[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've hit 1000 hours in a fighting game I'm still mediocre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1489383377513.png (67KB, 253x146px) Image search: [Google]
1489383377513.png
67KB, 253x146px
I've hit 1000 hours in a fighting game I'm still mediocre in.

Should I just kill myself now?
>>
As long as you're having fun and not acting like DSP online, it doesn't matter. Enjoy it.
>>
>>377877420
If your intention was getting gud, then yes
>>
>>377877420
If you never touched a fighting game before and decided to get good now, then no, it takes time

If you've been trying to get gud at fighters since, let's say 09 and you've put in that many hrs in different games that have come out until now, then maybe
>>
I'm crappy at online fighting games and FPSes. Still play them because I'm having fun
>>
Are you playing just to say you've gotten "gud" to a certain point, or because you enjoy the game for what it is and treat every match as its own experience?
>>
1000 hours isn't even that long. Haven't pros played for like 50,000+ hours?
>>
>>377877420
>1000 hours

Literally how?
>>
>>377877783
Well OP wasn't clear but you are supposed to improve still a little bit.
If he improved a bit then alright, but if he didn't then he is a loser.
>>
>>377877697
It's my first fighting game. I started in May of 2016.

I've improved since I started but I feel like I should be much farther than I am. My neutral game is still trash.

>>377877761
I'd like to improve, but having fun takes priority of course. Thankfully the characters I use are both fun and effective.
>>
What game, op? We might be able to throw you some tips.
>>
>>377877420
Listen up you stupid fucking faggot, you can spend 1000 hours driving a car and not go anywhere.
>>
>>377877921
What game?

Also have you tried actually studying frame data? If you're not naturally getting it through practice, you might not be a very good experience based learner. You might need to sit down and actually study shit.
>>
>>377877921
First fighting game huh? Chill out bro that's way too early to be freaking out about milestones. Keep the dedication, go to locals if you can, and find someone to practice with if you can. If you cannot do those then find someway to grade yourself in online matches. Example: I will punish every jump in in neutral, something like that. Learn from your matches instead of beating yourself up over what you didn't do or loses.

t.socalfag

Btw, what game? SFV or?
>>
>>377877420
Maybe you should change up how you approach practice
>>
>>377877921
How often are you actually playing? What game? Are you actually throwing out moves when appropriate and going through trial and error or just turtling up until you get chipped out/eat an overhead or throw into mixup city?

>>377878220
Also this, if just doing it and getting a feel for what works isn't helping you, you might be better with studying frame data.
>>
>>377877420
you're never going to get better if you don't play against good players
>>
>>377877862
Casuals get out
>>
fighting games are garbage
>>
File: 1476727623060.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1476727623060.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>377878712
>>
Getting better is mostly about mentality desu.
>>
>>377878712
I'm not great at fighting games but I can do basic inputs and a little footsies. There are a few fighting game machines sprinkled around the city. Every once in a while I'll meet someone at those machines and we play and small-talk fighting games and enjoy each other's company for a little bit and go our separate ways forever. The genre may be obtuse and it's celebrities a little crass but fighting games facilitate good life experiences from time to time that makes it worth it.
>>
if you didn't grow up playing them, why would you ever bother to pick them up? it's like arena shooters, you're decades late to the game. you will never be good, decent at best
>>
>>377877420
People have been playing this shit since SF2 playing catchup will take years at minimum
>>
>>377878536
1000 hours is easy, but in a fighting game? Why would anyone do that?
>>
>>377879292
Decent is what I hope for.

>>377879402
Because they enjoy the game, same reason why they'd do it in any other genre.
>>
>>377879292
Thats beta nu male thinking
>>
Fighting games are an outlier. No matter how hard you try you will never get good. No matter how good you get you will never be the best. And if by some miracle you rise to the top, the game will consume your life and destroy your hands.

ALL fighting games are meant to be party games, played with drunk friends who don't know what they're doing. It's the only way to enjoy them.
>>
File: 1487535821766.jpg (13KB, 296x280px) Image search: [Google]
1487535821766.jpg
13KB, 296x280px
>>377879502
That's a bleak way to look at things. I don't really see "good" as an endgame, the entire thing is a continuous evolving climb that can keep me interested for years to come. It's the ultimate replay value.
>>
File: Donworryaboutit.jpg (298KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Donworryaboutit.jpg
298KB, 600x600px
>>377879292
Being decent is better then a vast majority of people who have played them anyways.

If you are having fun why stop at that?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.