[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crysis 2 is an unbelievably good game. It has some of the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2013-10-13_00002.jpg (553KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-13_00002.jpg
553KB, 1920x1080px
Crysis 2 is an unbelievably good game. It has some of the best "gun-feel", encounter design, level design, and set pieces in FPS history. Everything is so satisfying. And it's very well paced. Plus the music is fantastic. I don't know why we allowed the vocal minority to tarnish this game's reputation. How the fuck is this game a "tech demo" when it has some of the best FPS gameplay in history? What the hell is wrong with these people?
>>
>>377860789

t. hasn't played Crysis 1
>>
>>377860789
no it's shit
>>
>>377860789
it's actually pretty garbage compared to 1
>no prone
>delayed movement (takes almost a full second to jump after pressing space)
>fucktarded FOV

1 was a much more fluid game.
>>
Fuck off Crytek.
>>
>>377860869
Crysis 1 has poor pacing, flawed AI, and is generally a deeply sloppy game that is worse than Far Cry 1 in a number of areas.
>>
>>377860789
It's was an ok game but you can't deny it was dumbed down for console audiences.
>>
>>377860949
>>no prone
Wasn't needed.
>>fucktarded FOV
Only marginally lower than Crysis 1. Also can be changed.
>>delayed movement (takes almost a full second to jump after pressing space)
Citation needed.
>>
>>377861210
How exactly was it dumbed down for console audiences considering Crytek ported Crysis 1 to consoles the same year? They improved pretty much every area of the game's design. Only real mistake they made was tying sprinting to suit energy, which they rectified in Crysis 3.
>>
>>377860870
How is it shit, anon?
>>
One really cool feature was the "Press such-and-such to look" prompts. Instead of forcing the player to look at something happening in the distance, the game would offer to look in that direction for the player if they wanted. It really drove home how much player freedom Crysis 2 offered compared compared to its peers.
>>
>>377861492
>improved
>removed features left and right
Kill yourself
>>
>>377861796
What super crucial features were removed and how did they negatively impact the game's core gameplay?
>>
I find it interesting how Far Cry 4 was bashed for being to mechanically similar to Far Cry 3, but Crysis 2 was bashed for trying new things after Crysis Warhead. Seems to me like the Crysis 1 purists wanted the exact same game over and over and over again. Almost like the only thing they liked about Crysis 1 was its gameplay or something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.