[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 3D action adventure platformers dead? WHy dont people wanna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

Are 3D action adventure platformers dead? WHy dont people wanna play games like these anymore I dont understand
>>
>>377885272
I mean this year had a few 3D platformers, and more coming out later this year. Yooka Laylee, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, etc.

Stuff like Sly exactly I can't say but did Thieves in Time sell well?
>>
>>377885272

Because they were cool when 3D was new and with every graphics leap.

Now it really just doesn't make sense anymore, just like 2D Sonics.
>>
>>377885272
because gamedevs are retards and had the thought "we should make mature games for mature gamers since our audience grew up"

despite children still being the largest userbase of consoles
>>
>>377885272
>focus group any game that isn't bloody space marine: first person shooter
>the target demographic all say that it looks like a game for their little brother
>game comes out as a pile of hot garbage
>>
>>377885743
The other thing I don't get is.

>Children likes Game
>Said children grew up into adults
>Now we must take Game and turn it into adult version

Has there EVER been any series in the history that was requested by the fan base to be more mature and grown up>
>>
>>377885272
People tend to shun them because they think they're childish and often even make fun of the fans (while in some cases having no problem playing Mario or Sonic games).
>>
Because they've always been 50% gameplay, 50% battle with the camera.

I'm getting tired of fighting camera/camera controls honestly.
>>
>>377885743
>>377886059
name one time this happened
I only know cases where devs say that some of the played enjoyed their previous games so they play the next series as well (like me being a Ratchet & Clank fan and playing Resistance later)
>>
>>377886243
naughty dog
>>
>>377887104
worked out perfectly for them
pretty sure saying "we make adult games now because 3d platformers sell like shit" wouldn't have gotten over with a lot of gamers
>>
genres come and go
>>
>>377887765
naughty dog is a shadow of it's former self

the games they make now are shit
>>
>>377887765
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/naughty-dog-says-no-to-a-return-to-crash-bandicoot-or-jak-and-daxter#.VNK_sZ3F8bi

fuck off you smug retard
>>
>>377885272
I have the sly cooper remake collection on vita. Is it worth playing? I bought it in an ebay auction with some other games.
>>
Kids this gen grow up with shoot n toots now so there is no market for cute animorphic platformers anymore
>>
>>377887845
not my point
they are extremely successful, that's what matters IN THIS BUSINESS
>>377887892
>I think that it's also dictated by what the market wants, too.
>what the market wants
>what the market wants
>what the market wants
>>
>>377887104
Let's be honest, they haven't made a good game since Jak 3 (jak 2 was shit btw). Their modern games sell due to advertising and games journalists shilling them hardcore.

The last of us is a 6/10 game with no personality, and I've never even been slightly interested in buying an uncharted game.
>>
>>377888113
>>I think that it's also dictated by what the market wants, too.

right, so exactly what i said in the post that you were so ill-equipped to reply to "we should make mature games for mature gamers since our audience grew up"
>>
>>377888250
not really
he saw that Jak and Daxter despite being a lot better than Crash Bandicoot sold not nearly as good and saw that more realistic games are what are toping the charts
>>
>>377887945
Sly Cooper as a series is one of my favorite excluding the 4th game. 4 was utter shit. I would definitely play them.
>>
>>377888163
>jak 2 was shit btw
FUCK YOU
>>
>>377888163
jak 3 wasnt even good either because it was rushed as fuck. most of jak 3 levels were just altered levels from 2
>>
>>377888363
4 is the best one
the first one is the worst (almost no humor whatsoever, graphics and sound as if it's a PSone game)
>>
>>377888410
>most of jak 3 levels were just altered levels from 2
nothing wrong with that
>>
>>377888423
I wouldn't say 1 is the best of the 3 but 4 got rid of the charm the original trilogy had and the boss fights were terrible, especially the final "boss". The levels felt really empty too but maybe that is just me.
>>
>>377888113
>ND are succesful

lol, pull your head out of your ass, they are NOT successful... Maybe if they made games that weren't Sony exclusive they would be deserving of all the false praise they get, but as of right now. They. Are. Not.
>>
>>377888562
in what world do you live in?
even remasters of their games are among the highest selling games of the console they are on
>>
>>377888335
and yet uncharted 1 sold less than jak and daxter the precursor legacy

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6301/jak-and-daxter-the-precursor-legacy/

so you're wrong, yet again fucko
>>
>>377888467
>>377888467
>>
>>377888674
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12778/uncharted-drakes-fortune/
>3.64m is more than 4.93m
Are you retarded?
>>
>>377888674
>vgchartz
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.