[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will there ever be a game as immersive and mindblowing as okami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: okami.jpg (6KB, 400x100px) Image search: [Google]
okami.jpg
6KB, 400x100px
will there ever be a game as immersive and mindblowing as okami released ever again? why is this the best game ever?
>>
File: okami.jpg (37KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
okami.jpg
37KB, 620x350px
lol
>>
10 hours too long
>>
>>377890227
FIFA (X) sold more than the whole Souls Franchise put together.
>>
>>377890227
I remember reading a statement from some exec saying that with all the different version all in alla Okami was a "moderate" financial success. He made it sound like it at least broke even.
>>
>>377891398
I imagine that would include the PS3 HD release, which I think is when a lot of people caught it.
>>
in what way is okami immersive
>>
>>377891559
It's very beautiful.
>>
I didn't care for it, it was just Zelda-lite for furries and that's coming from a furry. The combat was rather gimmicky and the whole idea of drawing the spells out did not offer anything unique above just mashing a button to do the same thing. Most of the fights were kept to ~3 enemies at a time and you were usually locked in a small circle to do it in. The bosses were cool and I was amazed at how well they managed to characterize a sheet of paper but ultimately the game fell apart during the last ~5-10 hours. S'okay I guess.
>>
>>377891510
It's also the best version they have. Can't believe that they actually managed to do what they did with it. 60fps 4k downsampled to 1080p, all on the PS3. That's fucking impressive.
>>
>>377891637
>The combat was rather gimmicky

Unlike most zelda games, amirite?
>>
>will there ever be a game as immersive and mindblowing as okami released ever again?
Plenty if you're not a massively biased fanboy.
>>
>>377891510
I think that's something that gets underestimated a bit. Usually when we talk about game sales it's all about the release week and the big hype burst in the beginning, but there's also a strength in a game that will keep selling years after it's release and will have people talk about it and ask for HD editions.
>>
>>377891637
>bringing furries into the discussion

Can you please bring your pestilence elsewhere?
>>
File: 1473932379293.png (2MB, 1575x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1473932379293.png
2MB, 1575x1575px
>>377890029
This game was also very influenced by japanese culture and had at least one white dog in it.

I personally liked it a lot.
>>
>>377891719
You're right but at the same time, I think this only applies to a couple of games, namely cult classics, which I think Okami certainly is.

I imagine games like Hollow Knight or other great smaller titles that came out this year had abysmal launch sales because of how many big games there have been, but at the same time, they will have a slow burn because of the rabid fanbase and accessible price point. 20 bucks is the perfect sweet spot for a game like that.
>>
I like how aimless the game was for the most part after you beat Orochi the first time.

Not many adventure games just have you kind of exploring and looking for things to do, not exactly having an overarching plot to make a big deal out of gave the game a really unique atmosphere for me.
>>
>>377891637
>furries
>Okami

I don't think furries are into non anthropomorphic animals. At least from what I've seen of their "culture"
>>
>>377891915
Furries LOVE Okami, trust me.
>>
>>377891905
I felt like the game kind of fell apart after Oni Island. I completely lost interest at that point.
>>
>>377890029
I got bored. It's a boring game. Very repetitive, easy, empty. You shouldn't be able to make an ink-world where you play as a god boring, but they did.
>>
>>377892015
the game is a bit slow-paced, but I never understand people who say it's boring. the game has an absolutely massive amount of things to do in it, and each area feels really unique and inventive.
>>
The first few times I got to feed wild animals was some of the most endearing shit I ever got to do in a video game.

A couple hours in, it became a grind and lost all magic.

That is kind of the story of every aspect of that game for me.
>>
>>377892003
I'm sure they do but why bring it up here? The game certainly isn't pandering to furries, the anthropomorphic characters are all non-sexualised and so is Amaterasu herself. The only characters that are supposed to be even remotely sexy are all humans/human looking deities.
>>
>>377892005
The game could have definitely ended there. I liked Kamui but the game definitely started to feel like it was dragging on at that point.
>>
>>377892127
There's nothing of it, it's just a harmless musing to jokingly oversimplify qualities about a game before discussing the main points.
>>
>>377892108
1/5th of your time will be spent doing things. Things that do not take a very long time, you'll just draw a symbol and end a quest or whatever.

4/5ths of your time is spent walking from A to B and steamrolling the occasional piss-easy mob.

Really I want to say that's an optimistic ratio. I dropped the game around the snow level, I just had enough. But then I never liked the Legend of Zelda either. It's for kids who see big empty map and go "Ooo, awe-inspiring.".
>>
>>377892486
honestly, I don't agree at all. getting from point a to point b in this game never felt like a chore to me. along the way there are always tons of things to do, like feed some animals, fight some monsters, do a quest, bloom some trees, find treasure, etc
>>
>>377892640
You do all those things so many times over the course of the game that it loses all impact at least half-way through. Every little system of that game is cool, but overdone three times over. You just start seeing the strings.
>>
WIll we get a sequel announced at E3?
>>
>>377893185
Doubt it.
>>
>>377893185
Absolutely not, Clover Studios was shitcanned shortly after the game's launch and Okamiden was not even done by the same studio, probably not even the same devs. At best, we might get a reboot ala DmC which would be the worst shit ever but given the nature of Okami, there's not much to reboot.
>>
>>377891606
It is but that's beside the point.
>>
>>377892413
No, you're just obsessed.
>>
>>377893905
Probably.
>>
>>377891806
Explain what part of Japanese culture influenced undertale
>>
>>377894158
Wabi-sabi
>>
>>377894158
video games
jrpgs
chinese cartoons
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.