[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is about to turn 20 years old. Do you think we'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Mrcover.jpg (86KB, 640x647px) Image search: [Google]
Mrcover.jpg
86KB, 640x647px
This game is about to turn 20 years old.

Do you think we'll ever get a new one?
>>
I thought there were a monster shitter with every nintendo or playstation console since forever?
>>
was the show good or just pokemon fodder
>>
File: wj9EqnxmgjahzqdgzqmpZUCEo1_500.jpg (14KB, 469x351px) Image search: [Google]
wj9EqnxmgjahzqdgzqmpZUCEo1_500.jpg
14KB, 469x351px
No and it's probably for the best. After 2 they just got worse and worse.
>>
File: 1374893329496.jpg (79KB, 496x515px) Image search: [Google]
1374893329496.jpg
79KB, 496x515px
>>377865315

I WAS TRANSPORTED
>>
>>377865315
The best of the "muh monsters" shows with Digimon s1-2 close behind.
>>
>>377865361
dis

i played em all

the series went to poop

4 is kinda ok
>>
>>377865361
>>377865553
IMO, 3 (besides lacking fusion), and the GBA/DS games were all fine.

It was 4 and EVO that took a shit on the Monster Rancher formula by trying to be JRPGs and killed the series with faggoty circus minigame bullshit.
>>
Unfortunately we'll likely never see one again. I would have to wonder how they'd do it nowadays, considering that the day of the CD is past.
>>
>>377865315
That's not correct use of the word "fodder".
>>
2 was so good. It's a damn shame the series fizzled out.
>>
>>377865289
There hasn't been a real Monster Rancher game since 2008.
>>
>>377865654
the GBA ones are alrighty, you right
the shitty fucking board game errantry from the DS games as well as some other dumb thing about the battle system I can't recall made me hate it

I liked 4's ranching system more, I think the thing with 3 that rubbed me the wrong way was the style, it felt way too cutesy to me after the kinda dirty aesthetic of 1 and 2
>>
>>377865672
like those "celebrity lookalike detectors", there could be a monster rancher monster generator based on your friends' profile pictures on normiebook which analyzes the picture and attributes to it a certain monster

I'm guessing something like this already exists
>>
File: 1460950249158.jpg (53KB, 625x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460950249158.jpg
53KB, 625x600px
>>377865386
TO A FARAWAY LAND
>>
>>377865857
>>377865654
Yeah, they the GBA ones were serviceable.

I actually really enjoyed the card battle game too.
>>
>>377865857
Yeah, I hear a lot of people cite the artstyle of 3 as the reason they didn't like it. I personally like the cute cel-shaded style though, and the graphics aged better for it.

4's ranching system was actually my main gripe with it, raising a bunch of dudes at once took away the sense of attachment you'd get while focusing on one monster at a time. At least that's how it felt to me.

>the shitty fucking board game
Damn, I forgot about that. Yeah that sucked ass. They didn't really change the battle system at all, besides adding the ability to defend, so I'm not sure what it might have been that put you off there.

If you can overlook the board game training and errantry controls being possibly bugged, I still think it's a passable final game. When the DS still had Wi-Fi, you could battle and fuse with random players (without needing friend codes, which all DS games seemed to shove down your throat back then). It was pretty fun. MRA2 had way more content, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.