[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Horizon worth getting if you don't have a ps4Pro? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
Is Horizon worth getting if you don't have a ps4Pro? I've seen a lot of amazing graphical footage but I doubt it will run that way on my regular ps4.
Plus I genuinely enoy these types of ubisoft games for what they are including far cry primal even though they're not my favorite genre.
Is there enough reason to get this game if a ps4 Pro is out of the question?
>>
I hear it runs well on a regular ps4, the pro upgrade is mainly just some fidelity stuff and 4K

it got pushed hard as a Pro game because it's a big title for sony in general
>>
>>377870054
It runs great on the PS4 but it does look undeniably better on the pro
>>
>>377870054
Yes, it runs very well and looks good too. The Pro version has some nice enhancements, but you will enjoy it nonetheless.
>>
>>377870054

It's a locked 30fps at 1080p on base ps4. It runs great and the graphics/animations are impressive. The gameplay is the weakest part of the game though, it's only decent in everything outside of bow combat.
>>
>>377870573
I'd say the archery is serviceable.

And combines with the stealth, using traps to snare things and set up ambushes, overriding and corrupting to turn machiens against each other, the combat is one of the best things about the game.
>>
>>377870943

MGS5 spoiled me.
>>
>>377870573
>>377870943
How does the machine combat work? Do you just run into robot dinosaurs in the wild and fight them?
Also how is the human combat? I've seen some images of Far Cry-style fort raiding; is the stealth gameplay good in Horizon?
>>
>>377871112
I've been think about getting MSGV too, but everyone here says it's shit. Is that just because they didn't like the story, or is it because the world is too empty? I've heard there's a ton of content though
>>
>>377871195
The strength of the game's combat system is in the action really.
Using elemetnal arrows to get different effects and removing certain enemy parts and weapons to limit what they can do is where it really shines.
The Stealth gameplay combined with the traps is good but the stealth on its own is kind of busted. Moving around quietly to set up tripwire traps and then driving herds of machines into them is great but just sneaking around and stealth hitting things is really lame.
It's more of a problem early in the game when most of the machines are on the smaller side but as you transition into new areas running around and stealth hitting things becomes less and less viable.
>>
File: MIeL4u4.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MIeL4u4.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>377870054
Played it on a base PS4 and didnt see any problem with it.

However it does look better on the PRO. It's actually fucking unreal.
>>
>>377870054
>Is Horizon worth getting

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>377871195
>How does the machine combat work? Do you just run into robot dinosaurs in the wild and fight them?

Yes. As soon as a robot see's you it will aggro you and you'll have to fight it or escape. Stealth armor and stealth mods shorten the distance you can walk up dinosaurs without aggroing them as well as the distance needed to un-aggro them. There are patches of tall red grass that completely hide your presence unless you are already being attacked. Whistle breaks the fucking game because it only draws the attention of a single enemy at a time so you can stealth kill them or overide them.

>two sawtooths (metal sabertooth tigers) prowling around.
>hide in bushes and whistle to one
>overide them when they get close
>grab popcorn and watch as they kill each other

It's that broken

>>377871195
>Also how is the human combat?
Humans fall for the same whistling tactics as the dinos except you obviously can't control them. Stealth kills are one hit KO's.
>>
>>377871628
t. PCuk
>>
>>377871579
damn, that looks beautiful. Does the game have day/night cycles?
>>
>>377871917
Yes, but it does look better on the Pro. Pic related is base PS4.
>>
>>377870330
the pro is one of the best systems I've ever bought. These games look identical to gtx Titan X's.
>>
>>377870054
Played it on the regular. Pretty well optimized, some slow map issues occasionally, or slow downs when a lot of shit is happening. Only noticed it a few times though. Looks great.

>>377871917
Yes
>>
>>377871545
>Using elemetnal arrows to get different effects and removing certain enemy parts and weapons to limit what they can do is where it really shines.

I ignored that stuff until the end of the game when it was needed for the hunter chalenges. Tearblast arrows from the sniper bow and the hunter bow with all damage up mods are all you need. I got my hunterbow to like 70 damage a shot. I would wreck thunderjaws by exposing their hearts and knocking off their cannons with tearblast arrows. killed one in like 20 seconds by shooting the exposed heart with the dropped cannons.
>>
>>377870054
yes, just don't expect to do anything after beating all the quests, barren world
you'll get your money's Orth ice it's a pretty good long game but there's very little replay value once you're done with quests.
>>
>>377871832
>>377871832
Difficulty is definitely not one of Horizon's selling points.

It's challenging at first but once you acquire more tools, you just have way too many ways to exploit the game if you really REALLY wanted to.
>>
File: Silly Anon.gif (3MB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
Silly Anon.gif
3MB, 250x252px
>>377872105
>These games look identical to gtx Titan X's
>>
Such a shame there's no interaction with the world except for a few things that look like ass anyway.
>>
>>377872054
damn, that looks great. I'll probably get it
>>
>>377872384
what's even funnier is these pc cucks spend $1000+ on grafix cards but play on a 20" 1080p monitor.
>>
>>377870054
go shill your shitty game somewhere else
>>
>>377873009

>play on a 20" 1080p monitor.

What's wrong with that? Do you think having a huge ass monitor makes the game look better or something?
>>
>>377870054
did you saw promotional footage or real footage?
>>
>>377871334

>falling for the meme

Literally kys
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.