400 vs $250 for a ps4) what a ripoff
>>
>>377896786
I recommend shopping around for a second-hand bargain.
The Wii U has some great exclusives.
Or you could just wait until CEMU progresses even better.
>>
>>377897050
How do they justify a low graphics console like the wii u costing almost twice as much as a ps4???
>>
If you are desperate to play a bunch of exclusives, that would be an acceptable reason. But if so, I reserve the right to mock your shitty taste.
>>
>>377897192
They're both incredibly prideful, stubborn and refuse to sell hardware at a loss, even when it would help.
Sony and Microsoft are willing to sell hardware at a loss because they consider it a worthy trade-off in exchange for a bigger market share.
Nintendo is Nintendo.
>>
>>377897521
Yea fuck spending 400 bucks when that ps4 uncharted 4 bundle is 249.

Also i thought the switch was 300 but im seeing it at no less than 386
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.